URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID33
Thread Number: 437
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"watching videos"

Posted by jbug on 09-25-10 at 10:11 PM
I'm trying to watch Tim Gunn's FB videos and it keeps stopping to continue loading. I can click the pause button & when I start again, it gores for a bit longer, but still stops to load more.

Is there something I can do to get things like this to load without all the interruptions? This has happened too when trying to watch things like the ponderosa videos & stuff.

Do I just have to click the pause and leave it on pause long enough for it to have loaded all the way before watching?

thankee.....

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: watching videos"
Posted by jbug on 10-01-10 at 10:50 AM
"no body loves me,
nobody wants to help me,
I'm going out & eat worms...."

Posted by dabo on 10-01-10 at 02:14 PM
LOL! Have had that problem crop up from time to time, no idea how to fix it, it just has a mind of its own. Update your media player?

Posted by jbug on 10-01-10 at 03:44 PM
I can try that.
Thanks for being here for me

Posted by Snidget on 10-01-10 at 05:52 PM
Yep other than check the media player is up-to-date make sure your internet connection is speedy. If you have a wireless make sure there isn't someone else connected to you taking up a bunch of your bandwidth.

Sometimes it is just a slow internet day or the server it is coming from is overloaded and that you can't fix. I've sometimes saved a link to go back to the next morning early if something is slow, especially at lunch or 4 pm.

Posted by jbug on 10-01-10 at 07:57 PM
I have wireless - how would I know if someone is connected?
How close would they ahve to be?

Posted by Snidget on 10-01-10 at 08:30 PM
If you have a wireless router you control (rather than log onto a public network of some kind) make sure you have a password on it (there should be software on one of your computers to access and run the router so you can set one) and mine says how many computers, etc. are using it when I open up.

"My Neighbor"
Posted by foonermints on 10-02-10 at 12:31 PM
"Ritchie" got wireless a few months ago. His connection got slower.. slower.. slooowwerrr.
It turns out he didn't have it password protected, AND that explained many of the limo drivers from the airport parking in front of his building and sitting there lots of the day using their laptops.

cheaters!

One password, and they disappeared like nasty little bugs. If I were you, I would choose a happy, smart and clever password, like: "foonermints".

"RE: My Neighbor"
Posted by jbug on 10-03-10 at 10:03 PM

Thanks Snidget & Fooner
here's where I have to show how little I know about the workings of computers....

When I got my laptop, I got the wireless. I connected it myself - with a bit of help via a phone call.
I don't remember putting in any password. I'll see what I can find.

There are few people near me - 3 houses maybe a football field length or more away; another a bit further; my bro & mama a bit more than that.

There is an elem school about 1/3 mile maybe - as the crow flies.
Could it be getting jacked from there?

Posted by SpotTheDifference on 11-14-10 at 08:35 AM
Same thing happened to us when I first set up our wireless. I didn't bother setting up a password because I thought our neighbors would be honest enough not to leech on our Internet. That was, until I noticed our router lights blinking even when I wasn't using the computer.

Posted by jbug on 11-15-10 at 10:25 AM
oh!
blinking lights are a clue????

who knew?
can't wait to get home to look -
I'm serious!