URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID75
Thread Number: 432
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Celebrity Apprentice - Finale Eat Cost Spoiler Thread"

Posted by glazem1 on 05-10-09 at 09:17 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-10-09 AT 09:44 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-10-09 AT 09:17 PM (EST)

Well, since no one onthe East Caost started the thread yet and since I'm an impatient West Coaster, I thought I'd go ahead and at least start it. Please keep all discussion here until the show ends on the West Coast.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Celebrity Apprentice - Finale Eat Cost Spoiler Thread"
Posted by Puffy on 05-10-09 at 10:06 PM
I came looking for an East Coast Spoiler Thread, too. Not finding one, I checked out tvclubhouse.com for the show details and the winner.

Compliments of the Agmeister

Posted by glazem1 on 05-10-09 at 10:24 PM
Thanks Puffy! I just looked myself. Although they con't provide the "blow-by-blow" that's fine with me. I'm glad with who won.

Posted by AyaK on 05-11-09 at 02:50 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-11-09 AT 02:52 AM (EST)

I don't think that anyone wanted to post that Joan Rivers won because most of us can't stand her.

The final broadcast was one of the most excruciatingly slow ever for this show. Joan and Annie Duke had to do one last task of product placement: create a pre-theatre party and silent auction sponsored by the rapidly-failing Kodak for a Cirque du Soleil production (as if the world doesn't already have enough Cirque du Soleil productions). The project teams brought back 6 of the unmissed DAWs such as Joan's putz daughter Melissa and Dennis the Menace Rodman to help.

Joan's unprofessional behavior caused the design team that was hired to assist both groups to quit completely. Joan's party looked shabby and raised only 25% of the money of Annie's. Kodak praised Annie's use of the photos. Meanwhile, Joan relentlessly self-promoted and attacked. Reminding us that Donald Trump would probably be a ditch-digger if he hadn't been born with a silver spoon in his mouth, Trump nevertheless selected Joan as the winner, so that he could boast about having a big-name winner of his pathetic little show.

Really, all that can be said in Joan's behalf is that (1) she is nastier than Annie and (2) she is a bigger name than Annie. Even her jewelry is ugly. As far as business sense, the woman has none whatsoever. But she still won, revealing the show for the joke that many have contended it was since the first season.

Posted by Estee on 05-11-09 at 06:34 AM
Joan's party looked shabby and raised only 25% of the money of Annie's.

And there's the fatal part. If Joan had alienated everyone she worked with, taken horrible pictures, thrown half the bidders out of the auction because she felt they were white trash -- and still beaten Annie's total by a healthy percentage, Donald would have a defense. 'Sure, she's a horrible excuse for what no longer remotely resembles a human being, but at least she can raise money -- and that's the name of the game!' Instead, Annie overcame the handicap Joan created and trounced her opponent on a laugher level -- only to have the punchline win.

I didn't watch this last night. The Race was more important -- and long before the credits rolled, my travesty sense was going off. If I want to see Celebrities Behaving Badly, I'll watch VH1. This show has to at least pretend to care about business skills. Last night, they lost the final shreds of that tattered cover-up. I don't care to look at what's been revealed.

Posted by Snidget on 05-11-09 at 08:20 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-11-09 AT 08:52 AM (EST)

I knew she had won when they showed the what the charity means to me clips.

Most blatant attempt at a redemption edit I think in the history of reality TV.

I agree with Clint, the editors need to be fired. Some of the most plodding, heavy handed, excruciating multi-hour-long episodes on TV. I mean they make the VH1 editing crew look like geniuses.

I wish Annie all the best. I love that Brande and her friends now use Melissa's invectives as a term of endearment with each other.

Who knew all you needed to win was make it to 75 years old and be able to stay awake. I guess all that venom is a stimulant.

Urrrgggggh!

ETA: Why did I look up Joan River's Twitter. Gee, Annie hates you, wonder why http://twitter.com/JoanRivers___

Posted by Loree on 05-11-09 at 09:18 AM
I'm surprised Donald had Trace back and asked his opinion. Doesn't he realize he had a DUI at one time? Khloe was banished from the show for the same thing. Yet Trace is paraded out and complimented. Donald the Sexist strikes again.

Posted by realitytvfan07 on 05-11-09 at 09:55 AM
Well I guess I am in the minority but I'm glad Joan won. I couldn't stand Annie. And as far as she and Brande being friends that remains to be seen. Because if I were Brande I wouldn't want to be bothered with Annie.

In the episode before the finale Trump asked Annie who she wanted to go up against in the finale. Instead of saying Brande Annie said Joan. Annie chose Joan because she knew she could beat Joan at fundraising and she didn't say Brande because she didn't think she could beat Brande. Plus she knew she would be able to use Brande's contacts one more time to help her win only this time around it didn't help her.

I'm glad Joan won. Trump made the right decision.

Posted by AyaK on 05-11-09 at 11:24 AM
In what way didn't it help? Annie totally won at every element of the contest, including fundraising. The only thing she couldn't do was be Donald's new BFF, and that seemed to be his real criterion.

Honestly, Joan's behavior during the finale was so outrageous that I would have thought that she would have no defenders. Particularly outrageous were her outright lies about what happened with the designer. The fact that Trump let her lie shows that he's merely old and incompetent.

He and Joan deserve each other. But Mark Burnett needs to apologize for this POS.

Posted by Snidget on 05-11-09 at 12:02 PM
Agree.

It felt like to me it was much more about who he wants to get to come do an episode or two of season three rather than who actually got down to business.

I guess as long as you say something 10X worse than is ever said about you in the most public place most likely to get put on a TV show but it is "to someone's face" (meaning shouted over them while they are answering a question they were asked) that is what honor is.

I'd rather work for Annie who at least has the ability to be civil rather than someone who only wants to shout other people down. Being louder than everyone else isn't my idea of leadership.

Can someone explain to me how Trump stays in business? Because I just don't get it based on his TV shows.

Posted by EmeraldBrooch on 05-12-09 at 08:53 AM
I think Joan should meet our Survivor favorite, Coach Ben Wade.

"Great idea!"
Posted by AyaK on 05-12-09 at 03:16 PM
We could subtitle it:

"Which is more delusional?"

"RE: Great idea!"
Posted by Estee on 05-12-09 at 07:31 PM
Imagine Benji in next season's cast. He'd come in with a black book that weighed in at three hundred pounds. And there wouldn't be a single name in it.

Posted by Snidget on 05-12-09 at 07:43 PM
Surely all those Hollywood stars that used bits of his life in their movies will come to CA and shill for him and donate big!

Posted by williamhoke on 07-30-22 at 01:36 PM
For all those people who occasionally miss out on the latest news of restocking their favorite products, Allaboutrestock has got your back.

AllaboutRestock is established for this purpose and we aim to help each individual through our Informative blog. Whether they are fashion collections, Decoration stuff, Gaming products, decoration stuff, or any other thing, you will manage to get all the restocking information about it learn more here

Posted by Agman2 on 04-15-15 at 07:38 PM
Aw shucks, you spoiled it for everyone.