URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 4319
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Shawn and Osten were both on the Early Show"

Posted by blacknwhitedog on 10-31-03 at 09:19 AM
Shawn said he should have punched Jon out when he had the chance. His biggest regret was being to friendly with only Burton at the beginning.

Osten was wearing a dark trenchcoat (like he was in disguise or something LOL). He admitted that he acted like a little girl!

Anyone see the rest of this? Did they take questions from callers? I didn't see that part.

Another quality Ice Cat creation 2003

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Shawn and Osten were both on the Early Show"
Posted by Drive My Car on 10-31-03 at 09:30 AM
Still waiting for the second half of the interview here. They did a segment on classic CBS shows on DVD and then went to my local news. I hope they come back to Survivor before I have to get ready for work.

I hate the stoopid Early Show. Jerking me around because they know I am only watching for Survivor and then turning back to Matt and Katie.

Posted by mistofleas on 10-31-03 at 09:36 AM
They teased and teased and teased me with "next up on the Early Show..." and "...in this hour, Shawn and Osten, in the most dramatic Survivor yet..." and then gave me nothing because I had to leave for work.

Stoopids.

--commiserates with buggy and BWD

Posted by blacknwhitedog on 10-31-03 at 09:36 AM
I hate the stoopid Early Show. Jerking me around because they know I am only watching for Survivor and then turning back to Matt and Katie.

hee, hee me too!

What is up with the CBS website this morning? Is it just me or is it all funky today?

And one more comment that probably means nothing- but-
is Jon's name "Jon" or "John"? One the CBS site where they list the Survivors its "Jon". But every time I read a story from the Early Show it's "John". Also in several of the chat transripts it's "John". It just bugs me. There's our big lie, huh. My name's not Jon it's John.

Another quality Ice Cat creation 2003

Posted by Oscirus on 10-31-03 at 09:46 AM
they asked sean if he regretted throwing the challenge and he said that he didnt throw anything which did seem true

then they mistaked shawn for Osten and asked why we would he come on an island if he couldn't swim . Osten said that he could swim but he ran out oof gas at that point bla bla bla
insert lame excuse here

Posted by realityluver on 10-31-03 at 09:51 AM
Osten basically admitted that he wasn't cut out for this game. He said he acted like a 2 yr old girl. He was there for the money, and only the money. He realized he couldn't win, and his health was more important to him than anything else so he decided it was time for him to go. He said Jeff was really mad at him. Sounds like he has no regrets, (and he looked like he had no regrets).

"Nothing comes between me and my TV!!!"

Posted by Brownroach on 10-31-03 at 11:05 AM
LAST EDITED ON 10-31-03 AT 11:05 AM (EST)

The phone call segment was like a half-hour later, they only took two calls I think. The first person asked Shawn if he regretted that they threw the checkerboard challenge; Shawn pointed out that he did his best in the challenge and said he hadn't been into the idea of throwing it.

The second person said her question was for Shawn: why would he apply for Survivor when he couldn't swim? Well, they quickly realized she meant Osten, and Osten just said I can swim, I just can't swim well, blah-blah.

And, yeah, Osten doesn't regret what he did, and doesn't seem like he's going to regret it any more in the future. So much for J Pro's take on the situation.

Posted by jkokoj on 10-31-03 at 11:09 AM
And, yeah, Osten doesn't regret what he did, and doesn't seem like he's going to regret it any more in the future. So much for J Pro's take on the situation. That is why I only take JP's quotes with a grain of salt. He exaggerates and states what he believes the public's perseption of the situation will be. I also think the Big Lie is a big nothing.

"Osten's scar?"
Posted by djandy on 10-31-03 at 11:18 AM
When Osten looked to his left, on the right side of his neck it looked like he had a scar running across his neck parallel to his chin. It could have just been a fold line in his neck, but it looked weird. Did anybody else notice this and could tell what it was?

djandy

Posted by true on 10-31-03 at 11:32 AM
LAST EDITED ON 10-31-03 AT 11:37 AM (EST)

At the end of the first segment, I swear I heard Osten say that Jiffy was a coward. Anybody else hear that? It was in his response to Harry's question about Jiffy being upset with Osten for quitting.

As for spoiler stuff, Shawn made particular mention of Sandra in one of his answers. I think it had to do with why Shawn voted with Rupert last week instead of Trish. I'm not sure it means anything, I'll have to look again at the transcript of the segment.

Edited to add Shawn's quote, and link to article.

“Sandra is one of those people, I don’t know if you’ve seen her yet, she’ll go where everyone else wants her to go when it comes to the vote.”

They didn't include Osten's coward comment. LOL.

Here's the link- http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/10/30/earlyshow/series/survivor/main581025.shtml

"confirmation"
Posted by I_AM_HE on 10-31-03 at 03:08 PM
he definitely DID call Jiffy a coward

"RE: confirmation"
Posted by JohnMc on 10-31-03 at 03:57 PM
Why did he call JP a coward???

Posted by ImNext on 10-31-03 at 05:09 PM
Maybe Osten was hoping Jeff would wanna arm wrestle him before kicking his lazy ass off the island. Hee, Happy Halloween everybody!

Posted by love2smile on 10-31-03 at 05:10 PM
LOL!!!! The sissy who is afraid of a PELICAN is calling JEFF a coward.....unreal.

OSTEN.....the official pantywaste!