URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID20
Thread Number: 4326
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"April 27/2017"

Posted by Earl Colby Pottinger on 04-27-17 at 10:25 PM
I really liked the night restaurant.

Once again The Amazing Race has shown me a side of a country that I would never had known about.

The race is still educating me.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: April 27/2017"
Posted by Earl Colby Pottinger on 04-27-17 at 11:03 PM
I liked all parts of this race except for the u-turns.

I HATE U-TURNS, and REALLY HATE DOUBLE U-TURNS.

Posted by featherfish on 05-01-17 at 10:31 PM
I agree. This game should be about how well you can do, not how well you can sabotage other teams. And it's really sabotage, we've rarely seen someone come back from a U-turn.

Posted by MCPorche on 05-03-17 at 02:53 PM
Yeah..I know what you mean.

The U-turn needs to be seriously revamped.

What I'd love to see is something that I saw suggested a few years back.

Have the Double U-Turn board designed with a touch screen. When the team gets there, they touch their picture, and it shows them whether or not they were u-turned. Then, they are given the option of u-turning another team. They get no other indication.

If the team they choose to U-turn is in front of them, the U-turn doesn't count, but the team is unaware of that.

That removes the ability of teams to conspire like they did this episode. A team will not know if the team ahead of them actually did U-turn someone like they were supposed to do, and they wouldn't be able to U-turn that team ahead of them to burn the U-turn.

Posted by coldbrewer on 05-02-17 at 10:59 PM
I have a trip planned to Milan in September, but it's only for a night and a day. Hmmm...that moving night restaurant sounds interesting. After that visit to Lake Como, I now want to extend my visit to Milan for an extra day.

Posted by kingfish on 05-03-17 at 08:06 AM
Northern Italy is worth exploring for a month or two.

Posted by Earl Colby Pottinger on 05-05-17 at 02:11 PM
I agree. I have no plans to go to Italy, but if for some reason I do go that moving restaurant is on the top of my list.

What I really like is that you got to see the sights without the crowds.

Does not hurt to have great meals to boot.