URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID57
Thread Number: 4391
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Christie's ulterior motive..."

Posted by Cleverone on 04-06-06 at 09:52 PM
I was astounded today when Rhonda actually confronted Christie about her "real reasons" for coming to the SO house...it seems she wanted SO to pay for her reconstructive plastic surgery...it's what I felt all along because of all her whinning and complaining about her scars and how she can't afford the cost of the surgery...it's ironic that they sent her to discuss this very idea with a plastic surgeon shortly after supposedly having her talk to plastic surgery patients who (according to Christie) had her feeling that she was okay with her body for now.
I loved the way Rhonda emphatically let her know that SO "isn't" footing the bill for it....so, I guess her body will just "have" to do...at least, for now...this girl is a real piece of work...she got more than she bargained for...no alcohol, made to diet, no boyfriend, exposing her mother's addictions and her own and (whinning)no one to support her...what a laugh!!

Next time Christie, save your money if you want your surgery or read the fine print in your contract. I'll bet she will really be pissed off now.

"I walk in my own shoes..."

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Christie's ulterior motive..."
Posted by Dayum Yankee on 04-06-06 at 10:32 PM
According to the conversation, Rhonda said today that SO had told her right from the get go that they wouldn't pay for more plastic surgery. Maybe Christie thought if she whined enough that they would change their minds. I loved watching that part of today's show. Also where Rhonda questioned Christie as to why it bothered her so much that Kim drank last night. Christie at one point was speechless then had to admit she had been complaining for no reason because Kim hadn't broken any agreement she had with her. Christie time to take responsibility for yourself and accept your body the way it is or get off your arse and start dieting and exercising.

Posted by SOWayz on 04-06-06 at 11:25 PM
You're right...she thought everyone would feel sorry for her. But instead, the tables keep turning back to her. The victim thing is still ingrained though, she laid in bed suffering, so that she could complian about it the next day.

Posted by Boots12565 on 04-06-06 at 11:37 PM
I wonder-?Wouldnt it STINK if s.o. gave Christie money at graduation -To pay for plastic surgery?It wouldnt surprise me-Leave it to Rhonda to pull a fast one!JMHO_PEACE

Posted by JessicaRN on 04-07-06 at 01:02 AM
I thought the whole scenario was strange. Christie's focus on last few days was on accepting herself and reshaping her body image. Then today SO sent her to a plastic surgeon to see how the doctor could help her. No wonder Christie was confused. I'm not a big fan of Christie's, but I do feel like she was kind of manipulated. Which is it - Accept your body with it's flaws or see what can be fixed?

Posted by Madre on 04-07-06 at 09:56 PM
>I thought the whole scenario was
>strange. Christie's focus on
>last few days was on
>accepting herself and reshaping her
>body image. Then today
>SO sent her to a
>plastic surgeon to see how
>the doctor could help her.
> No wonder Christie was
>confused. I'm not a
>big fan of Christie's, but
>I do feel like she
>was kind of manipulated.
>Which is it - Accept
>your body with it's flaws
>or see what can be
>fixed?

I totally agree with you. It was like they were setting her up to fail.

Posted by ChristinaJB on 04-08-06 at 08:52 PM
I think it was a test to see if she had accepted her body, or was she still wanting the magic pill. Had she really been on the path to accepting her body, she would have - either - gone and not been disappointed when they told her they could fix it, but she couldn't afford to have it done, OR she could have said, NO, I don't want to go, I want to accept my body as it is.

I think she failed. Why she got in A at BOR is beyond me...

Posted by sharnina on 04-07-06 at 02:21 AM
I guess I heard it differently. I thought Rhonda reminded her that SO would not support her in the idea of seeking further surgery. I didn't see it as them talking about SO actually paying for it but that they would not encourage or support Christie in the decision to have more surgery.

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34

Posted by Madre on 04-07-06 at 09:58 PM
>I guess I heard it differently.
>I thought Rhonda reminded her
>that SO would not support
>her in the idea of
>seeking further surgery. I didn't
>see it as them talking
>about SO actually paying for
>it but that they would
>not encourage or support Christie
>in the decision to have
>more surgery.
>
>Therefore do not worry about
>tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry
>about itself. Each day has
>enough trouble of its own.
>Matthew 6:34

I thought the same thing. It's amazing how we can all watch the same eaxact show yet see something different.

