URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID20
Thread Number: 4261
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Utility value."

Posted by Estee on 10-21-13 at 04:42 PM
Which of these would you rather have?

1. An Express Pass that allowed you to skip any task once during the first eight legs.

2. A Get Off The Mat Free card which permitted the bearers to finish last once in the first five legs with no penalty.

3. A Switch token giving the team a chance to change Roadblock players in mid-task three times throughout the race -- and if it's still active on the last leg, swap away.

4. A Head Start for the holding team: once across the entire course on any leg but the last, they can move their Pit Stop departure time up by twenty minutes.

Pick one and only one.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Get me off that mat"
Posted by Starshine on 10-21-13 at 05:35 PM
The Get Off The Mat Free card would be the way for me to go.

If I had the Express Pass I would probably use it during the first five legs, and as for the other two swapping on remembering the race probably wouldn't be an huge advantage, and apart from the last leg it's not about winning, it's about not coming last.

Lovely cheese Mooney

Where are Voice of the Beehive when we need them?

"Get Off the Mat Free"
Posted by udg on 10-21-13 at 11:00 PM
That's all that matters.

Thanks to tribephyl for the sigpic!

"RE: Utility value."
Posted by Belle Book on 10-22-13 at 11:27 AM
Although all the choices have their advantages, I think the Get Off The Mat Free card would have the most value for me, so I'd go for that one. The most important thing in any leg (except the last one, of course) is not to finish last, after all!

Posted by IanQuentin on 10-22-13 at 02:48 PM
Easily, the Get Off The Mat Free card. The other choices are to help avoid the result I don't want (finishing last). The Get Off the Mat Free card ensures it once in the opening legs. Invaluable. Jessica and John wish they had that instead of the Express pass last race.

In order, my choices would be

Get Off The Mat Free
Switch Token (cause it can be used 3 times)
Express Pass
Head Start

Posted by featherfish81 on 10-25-13 at 11:34 AM
Tough choice - I think the Switch token would be pretty valuable, because often teams realize too late what the task is, and have already picked the player who would be worse at it.

The Get Off the Mat Free card would be my second choice, for the reasons mentioned above.

The Express Pass is okay, though I'd always be afraid I would use it right before I would have figured out the task.

The Head Start wouldn't be that valuable to me, because often there is some sort of bunch point early in the leg that would make that bonus worthless.

Posted by featherfish81 on 11-08-13 at 01:46 PM
Another reason I've been thinking about is that the switch token can be used multiple times, up through the last leg, whereas the Get Off the Mat Free can only be used once, and only early in the race.

Posted by PsychoKitty on 11-06-13 at 09:29 PM
Great ideas Estee!

I think the Get Off The Mat Free card is the most valuable. But I love the idea of the Switch token!

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Signature by tribephyl

Posted by Earl Colby Pottinger on 11-18-13 at 03:12 PM
Am I an evil person for suggesting that the winners of the first leg be given the choice of any of the above?

And they must make thier choice at the pit-stop, no time to think it out.