URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID69
Thread Number: 427
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Paula Abdul ..if we forgave Clinton"

Posted by oncemore2 on 05-05-05 at 08:30 AM
I read somewhere on the web today something along the lines of:

"If we forgave Clinton, it is a given for Paula."

If the President of the United States is not held to a "higher" ^standard of behavior, what is there to forgive regarding Paula...if it is even true..which I doubt!

^Isn't "standard" respecting your mariage vows, not to mention your position?

Now, I feel better! ;>}

Ibi

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Paula Abdul ..if we forgave Clinton"
Posted by ohboy on 05-05-05 at 08:53 AM
Even if she didn't sleep with him , which I personally think she did, she still broke the rules by speaking to him, which we heard her on his voicemail, and also they showed phone records with over 2 hour conversations. I don't think Paula needs to be forgiven good for her. She did however break her contract with Fox . So hopefully the little kiss and teller Corey Clark was worth it, as she might lose her job over him.

The show was good I can't wait to hear what Paula's reaction is going to be . I imagine it would go something like this... "He needed a friend there was nothing sexual or anything about how to get ahead on the show'' the sexual part and how to get ahead on the show will come out when Paula writes her tell all book.

Posted by aquariaqueen on 05-05-05 at 09:34 AM

>"If we forgave Clinton, it is
>a given for Paula."

Who said he was forgiven? And what does forgiveness have to do with it?

Posted by kahanasunset on 05-05-05 at 09:40 AM
*snort*

Like Clinton is the only one who needed/needs forgiving! And forgiveness is way beside the point.

Posted by singmeasong on 05-05-05 at 10:33 AM
>
>
>>"If we forgave Clinton, it is
>>a given for Paula."
>
>
>Who said he was forgiven?
>And what does forgiveness have
>to do with it?

"Amen"

"Not Guilty"
Posted by PagongRatEater on 05-05-05 at 09:39 AM
Personally, I just don't believe this guy. Not that I think Paula WOULDN'T do it, but this guy is not coming across as very believable. He's coming across as a real opportunist who wants to sell some books.

Anyhow, wasn't he just on the show for the first week or two before the allegations came out? And what is wrong with making song choice or performance suggestions anyhow?

That being said, I'd love to see Paula gone. She lacks any objectivity or interesting commentary and shouts down Simon every time he opens his mouth.

"RE: Not Guilty"
Posted by DonnaLynn on 05-05-05 at 09:47 AM
I am an avid watcher of the TV Court room shows and one thing you learn is how to spot when someone is lying. Judge Judy makes people look at her when they are testifying and whenever their eyes stray, she interupts them and makes them look at her.

Did anyone notice that every time Corey was asked a question that his eyes drifted downward? He never looked John directly in the eyes.

Also, how many times did they play the snippet of his song? It sounded like nothing more than a way to sell records.

I didn't start watching AI until the last weeks of that season because a friend of mine told me I'd love Clay. After watching I became hooked. So I didn't know anything about this Idol wannabe and had no pre-concieved idea about him, however I really didn't believe him. And how in the world did his mom not know that he wrote that song about Paula and that was the first time she was seeing the lyrics? PUHLEAZE!

I don't think Paula is an angel here, but I think it's all a little bit too much of a coinky-dink... He comes out with all this when his book and CD are coming out and he knows the buzz will generate sales... I think he's a sleaze...

--Donna :~)

Posted by tarmaq on 05-05-05 at 10:20 AM
SNIP

I am an avid watcher of the TV Court room shows and one thing you learn is how to spot when someone is lying. Judge Judy makes people look at her when they are testifying and whenever their eyes stray, she interupts them and makes them look at her.
Did anyone notice that every time Corey was asked a question that his eyes drifted downward? He never looked John directly in the eyes.

Also, how many times did they play the snippet of his song? It sounded like nothing more than a way to sell records.

SNIP

I noticed that too, Donna Lynn. Like when he was asked "Did you have sex with Paula?" ... eyes shifted down and to the right... then back up before saying, "Yes." It looked very shifty.

Whether his allegations are true or not, he comes across as a money-grubbing opportunist. "I had to get this straight for me." Puh-leeeeeze. It was a big commercial. And the song that dances through my mind when I reflect back on the show is not "Paulatics" but "Cold-hearted Snake."