Posted by soldiermate on 05-02-06 at 12:57 PM
The neat thing is that that is what the show, and most cognitive therapy is all about; that how we perceive things is frequently inaccurate, colored by our individual past experiences.

Posted by Cleverone on 04-08-06 at 01:10 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-08-06 AT 01:12 AM (EST)

>I guess I heard it differently.
>I thought Rhonda reminded her
>that SO would not support
>her in the idea of
>seeking further surgery. I didn't
>see it as them talking
>about SO actually paying for
>it but that they would
>not encourage or support Christie
>in the decision to have
>more surgery.
>
>

Sharnina....it's a possibility that it was intended that way, I just saw the irony in it...that she was made to feel comfortable in her own skin and then tempted by the visit with the PS to discuss possible remedies and then Rhonda drops the bombshell on her by overtly revealing that SO isn't going to pay for it (you know, just in case you were thinking they would).

Seasonrefinement wrote:

>>So I played it back, and I'm pretty clear on it at this point.

Rhonda said, you are really...you really thought you were coming here to have Starting Over contribute to your fixing your body, and I shared with you in our first session that that is not happening; and I know you had to go through disappointment on that."

I have a feeling that the casting people may have let Christie believe that SO might consider footing the bill if it fit in with the story lines, etc. I do believe that Christie's disappointment was because Rhonda shattered that hope after Christie had already signed on to the show. Unless Rhonda is lying on camera, this statement was made during their first session together.

Maybe Rhonda was saying that Starting Over was not the magic pill that would cure Christie's emotional body image problems<<

Like SR, I believe Christie may have been led to believe this and was banking on it and is pissed that it's not what she's getting, now after going thru all of the other things that she really didn't want to "deal with"...the price is too high and she's not even getting "first prize"...either way, Christie's needs to learn "acceptance" of herself before her wish for plastic beauty kills her. Peace!

Posted by bugaloo on 04-07-06 at 02:27 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-07-06 AT 11:35 AM (EST)

that explains why she shows off the scar every chance she gets. from day one that scar didn't seem so horrible because she would make everyone look at it like a toddler with a booboo.

i'm sure she decided to wear her bra and panties in hopes that some surgeon would offer her free lipo. i love when the dr. was saying it's fine to keep it on because it's cold in here. (ha!)

Posted by SeasonedRefinement on 04-07-06 at 04:57 AM
I remembered the basics of the Rhonda/Christie interchange, but as I read through this thread, I began to realize that Rhonda's comments could be interpreted two ways. Was she telling Christie that Starting Over was not paying for her surgery, or was her point more abstract? Maybe Rhonda was saying that Starting Over was not the magic pill that would cure Christie's emotional body image problems.

So I played it back, and I'm pretty clear on it at this point.

Rhonda said, you are really...you really thought you were coming here to have Starting Over contribute to your fixing your body, and I shared with you in our first session that that is not happening; and I know you had to go through disappointment on that."

I have a feeling that the casting people may have let Christie believe that SO might consider footing the bill if it fit in with the story lines, etc. I do believe that Christie's disappointment was because Rhonda shattered that hope after Christie had already signed on to the show. Unless Rhonda is lying on camera, this statement was made during their first session together.

That being said, I'm glad SO didn't pay for it. I don't think Christie had a right to expect anyone to foot the bill for her personal expenses - and if she was disappointed, that is exactly what she was expecting.

Actually, I'm not seeing Christie's problem as being a lack of self-confidence. She obviously thinks she's quite good looking, and I think her desire is to have a perfect body sculpted by a surgeon. Despite the signficant scarring on her arm, Christie apparently has enough self-confidence to bare her arms to the world. She does not seem to dress to hide the scars, but actually wears sleeveless tops regularly. I'm not criticizing that, just noting that I'm not seeing that the "disfigurement" cripples her with insecurity. Overall, she's quite demanding and pretty direct about what people "owe her".

BTW, did she ever mention filing a malpractice lawsuit against the surgeon who was responsible for the surgery that disfigured her arm? If she did, I must have missed it. Do you guys think she was awarded any type of settlement? And why is a girl of limited means shopping for a plastic surgeon anyway?

