URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID1
Thread Number: 4252
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"S25 Gufu Award Thread"

Posted by dabo on 09-20-12 at 00:23 AM
Finally, the Philippines, great location.

And we've got some classics back for one more go at it, Jonathan and Michael and the Swan, woo-hoo! So a classic gif to kick off the season, I always loved that 8ball.

Anyway, getting the book-keeping out of the way:

A-Hem..

The Gufu Award was established for pointing out the dangdumbest game moves in Survivor each week. The original intent was simply to pay attention to what the contestants do and say that's dangdumb gameness, but from the outset of The Gufu Award noncontestant production stuff had a way of creeping in, so there are actually two categories you may cast your votes on, Contestant and Production. Please keep them separate.

And first gufu of the season, might as well get it out of the way --

Production Gufu: Casting Department, they blow it every season somehow or another.

Let's have fun!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Week 1"
Posted by dabo on 09-20-12 at 00:26 AM
Contestant Gufu, Zane. Gosh, where to begin? Nice of you to throw yourself under the bus that way

Contestant Gufu, Blaire. Or Lisa, whatever. For a fan of Survivor who has never missed an episode, it is amazing that you aren't socializing!

"RE: Week 1"
Posted by Round Robin on 09-20-12 at 00:51 AM
Zane has got the contestant gufu all to himself this week. Performed putridly in the IC then threw the KO punch at his own skull by throwing himself under the bus. Nice way to start a new Survivor, by the most obvious commission of Survivor sewer pipe in many seasons.

"RE: S25 Gufu Award Thread"
Posted by SpotTheDiffference on 09-20-12 at 01:10 AM
Contestant Gufu #1: Zane, for very obvious reasons

Contestant Gufu #2: Russell, for implementing the exact same strategy that he labeled as stupid early on in the episode.

Production Gufu: For the weird aesthetic choices that were used throughout the episode like the Japanese arch that the contestants had to go through in the challenge and the TC set that, while Southeast Asian, was distinctively un-Filipino.

Posted by byoffer on 09-20-12 at 08:52 AM
Contestant Gufu#1 - Zane. Or should I say Inzane

I'll save my other three for the all-stars:

Contestant Gufu#2 - Penner. For a guy who has played before, and certainly seen the game, he should know better than to run around alone looking for the idol. Even if he finds it, he is putting a target on his back.

Contestant Gufu#3 - Russell. Bossiness aside, what's with the suit jacket? Did they really surprise you into dressing up before marooning you? Or is that really your choice of game attire? Personally I would do anything to get out of wearing a suit!

Contestant Gufu#4 - Skupin. Nicks and dings are normal part of being outside, but geez, dude, relax a bit or you will get yourself another med-evac. That cut on the foot looked extra bad and could really lead to problems.

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 09-21-12 at 06:51 PM
Gufu #1: Zane. Just hail the Quit Boat and get it over with if you're going to play like that.

Gufu #2: Russell. "I don't want to be the leader." "Here, do this." "Here, do that." "Here, I'll go...umm not look for the hidden idol while you guys go do camp stuff." "Here, I'll save you the trouble and write my own name on the ballot."

Gufu #3: Penner and Blair Warner. Survivor is a social game. How well did being the Wandering Jew work the first two times, wise guy? And as for you, Blair Warner, are you so worried about people discovering your true identity that you'll completely avoid talking to anyone?

Production: OK, we get it. Survivor's dangerous. Watch yourselves, guys, or you're going to get the NFL treatment, i.e. a big, fat lawsuit.

"Week 2"
Posted by dabo on 09-27-12 at 01:20 AM
Contestant Gufu: Abi-Maria. So, your main alliance partner has the clue to the HII and shares it with you, what do you do? Yeah, good time to get paranoid, put your partner on notice. What a case.

Contestant Gufu: Angie. Cookies? Seriously, cookies!!! Way to play the ditzy blonde.

Contestant Gufu: Roxy. Fer shucks sakes be a team player, doing nothing in camp but praying is still doing nothing in camp. (Nothing against praying, but seriously, pray for strength, for guidance, for wisdom, cool, do it right, fine; but contribute in camp!)

Contestant Gufu: Lisa. Um, okay, I guess you are proving why introverts are not normally cast on Survivor.

"RE: Week 2"
Posted by Molaholic on 09-27-12 at 11:32 AM
Production GUFU -- Really -- this had to have been the most boring episode ever.

Contestant GUFU -- Roxy. Words are not enough.

"Agree"
Posted by dabo on 09-27-12 at 11:59 AM
this had to have been the most boring episode ever

No kidding. Jonathan's idol quest was the best segment of the show, had some amusement to it (the contact lens fib actually worked!) -- everything else was pretty much whining and griping. And Angie's oobies, not that there's anything wrong with that.

Posted by Dakota on 09-27-12 at 12:55 PM
1. Roxy. Do nothing-Gossip. Bad combination on Survivor.
2. Malcolm. For not defending his woman at TC by saying "quick energy before a challenge".
3. Lisa. Be sociable. If need be, tell them you've worked with George Clooney to get the ball rolling.

Production: Putting the two scrawniest, weakest little cuties on one tribe.

Tribe's Talent '12

Posted by byoffer on 09-27-12 at 01:30 PM
Production: Putting the two scrawniest, weakest little cuties on one tribe.

In hindsight, the tribes seem very unbalanced. Kalabaw has 3 strong guys, and Tandang has 2 (I can't yet determine Artis fitness level) plus Roberta who seems like one of the strongest girls. Matsing had Zane, who was very physically unfit (how do they keep casting smokers who use the show to quit??), Malcolm and Denise seem strong, and Russell may be strong but not a challenge leader strong. Not getting to sit a weak girl really hurt Matsing, and they won't be sitting anyone for a while now.

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 09-27-12 at 01:39 PM
Contestant: Roxy. Whatever you did, don't do it, doofus.

Time Warner Gufu: Failing to record the show, dingbats. Two years ago I would have threatened legal action over this, but I'm more mature and more tired now.

Posted by SpotTheDiffference on 09-27-12 at 05:48 PM
Contestant Gufu #1 - Roxanne. I was actually starting to agree with her in the beginning of the episode, because she's right--Malcolm and Angie should have known better than to canoodle at night. And then she started chanting.

Contestant Gufu #2 - Angie. Cookies. Yeah.