Posted by ohboy on 05-05-05 at 09:51 AM
I think the whole point is that - they are not supposed to have any contact with the contestants. And the point is if they are giving that advice to one contestant why not them all. Paula knows Randy and Simon and she knows that they will like this type of song. This gives him an advantage over the other contestants. And it's not just song choices she had hours of conversations with this guy.

Believable ? Did they have an affair I think probably. An opportunist? You know it, this guy saved his phone records and a voice mail message for two years. I think he was planning this all along doesn't mean it didn't happen. His motives are not the point. What really is this guy gets his publicity for his book and album and Paula could end up being fired over it. I think he is scum - but she got herself into this mess.

I am just eager to see what she comes out with as a response, and she flat out denied everything before, and she can no longer do that. There is proof she had contact with this guy. But my guess is she will still deny the affair and that she gave him advice she was just counseling him on his carreer.

Posted by PagongRatEater on 05-05-05 at 09:57 AM
IS it against the rules to give contestants tips or make suggestions? I know the show has lots of consultants - music, image, wardrobe, etc. - that they make available to the contestants, and that the judges watch rehearsals. It doesn't seem unreasonable to me that help from the judges would be allowed - especially since the judges don't control who moves on in the competition.

Of course, if it IS against the rules then she has definitely violated those rules.

Either way she should go because she is just a lousy judge and not terribly interesting. I wonder who they will replace her with.

Posted by aquariaqueen on 05-05-05 at 09:57 AM
No doubt in my mind that something against the rules happened.

I also believe that he was taking advantage of a situation and hoping he could use it to his advantage later. 2 years of records, sounds like a set up. Hope it flops.

Paula, on the other hand, should know better.

"RE: Not Guilty ITS TRUE"
Posted by gimme a cake on 05-05-05 at 11:03 AM
i totally believe this kid
this is hollywood folks
theres phone records his parents seemed very creddible and sincerits wrong they let that load scott with his violence record stay and booted Corey
I saw its all true from the jucuzzi to the phone the clothes shopping. And he s smart to save the recipts and mesages and Im glad too
blow the roof of this american idol machine like its some squeaky clean thing
anyone evvery watch MTV real world or even surviour or big brother ect
put a bunch of people together especially young kids in a new world ..with alot of attention glamour no doubt drinking if there of age or not!...what parties they must of had theres time Im sure
if your young theres always time to party and screw around
I always wondered whos doing who
and I always felt that Paula was very flirty with some of the guys and Ive not doubt she banged Corey and maybe justin g
Corys mad becaseu she made a promise to back him be on his side she didnt pressure the producers to keep cory on dispite his record
maybe its because of the afair he was really let go or really thrown off
I know people well too and I can spot a liar
hes not lying and why not use this stuff for publisity so what thats the name of this game and scandle sells people love it
he looks like the victum here anyway and he is He is a young hopeful kid and she was the wolf.
Its also the begging of Paulas public breakdown from the drugs to her weird diease she says she has the past bulima failed realationships the dead spot in her carear after being so called HOT for a while and well know, the traffic accident the pills
its like shes the well behaved version of Courtney Love without the coolness
Paula should just say yeh i did yes I am and then just move on
big ##### deal yeah Im crazy I took alot of pills Im horny for fresh young meat I miss attention that i used to get
Im kookie
ANIT I FUN?
so who banged Clay..heard it was the make up guy that now works EXCULSIVLEY for him
he s totally gay he should come out and stop the bull s
hes NEVER been seen with a chick
please in his place any normal straight guy would be at the playboy mansion and dating alot of models ect
but you hear nothing
why hes gay even Simon said when asked if he thought hes gay he laughed and said yes i believe so most definetly
COreys book will be a hit and people will dig him Im not into his music but I think he has appeal sorta looks like tommy lee and snoop dog combined
I think he was used like a boy toy and thrown away and well girls you all can relate
so give him his right
hope he makes millions
good for him
Paula better keep her girl cok in her panties or fess up

"RE: Not Guilty ITS TRUE"
Posted by kahanasunset on 05-05-05 at 11:16 AM
Just saw Corey and the parents on Good Morning America. I felt the parents and Corey are credible. It's not just about evidence and body language, it's about the gut-level "reasonable doubt" issue. For me, there is no reasonable doubt. I believe him.

They showed a brief clip from behind the judges of Corey hugging Paula, and Randy's raising his hand/arm as if in protest. Watch and see. He knew sumthin' was goin' on.