Posted by origsofan on 04-07-06 at 06:53 AM
It would be really unusual for Starting Over to pay for Christies plastic surgery. The gifts on SO are usually very mimimal by TV standards. From my point of view, Christie sure could use some plastic surgery. She has tons of loose fat. Hollywood people do it all the time. Rhonda sure looks like shes had at least a nip and tuck. If I were Christie, Id be hoping for the same thing.

Posted by Labyrinth on 04-07-06 at 09:28 AM
>She obviously thinks
>she's quite good looking, and
>I think her desire is
>to have a perfect body
>sculpted by a surgeon.
>Despite the signficant scarring on
>her arm, Christie apparently has
>enough self-confidence to bare her
>arms to the world.
>She does not seem to
>dress to hide the scars,
>but actually wears sleeveless tops
>regularly.

I've thought from the beginning that Christie's fixation on the scars was a bunch of hooey (and I posted that in the first Christie thread). Anyone who wears what this girl wears has no problem with her body image. AND we saw how she got into the sensual yoga exercise.

She LIKES HERSELF.

Another reason why Christie has not had enough to do in the SO house. The reason she said she was there??? not a reason at all as Rhonda exposed yesterday. It also explains why Christie seems laid back and uncaring during most of the exercises as if they don't effect or impact her at all.

Posted by beckettrep on 04-07-06 at 08:32 PM
>LAST EDITED ON 04-07-06
>AT 11:35 AM (EST)

>
>that explains why she shows off
>the scar every chance she
>gets. from day one
>that scar didn't seem so
>horrible because she would make
>everyone look at it like
>a toddler with a booboo.
>
>
>i'm sure she decided to wear
>her bra and panties in
>hopes that some surgeon would
>offer her free lipo.
>i love when the dr.
>was saying it's fine to
>keep it on because it's
>cold in here. (ha!)

I can only hope they have female camera-people because otherwise it just doesn't seem right to have a guy in the examining room and Christie in nothing but her underwear. On second thought I guess it doesn't really matter if the camera-person is male or female since the whole tv viewing audience got to see it.

Posted by Lanna42 on 04-07-06 at 10:11 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-07-06 AT 10:21 AM (EST)

>I loved the way Rhonda emphatically let her know that SO "isn't" footing the bill for it....so, I guess her body will just "have" to do...at least, for now...this girl is a real piece of work...she got more than she bargained for...no alcohol, made to diet, no boyfriend, exposing her mother's addictions and her own and (whinning)no one to support her...what a laugh!!

Yes,astounding to say the least and she definitely must be floored.Her needing to be there has absolutely nothing to do with needing more plastic surgery.It's all about controlling her addictions and her lack of confidence in her ability to do so.And it's pretty obvious she has been suffering through her stay in the SO house.It's a good thing Rhonda was frank with her.She looks fine.Not model material but few people are.

Posted by Juliejo on 04-07-06 at 10:57 AM
I am glad that the truth finally came out about Christie and it makes a lot more sense to me now too. I am glad SO wont help her pay for more surgery as well. Has Chrisite never heard of exercise? There is a swimming pool in the back yard and she could be doing laps every morning and every afternoon to get her body in shape and there is a threadmill and who knows what else. Chrisite is lazy and self- centered. She is not ashamed of how she looks or she wouldnt dress the way she does. Why didnt she sue the doctor who messed up her arm? How do people like Chrisite think those in the world who are born with handicaps live with themselves when they are flawed? ( not by choice either) Give me a break she just wants more plastic surgery and none will ever be enough. How did she get so over weight in the first place addictions: she ate whatever she wanted and didnt exercise and drank and used prescription pills. Now she pi$$es and moans about herself all the time. I am sick and tired of her and I have not one feeling of empathy for her. She did it to herself. Her stay in the SO house has not turned out the way she expected it too. She is a pretty woman just not model material. I was also pleased when neither Rhonda or Iguana played in to her little game about poor little me Kim got drunk and woke me up. Boo Hoo hoo hoo

Posted by TruGoodness on 04-07-06 at 11:00 AM
I think I am seeing real growth in Christing. She just seems more at peace these last few episodes.

http://www.AmericanInventorSpot.com

Posted by Labyrinth on 04-07-06 at 11:04 AM
I have to respectfully disagree with some things you wrote. Look back over the clips of the SO episodes it is CHRISTIE who is on the TREADMILL. She IS exercising. How much we will never know as this show doesn't deal with reality.