Contestant Gufu #3 - Abi-Maria. Good job threatening your supposedly closest ally.

Production Gufu #1 - The three-tribe setup seems to be hurting Kalabaw editing-wise. To feature pretty much no one seems a bit too dismissive of the five (four, not counting Jeff) others.

Posted by michel on 09-29-12 at 07:57 PM
Production GUFU: How can Jonathan keep the idol a secret? Dumbest place to put an idol ever (outside of Russell's pocket of course). At least in China there were 4 plaques.

Production GUFU: There are 3 tribes so where the hell was Kalabaw?

Player Gufu: Roxy - If you spot a couple at this stage of the game, you could consider joining them rather than fighting them.

Player Gufu: Matsing - Not putting Malcolm on double racing duty.

"Week 3"
Posted by dabo on 10-04-12 at 01:30 AM
Pretty boring week except for:

Contestant Gufu: Abi-Maria. Way to continue the make-it-up in your own head soap opera diva game. Kudos to her for finding the HII, but lord what a paranoid basket case.

"RE: Week 3"
Posted by Bebo on 10-04-12 at 10:13 AM
Team Gufu: Matsing - Why are you the only tribe NOT looking for the HII? Of all people who need it, hello.....

Contestant Gufu: Skupin, I think you're a wonderful person, but CBS needs to put up a "Kids, don't try this at home" disclaimer every time you're on screen. Shattering the mask by doing exactly what you told others not to do is the latest episode of Home Improvement: Survivor Edition. You are the Tim Taylor of Survivor.

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 10-04-12 at 02:34 PM
Let's start here...

RC: You're in dangerous territory. Yes, Abi's paranoid, but she'll take someone down with her, and you're likely it.

Skupin: Just check yourself into a room with padded walls so you never hurt yourself again. At this rate, I am convinced a tree will fall on you by the merge.

One small nod to Production for casting Jeff and Lisa for no other reason than that, if not for them, we would have no effing clue who is on the red and yellow tribes. Which is only true because caseting effed up the tribes by making the blue tribe so damn useless.

Posted by jbug on 10-04-12 at 03:00 PM
there's a blue tribe?

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 10-05-12 at 03:09 PM
Russell's current half-tribe. Not bothering learning the tribe names at this point. Which is sad, because they'll probably end up using some mash-up of the original tribes' names as the merged tribe name.

Posted by Gray Squirrel on 10-04-12 at 03:49 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-04-12 AT 03:54 PM (EST)

Contestant Gufu#1 - Jeff Kent. The missing finger handshake, is that something like crossing you fingers behind your back so that the other person won't know that you are not being truthfull? And is that the same handshake that you offered Barry Bonds when you 'made up' with him after having that fight in the dugout a few years back?

Contestant Gufu#2 - Mike Skupin (aka. Mr Accident-prone). Diving head first into water wearing a glass face mask is like diving head first threw a window at your house. It's just not a good, or safe idea.

Contestant Gufu#3 - Russell Swan. OK, you may not be a good swimmer & can't dive down to undo the puzzle parts, but being so clutsy that you couldn't climb back onto the raft really cost your team valuable time.

Contestant Gafu#4 - The Monkey Tribe (Matsing) on voting out Angie. There’s a shortage of perfect breasts in this world (game), it’s a pity to keep voting them out.

"welcome Gray Squirrel"
Posted by jbug on 10-05-12 at 09:12 AM
great catches!

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 10-05-12 at 03:11 PM
Contestant Gafu#4 - The Monkey Tribe (Matsing) on voting out Angie. There’s a shortage of perfect breasts in this world (game), it’s a pity to keep voting them out.

Enh. Just watch RC. Beautiful and knows the game. Angie only fit the first category.

That having been said, they need to show more of the winner tribes before we get to the merge and don't have a clue in hell who any of these people are.

Posted by Molaholic on 10-07-12 at 09:12 PM
Production GUFU: Another puzzle challenge? Really?

Production GUFU: Where did that mask come from?

Contestant GUFU: Abi-Maria and all who listen to her.

"Week 4"
Posted by dabo on 10-11-12 at 00:53 AM
A rare gufuless week for the contestants, though I could pick a bit on Sneaky-Pete or Abi-Mania if I wanted. You tell me?

Production Gufu, Producers: Initial tribal selections stacked the odds against Matsing from the start. Why Jiffy lvoes Frankenzanes, he must be am idiut, and that am a casting gufu. But the odds were stacked against Matsing from the start, they didn't have challenge strength from the getgo, and quite frankly a tribe Ulonging into oblivion is a bore. Matsing from the start was set up to fail. Seriously, even if Zane were still in it, they would have lost every challenge to date.

Damn shame as Denise is one of the savvyest players yet, and Malcolm is pretty sharp too.

"RE: Week 4"
Posted by byoffer on 10-11-12 at 02:21 PM
Yes, casting got it wrong. Not sure what they expected from Zane. I think the biggest problem is that with only 6 people on each tribe to start, there was no where for weak players to hide, especially once Matsing started losing members. Malcolm was very astute last episode when he noted that Cookie Angie was forced to do all those challenges because of the casting. Each tribe actually has one stong challenge female (Denise, Dana, and RC), but the loss of Zane (who was useless anyway) and then under-performing Roxy crippled Matsing as they then had no where to hide Angie.

If I could add one production GUFU for the season it is not requiring the tribes to alternate who they sit from challenges. I know they usually only do that when there are separate RC and IC, but why not now? How strong would Tandang be if they actually had to play Abi and Lisa, and how stong would Kalabaw be if Dawson and Katie had to get off the bench??

As for Ep 4, I agree with your comment about lack of GUFUs. The challenge was quite even (lots of lead changes and even a tribe that had to play a female had a chance). And the contestand focus was on psychotics at yellow, boys vs girls at red, and Russell vs the world at blue. Ho hum.

Posted by dabo on 10-11-12 at 03:09 PM
Agree, if they had had a sit-out rule, no one can sit out twice in a row, that might have given Matsing a fighting chance. That obstacle run favored those with a height advantage. Next episode, though, with four sit-outs, Kalabaw and Tandang would be forced to have at least one repeat sit-out.

Production Gufu: A fruit basket would have been a better second place reward than that pathetic selection of veggies, I knew they would pick the tarp.

Posted by udg on 10-12-12 at 01:32 AM
>If I could add one production
>GUFU for the season it
>is not requiring the tribes
>to alternate who they sit
>from challenges.

