URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 4333
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Outcast return is random buff draw from an urn"

Posted by SurvivorBlows on 10-31-03 at 01:29 PM

Breaking news from the conference call... after the vote in, they learn they have to draw one of two buffs to determine which tribe they join

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Outcast return is random buff draw from an urn"
Posted by jkokoj on 10-31-03 at 01:33 PM
That would explain the looks on their faces. It is all about luck not who each person wants back in. I don't like it.

Posted by pmspml5 on 10-31-03 at 01:34 PM
Yeah - but too many of them look worried - I think they all look like that cause JP tells them that Osten quit and they are all pissed cause they would give anything to be back in the game.

Posted by Brownroach on 10-31-03 at 02:06 PM
jkokoj, they do get to vote on which two people come back in. It's which tribe each goes to that's subsequently determined by luck of the draw.

Posted by jkokoj on 10-31-03 at 01:35 PM
I forgot to say thanks SB!! So who you going to fly down and cover this little diddy for us????LOL

*pick* me *pick* me!!

Posted by bebekid on 10-31-03 at 01:36 PM
Just so I'm clear...The outcasts vote on which 2 will return, and then those 2 draw buffs to determine which tribe they will join?

Do they draw merge buffs? It seems pointless to have them go back to the Drake or Morgan camps if they will merge the next day. Hmmmm...delayed merge?

I hear that our own li'l Bebekid is like the Spoiling Queen of the Universe now. How cool is that? ~ SherpaDave

Posted by Devious Weasel on 10-31-03 at 01:37 PM
The Web preview vid caps make it pretty clear that the next competition is for tribal immunity, not individual immunity. So yes, delayed merge.

"Thanks, Dweezil and Webby!"
Posted by bebekid on 10-31-03 at 01:46 PM
I haven't seen the web promo yet, though I plan to shortly.

So the "wedding" is, in fact, NOT the merge as some had speculated? I still think it has something to do with a reward.

I hear that our own li'l Bebekid is like the Spoiling Queen of the Universe now. How cool is that? ~ SherpaDave

Posted by SurvivorBlows on 10-31-03 at 01:40 PM
>Just so I'm clear...The outcasts vote on which 2 will return,
>and then those 2 draw buffs to determine which tribe
>they will join?

Yes.

>Do they draw merge buffs?

No, they draw Drake and Morgan buffs -- one goes to Morgan, the other Drake

-SB

Posted by Spanky68 on 10-31-03 at 01:41 PM
They must not merge right away, b/c the vidcaps from the underwater IC show Morgan and Drake mats. And why merge now, before the newly-returned ghosties get to bond individually with their new tribe-mates?

My guess is that if they really DO draw buffs from an urn to determine tribal placement, MB has a vertically-challenged staffer under the table to hand Burton a Morgan buff and Lil a Drake buff. That way it looks like they really got them randomly, when it would serve his purposes to have it this way.

Posted by missygirl3 on 11-01-03 at 12:18 PM
Lil does not deserve to be back in the game. Does anyone else agree? I feel sorry for her cub troop.

Posted by Mon Cherie on 11-01-03 at 11:52 AM
Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but what if the Ghosties vote in 2 people that were from the same tribe? This might explain the need to draw buffs. Just a thought.

Another Fantabulous IceCat Creation
"What the hell, go and put all your eggs in one basket."

Posted by volsfan on 11-01-03 at 12:27 PM
I think they should not put the voted back in people on the same tribe they were on to begin with.

If they do draw from an urn, I still say Burton goes to Drake and bonds with them. I think this also gives us an insight to some of the spoilers having more Morgans deep in the game than Drake. I think Burton gets his revenge and helps Morgan as a whole.

This may not go here but in another thread but I am sort of buying into Andrew being the bearded man that makes the final three!