URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID33
Thread Number: 433
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Microsoft Word 2003"

Posted by mrc on 05-04-10 at 03:17 PM
I'm trying to replace straight quotes with curly quotes in Microsoft Word 2003, but it isn't working. I've tried the Autoformat menu (check the box to replace smart/straight quotes), but no luck. I've tried checking and unchecking the box, then replacing the quotes using "Find/replace." No luck. Microsoft online support doesn't show any problem like this.

Any ideas?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Microsoft Word 2003"
Posted by Snidget on 05-04-10 at 03:39 PM
I have 2004.

Did you check both the autoformat and the autoformat as you type tabs?

To turn the "smart quotes" off as I typed I had to do it in both places. Doing it just in autoformat didn't seem to make them go away. (and they came back)

If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity. - Bill Vaughan

Posted by mrc on 05-04-10 at 05:00 PM
Snidge, you have now entered the pantheon of Boo, Zombs, MM, Monsty, Slicey, Nutzy, and Coco (What can I say? It's a big pantheon) of my fave posters. That did it!

A Slice of Manga

Posted by Snidget on 05-04-10 at 05:19 PM
wOOt!

If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity. - Bill Vaughan