As gimmeacake said, this is Hollywood. I grew up near there and So. Cal. is unfortunately in my blood (sigh), though I live far away from there now (thankfully). This kind of stuff is the norm rather than the exception. The fact that Paula didn't get away with it is something she's probably sweatin' and fumin' about.

Now I'm sayin' Cher, since Paula has hinted at leaving after this season anyway.

"You Have Got To Be Kidding"
Posted by Former CBSer on 05-06-05 at 04:31 PM
This guy came off as a jerk. I don't know who dressed him for the interview but the ##### hat on backwards and the corn rows made him look like a gang banger. He would never have been an american idol with that attitude. Maybe he did bang Paula. So what. Men and women do those things. He is out for the buck period. A complete opportunist.

Just my two cents worth.

Posted by lrlr1 on 05-05-05 at 10:38 AM
If the sleezy scumbag's allegations are true, then the other allegation bandied about on this board is true: Paula IS on drugs!

Posted by pollardsvision on 05-05-05 at 11:12 AM
I watched the interview last night and I think the guy is an oppurtunist and a scumbag for being a kiss and tell...

That being said, I do believe him. The phone records,the voicemails...The fact that she obviously helped him is what she will have to deal with. It can be proven that she did that and she will probably lose her job.

As for the sexual relations, she doesnt have to admit anything b/c there is no proof of that. It is simply he said/she said...We will find out if she did or didnt and it will be easy...Here is why.

If he did not have sex with her then he is the biggest idiot in the world. After last night her lawyers will have slander suits filed against him and if mentioned in his book there will be libel suits as well...If this happens, then he will lose any and all money he makes off his book and CD...OTOH, if he is telling the truth you will see no such lawsuits filed b/c Paula knows she could never prove he was lying.

My personal feeling is that he did...He knows she has money and lawyers and if he is lying then he must no there would be consequences...

Example, A couple months ago Jose Canseco outed several former teamates for using steroids. They all denied it and called him a liar. Some even said they were going to file libel suits...To this date...NOT ONE LAWSUIT HAS BEEN FILED AGAINST HIM!

Posted by aquariaqueen on 05-05-05 at 11:15 AM
Point well taken.

"RE: Paula, SHE BANGED! o baby"
Posted by gimme a cake on 05-05-05 at 11:24 AM
she so did bang COrey hes totally believable
and she might of also been with Justin
this is holly wood
shes an older woman looking to prove to her self shes still hot and has power
she should fess up
who cares
shes only helping COrey get attention and sympathy
she used him didnt back hi mwhen they tossed hi moff yet they kept that VILE SCOTT the wife beater and a few other things hes been arested for.. violence.
what a votefortheworst joke that was
We voted over 300 times 4 that pig
by the way the yanked that sight off it was gettting so many hits a day after it got to be more publicly known

no paula you dirty girl you banged him you dumped him and cut him off
how long till Justin WHO? speaks up
good for corey hope he makes millions now

Posted by ginger on 05-05-05 at 11:36 AM
Corey is definitely an opportunistic slimey guy exploiting this story to publicize his cd and possible book. However, I think he's telling the truth. The phone records (even if he calls her, those were 1.5 hour conversations they were having), the phone salesman's verification of the second phone, what his friends said, what we saw with our own eyes, his parents' comments, all seemed credible evidence to me.

So. He's sleezy and she has bad taste in younger guys. I couldn't care less. EXCEPT, whether they had more sex than Xavieria Hollander or the chastest of romantic mind melds, I also think he's telling the truth about the song choice/hair/clothes/styling coaching. And that ain't kosher. I think Paula should be thinking about stepping off.

Posted by Flairmarq on 05-05-05 at 12:18 PM
I believe in the facts that Paula helped him, but the sex part I think is made up to sell more albums and books. There is just too much evidence there in the phone records to say she wasn't involved somehow. But the sex part can't be collaberated. The friends for all we know thoygh they were, when Paula was being a friend to him.

As for her actions, I don't condone it. She should have been isolated from the contestants, bottom line. No does this mean the people kicked out will have ammo for a lawsuit for "unfair compeition"?

"The Simon of the Wabash Valley"

Posted by ginger on 05-05-05 at 02:04 PM
I would bet you at least a nickel one of those rejected near-contenders is talking to their lawyer as we "speak."

Again, it's not the sex part that really bugs me. It's the specific, insider-knowledge coaching, by a judge.

Posted by Spidey on 05-05-05 at 02:22 PM
The only person who can complain is Robert Fortson (sp?) (#3 in the semis group Corey was in).

