URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID33
Thread Number: 439
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Under attack"

Posted by vince3 on 02-07-11 at 11:00 PM
Someone or something keeps trying to attack my computer, and it only seems to happen with this site today... Every time I change pages the attack alert pops up...

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Additional info"
Posted by vince3 on 02-07-11 at 11:03 PM
IP Addy: 195.80.151.93, 80

URL: asm1.co.cc/imgurlf.php?hl=c85842e78f859bc

"RE: Under attack"
Posted by qwertypie on 02-08-11 at 00:58 AM
Me too, JBug and a bunch of others.

"Reported"
Posted by IceCat on 02-08-11 at 04:12 AM
The details of the problem were reported last night.

"RE: Reported"
Posted by Max Headroom on 02-08-11 at 08:25 AM
Please post an update when you have one. Lots of us are experiencing this issue.

"Any progress?"
Posted by mrc on 02-08-11 at 05:27 PM
I'm still having problems.

"Is it getting worse or better?"
Posted by vince3 on 02-08-11 at 06:08 PM
Might be worse... I had to disable Firefox's blocker to be able to post a message, let alone stop the 'red screen of warning/death' from appearing with each click as well as Norton's attack warnings... *head throbs*

Posted by rjrabbit on 02-08-11 at 06:35 PM
I having problems too! It's so frustrating. Hopefully someone can get this fixed soon.

"Firefox Fix..."
Posted by ARnutz on 02-08-11 at 08:54 PM
I had the same issue and this is what I did:

"Tools" menu.
"options"
"security" tab
uncheck "block reported attack sites" box

I may not leave it at that setting, but it fixed the problem for now.

Posted by cahaya on 02-09-11 at 12:46 PM
Yeah, I wondered what was going on.

After finding out the problem site was on the ad server hacked with the amd1.co.cc address, I found out that it has happened to other sites with ad servers too. It turns out the ad server uses OpenX and there was a security hole in a new release, and a hack was found within 2 weeks of that release. A lot of perfectly safe sites (including ours here) got whammed by this.

I'm glad we're back in business!

"Yeah"
Posted by IceCat on 02-09-11 at 01:25 PM

That also explains why Microsoft was so fast at getting us off their SmartScreen filter list. I was thinking to myself last night when I filled their little 'this website is SAFE' form that we'd have to wait a decade or two before some Micro-Minion got around to editing the list.

"Sorry"
Posted by moonbaby on 02-09-11 at 02:24 PM
I emailed you last night thinking this was a bad new thing and it turns out you already knew about it-I didn't check the Help Forum because of the dreaded red screen.

Thanks, Cat!

"Don't be sorry!"
Posted by IceCat on 02-09-11 at 03:08 PM
It was your email that made me think to fill in the SmartScreen Filter request form.

That red-screen is a bit over-dramatic IMHO... It just means that the site you're visiting is on a list at Microsoft Headquarters.

Posted by Brownroach on 02-09-11 at 02:01 PM
I was getting this problem yesterday too, but only on OT, not Spoilers. Glad to find out it wasn't my (new) computer at work, and that it's fixed now.

Posted by kingfish on 02-09-11 at 04:03 PM
Russell did it!

Obvious philosophy:

If you can't sue, or if you're about to get sued, hit them with a computer virus.

Posted by foonermints on 02-09-11 at 10:07 PM
I got the MS message that someone was trying to open my files. HAH! I don't have beans on this machine, but it did screw up my passwords and for a while the dial-up was running at 34kbs.