Yes, yes. This! If production's goal wasn't total annihilation, this would be the easiest way to accomplish that.

If they don't do some sort of merge or shake-up next week, the other tribes will be sitting out more than half their members, which would make it impossible to enforce the "no sitting out two in a row" rule. OTOH, if they had been enforcing it, they probably wouldn't be in this position.

Posted by Molaholic on 10-11-12 at 03:30 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-11-12 AT 03:31 PM (EST)

Combined Production & Contestant GUFU: To the entire cast, crew and local Philippine flora & fauna for not throttling Abi and relieving the world of that horrifically whiny voice.

Posted by Gray Squirrel on 10-11-12 at 06:00 PM
Contestant Gufu: Pete - Why try to create Chaos amongst your fellow Tandang's so early in the game? Your Tribe just might start turning on one another & before you know it you will be imploding like the Mastung Tribe. I know it was Russell Hantz strategy, but there was one thing that he did not take into consideration - Life is not 'like a box of chocolates', its more 'like a jar of jalapenos', and what you do today might just burn your @ss tomorrow.

Contestant Gufu: Dana - May I suggest complete sobriety before getting ‘tatted up’. Tattoo’s should be meaningful, or at least semi meaningful. That gigantic mess on your arm is so lame.

Contestant Gufu: Russ - Don't blame God for your loosing the Challenge. God wasn't punishing you, he/she was just saving us from watching you for another week. Now you can go back home and practice Law, and remember "a lawyer with a briefcase can steal more than a thousand men with gun's".

Contestant Gufu: Abi - My assesment of her is that her thoughts tumble in her head, making & breaking alliances like underpants in a dryer without 'Cling Free'. Wow! First week she has an alliance of four, then she makes an alliance with RC which she breaks up before that episode even ends, and now she is hooking up with Pete (or is it Pete & Lisa, or maybe it's Pete, Lisa, & RC, or maybe its just her & the HII. I don't think even the voices in her head know for sure).

Posted by Dakota on 10-11-12 at 08:43 PM
Contestant Gufu: Abi - My assesment of her is that her thoughts tumble in her head, making & breaking alliances like underpants in a dryer without 'Cling Free'. Wow! First week she has an alliance of four, then she makes an alliance with RC which she breaks up before that episode even ends, and now she is hooking up with Pete (or is it Pete & Lisa, or maybe it's Pete, Lisa, & RC, or maybe its just her & the HII. I don't think even the voices in her head know for sure).

Thank you. That was my GUFU for the week, but I didn't know how to say it.

Tribe's Talent '12

Posted by qwertypie on 10-12-12 at 02:29 AM
I had a person like Abi in my life and watching her has brought back my eye twitch. Thanks alot, casting director!

Posted by dabo on 10-12-12 at 11:54 AM
Agree about Abi, the voices in her head are clueless. Oddly enough, though, with Pete's clue gambit she actually had a bit of a clue to go on, it was just a manufactured set up and she got it wrong. Couldn't have worked out better for Pete's purposes, which are basically to throw others off their games. He wants to be able to control the first Tandang boot and establish himself as controlling the game, and he is in position for that.

Since no one else caught what I alluded to in my week 4 post:

Contestant Gufu: Pete. The clue gambit. Yes, it worked for him, probably better than he expected. But there is a potential backfire to it that he didn't take into account. Artis, Lisa and Mike now know what the clue says and are that much closer to figuring out, as happened in Kalabaw, what the HII is and that it has been found.

It wouldn't be so bad if he himself had control of the HII, but that is in Abi's hands for the time being, and she is so fickle and undependable that it is probably only a matter of time before she gets upset with Pete over some nonsense.

"Week 5"
Posted by dabo on 10-18-12 at 00:18 AM
For some it was a good week, for some a bad week, for Abi is was another chance to whine about something.

Contestant Gufu: Dawson. Playing cat and mouse with Jeffkent was just dumb as dumb gets. Even if he hadn't been in position to do anything about it, dumb as dumb gets. As it was, he didn't even know she knew his secret, he just worried about it and did the smart thing by getting rid of her before the game got to the jury stage.

Production Gufu: Medical and their rules. Oh, come on, Kourtney Moon had a broken wrist and didn't take herself out of the game and bad as that was it wasn't life threatening. Players in the past were taken to the medical area and given IVs for dehydration and returned to the game, if getting Dana hydrated might have helped her condition get better when she couldn't keep anything down why not give her that fighting chance of an IV.

"RE: Week 5"
Posted by SOAR64 on 10-18-12 at 07:49 AM
I think medical could have skiped the IV and just arranged for Dana to have a visit with Angie. If medical was really concerned about Dana keeping anything down, then the evac. on the boat was a bad choice.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 10-18-12 at 08:54 AM
Yeah...Jeff Kent will be on the Major League Baseball Hall of Fame ballot for the first time next year, but Dawson jumped the gun and went straight into the Survivor Dumb Moves hall of fame.

Posted by byoffer on 10-18-12 at 09:22 AM
What impact do you think being on Survivor will have for Kent's HOF balloting? Survivor aside, is he a ligit HOFer??

Posted by suzzee on 10-18-12 at 10:47 AM
He was who again, I asked dh (who's not a baseball fan) if he knew him, he didn't. LOL

Coronation by Tribe

Posted by byoffer on 10-18-12 at 11:16 AM
He was certainly a very good major leaguer.
(from wikipedia)
- 5x all star
- 2000 NL MVP
- 4× Silver Slugger Award winner
- all-time leader in home runs among second basemen (377)
- top 70 all time in HR
- top 25 all time in doubles

But does any of that mean HOF?

Remembering that baseball HOF is voted on my media, and Jeff Kent was notoriously NOT a nice guy, I would think he is not HOF, at least not in initial year of eligibility.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 10-18-12 at 12:08 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-18-12 AT 12:10 PM (EST)

I think he's a Hall of Famer. As Byo said, he is the all-time leader in HR amongst second basemen and he was one of the best run producers in all of baseball for a number of years, regardless of position.

Second base is not usually known as a power position. Compare Kent to Ryne Sandberg who is in the Hall of Fame -- Kent has more HRs (377 to 282), more RBIs (1518 to 1061), a better batting average (.290 to .285) and both have one MVP title each. Kent's Hall of Fame Career Standards score is higher than Sandberg's. The only real advantage Sandberg had over Kent was his defense and his likeability with the media.