And, can you seriously see Fortson as lasting more than a week or 2 in the finals?

To prevail in court, Fortson would have to show Corey got special help, the help was a significant factor in Corey winning the finals spot and but-for the help, Fortson would have won the spot instead.

I agree it seems clear Corey got "special help" and that whether or not there was sex is irrelevant. And since Corey is a big fat loser who got thrown off the show, I think the WHOLE entire thing is completely ridiculous.

Not that I don't think Paula should go, I do. But it's because she svcks as a judge, not because of this.

Posted by ginger on 05-05-05 at 02:33 PM
He could prove reasonable doubt that his chances were as good as if Paula had not stepped beyond the bounds of her judgeship to groom a competitor candidate for one of a limited number of spots...

I think it doesn't matter that Corey was ultimately thrown off the show, or if we don't personally believe one the rejects would have gone far had he not taken "their" place; Corey's presence until his DQ meant the elimination of someone else.

Paula sucks as a judge, but I truly think it's because she gave specific insider knowledge of how to "work" the competition to a certain candidate that Paula should "retire."

I was prepared to completely dismiss this until I saw the story. After I took several showers, I realized I was convinced and felt this way about Paula's stepping down as a judge. Surprised me, too.

"As is often the case"
Posted by Loquatrix on 05-05-05 at 03:00 PM
I completely agree with Ginger.

This isn't just about Paula allegedly having a relationship with a contestant and what that will mean for the future of her employment with the production. (Though I think we can safely assume that fraternization with contestants is an issue that is covered in judges' contracts.)

This is also about all the ancillary issues that arise when a judge has a relationship with a contestant. Every time that contestant moves on to the next round, that means another competitor has not been given that opportunity. If Corey's upward motion can in ANY WAY be credited to Paula's interference, then failed competitors are going to be LINING UP to sue (and rightly so).

These failed competitors will very easily be able to argue that if it weren't for Paula's consistently favourable televised reviews of Corey's performances, he would never have got as far into the competition as he did, thereby unfairly depriving some other contestant of his or her chance to win the big prize. And even leaving aside Paula's televised reviews of his performances (after all, she is pretty much uniformly complimentary of everyone), we still have the additional issues of her cash being used to promote his chances in the competition, and her expert coaching being privately provided to him.

I don't see that there is any way on earth that ABC would have broadcast the interview if there is any chance the accusations are untrue, because to broadcast untrue statements is to say to Paula and Fox, "Here, come and take many millions of our dollars in settlement of our libelling you." If Corey's statements are untrue, he has clearly seriously libelled Paula -- he has directly caused her professional reputation serious damage -- as well as unjustifiably calling into question the fairness of the judging processes of a major international talent competition that makes millions of dollars for its owners. If Paula does not immediately sue Corey (and ABC) for libel, then we can assume his charges are true. And on that basis, I would expect to see disciplinary action against Paula, most likely in the form of her "resigning" from the show "so as not to tarnish the experience for the contestants" or some such, and lawsuits against the production from any number of failed contestants from that season.

Of course the official press release says Corey's statements are "lies". If they are indeed lies, Fox and Paula are preparing libel lawsuits even as I type. But I rather expect they are not.

"RE: As is often the case"
Posted by kahanasunset on 05-05-05 at 03:07 PM
Good points Loquatrix and I agree completely. This is a really terrible analogy but it's somewhat similar to a rape allegation. Corey would not put himself through all this and risk lawsuits, etc. if it weren't true. I don't agree he's a sleaze. He's very young, not well-spoken and he's from a working-class family, but he's not sleaze.

Posted by ginger on 05-05-05 at 04:44 PM
Oh, I think Corey would be happy to "put himself through" this even if it were not true. But I don't think ABC would've given him this platform had he not had a lot of pieces of evidence to present.

Posted by Spidey on 05-05-05 at 05:12 PM
If Corey's upward motion can in ANY WAY be credited to Paula's interference, then failed competitors are going to be LINING UP to sue (and rightly so).

These failed competitors will very easily be able to argue that if it weren't for Paula's consistently favourable televised reviews of Corey's performances, he would never have got as far into the competition as he did, thereby unfairly depriving some other contestant of his or her chance to win the big prize.

Sure they can argue it. But can they prove it by a preponderance of the evidence? (You don't need beyond reasonable doubt in civil cases, just preponderance- more likely than not)

Like I said, the only person who would have gotten Corey's spot in the finals is Patrick Fortsen, who someone mentioned (perhaps in a different thread?) was the #3 contestant the night Corey got into the finals. Anyone else who got fewer votes that night than Corey OR Patrick Fortsen would have a helluva time proven that if Corey wasn't specially coached, they would more than likely have gotten the 2nd spot.

