URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID17
Thread Number: 424
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"REALITY CHECK"

Posted by realityisfun on 03-10-03 at 08:14 PM
From the producers of EXILED comes a new show with a new twist.
Go to WWW.triple-jproductions.com for info on this new college reality production "REALITY CHECK"
All the EXILED info is up as well. Triple - J is CASTING NOW
The discussion board is up for any comments you may have.

Thanks, SC

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: REALITY CHECK"
Posted by 712 on 03-10-03 at 09:16 PM
You forgot to let Canadians be elligible to apply.

Posted by realityisfun on 03-10-03 at 09:21 PM
of course!!!!!

Posted by dabo on 03-21-03 at 05:19 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-21-03 AT 05:51 PM (EST)

http://www.triple-jproductions.com/realitycheck.htm

GET READY FOR A REALITY TELEVISION ADVENTURE LIKE YOU'VE NEVER SEEN BEFORE...

THIS SUMMER, 9 CONTESTANTS WILL BE INVITED TO SPEND TWO WEEKS IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION, LIVING IN AN UNCOMFORTABLE ENVIRONMENT AND WILL COMPETE AGAINST EACH OTHER TO WIN THE GAME.

SOUNDS LIKE A FAMILIAR REALITY TELEVISION SHOW, RIGHT?

WRONG!

REALITY CHECK IS A CONSTANTLY EVOLVING GAME, WHERE CONTESTANTS WILL NEVER KNOW WHAT'S COMING NEXT AND WHERE THERE IS NO STRICT FORMAT. FURTHERMORE, REALITY CHECK PUSHES THE ENVELOPE OF REALITY TELEVISION BY TAKING MAJOR ASPECTS FROM OTHER REALITY TELEVISION SHOWS, TWISTING THEM AROUND, AND FORCING THE 9 STRANGERS TO NOT ONLY ADAPT TO EACH OTHER AND A FOREIGN LOCALE, BUT FORCES THEM TO ADJUST TO A FAST-PACED, COMPETITION-DRIVEN MIXTURE OF EVERYTHING THAT HAS MADE REALITY TELEVISION SUCCESSFUL, FROM "THE REAL WORLD" TO "SURVIVOR," FROM "BIG BROTHER" TO "THE MOLE."

IF YOU THINK YOU BELONG ON THIS SHOW, GET READY TO CHECK YOUR REALITY AT THE DOOR IN THIS GROUND-BREAKING, FRESH NEW PRODUCTION AND APPLY NOW!

http://www.triple-jproductions.com/REALITY%20CHECK%20application.htm

Contestant Application

You may apply to be a contestant on REALITY CHECK by completing and submitting this application.

Please note the following eligibility requirements must be met in order to proceed with the application process.

a. You must be willing to travel to a remote location selected by Producers for two (2) weeks (date to be determined). You are responsible for your own travel expenses to the secret location.

b. You must be between the ages of 18-30.

c. You do not have to be a United States citizen, any North American citizen is welcome to apply.

d. You must not now be a candidate for public office and must agree not to become one until after initial broadcast of all programs in which you appear, if selected as a contestant.

e. You must be in excellent physical and mental health.

f. If you are selected to be interviewed, you must timely complete and return (prior to the date of your personal interview) a completed Interview Agreement Package, which includes a Background Questionnaire Form among other agreements. Interview Agreement Packages will be provided to potential interviewees by the Producers.

g. To accept an invitation to be a semi-finalist, you must complete, and timely return the Applicant Agreement Package, which will be furnished to you by the Producers, and will include, among other things, an Applicant Agreement, including Release Forms and Waivers for review and signature by you and your family members.

h. If you are selected as a semi-finalist, you agree to authorize Producers to conduct thorough investigations into your background and personal history.

Applications MUST be written clearly or typed and must be accompanied by a videotape which meets the following requirements OR bring complete applications to a casting call and agree to be interviewed in-person by Producer(s).

LENGTH: MAXIMUM OF FIVE MINUTES.

FORMAT: Only VHS. (No mini-DV's, 8mm or VHS C.) To transfer the other formats to VHS, simply connect your camera to your VCR and record.

CONTENT: Be creative in telling us who you are, how competitive you can be, and why you would be the only one remaining after eliminating 8 of your competitors.

The videotape will be become the property of the Producers and will not be returned to you, whether or not you are selected as a contestant.

Applications will only be considered if they are complete. Completed applications consist of the following:

Completed application form (including the signed name and likeness release).
FIVE-minute videotaped labeled clearly with your NAME, CITY, AGE, and PHONE NUMBERS.
2 color pictures: a head shot and a body shot.

*If you cannot attend a casting call, send your completed application and videotape to the following address:

REALITY CHECK CASTING

C/o SHAWN CREECH, casting coordinator
PO Box 397
Decatur, GA 30031

DEADLINE: We will not review any applications received after APRIL 30TH!

SEMI-FINAL INTERVIEWS: If we like what we see, we will call you back in Mid-May.