About Survivor affecting Kent's candidacy next year ... at first glance, I said no way, but now that I think about it, it might really help him if enough writers watch Survivor out of curiosity to see how he does. As well-documented elsewhere, Kent was known to be a churlish prick as a ballplayer, so any kind of "softening" of his personality and image in the year before he goes on the ballot can only help him as Kent has shown to be a pretty decent guy to get along with in camp and a great team guy in the challenges. It should be noted, though, that writers voted him as MVP so they didn't let his personality get in the way of giving him that title.

I think Kent will get in, but not until after maybe 10 years or so on the ballot as there's a number of shoo-ins over the next three or four years who will hog all the attention at first.

"Kent HOFer"
Posted by Molaholic on 10-18-12 at 02:38 PM
I agree completely with Pepe's analysis. But the HOF electorate (members of the Baseball Writers Association) have been very capricious of late, so it's really difficult to predict what they'll do.

"RE: Kent HOFer"
Posted by Bebo on 10-18-12 at 10:51 PM
Kent also made SI's list of Locker Room Cancers, so the voters are gonna make him wait for the laurels.

Posted by Molaholic on 10-18-12 at 02:42 PM
Production GUFU: All the hype about Jeff Kent getting outed, only to see the 37 second blurb from Dawson and what I suspect a well timed (meaning long after the fact) confessional from Jeff. Yawn.

Posted by MissMyth on 10-18-12 at 12:32 PM
Contestant Gufu: I may never forgive Dana for not hanging in long enough to force Crazy Abi to take part in the immunity challenge. I am so tired of seeing her get to slide on the challenges.

Posted by Dakota on 10-18-12 at 11:23 PM
But Abi did get her hair pulled.

Agman's Spring Fling '12

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 10-19-12 at 07:35 AM
If you take another look at the scene, Abi hit Dawson on the side of her boob just before Dawson reached out and grabbed Abi by the hair - she looked like she may have been reaching elsewhere but had her balance knocked off by the boob hit before the hair pull.

So... Abi fights dirty and doesn't deserve to complain about her hair being yanked by accident! Add to the growing list of contestant gufus against Abi-Maniac.

Posted by dabo on 10-19-12 at 00:25 AM
Personally, I would make that an Abi gufu. By sitting out every single time she has the chance she has probably lost respect from all the potential members of the jury who came to actually play Survivor.

Posted by Gray Squirrel on 10-19-12 at 07:19 PM
Contestant Gufu: Pete - Isn't it a little too early in your relationship with Malcolm to divulge that you are in position of the HII? (‘Body by Fisher, brains by Mattel’).

Contestant Gufu: Kent - For taking more dung from Dawson than a cross-eyed umpire calling balls & strikes at the Little League World Series. (Why not just take her aside & slap her upside the head like you did Barry Bonds?).

Contestant Gufu: Sarah Dawson – It was your show, so we just watched & listened & you did not disappoint.
1). When Jeff Probst came to camp to check on Dana & you said in a confessional that you wanted to jump him. That made you sound more like a stalker than a contestant.
2). Fumbling around with the letters & not really helping Jonathan at the Immunity Challenge (I think the only phrase she was trying to spell out was "Jeff is a hottie”).
3). Later in a confessional you say that Katie 'sucked big time' in the Challenge. (Hey, how about you honey, you made Jonathan move slower than a constipated bowel movement).
4). Teasing Kent about Baseball. (Many wise words are spoken in jest, but they don’t compare with the number of stupid words spoken in earnest).
5). Staring at & kissing Jeff at Tribal Council. (You attacked him like you were a colony of E. Coli, & he was room temperature Canadian beef).
6). Lastly, your parting words. "If Kent wins, you want a motorcycle, a helmet, a sidecar (probably for Jeff Probst), & a pink gun". (how about some pink ammo for that gun too, baby?).

Production Gufu: Jeff Probst - Your missing a great opportunity by not getting this Dawson ’Stalker Chick’ on your afternoon Talk Show. Most people go on Survivor to try & win the million dollars. I think she was just into molesting you.

Production Gufu: Looking for the HII – There were ‘5’ separate camera shots of the location of the HII (Top of the rice basket) while Denise & Malcolm were looking for it. Don’t you think that maybe at least once one of them might have caught onto what the cameramen were doing?

2nd Reward Challenge reward: (the 1st was the redistributing of Malcolm & Denise) – 7 Biscuits/Muffins (probably laced with penicillin so no one else gets the ‘Dana Disease’), 1 dozen cookies (did they take them from Ponderosa so Angie wouldn’t eat them all?), sugar (now just exactly what will they be cooking in the jungle that they will need sugar for? Yea, I know coffee & tea, but I am trying to sound sarcastic here.), & only 4 mugs (is the shows budget getting so tight that they couldn’t toss in 2 or 3 more mugs?).

"Week 6"
Posted by dabo on 10-25-12 at 00:32 AM
Well, there were certainly contestant gufus again this week, but I'll let you all jump in on those and start this week with the obvious --

Production Gufu: Worst * Challenge * Concept * Ever! Let's face it, when a non-endurance (reward) challenge planned as going on for several rounds until one tribe reaches three goals lasts over an hour for the first round alone, which results in a stalemate at zero goals achieved, how embarrassing.

"RE: Week 6"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 10-25-12 at 09:00 AM
Yeah... but it was still a big gufu for Tandang to agree to that deal - they should have held out for a little more or at least some kind of a guarantee that there actually is rice in the other tribe - for all they knew, Kalabaw could already have eaten every grain of rice.

A big gufu for Skupin for hogging the rice and not ensuring there is a set amount per day. Why don't you just wear a T-shirt with a target on it?

Agree on the production gufu. That was a poorly-designed challenge that would have been better off being on grass.

Artis gets a gufu ... shut up, dude. Being super crabby just puts a target on you.

Posted by dabo on 10-25-12 at 10:06 PM
Yeah, Tandang should have given that deal more thought, up until a couple days before Kalabaw had the same number of people eating the Kalabaw rice as Tandang had eating Tandang rice.

Poor Skupin, he never got to the starvation stage in the Outback, his tribe just had all kinds of food pre-merge, chickens, pig, Doritos, Outback popcorn.

Crabby Abi and Artis, wouldn't want to be on a tribe with either of those downers.