On sueing the doctor... give me a break. These doctors stick together like glue - it's a fraternity. I had plastic surgery (and yes it was covered by insurance) and the doctor LEFT SOMETHING IN MY BODY. I got a HUGE infection - the infection they ended up sucking out of my body was about the size of a grapefruit and had physical material left in during the surgery. I won't go into the gory details (as there are some) but the upshot of it is that in order for me to sue I would have had to get another doctor to agree to go to court and be for me. Surprise Surprise the doctor that fixed me up would not go to court. Doctors won't do this because it endangers the brotherhood.

I highly doubt that Christie has recourse to sue the doctor that screwed up her surgery.

Posted by bugaloo on 04-07-06 at 11:52 AM
>I have to respectfully disagree with
>some things you wrote. Look
>back over the clips of
>the SO episodes it is
>CHRISTIE who is on the
>TREADMILL. She IS exercising. How
>much we will never know
>as this show doesn't deal
>with reality.

She was on the treadmill 2 days and went on that Curves walk with Jodi the same week. She made a HUGE deal about it AND said it is the only exercise she has done. She's been in the house for MONTHS!

But yes, none of them seem to exercise. If it weren't for assignments, I would forget that there is a pool, tennis court and a huge yard.

Posted by sharnina on 04-07-06 at 12:19 PM
She's been in the house for months in TV time but I heard Lisa say yesterday that she's been there for 8 weeks and Christie came after her. So that means in the approximately 3 months that we have been watching her we've seen about 60 hours of footage (that equals a little less than 3 days) and Christie hasn't been featured or seen in every hour that we've seen. We only see a small slice of their everyday lives so it really is hard to determine if any of them are exercising or not.

Not that I think she is, I'm just sayin'.

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34

Posted by Lanna42 on 04-07-06 at 04:06 PM
Labyrinth:Very sorry to hear of your ordeal with plastic surgery.They don't emphasize that those kinds of things can happen enough do they? And it's quite possible that whatever releases of liability Christie signed may have limited her options for suing the doctor who maimed her.She is pretty as she is right now.I don't think more plastic surgery would make her more attractive.They may be able to use lasers to reduce the appearance of her scars.I do sympathsize with Christie on that issue and the fact that she is obviously suffering at having to cope without the things she usually does.I think that she is really white knuckling it right now.And giving up the alcohol is something she's obviously struggling with terribly.But she's come a long way.

Posted by Labyrinth on 04-07-06 at 07:20 PM
Plastic surgerons are very very aware of their risk of liability. Why? Because people have distorted notions of what their face, nose, breasts are going to look like (just like Christie's twisted body image of herself) that they do protect themselves with TONS of paperwork and TONS of signing your life (literally) away.

Christie should really think of the very real possibility that many people die from gastric surgery. Many people die during liposuction.

Her real problems is her many addictions - alcohol, smoking, boyfriends, anything that blocks out the pain. What pain is she blocking? I've never seen her dig deep and show us the pain she has that would require this much.

I really don't think the SO house is set up or able to professionally deal with someone like Christie - her addictions need an intervention on the level of boot camp - and get her off her carousel of make believe.

Posted by bugaloo on 04-07-06 at 11:43 AM
totally agree julijo!

Posted by annie828 on 04-07-06 at 12:06 PM
When you look at christie, she doesn't even look happy. I have never seen any happy emotions from her. It comes across as though she doesn't seem to care about anyone but herself. When she talks in the confessional, she is always sooooooo daaaaaaarn booooooooring. The way she talks, would put anyone to sleep.

If she really wanted to be thin, she would be doing more to help herself....She would be busting her BUTT to get in shape, she would be eating healthier foods all the time. I still see her eat food she shouldn't even be looking at. When you want something bad enouph, it should never be easy....you have to work hard to get it.

