URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID1
Thread Number: 4303
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Survivor France Contestant DIES..."

Posted by Flowerpower on 03-27-13 at 10:06 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-27-13 AT 10:08 AM (EST)

All of us in these forums love the show Survivor.

But, things have got to change when it comes time to screen for contestants. Here is an article regarding a recent death of one of the contestants in Survivor: France, located here.

Clearly, this man looks younger, but must have had some clues to his poor cardiovascular health, albeit in his history, or with some kind of failed stress test. I just think that the screening is really doing poorly lately and things need to change.

Look at Brandon. He is and always has been mentally ill, or at least has some kind of mental health issues and pathology. Shame on the producers that want him to illicit full blown breakdowns in him, to get "good tv". When is enough, enough? I personally don't want to see the outliers on the sanity scale on my tv.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Survivor France Contestant DIES..."
Posted by Round Robin on 03-27-13 at 10:33 AM
A guy that age has probably never had a stress test or any major heart testing. Unless he's had prior heart symptoms, it's entirely normal that this not be caught. Can't fault the screening here.

Posted by kingfish on 03-27-13 at 10:50 PM
If only we could use the "Kill Someone on Survivor" ploy for good instead of evil

(Thinking a Hantz eradication here).

Posted by michel on 04-07-13 at 05:29 PM
I've watched a couple of seasons of Koh-Lanta and it is much more difficult physically than Survivor. They have many treks in the jungle for one thing and we saw how that took its toll in Guatemala.

The first season I saw had a Palau-like twist except the first 2 eliminated weren't last picks, they were the last man and the last man to finish a grueling race over an obstacle course in the jungle.

Also, the F4 challenge is a game of orientation where they are each given a compass and told to find 1 of three statues hidden somewhere in the woods. No TC, the 4th place finisher is eliminated directly. The last season I watched, it took over 3 hours to find the last statue.

Then they have the "posts": Their traditional final 3 endurance challenge is just like the one we had Cook Islands. No house of cards or lilly pads there.