Posted by SOAR64 on 10-25-12 at 09:55 AM
I may be in the minority, but I don't think that teams or individuals should be allowed to negotiate once a challenge has begun. In fact I don't think teams or individuals should be allowed to negotiate at all. Most of the past instances where it happened were between individuals who were trying to be the last one standing or such. What comes next? Both teams decide that it is just to wet and muddy to participate in a challenge. What if a team offers to trade one of their players in exchange for a player from the other team?
My choice for individual Gufu would have to be Jeff Probst. He should not have allowed what happened at the reward challenge. And whats with him trying to "OUT" Jeff at the tribal council when he ask him if he had ever been involved in an situation which involved negotiating with others. I don't remember his exact words, but that was his meaning.

Posted by Dakota on 10-27-12 at 02:50 AM
Skupin is putting a target on his back.
Artis for starting to lose it.
Production: The RC deserves to be left on Exile Island.

For your reading pleasure --
Katie Hanson in People
Survivor's Katie Hanson: Jeff Probst 'Had It Out for Me'

By Steve Helling
10/26/2012 at 04:40 PM EDT

Tribe's Talent '12

Posted by SpotTheDiffference on 10-27-12 at 09:09 PM
Contestant Gufu #1: Tandang, who basically said, "I'm going with whatever you decide," and then blaming the bad deal during the RC on Mike.

Contestant Gufu #2: Mike, for depleting Tandang's food supply, leading to the bad RC deal.

Production Gufu: Casting Carter, who has zero stage presence in his confessionals. I now understand why he was almost completely hidden during the first five episodes.

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 10-28-12 at 05:01 PM
Production Gufu: Casting Carter, who has zero stage presence in his confessionals. I now understand why he was almost completely hidden during the first five episodes.

So I'm not the only one who noticed that he constantly sounds like he's a stoned Keanu Reeves with less charisma.

Also...

Artis: STFU dude. So it's a bad deal. You agreed to it. You could just as easily have said, "Hell no, we won't go" and refused the deal, leaving your tribemates to rot in the mud if you choose. You're just as guilty as everyone else AND you have a temper problem.

Mike: For going from "the crazy dude who killed a pig and maybe could have gone all the way but for an unfortunate accident" in Australia to "the crazy dude who's the equivalent of tripping over a black cat underneath a ladder and crashing through a mirror on Friday the 13th" in the Philippines.

Production: Who the hell decided to put this challenge in the mud and not put in a time limit?

"Week 7"
Posted by dabo on 11-01-12 at 00:01 AM
Couldn't really pay close attention this week as I kept having to answer the doorbell, go ahead and jump in with whatever you want.

"RE: Week 7"
Posted by byoffer on 11-01-12 at 10:08 AM
I was answering the door too, but think I saw most. If my comments are off please correct me.

Contestant GUFU - RC. When sitting with Abi and Lisa, and Abi says "go find out what you can of the other tribe", go ahead and do that (or even pretend to do it), but don't tell Abi right off you don't trust her. Pretend that you do, because telling her you don't will keep the target on you. Oops, too late. Bye bye.

Production GUFU - I felt like they really under-communicated to us about a few things. Is the new beach neutral to the two tribes? Is it the old Matsing? Looks like they had to build a new camp, but it could still be Matsing (and production removed their stuff). Also, I beleive the new tribe got a name, but I missed how they determined the name. Usually there is an interesting story to that.

I guess the challenge was okay. Those "xx% of your body weight" challenges are intriguing, because I wonder if they are really fair to all. At least the men and women competed separately for Immunity.

Posted by dabo on 11-01-12 at 03:02 PM
Dangrayne, no idea what it means if anything. Maybe it will be explained in a secret scene by CBS.

Contestant Gufu: Jeff. His fixation on eliminating vets, lasting longer than vets, caused him to miss a golden opportunity to seize control of the game. With Pete's plan to split the vote between Jonathan and RC, with RC and Michael ready to come on board, he could have been a top dog in an admittedly shakey power alliance and knocked a challenge threat (Artis or Pete) out of the game.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 11-01-12 at 04:14 PM
Think "Dang! Rain!" (sound it out)

It was on a secret scene video. Apparently Penner tweeted last night joking they wanted to call it "F---in' Rain".

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 11-01-12 at 03:08 PM
Let's see here...

Everyone: For aligning themselves in seemingly defined patterns and then voting all over the place. Even RC and Skupin voted for different people.

Everyone who voted against RC: Why? She has zero chance of winning and is not a threat.

RC: Being a victim gets you nowhere except the jury. It's too bad; I liked looking at you.

Abi: Do the world a favor and just go away.

Production: Where exactly did they get the merged tribe name from? Did someone pull it out of their Dabu or was it more well-thought-out?

Also: Jiffy, for the love of Burnett, please stop needling Kent about his baseball career. Got any zingers you want to lob at Lisa about her past? No? Then stuff it.

Posted by SpotTheDiffference on 11-02-12 at 10:21 AM
I was kind of taken aback by the merged tribe name, TBH. Whereas other seasons at least had some sort of cultural reference to the location or the season's theme (even if it was made up like Dabu or Murlonio), the one shot in my home country references possibly the worst thing that they've experienced in the country... and it's not even in our language! At least make it sound exotic!

Gufu to production for allowing the merged tribe name (but at least it's not Nobag).

Posted by Dakota on 11-02-12 at 02:55 PM
How did Skupin survive?

That is all.

Tribe's Talent '12

"Week 8"
Posted by dabo on 11-08-12 at 01:45 AM
LAST EDITED ON 11-08-12 AT 01:45 AM (EST)

Wow, what an episode! A gufu bonanza! Plenty to go around, everyone line up and get in your shots, this should be goooo-ooood!

To kick off the gufus this week...

Contestant Gufu: Abi! Which one which one which one? She is such an idiot, just doesn't know when to STFU! Spilling the whole plan to Carter was STOOPID! (She got lucky though, Carter himself is apparently too stoopid to play the game.)

"RE: Week 8"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 11-08-12 at 08:23 AM
Carter: "I thought the plan was to vote you off."

So when were you going to bring it up to Jeff if he hadn't approached you there for that discussion?

Abi-Maniac is a walking gufu, so many things, so little time...

Lisa didn't have a very intelligent episode, I thought, with the reveal of Malcolm's HII and trusting others to keep it to themselves. Malcolm is now screwed.