Yeah, she could get all her fat sucked out of her body, but that is a quick fix. She is looking for a easy way out, and I agree she IS looking for SO to pay for her "quick fix surgery"

She would best be putting her own money into a professional fitness trainer and better food, and get fit for life.

Christie, there is no quick fixes in life, you need a whole new lif style change. Get real Christie! Your ungrateful attitude in the house makes me sick!

Posted by cleogrl on 04-07-06 at 12:22 PM
I'm sure Christie thought her time in the SO would be spent re-doing the botched plastic surgery that she had. She's probably saw those Extreme Makeover shows and figured it would make a good story line.

I've sensed that Christie has been cranky since she's arrived. Sort of like when Private Benjamin complained at bootcamp that they sent her to the wrong place...she was supposed to go to the camp with condos and swimming pools. I don't think Christie realized when she arrived that she would have to give up drugs and booze.

I also think she's in denial about her gastric surgery and how much weight she's gained back. I'm shocked at how much food Christie has on her fork at each meal. I only noticed it the last time they were eating(I think Christie was sitting next to Kim). Christie has a big fork and there's more than a mouthful on her fork, I've never put that much food on my fork. How can she do it when she has a stomache the size of an egg? If she sat there for more than 5 minutes, she's eaten too much for the meal.

Christie also needs to exercise. Getting on the treadmill once or twice in the weeks that she's been at the house isn't going to cut it. No wonder she's gained back 50 pounds. When she gives her weight loss numbers to people I wonder if it includes her weight gain; she always says she lost 130 pounds. Did she initially lose 180 pounds? My guess is that Christie has only lost 80 pounds altogether.

I think she needs to deal with her anger and depression and start getting real.

Posted by Labyrinth on 04-07-06 at 07:24 PM
>How
>can she do it when
>she has a stomache the
>size of an egg?

I highly doubt that her stomach is still egg sized. Obviously what these daytime reality shows (including Tyra talk show) doesn't want to discuss is that the stomach STRETCHES right back to the original size if you keep shoveling in the groceries.

The only difference for Christie is that there are now things that can make her sick if she continues eating in the manner that she has - it's been mentioned several times that GP requires a "special diet" afterwards for LIFE.

Christie has never thought through the ramifications of her action. She wanted a quick fix, and now she is destroying her quick beauty.

Posted by Cleverone on 04-08-06 at 00:47 AM
You're sooo right Lab...the stomach is a muscle and stretches out as far as you can fill it...sorta like that enforcer garbage bag. Christie needs to watch it...remember when Summer would overeat and have to lie down on the floor in pure pain...that's not a good sign...people die from this type of surgery if they don't change their diets along with the surgery.

If Christie wanted more plastic surgery she should've been on the make over shows...(something like the Swan)...she could've gotten all she wanted...but, they make you do part of the work yourself and then they finish the job, however, these women resemble Barbies...so do most women who have too much plastic surgery. She could be more attractive if she changed her attitude instead of her body...it's all in the way you present yourself.

Christie has grown a little...it seems from today's show, but she's still got a long way to go, though...she says she found compassion and that's a start for her (Bravo)...now, if only she can find some joy...it would be good to see her smile for a change...but, she really needs to get a grip with the quick fixes as there are none.

Posted by tac_2 on 04-07-06 at 07:43 PM
I'm just so bored with this woman.
I see nothing beneath the skin...not so surprising since that's about all Christie talks about. (when she's not snitching on or whining about Kim, that is)

I don't even detect any deep dark issues...just
skin
and more skin.

and whining and slurring (maybe it's *her cups and glasses* that need to be examined along with Kim's)

Somebody needs to wake up sleepy Christie and I don't think it's going to be her pal Rhonda who evidently think she's doing "A" work in the house. Give me a break.

Posted by Cleverone on 04-08-06 at 01:30 AM
Christie has a lot more "growing" to do before she's finished..and I hope she learned that you can't go around whining to get what you want and everyone isn't meant to be a model, that's what's wrong with our society now....where we have soooo many anorexic, bulimic and emotionally wrecked women...who buy into the "ideal body" from the magazine execs and fashion experts who tell us what "we're supposed to look like" , but we tend to forget that we are different and that "real" beauty isn't only skin deep and can be found in each of us as our lives become joyful and fulfilled....maybe in realizing these things, we can stop tormenting ourselves to try to uphold unrealistic ideas of who we should be and what we should look like.

