URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID33
Thread Number: 428
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"MAJOR pop-ups!"

Posted by SilverStar on 08-20-09 at 10:04 PM
The past 2 days or so I have been getting a lot more pop-ups from this site than usual. Several times today they have compeletely taken over the page I'm viewing and a different ad comes up every few seconds, making it impossible to get back to the forum. The ad that is showing up the most is something called Insweb.

Just wanted to let the mods know. Is anyone else having this problem?

Domo arigato, Ms. Slicey!
-For all you HIMYM fans, yes I did salute to Major Pop-Up. *grin*

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: MAJOR pop-ups!"
Posted by dabo on 08-21-09 at 00:31 AM
The newer ads I've been getting are full page and, yes, a bit more annoying than usual. Insweb, insurance web, seems to have a big push on now because of the cash for clunkers program, so perhaps that will settle down a bit next week after the program concludes.

I have not had the problem you describe about getting back to the forums, you may need to update your spyware/adware protections.

Posted by Snidget on 08-21-09 at 09:11 AM
Check the pop up settings in your browser as well. I usually run with all ads turned off (sorry Webby) in Firefox with Adblock Plus turned on. That sometimes kills these things.

But I agree if you are getting a blizzard of pop-ups and you can't get back to the original site update your spyware and virus programs and run a full scan with each.

Posted by kingfish on 09-14-09 at 03:55 PM
Lately I've been getting secondr popup when I try to turn off a popup asking if I really want to turn first one off. But when I say I really do want to turn it off, it does close. Minor inconvenience.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 09-20-09 at 08:37 PM
Yeah I've been getting that one for a couple weeks now at least, and it's a major pain in the azz. When I click on the red X at the top right, it gives me the same second pop-up - but I prefer that over clicking on the do i really want to turn it off one as that's probably spyware, clicking on it would send a message of some sort to the peeps that set up this ad in the first place.

Posted by foonermints on 02-06-10 at 04:21 PM
I've been getting garbage from sites like "undertone", doubling up the pop ads when I log in. I have no problem clicking on ads to help webby, but which? /major suck-up