Patrick might be able make his case, but it's not a slam dunk by any stretch. Corey is arguably better looking that Patrick, and they are both marginally talented. What's to say the audience wouldn't have picked Corey anyway?

A better argument would be that Corey should be automatically disqualified (due to "cheating") and Patrick awarded the spot. I guess he could in that case be entitled to whatever money the Top 12 or 10 or whatever it was received. I assume they got something each. But as far as "losing his shot at fame?" Seriously, can any of you remember most of AI2 finals contestants besides Clay, Ruben & Kim? I had completely wiped Corey from my mind until this whole thing came up.

All and still, despite the somewhat bad taste the whole issue has left in my mouth, I can't see there being a whole ton of legal recourse here.

Posted by CantStandToLook on 05-05-05 at 02:15 PM
I think the boy can't sing and so this story true or not was just brought up on the hopes that he'll get the media spotlight and make some money. Paula's an idiot but this kid is sleaze in my book.

Posted by ginger on 05-05-05 at 02:36 PM
Agreed heaze sleaze.

But she really fvcked up here.

Posted by ohboy on 05-05-05 at 03:14 PM
Obviously he wants attention. I am surprised Paula and her people have stayed quiet all day you know that there has to be some sort of a statement. I don't think anyone will sue. But I sure think that other contestants will start looking at thinking about what is going on.

I am sure that they will say something - I mean I would suppose they have until Tuesday . I doubt very much that they would let her go on the show without somehow addressing the situation you can't just leave it up in the air. But after calling the guy an outright liar this may be more difficult as we know she did some lying too. i wonder if Simon will make any cracks about it to her. I mean he supported her through this but now knowing she had some sort of a relationship with this guy. it woud be hallarious if he started to call her on it, on the show.

I digress. I think that she will make a statement denying a sexual relationship but admitting to a friendship and that he is trying to scam publicity out of this. So when does this statement come out > I am surprised if it's not out by the morning to hit the headlines.

Posted by kahanasunset on 05-05-05 at 03:30 PM
i wonder if Simon will make any cracks about it to her.

Not a chance. He'll leave it alone. He's not stoopid.

Posted by probably clueless on 05-06-05 at 04:37 AM
He's not stoopid.

But he's probably clueless.

So next year we have the 'news special', 'Simon bangs Carrie...cops find panties under hill.'

A Kittyloaf®Original and bounce by Icey

Posted by kahanasunset on 05-06-05 at 12:34 PM
LOL. Love your name, PC. Whaddaya wanna bet that Simon has the hots for Carrie as bad as Paula did for Corey? (oh, those 5-letter names starting with C...)

Posted by lrlr1 on 05-06-05 at 11:32 PM
>I read somewhere on the web
>today something along the lines
>of:
>
>"If we forgave Clinton, it is
>a given for Paula."
>
>If the President of the United
>States is not held to
>a "higher" ^standard of behavior,
>what is there to forgive
>regarding Paula...if it is even
>true..which I doubt!
>
>^Isn't "standard" respecting your mariage vows,
>not to mention your position?
>
>
>Now, I feel better! ;>}
>
>Ibi

Monica Lewinski was not an agent for a foreign government, registered or unregistered. Neither was she a special interests lobbyist. Paula was a judge in a contest in which Corey "the slime" Clark was a contestant. Apples and oranges here.

"Apparently Paula Has a distinguishing Characteristic"
Posted by ohboy on 05-11-05 at 04:42 PM
Well it's out Corey Clark is not going away anytime soon he swears that he can prove he was intimate with Paula because she has some sort of distinguishing characteristic that only someone who was intimate with her would know.

Now of course he is not releasing this information yet, as that would mean his fifteen minutes of fame would be up. Paula would fess up and the whole thing would go away. How long do you think he can drag this out for?

I think Paula should be the one to end it now . Just say what happened. For sure she slept with him (extremely bad taste) and say she did it, let it be known and put this boy in his place.
I mean really does sleeping with Paula Abdul make your album sell. Knowing he couldn't do it on his own and he needed her help to begin with. I think he is so trashy. i don't think this is going to help him. I think when he realizes that unless he just says what this "distinguishing characteristic " is noone is going to care anyway.