Christie's beauty would shine more if she polished her attitude.

Thanks for your responses...the feedback was great! I'll get off my soap box...

Posted by TruGoodness on 04-08-06 at 03:00 AM
I totally agree with thie statment. It s like the extreme makeoveers I saw. If they exercises, took care of them selves and smiled 90% of their appearance improvements could happen wihtout drastic surgery.

http://www.AmericanInventorSpot.com

Posted by maryellennaco on 04-08-06 at 05:19 PM
She needs to start saving her $$ for all that leg, thigh & hind end stuff she needs for that lower half of her body. IMHO
She's outta there faster than a jackrabbit, is my guess. Lisa2, Christie. She's now hoping for an entertainment center or living room furniture!!

Posted by lovemydogdude on 04-08-06 at 07:51 PM
LMAO how funny that they would send her to a plastic surgeon the day after she's supposedly decided that she doesn't want it!? I think they did it to finalize her decision..easy to say when you don't have it within your grasp. Going to an appointment would spark alot of desire..with or without the money to back it..if she's truly going to claim that she's happy with herself she needs to know the options out there first..otherwise it's just words. Quite the test I thought..now that was some funny sh!t hehe.

Posted by snowflake2 on 04-11-06 at 07:52 PM
I have always thought that the "Starting Over Fantasy" Christie played in her head went something like this: Sign up for show, show pays for more plastic surgery, and then helps secure Christie a modeling career.

Rhonda said she informed Christie that "this ain't happening" at their first meeting. So, the only thing I'm a little confused about is when exactly their first meeting took place. I would assume it was after Christie had already signed up for the show; I doubt Rhonda and Iyanla bother meeting the houseguests until all contracts are signed. However, there's also the issue of Christie being included in Rhonda's new book...when was that all arranged? Before or after Christie signed on for SO?

If Christie assumed SO would be paying for her cosmetic surgeries, but found out after signing her contract that they wouldn't, that might explain her p!ssy attitude in the House. There have been many instances where she's seemed so put out by her assignments, as though she is in the House against her will. I really don't think her fantasy included dealing with addictions, keeping food logs, dealing with her relationship with her mother, issuing ultimatums to Justin, etc.

I think Christie is still holding out hope that SO will indeed end up paying for more surgery if she just convinces them that she can be "okay" without it. I noticed when she was describing her options to the other HG's after her appointment with the plastic surgeon, she acted very much like she had a decision to make. But then she caught herself and said something like, "Not that it matters anyway: I can't afford it."

I wonder if Christie also tried out for "the Swan" and "Extreme Makeover".

Posted by SeasonedRefinement on 04-11-06 at 08:33 PM
Agreed, SF.

She can always hold out for that big graduation gift! I can see it now, "Since you have clearly demonstrated that you have conquered your addiction to beauty and your preoccupation with body image, as evidenced by your willingness to leave your spandex two piece at home and strip down to your underware at the doctor's office, we're giving you a free cosmetic procedure of your choice to be performed by almost qualified student doctors. You'll have to kick in the anesthesia costs. You HAVE Started Over!"

BTW: When was the last time anyone here got to choose what they wore during a doctor's exam (or is this TV medicine, lol)? I thought paper gowns and one or two pieces of underware was mandatory. Personally, I think the spandex two pieces look a lot worse than the bra/panty thing on Christie. JMO.

Posted by standinmytruth on 04-11-06 at 08:46 PM
What did happen to her emotional food journal? What happened to calling Jill each and everytime she eats anything--never saw her do it once. Who is she supposed to call now that Jill is gone? I never see her measuring out 1 cup of food per meal. What happened to that?

I have missed a couple of episodes. Was all/any of the above ever addressed?

Posted by Labyrinth on 04-11-06 at 09:08 PM
>Rhonda said she informed Christie that
>"this ain't happening" at their
>first meeting. So, the
>only thing I'm a little
>confused about is when exactly
>their first meeting took place.

Christie is mentioned in the book that Rhonda has had published - there is a pre-existing SO relationship between them.