Posted by byoffer on 11-08-12 at 12:28 PM
Lisa - loose lips sink ships. Your ship didn't sink, but boy did your comments lead to everyone's boats getting rocked!

Jeff Kent - your illogical vendetta against the returning players was your downfall. You needed to partner with those guys to play the game. Maybe you will see that now... from the jury!

Production - sometimes 3 days on the island just doesn't fit into 1 hr. Too bad they couldn't stretch this episode, as TC alone needed more time.

Posted by Dakota on 11-08-12 at 01:02 PM
Jeff: Obsess much? Neither Penner nor Skupin won.
Lisa: Make an alliance instead of floundering.
Everyone: Why are Abi and Skupin still there?

Tribe's Talent '12

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 11-08-12 at 03:42 PM
Arg...Probst was right about the "blown opportunity."

Penner: Why the hell did you vote for Abi? What exactly did that accomplish unless you forgot how to spell Pete?

Skupin: You are not only accident-prone, you are bad at math. Simply put - let's say you go to F5 with Lisa and the Terrible Three. How many members of the Terrible Three are you? Oh, right, you're bad at math, so I'll just tell you - it's three. Between you and Lisa, how many of you are there? Two. Which number is bigger - oh jeez, do I have to spell this one out, too? So here's what happens - F6 is probably the last time you can use an idol, which we're pretty sure neither of you will have between now and then anyway. I'm also sure neither of you clowns can beat Pete-moss or Artpiss at any challenge except teen acting or hurting yourselves, so, with numbers, they vote you guys out, and if there is an F3, you won't be in it. If there's an F2, you won't be in it. So you'll be forced to pick between Pete-moss, Artpiss, and Shabby-Maria in the final TC instead of taking their money. And one of them wins. And it's all your fault. What exactly was your purpose for going back on Survivor anyway? Slip and fall and hurt yourself and sue Burnett - oh right, you signed a release. Please tell me you thought you were back in Australia and voting for Jeff Probst - at least then we could understand your blunder.

Shabby-Maria: You can't do anything except act like a complete paranoid dupe on your own. The only reason you were cast, I'm sure, is for the family reward: "Abi, we have a surprise visitor for you - your long-lost twin brother, Brandon Hantz."

Blair Warner: Can we medevac people for severe cases of mouth-diarrhea yet?

Future Gufu: Th Terrible Three. You are dumb.

Final Words Gufu: Jeff Fecalman...I mean Kent. "I lost, but I'm a rich douchebag and I hate the Democrats." Go wash your truck, fvckwad.

Posted by SpotTheDiffference on 11-09-12 at 06:24 PM
Penner: Why the hell did you vote for Abi? What exactly did that accomplish unless you forgot how to spell Pete?

Looking back, it looks like Penner thought Skupin was voting with them, giving them a 6-4 advantage over the other Tandang members. Penner probably wanted to send Abi a message, and thinking that it was going to be a 5-4-1 vote against Pete, voted for Abi. He didn't know Skupin would flip the vote towards Jeff (which IMO, still goes in his favor, since Jeff was the primary instigator of the "No Returning Players Movement"). No blown opportunities yet. They can still vote out Tandang, provided that the 4 of them stick together and flip Michael.

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 11-12-12 at 08:24 PM
Looking back, it looks like Penner thought Skupin was voting with them, giving them a 6-4 advantage over the other Tandang members. Penner probably wanted to send Abi a message, and thinking that it was going to be a 5-4-1 vote against Pete, voted for Abi. He didn't know Skupin would flip the vote towards Jeff (which IMO, still goes in his favor, since Jeff was the primary instigator of the "No Returning Players Movement"). No blown opportunities yet. They can still vote out Tandang, provided that the 4 of them stick together and flip Michael.

When I wrote All-Stars II - almost six years ago - I honestly thought something like this, in which someone throws out a message vote or decoy vote and totally flips the vote, was so reckless that it couldn't possibly happen. And if your analysis - which isn't all that far-fetched - is correct, then Penner was exactly this reckless.

Sadly, in my story, the person who committed his blunder (Ozzy, for the curious) ended up winning, and he had a pretty big target on his back. I wonder if this holds as a good thing for Penner.

Posted by Bebo on 11-09-12 at 09:47 PM
I'll just refer to my game on the ECST for this week's nominees, all from Abi.

- Hey Carter, wanna know the whole plan? Here you go.
- Jeff asks if anyone else has an idol. Ooo, ooo, pick me, pick me! Look at the idol that only Pete and I knew about. Isn't it pretty? Why was this thing called the hidden immunity idol anyway?
- Preview for next week when she's playing mean girl to Lisa. Um, there's only 9 people left, and as long as Lisa's with you, your alliance has 5 votes and controls who goes. If Lisa's not with you, then you no longer have the majority and you and your evil minions can get picked off one by one.

"Week 9"
Posted by dabo on 11-15-12 at 01:37 AM
Well, Her Crabbiness gufued and gufued and gufued this time, she couldn't open her mouth without producing a gufu gem. But I'll leave it to y'all to single out all the ones that deserve singling out.

Contestants Gufu: Denise, Carter, Penner, Skupin, Malcolm. Honestly, they could have and should have blindsided Pete tonight, cut the haid offn the snake. Or even whacked Her Crabbiness (and her HII). Artis only made sense because they weren't expecting it, even though they weren't expecting it to be any of them anyway.

"RE: Week 9"
Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 11-16-12 at 02:09 PM
Arg...

Lisa: What. The. Fvck. Was. That. First of all, you're in Brandon Hantz territory with regard to misguided loyalty and crappy gameplay and in Christy Smith territory with regard to unwarranted loyalty to people who hate you. Thank EPMB that Skupin had a brain.

Shabby-Maria: Again, I ask if people can be forced off the island for a potentially life-threatening case of mouth-diarrhea, because, if she doesn't STFU, I or another person crazier than I will reach through our TVs and choke the living hell out of her.

Probably not a gufu: Voting Artis. Shabby might have given the idol to Pete or used it on herself. Might as well go for the guarantee when it didn't even seem guaranteed that Walking Accident or Blair Warner were going to flip.

Production: The schoolyard picks with one person left out have run their course. Even if that person was Miss Useless.

Kudo for production: Couldn't have pulled off the vote-reading better. To borrow a line from Estee: 4-2, 4-3, 4-4, 4-screwed.