DATE OF PRODUCTION: Scheduled for late-May, early-June

1. PERSONAL INFORMATION

First Name: ______________________________________

Last Name:______________________________________

Nickname (if any): _________________________________

Street Address: ___________________________________

City: ________________ State: ______ Zip: _________

Phone Number (home): _______________ (work): ________________

Fax Number: ______________________ E-Mail: _______________________

Gender (please circle): M / F

Marital Status / Significant Other: Single:? Widowed:?

Married:? If so, how many times? _____ Divorced:? If so, how many times? _____

Boyfriend/Girlfriend: ?

If you have children, please list their names and ages (please list any step children too):

What is your current occupation?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is your level of education and what school(s) did you attend?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name three of your favorite hobbies.

Have you been treated for any serious physical or mental illness(es) within the last three years?
YES / NO
If yes, please describe in detail, citing dates, diagnosis and any on-going problems:

Please list any allergies you have (medications, food, hay fever, dust, etc.) and your current treatment for them:

List three adjectives that best describe you:

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of?

What is your favorite movie?

What is your favorite music to listen to?

To which other reality shows, if any, have you applied?

Have you ever been on TV? If so, list the shows and the time periods.

Do you have any body art (piercing, tattoo, etc. )? If so, please describe:

What is your favorite sport?

Who is your hero and why?

Do you know anyone involved in another Triple – J Production show? If so, who? And what’s your relationship?

Do you know anyone else applying to be a part of REALITY CHECK? If so, who and relationship?

Have you ever been arrested? If so, what was the charge(s) and were you convicted?

What about you will prove to us that you are physically and mentally capable of spending 2 weeks in a completely isolated location? Prove to us that you won’t give up!

What kind of people do you get along with the best? Hint: do NOT say you get along with everyone; it’s both boring and false!

What kind of people do you get along with the least?

What is the main reason you are applying to be a contestant on REALITY CHECK? Circle only one

COMPETITION EXPERIENCE

CHANCE TO BE ON TV I’M A REALITY TV JUNKIE

Why do you believe that you could win on REALITY CHECK?

If so, are there any time periods in which you would not be available?

Is there any time at all this summer that you will NOT be able to participate in this adventure series, beginning in May?

Please read, sign and date the following statement:

I hereby acknowledge that: (I) I have read, and I meet and agree to be bound by, the eligibility requirements; (ii) I have answered the previous questions honestly and accurately; (iii) if any of the above information is found to be false, this will be grounds for my dismissal from the REALITY CHECK contestant selection process, and/or from the REALITY CHECK Program, if selected; (iv) even if I meet the eligibility requirements, the Producers have no obligation to interview me, and/or select me as a contestant; (v) even if I am selected as a contestant, Producers have no obligation to produce the Program and if produced (vi) all decisions by Producers concerning selection of the contestants is final and not subject to challenge or appeal.

Signature: _________________________________________________

Date:____________________________________________________

PLEASE SIGN AND DATE THE FOLLOWING NAME AND LIKENESS RELEASE.
By submitting this application I hereby consent to the recording, use and reuse by the Producers of the Program (defined below) and any of their respective licensees, assigns, parents, subsidiaries, divisions, business units, or affiliated entities and each of their respective employees, agents, officers and directors (collectively "Releases") of my voice, actions, likeness, name, appearance and biographical material (collectively "Likeness") in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, worldwide, in perpetuity, in or in connection with the reality based television series currently entitled REALITY CHECK (the "Program"). I agree that Releases may use all or any part of my Likeness, and may alter or modify it, regardless of whether or not I am recognizable. I further agree that Releases exclusively own all right, title, and interest in and to the application video that I have provided in connection with the Program (the "Video") and all rights therein and thereto including, without limitation, the right to use the Video and my Likeness in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, worldwide, in perpetuity. I further agree that Releases may use my Likeness and the Video in connection with any promotion, publicity, marketing or advertisement for the Program in any manner whatsoever. I grant the rights hereunder whether or not I am selected to participate in the Program. I release Releases from any and all liability arising out of its use of my Likeness and/or the Video. I agree not to make any claim against Releases as a result of the recording or use of my Likeness and/or the Video (including, without limitation, any claim that such use invades any right or privacy and/or publicity).

This agreement shall be deemed to be entered, governed by, and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of South Carolina applicable to agreements executed and fully carried out within South Carolina. I acknowledge that no other party, nor any agent or attorney of any other party, has made any promise, representation or warranty whatsoever, express or implied, not contained herein concerning the subject matter hereof, to induce me to execute this document, and I acknowledge that I have not executed this instrument in reliance on any such promise, representation, or warranty not contained herein. Any waiver by the Producers of any term of this agreement in a particular instance shall not be a waiver of such term for the future. I agree that the invalidity or enforceability of any part of this agreement shall in no way affect the validity or enforceability of any of the remainder of this agreement.

I have signed this release on the _________ day of__________________________, 200______

Signature_______________________________________________________________

Name (Please print or type)

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")