Posted by standinmytruth on 04-11-06 at 09:26 PM
>>Rhonda said she informed Christie that
>>"this ain't happening" at their
>>first meeting. So, the
>>only thing I'm a little
>>confused about is when exactly
>>their first meeting took place.
>
>Christie is mentioned in the book
>that Rhonda has had published
>- there is a pre-existing
>SO relationship between them.
>
>

Unbelievably deceptive! Did it say what? How?

Posted by snowflake2 on 04-11-06 at 09:54 PM
Lab, I haven't checked out Rhonda's newest book yet, so I'm not sure how extensively Christie is featured in it. I was figuring that since Christie must have started filming her SO stint sometime in the summer of 2005 (taking into account TV time vs. real time) that it wasn't impossible her story was added to Rhonda's book after she signed on with SO...I think that would have still left enough time for the book to be ready for its release March 2, 2006, especially if Christie's story is simply used as a brief illustration in the book. I just assumed Rhonda utilized the SO casting calls to find her.

SR, did you catch what Christie said while talking about plastic surgery with Rhonda? Rhonda said she could understand someone horribly disfigured, or nonfunctional wanting surgery, but that Christie is neither of those things. Christie replied something like, "Yeah, and then the surgery addiction would move from the body to the face, and I don't want to have one of those faces" (then she made a bizarre, frozen, "pulled"-looking face to illustrate). I briefly wondered if this was a dig to Rhonda, who has obviously had some cosmetic work done on her face, despite "not understanding" someone wanting plastic surgery.

Posted by SeasonedRefinement on 04-12-06 at 05:32 PM
You are absolutely right, SF. That is exactly what Christie said (and did) when Rhonda trapped herself in her own words, LOL. (Does Rhonda own a mirror????)

When two people are talking, and I can't figure out if the first person deliberately insulted the second person (a dig vs. a slip), I usually look at the second person's face to see how they're reading it. Unfortunately, this method doesn't always work. In this case, Rhonda's facial skin has become so rigid and inflexible that it's beginning to look like a drum with a face painted on it (love those eyebrows). That makes it hard to read the two expressions she has left (asleep/awake). But if Christie is the woman I think she is, it was a dig. (teehee)

Posted by Pek520 on 04-28-06 at 11:27 PM
Does anyone remember this surgeon's name??? Where can I find it? I thought she was great!

Posted by Labyrinth on 05-01-06 at 09:23 AM
From my understanding she is briefly mentioned. There is also a post and link to Christie being showcased at a talk that Rhonda is giving. To be in a book that was recently published - and probably written over 2 years ago (you have to figure in the drafts that goes to the publisher, the editing, the galleys, the printing, the promotional etc... books just don't happen overnight even Rhonda's book-of-the-week).

I think they have had quite a relationship before SO and IMO Christie was brought onto the show as filler since they had stopped the casting calls for new people. (hence the comebacks of Sommer and Cassie to fill out the house). Isn't it so interesting that Sommer, who has also had gastric bypass and body issues is also brought back now when Rhonda's book hits the stands?

I've also had plastic surgery (elective but paid for by insurance since it was health related). If Rhonda wants to have some done (which I think has made her face not pleasant to look at), that's her biz I guess. However, it's obvious that Christie has real, strange body issues going on - watching her at the Sex Yoga place was very disturbing to me. She was really getting into it but yet has no real understanding of what her body looks like ("I'm going to be mumble mumble a Top Model!").

As bad as Rhonda can be at least she doesn't think she can go out and MODEL! and her bod is a lot nicer then Christies.

I hold no illusions about this show anymore. Most of it is canned ham.

Posted by mirage3033 on 05-02-06 at 01:49 PM
I work on a lot of plastic surgery and GB women. The terrible scarring on the arms is typical. also uneven sized arms are a common outcome. I heard that Ophrah said on her show once that is one surgery (arm surgery) she would never have. I realize that some folks end up having GB as that is their only option. But IMO there are a lot of serious health and body issues as an aftermath. I wish the skin would not get so stretched out or fat areas did not remain, but that is what happens. If only a person would utilize diet and exercise and get as close as they can before GB surgery, even if they went ahead they could also be in the best shape possible before having the surgery.