"Week 10"
Posted by dabo on 11-22-12 at 01:38 AM
Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater...

ah well, frat boy lost control of the game, put up a good fight but couldn't overcome having the worst ally in Survivor history, I'll take it easy on him.

Slim pickin's this week, really, but to start things off...

Contestant Gufu, Michael. How anyone could repeat the same mistake Abi made at RC just says to me head not in the game.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

"RE: Week 10"
Posted by Molaholic on 11-24-12 at 01:35 PM
Contestant - Penner. A wee bit early to admit that you don't trust anyone.

Contestant (jury division) - Artis. Playing up to Abi may just get you voted out of the jury, a Survivor first.

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 11-25-12 at 02:16 PM
Cable gufu: My DVR for being a POS and not recording the show. Perhaps it saved me from the annoyance that is Crappy-Maria, but considering that she got hers in the end, maybe it's just my DVR being a POS. Need to switch it out ASAP for one that works.

Posted by michel on 11-25-12 at 09:58 PM
Actually, Malcolm was the first to make a gufu in that challenge.

"Week 11"
Posted by dabo on 11-29-12 at 02:47 AM
I never thought I'd say this, but well it deserves to be said: Good for Abi. Not that I like her or think much of her chances in this game, but good for her. Since Artis got voted out she's been full out trying to turn the game around in her favor. In her own demented way. Sewing chaos.

Contestants Gufu: Carter, Denise, Jonathan, Lisa, Malcolm, Michael. HA! Abi's emotionally unbalanced act is just that, an act, but they all fell for it. Because Portuguese is her first language, she joost notta so good atta de English. Suckers. (per her CBS bio languages is one of her hobbies.)

Ah well, so long Penner, hopefully he will win fan favorite, this season will not be so goodly no more he being goned.

"RE: Week 11"
Posted by SOAR64 on 11-29-12 at 08:53 AM
I'm with you Dabo on your thoughts on Abi. I found myself cheering and wanting her to win the individual immunity challenge. She had a goal in mind of winning immunity and never took her eyes off of it. How can you not cheer for the person who everyone else wanted to vote out at tribal council.
My contestant Gufu goes to Carter. He did not focus hard enough while untieing the strings, instead he kept watching Abi untie her strings.
Thank you producers for showing us the Abi we saw last night.

Posted by suzzee on 11-30-12 at 11:33 AM
LAST EDITED ON 11-30-12 AT 11:34 AM (EST)

instead he kept watching Abi untie her strings.

He was either looking for a hint or was hoping she'd start on her bikini top.

Coronation by Tribe

Posted by Dakota on 11-29-12 at 11:47 AM
Soar: Cheering for Abi? That's just wrong. I wanted her gone. Weeks ago I gave up on these people because Skupin and Abi were still there. The days go by and why-oh-why are they still there? At least Malcolm somehow survived.

Abi: Another emotionally unstable "it's all about me" episode.
Lisa: Making an alliance and then waffling in a big way. I suppose you did the right thing by talking to Penner, and I suppose it was his own fault for being non-committal, but the oh-the-drama of it all.
Skupin: Did you really not want to get rid of Penner? I saw a guy, think his name is Carter, sitting on the bench.

Tribe's Talent '12

Posted by dabo on 11-30-12 at 03:47 PM
I'm no fan of Abi but I'm happy she's got another story going now that her "ally from hell" story is done. She is now a whacky cartoon character fighting against the odds for herself and, honestly, doing a lot of things just so wrong. But it is working a bit to the extent of putting others off balance.

With Penner gone Abi's story is at least entertaining (for as long as it can last). Lisa and Michael are just kind of boring, Carter has been left on the cutting room floor, but hopefully Denise and Malcolm can now pick up their stories.

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 11-30-12 at 10:41 AM
Don't these people learn ANYTHING from past seasons?

Everyone not named Abi: Let me tell you a little story about a woman left for dead many years ago. The only one of her kind in a tribe of those unlike her, she had no chance to win without the magical item that would protect her from certain doom. Sadly, she ha no way to obtain it, as she was vastly outmatched by these others. However, a great and wise Jiffy offered her a chance at a significant advantage in a fight for her life. The foreigners bumbled their way into letting her have it, she won the challenge, and she vanquished her opponents on by one and claimed the top prize for herself. That woman's name? Danni Boatwright, winner, Survivor: Guatemala. And the cast of this season learned nothing from her.

As for Abi: I don't care if it's an act, if it's because you truly aren't self-aware, if it's a language barrier issue, or if you are just completely obtuse. The above story will mean you may march your way to F2 only to get squashed by the jury vote, receiving only Artis and Pete's votes and that's it.

Production: Couldn't they have offered up a less inflammatory food than veal shanks, one that's both a touchy subject for most of America, including myself, and has the potential gross factor in eating?

Posted by Belle Book on 11-30-12 at 11:46 AM
There's only one difference between Abi and Danni -- Danni was nice. Abi is nasty. Thus even if Abi makes it to the final Tribal Council, who'll vote for her? At most, Artis and Pete. Nobody else would vote for her.

Posted by Sunny_Bunny on 11-30-12 at 01:57 PM
The answer to your question is no. LOL! Why are they leaving Malcom and Denise alone? They know he has the idol, but they have done nothing to force him to use it. The perfect move this week would have been to split the votes between him and Denise so that they could break up the two people running this game. Get rid of one and make the other one as vulnerable as everyone else. Sitting between these two at F3 assures one of them winning the game, no matter how stubbornly you stood with your alliance. All they have to do is point out that they survived a useless first tribe,their second tribes, and then ran the game at Dangrayne.

Posted by Molaholic on 11-30-12 at 12:23 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-30-12 AT 12:23 PM (EST)

Produciton Why edit out the questions? We could have had 60 seconds less Abi-tears with no real harm.

Produciton What ever happened to the "zonk" prize at the auction? This one was way too nice.

Bring back the gross food challenge.

Posted by byoffer on 11-30-12 at 04:03 PM
What ever happened to the "zonk" prize at the auction? This one was way too nice.

Jiffy comments on this in his weekly chat with Dalton. Apparently this location was very hard on the Survivors and food was scarce. So production decided to have the food reward as mostly positive to help them. Apparently there were some "choose Door A or Door B" auction items that were not shown on TV.

