URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID45
Thread Number: 424
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"The O.C."

Posted by Hoobie on 04-29-05 at 12:46 PM
This is one of the best dramedy shows on TV. Very witty, and applicable across generations. I may not be impartial though, since I actually live in Newport Beach.

Anyway - last night (4/28/05), I went to re-play my DVR recording, and the Simpsons came on instead of my beloved show. Did anyone else have that problem? Will it be replayed?

Does anyone else love the show?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: The O.C."
Posted by celinedion1 on 09-04-05 at 04:12 AM
Hello, I love this show also. I've been watching it since it first started and I still think that it is one of the greatest shows on tv now.

"Season 3"
Posted by trigirl on 09-13-05 at 03:57 PM
Missed the premiere...darn DVR. Any good?

"RE: Season 3"
Posted by Hoobie on 09-16-05 at 01:30 PM
I was less than thrilled with the first 2 episodes. The gang from Harbor High are resembling the Scooby-Doo kids with their relentless need to solve mysteries with out-of-the-ordinary techniques.

I love this show, and hope that McG, and Reege's daughter do something with the script - pronto!

Posted by LadyT on 09-16-05 at 03:30 PM
The only reason I watch this show is for Cohen and Summer. I am done with Ryan and Marissa.

TishyTime

Posted by flipxcyd on 09-16-05 at 07:35 PM
I would have to agree with you on this. I'm so done with Ryan & Marisa. Marisa needs to be with someone else.

Posted by photokitty on 09-23-05 at 08:59 PM
I like Ryan, but I am SO SICK of Marissa. Go away! And, I don't just mean to another school.

My favorite part is Peter Gallagher. Mmmm, those lips, those eyes, that hair, that voice. Yowza. Lucky actress who gets to make out with him regularly. I like how that marriage has been portrayed.

I was sorry to see Caleb bite the dust. He was a good villan.

Marissa's dad (what's his name?) is such a spineless bonehead, but we're shown why he makes his bad decisions, and we feel for him. Even though he's a bonehead.

I like the Summer & Cohen romance, too.

(Notting Hill fans: A very young Mischa Barton has a small role. She plays an actress in the movie that Julia Roberts is doing the press for, and Hugh Grant "interviews" the girl "for Horse & Hound."

Posted by flipxcyd on 09-25-05 at 00:56 AM
Really. I'll have to check out Notting Hill again.

I really thought Marissa was going to Hawaii! But, she IS one of the major characters, so the fantasy was short-lived. She's still nice to look at though. Yowza...I still have that image of her in that Enrique Iglesias video. Double yowza.

Let's see...what else haven't they done yet? Marissa got her lawn boy. Ryan got his old flame from Chino. Summer had that jock guy. Has Seth gotten any other action besides Summer? Maybe Seth is really adopted. Ahhhh. I just want to see other subplots going on.

I hear this is the last season...true?

Posted by realityfreek on 09-25-05 at 03:00 PM
>Ryan got
>his old flame from Chino.

What about the baby? Last season she seemed freaked when she ran into Ryan while he was looking for his brother. What do ya think....the baby is his not her long time abusive boyfriend? That'll put a kabosh on his and Marissas love/romance. And what bout the broke JuJu and family? What do ya think she is going to do for money? I have them all moving into the Cohens. One big happy family! That'll get Kiki back to drinkin.. And one last "what do ya think" about the chick from rehab. Kikis long lost unknown another sister? I thought I saw a pic of Seth being put into her bag. Or like ya said Seth is adopted and rehab chick is his real mother..father Sandy? unknown? Caleb?

Posted by celinedion1 on 10-11-05 at 03:08 AM
Cool I like the way your mind thinks on these little plots, you have some great ideas. I'm just waiting to see what happens with the blonde woman who's in rehab with kirsten. Also last week was the OC shown?

Posted by realityfreek on 10-11-05 at 02:59 PM
It think it was on last week. We found out more on the "blonde" (I cant remember her name!). SHe was just posing in rehab to bilk money from vunerable people. Whether Kirsten was the intial subject or just happened after she was there. So not sure if there is any other connection. Ummm...Oh Seth has detention for breaking into the school to steal the beach scene for Ryan and Marissa. Actually nothing major happened that I can think of. Anyone??!! Oh Julie and Marissa got kicked out of their mans and Marissa moved in with Sum and Jules when to the local motel, crying her eyes out. OOOOHH Yeah the "mean dean" and the little rich bi*ch were caught kissing by Summer. That was pretty much it.....