URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID45
Thread Number: 426
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"How great was obese Bart?"

Posted by bacon on 05-02-05 at 11:01 AM
If you caught the second episode of The Simpsons on sunday night than you saw Bart let himself go and get enormously fat. He looked so funny that way that I hope they don't make him skinny again. But I'm sure they will. That episode was literally laugh a minute.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: How great was obese Bart?"
Posted by Jims02 on 05-03-05 at 01:58 AM
Oh yeah. I was telling a couple of my friends how surprisingly fresh those two back-to-back episodes were. I think ever since Al Jean and Mike Reiss re-joined the writing staff the show has been up a notch in terms of entertainment.

It cracked me up to see that they started a "Beautiful Mind" parody in the middle of the Ray Romano episode, and then they complete turned around at the end. I loved Lisa's "that seems feasible" justification at the end of the episode.

Bart's obesity question was a great episode as well. I liked the commentary on corporate sponsors in schools. It was nice to see a show tackle this issue. The highlight of the episode was definitely the redo of the opening credits with obese Bart. I thought they would only do the first couple of scenes, but they really did a shot-by-shot parody.

I forgot that they didn't resolve Bart's obesity problem. He'll probably go back to his usual, husky size.

Jims02: Proud member of the inoffensive OT Triumvirate. Jims' Random Thoughts

"RE: How great was obese Bart?"
Posted by strid333 on 05-03-05 at 05:02 PM
I was laughing so hard during the "Opening sequence" part of the episode. Watching Bart crack the sidewalk and bend the lamp post over was hilarious.

Three is the perfect number.