URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 4327
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Rate the twist"

Posted by Acawap on 10-31-03 at 12:06 PM
Now that we've seen the twist, what do we think about it? MP said we'd either love it or hate it, and that's certainly true.

Personally, I HATE it, and here's why;
1 Not only do people voted out get to come back, they get to come back deep in the game, and are immune from being voted out for effectively 2 TCs, pretty much meaning they are now in the jury, while people voted off the next 2 weeks get nothing.
2 I watched them come out of the woods and couldn't help noticing how clean and refreshed they looked. It actually looked like they had showered and eaten. Don't care what they say about 'minimal rations' -- they ate more than Morgan did, without having to scavenge for it.
3 There were two HUGE advantages for the 'Outcasts' -- they were removed from the stress of gameplay, probably got good nights' sleep every night, no worries about back-stabbing, etc, AND they knew they were going to compete, where Drake and Morgan didn't. What a huge psychological advantage... it's like a boxing match where the champion doesn't know who the challenger is so can't prepare.

If they were going to do this twist, IMO, they should've at LEAST given the 'Outcasts' a handicap. Maybe they could've made Osten their anchor -- that's enough of a handicap to make anyone lose. (random tangent -- Osten was out there for 19 days and couldn't grow a hint of a beard?? I think he really DOESN'T have testicles!!)

My opinion is it ruined the best Survivor ever, but I could be proven wrong, who knows? I'm curious to hear opposing points of view.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Rate the twist"
Posted by ExInterper on 10-31-03 at 12:12 PM
I'm reserving judgment on whether or not it "ruined" the season, but I really dislike this too...even more than the purple rock.

Yeah, it shakes up tribal dynamics and could really cause some interesting end game stuff, but if you lose, and your torch gets snuffed, you're done. Period. End of story. You tried, and you failed. Too bad.

And I'm getting more and more supportive of the idea that MB will use this for All-Stars too, since apparently all the All-Stars started filiming this week, just in time to miss the twist so they won't expect it to come. Now if it ruins All-Star....

"RE: Rate the twist"
Posted by SurvivorBlows on 10-31-03 at 12:13 PM
This isn't a spoiler... locking