"Week 12"
Posted by dabo on 12-07-12 at 12:35 PM
Production Gufu: Editors. Try as they might, even with Lisa and Skupin hamming it up as much as they could, I mean stunk of the pigpen hamming it up, this episode was just a tedious bore.

"RE: Week 12"
Posted by Molaholic on 12-13-12 at 01:10 PM
Production GUFU - Shades of the current "Storage Wars" imbroglio, but I was certain that I saw perfectly matched footprints ahead of the tribe as they marched towards the IC. (The long shot up the beach).

Sorry, but I lack the technical wherewithal to post a capture pic, maybe one of the geeks in the neighborhood can find it...

Contestant GUFU - Lisa (aka The New Abi).

"Week 13 and Finale"
Posted by dabo on 12-13-12 at 01:33 AM
Go ahead and use this one for the end of the season, gonna be a long night Sunday. Hopefully things will air on time, which for me is 8:30 to 11:30.

Contestant Gufu: Abi. Honestly, I was planning on just saying "Contestant Gufu: Abi." and leaving it at that, because at least I found her desperation campaign of the last few week pretty amusing. But Oh My Heck, she topped herself at TC! Why would you call someone whose vote you hope to change an idiot and a moron, why? Granted she had practically no chance of changing the vote once they got to TC, but whatever miniscule chance she had she totally threw away during her TC performance.

Damn, though, it was very funny, and she can take pride that she went out swinging for the fences.

Contestant Gufu: Malcolm. Perhaps, as it remains to be seen what Lisa and Michael do with it. But he went a bit too far selling Denise down the river to make his F3 deal with them. If they let Denise know he offered them that deal, Lisa and Mike punch their tickets to F3 and get to decide whether to take Denise or Malcolm (barring an immunity win, of course, by Malcolm or Denise, in which case they both still get to F3).

It's beginning to look a lot like ..

we're in for a good finale.

"RE: Week 13 and Finale"
Posted by Sunny_Bunny on 12-14-12 at 02:33 PM
I totally agree with you on blAbi. But even more amusing was her devastation at not being taken away for reward. Really, what planet is she on that thinks the most openly despised survivor ever would be invited to spread her negativity dust over a great reward?!

Posted by Dakota on 12-14-12 at 04:47 PM
1. Abi. Just Abi.
2. Malcolm backstabbing Denise. The two of them have come a long way, he's won challenges and made friends and IMO, should not be selling her out now.

Production: Spending too much of the season on Lisa and little on Skupin.

Agman's Christmas Cheer 2011

Posted by dabo on 12-17-12 at 01:51 AM
Contestant Gufu: Malcolm. Yeah, Mr. Confidence, way to upset Denise and get her working the game for herself.

Actually, the gufu that cost him the game turned out to be letting Lisa's brother Justice stay around and get big sis's head on straight, after that she got it and got her game in order.

"Finale"
Posted by byoffer on 12-17-12 at 11:46 AM
Production GUFU - too many "untie the knots" challenges. Even the RC at the finale had more knots. What, did you get a deal on cord? Or is the ability to untie knots deemed a great gender equalizer?

Broadcast GUFU - Football always runs late on Sundays. And CBS always wants to air 60 Minutes. We deal with weekly episodes of TAR running late (actually, in Canada they typically air on time) but for the grand finale of Survivor to air so much later than scheduled really messes with us fans. Obama's speach aside, this was a GUFU, especially for my 7yr old who had made a deal to watch until 9pm. (and thus only got to watch a bit of 60 Mins and Obama!)

"RE: Finale"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 12-17-12 at 01:01 PM
I don't understand why they had the Pittsburgh-Dallas game starting at 4:25 when most other late-afternoon games started right at 4:00 or 4:05. That twenty-five minutes was the delay right there before Obama came on, then Survivor actually started a few minutes later.

Had no problem with Obama's speech but CBS knew they'd be airing a finale on this date - push the NFL games back to 4 pm. People won't cry if the 1:00 games overlap by a few minutes as they don't care about the first few minutes.

Posted by Gray Squirrel on 12-18-12 at 00:08 AM
Contestent Gufu: Denise & Macl - Knowing that it was going to be one or the other of them that was going to be voted off at TC, why not take a chance & bond together & throw both of their votes at Lisa? At least it would have forced a tie in which case one of them had a 50/50 chance of not drawing a 'purple rock', or even a better chance of beating her in a 'fire starting challenge'.

Contestant Gufu: The final 3 - I know it's tradition to distroy camp before they leave for the Final TC, but why in heck didn't they at least pull everything out on the beach before they started burning it. As the camera showed them leaving camp we saw a line of smoke coming up through the palm trees. My God, Smokey the Bear must be fricken upset over that one.

Production Gufu: Survivor Auction - How come I couldn't buy the darn snake that they always showed before each TC. That thing became one of the stars of the show. It would have made a great Christmas gift for my daughter's mother-in-law. And you think Abi was a bit-ch.

Posted by Dakota on 12-18-12 at 11:28 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-18-12 AT 11:29 PM (EST)

Contestent Gufu: Denise & Macl - Knowing that it was going to be one or the other of them that was going to be voted off at TC, why not take a chance & bond together & throw both of their votes at Lisa? At least it would have forced a tie in which case one of them had a 50/50 chance of not drawing a 'purple rock', or even a better chance of beating her in a 'fire starting challenge'.

First, WELCOME, Gray Squirrel. Join us next season! Second, for your GUFU - Denise tried that, but Malcolm outsmarted himself on the Reward Challenge where he cut a deal with Lisa and Skoopin. Then he pulled the Penner "uh, don't know, not yet" thing with Denise and lost his spot in F3 when Lisa and Skoopin backed out. Game changing mistake and in spite of comments by contestants at the reunion show, I think Malcolm would have won.

Agman's Christmas Cheer 2011

Posted by byoffer on 12-19-12 at 03:09 PM
I think Gray Squirrel's question is coming later than your response. We saw early in the ep that Denise came to Malc to force a tie, and he balked. Then it became clear that Malc and Denise were to vote against each other, and that who stayed would be up to Lisa and Scup.

But later in the show, when it became obvious to us that it would be Malc vs Denise boot, why didn't Denise and Malc revist this option to try to save themselves. I think this is GS's question.

I think Malc was more confident in his F3 deal with Skup and Lisa than we might have realized, and to be honest he felt getting Denise out was good for his overall win chances.

In hindsight he should have forced the tie and taken his chances against Denise in F3!