URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID20
Thread Number: 4279
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"The surprising and sudden maturity of Rachel Reilly."

Posted by Estee on 03-17-14 at 08:22 AM
'What is a statement which has never been made on any reality show discussion site before this?'

I'm just happy the processor didn't explode.

But last night, the editing was trying to ram her change in behavior down our throats. Have a breakdown because she kept falling down while trying to jump? No, just stop and analyze the situation: pantyhose equals low friction, so let's go with the soles of your own feet. Start completely losing it two hours into the drink mixing branch of the Helltour? Well, she got upset because you know, two hours... but what we would normally anticipate as the Patent Established Rachel Collapse didn't manifest.

Luke wants out? Forget about gameplay by encouraging him to quit: take a moment to comfort him. No mutual quit: let's just both keep going. We're better than this. It was an action which could have cost them the Race -- and, if not for the NEL, would have done so right there.

The prayer? It wasn't 'oh my deity, forget about the truly desperate needs in the world and just help my husband pour drinks evenly.' Instead, we got 'we are lucky to be here and we acknowledge it.' Surprised?

Until the moment it breaks, this is a Shocker! (hi, Danielle!) of a behavior shift. And as far as editing goes...

...F3?

About the cocktail waitress not trying the drink pouring: I think it may have been height/wingspan issue. You had to comfortably hold all seven pour glasses and get them a certain distance over the landing points. The shorter were in trouble going in.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: The surprising and sudden maturity of Rachel Reilly."
Posted by kidflash212 on 03-17-14 at 12:20 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-18-14 AT 02:42 PM (EST)

Surprised me too. She appeared almost likable.

There seems to be a theme of redemption going on this season. Rachel and to some extent Leo & Jamal seem to have matured. And Luke didn't have the major breakdown we all know he is capable of at the mix master detour (only a minor one). John seems like less of a jerk this year. The only team that seems to be getting a worse edit than their original season are Caroline & Jessica - I was mostly indifferent to them before but they seem very self-centered this time around.

Tribe!

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 03-17-14 at 12:21 PM
Yeah and I was also impressed that she held it together reasonably well during the river rafting thing the previous episode where Brenchel spent half of the leg in the water trying to keep their raft from completely disintegrating.

This can't be the real Rachel Reilly, huh?

Posted by suzzee on 03-21-14 at 04:09 PM
I'm giving credit to Brenden.

I should be watched....closely.

Posted by newsomewayne on 03-24-14 at 08:48 AM
Well, the trend continues for another week.

But the previews make it look like she's due for a relapse.

School Spirit by Syren, 2005

Posted by kingfish on 03-27-14 at 03:26 PM
She still has that laugh.

It still induces a twitch.

Posted by ARnutz on 03-27-14 at 10:01 PM
She also has a frog face, which is enhanced by her wearing green!

Bulging eyeballs and protruding nose included. *ribbet*