URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID1
Thread Number: 4399
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Bash John Rocker."

Posted by kingfish on 09-04-14 at 05:04 PM
We've had Rocker bashing opportunities before, recently in another forum and back when he was sports page news.

But we can never have enough fun bashing him, even though he's such an easy target. So have at it. Scoring will be on originality and raunchiness.

However first I'm going make an attempt at being fair, because someone needs to say something good about him.

And this is what I've come up with (ahem):

He is a very good judge at picking model wannabe reality star girl friends who think that riding his coat tails is their path to being rich and famous, or failing that, that half of John Rocker's MLB money will do too.

Kudos, John. So far, she is prime. I haven't heard her speak yet, so there is a possibility that I will have to come up with an alternative trait to complement Rocker on. I don't know if there is one, so I'm hoping she doesn't disappoint. All I can think of at the moment is that he's tall and makes a good sunblocking shade. Oh yeah, and he can get stuff off of the top shelf in the closet.

Crabman

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Bash John Rocker."
Posted by Estee on 09-05-14 at 11:01 AM
I think we've found this season's quitter. He'll take a look at the tribe he's been placed with, note the presence of non-pink skin hues, listen to the foreign accents around him, begin to ponder the seasonal homosexual quota and, after failing to draft a bill getting every last one of those players banned, openly declare that This Is Not America As He Knows It and run for his life. Which, while it denies him the show's million, will set him up for life as the Next Great FOX News Contributor.

Now that would be a reality show.

Posted by kingfish on 09-05-14 at 04:49 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-05-14 AT 04:51 PM (EST)

We should be so lucky - the quitting part that is.

"John responds..."
Posted by tribephyl on 09-06-14 at 03:49 PM
...to the "probability" that he will be misjudged.
Dalton squeezed some delusional self-impressions outta him, a day before filming began.

Either that or he speaks the truth and people WILL end up supporting him.

"RE: John responds..."
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 09-07-14 at 12:11 PM
I posted the same way about Jeff Kent before his season aired - he was well documented to be a churlish prick and I fully expected him to be the same way on the show. He surprised us, and his most churlish moment came in his exit interview when he ripped on the taxes he would have paid if he had won.

{Off his} Rocker could very well be the same way - surprise us on the show. Though, I'd rather keep a memory of him as a jackass prick and have him out of the game very early.

Posted by kingfish on 09-07-14 at 01:21 PM
The problem I have believing that he has seen the light is that he's been making outrageous, ignorant, and hurtful comments like those he made for SI for 13 years.

He hasn't seen the light. He may have a manager that is trying to soften his image, but John Rocker is a bona fide jerk face.

Posted by Aruba on 09-18-14 at 12:24 PM
Right you are, Kingfish.

He won't/hasn't changed. He may attempt to put up a façade early on to mask the kind of vile piece of trash he truly is, but (I'm sure you're all sick and tired of hearing me say this) at the end of the day the eight words that define every human being:

You are, who you are, who you are.

Although I'm not the least bit surprised, I am disheartened that Production would cast such a despicable individual as John Rocker for the game.

If they're proposing a Blood vs. Water III, there's little doubt in my mind an application has already been mailed out to Ray Rice and his wife Janay.

"Summary of half the season promo commercials."
Posted by Estee on 09-15-14 at 08:11 AM
"Hi, I'm Phil Robertson's favorite baseball player."

"May I deliver the worst insult of a famous person..."
Posted by suzzee on 09-22-14 at 02:29 PM
Who are you?

Corrupting teenage boys since, well,
none of your business how long...

Posted by Dakota on 09-25-14 at 08:30 PM
I don't follow MLB and don't know what he did, but I know his name and it's not Jeter, so he must have done something bad.

It's good to have someone around who can reach the top shelf and lift furniture. Or cars. Or houses. And his girlfriend gave us the first almost-blur, so I'm surprised these two aren't getting more cheers.

Tribe and Coco '13

Posted by kingfish on 09-26-14 at 11:41 AM
Cheers? You forget where you are.

Beside, I'm all for blurs of the not plumber type.

Posted by Dakota on 09-26-14 at 12:32 PM
Cheers. Yes, I forgot where I was.
Well I'm with you on the plumber thing and I'm cheering for this guy 'cause he's not on the show. No blur needed.

Watch for a HD blur from her though. You know EPMB is.
Tribe and Coco '13

Posted by Aruba on 09-26-14 at 09:26 PM
"I don't follow MLB and don't know what he did..."

WOW...where do we start???

For starters...he compared Times Square to "walking through Beirut" which prompted him to ask the reporters, "How the *bleep* did all these damn foreigners get into this country?!"

He refused to ride the subway because he "wouldn't want to get aids by sitting next to some queer."

He called an African-American baseball player a "fat monkey."

Here's a doozy...If Germany had the right to bear arms in the 1940s then it's the Jews fault they had the Holocaust.

He refused to talk with a particular sports columnist who admitted he was homosexual because, "I don't want to talk to some fag...what I can't say that? This is a free country and if I want to call a fag a fag, I can say fag!"

And that's just for starters...

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 09-27-14 at 00:19 AM
LAST EDITED ON 09-27-14 AT 00:24 AM (EST)

Rocker's infamous 1999 interview

Scroll down for a little catalog of bon mots he's meted out over the past few years as a columnist: (note - plenty of touchy language)
Still a racist xenophobic douchebag

ETA: Oh! And how could I forget these...
http://www.sportsgrid.com/mlb/fact-john-rocker-should-not-be-allowed-to-tweet-anymore/

Posted by Dakota on 09-27-14 at 02:43 AM
Oh. So that's the problem.

I love learning new things. Sometimes.

Tribe and Coco '13