URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 4223
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"S7 - EP4 East Coast Update Thread "

Posted by IceCat on 10-16-03 at 07:02 PM
Keep the spoiling here or on the preview vidcaps thread until the West Coasters have a chance to see the episode!

Thanks!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"I started it early..."
Posted by IceCat on 10-16-03 at 07:04 PM
... for those people who get the Nova Scotia satellite feed.

Actually, we've had bad wind storms this week with accompanying power failures and I though it prudent to get the thread up and running while I could.

"RE: I started it early..."
Posted by flower on 10-16-03 at 07:33 PM
My first post
If any WestCoasters would like to watch Survivor on the Internet there is a link you can go to MMS://199.218.4.68/10TVLIVE
mine comes up on Windows Media Player. I always have to work when it's on so this is nice.

Posted by naashe on 10-16-03 at 07:59 PM
How cool!!! Thanks so much

"Wow, thanks!!"
Posted by Blow by Blow on 10-16-03 at 08:00 PM
That's too cool for school! Now I'm guaranteed to see at least five minutes of the show each week. Thank you, thank you.
-P

Posted by Acawap on 10-16-03 at 08:02 PM
flower -- this may be the best spoiler post ever! I get to watch it 3 hours before my neighbors! HA! thanks!

Posted by LookeeLoo on 10-16-03 at 09:07 PM
Way too cool. Thank you flower.

Posted by flower on 10-16-03 at 08:08 PM
Isn't this the coolest!!!
I leave the message board on one side and the screen on the other side...just too much fun to do this!!

"Aw Crap!"
Posted by IceCat on 10-16-03 at 08:21 PM
I had Morgan for both challenges on my Spoiler Island picks. I changed the RC to Drake because of the ACME picks. Damn!

"RE: Aw Crap!"
Posted by mistofleas on 10-16-03 at 08:39 PM
Christa downed her smoothie with absolutely no problem, and Jeff said "Way to go...freak!".

Too funny.

But dammit, dammit, I had Drake winning IC. Sandra almost had it but she kept spitting up tthe sardines (which personally I can't blame her..yuck!)

--hates sardines more than pelicans

Posted by Wheezy on 10-16-03 at 08:51 PM

pelicans hate sardines?

WHEEZE

oops, I meant to say I hate Jon

Posted by mistofleas on 10-16-03 at 09:01 PM
oops, I meant to say I hate Jon

And what I meant to say is Andrew is an ass

--tells EPMB to go ahead and try to make Andrew seem all nice and like a good leader, cuz she doesn't buy it for a minute...he's an ass

"Just one more reason to HEART Rupert....."
Posted by MandyM on 10-16-03 at 08:23 PM
Even though HE won the reward challenge for Morgan, he returned to Drake without enjoying it. RUPERT ROCKS!

MM Why do we kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?

"RE: Just one more reason to HEART Rupert....."
Posted by flower on 10-16-03 at 08:30 PM
Rupert is just the best!!! Glad he gave them more food !!

"OK who said"
Posted by moonbaby on 10-16-03 at 09:03 PM
"Awwww" when Rupert turned right around and said he wanted to go home? Have I said before how I LOOOOOOVE this man?

And oh, yeah, Jon still MUST GO!

"I did, I did!"
Posted by mistofleas on 10-16-03 at 09:08 PM
I've loved Rupert from the first 2 minutes of the show but when Jeff gave him the option of sharing the reward or going back to Drake and Ruppie just walked over to Drake with not a moments hesitation, I just loved him even more. And then when he turned to Morgan and said "I love you guys, but I just wanna go home..." gods, it was so sweet!

If anyone hurts my little sweetie, they're gonna have to deal with me!

--will take the rest of her Ruppie love to Fanatics

"Me too..."
Posted by IceCat on 10-16-03 at 09:12 PM
... but I immediately changed it into a manly and pirately 'a-harrrrr'!

"RE: Me too..."
Posted by mistofleas on 10-16-03 at 09:14 PM
Are you sure it wasn't more like a "arg-er-purrr"?

--knows Ice is a softy at heart

"Argepur?"
Posted by IceCat on 10-16-03 at 09:19 PM
Lovely little place...

In the Chittoor district of Andhra Pradesh if I'm not mistaken...

<is suddenly in desperate need of some butter chicken, peas rice, and nan bread>

"To make IceCat jealous..."
Posted by mistofleas on 10-16-03 at 09:22 PM
I had Malai Kofta with naan tonight for supper!

I say this in the nicest way...

Neener, neener, neener!

--loves Indian food

"Recites an ancient cat curse..."
Posted by IceCat on 10-16-03 at 09:25 PM
... in the nicest way, of course!

"RE: Recites an ancient cat curse..."
Posted by mistofleas on 10-16-03 at 09:28 PM
All I'm hearing is this ringing in my ears that sounds like:

Meoooow....meoww, rwoorl...meow..."

--scritches Icey behind the ears

"Don't forget the "
Posted by moonbaby on 10-16-03 at 09:23 PM
chutney. Mango chutney. Mmm!

"Then... let there be..."
Posted by IceCat on 10-16-03 at 09:30 PM
Vindaloooooooo!

"Ok Ok enough with the food talk"
Posted by Drive My Car on 10-16-03 at 10:12 PM
give me something I can steal for my Summary

( just figures that I would get the Puke episode and you witty peeps are talking about Food)

"RE: Ok Ok enough with the food talk"
Posted by mistofleas on 10-16-03 at 10:21 PM
Sorry bug-a-boo!

--will try to be more helpful in the future

"Morgan wins reward"
Posted by PhoenixMons on 10-16-03 at 08:24 PM
Reward = portable shower, shampoo, loofahs, etc.

Challenge = paddle out to pick up rungs for a ladder. Ladder will be put together by tribe while one memeber goes into jungle to get a gold "idol" out of a well. Andrew goes for MOrgan, Michelle for Drake. No contest, Drake is still in water when Morgan is finished with their ladder.

Drake SUCKED at steering the boat. Hello...alternating paddles on either side.

Rupert chooses to skip reward to go home to Drake

"RE: Morgan wins reward"
Posted by Acawap on 10-16-03 at 08:30 PM
Rupert caught a snake!

"RE: Morgan wins reward"
Posted by Kneezy on 10-16-03 at 09:24 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-16-03 AT 09:26 PM (EST)

It really wasn't the entire Drake tribe that sucked at RC. Jon suddenly decided to change his name to Jonny SteerRudder, 'cause hey, he DOESN'T steer with the rudder!

"Morgan wins"
Posted by dabo on 10-17-03 at 11:34 AM
Actually, what Jon did with the rudder is a legitimate way to propel a boat in the water. But it seemed that he did it in desperation rather than from actual knowledge of boating.

And welcome to Blows, flower! Great first post.

"Me and my snake?"
Posted by IceCat on 10-16-03 at 08:31 PM
Rupert finds an injured sbake and takes it to the IC with him. Says he's going to cal it 'Balboa' and it will be the tribe mascot. Next episode title is 'Me and My Snake'. Do Rupert and his snake figure large in EP6?

"RE: Me and my snake?"
Posted by fishtank on 10-16-03 at 09:20 PM
Can someone see if they can get a cap of the snake. Am I mistaken or did it have a triangle shaped head - ala a poisonous pit viper. Aren't most sea snakes poisonous? Would the producers stop them from making a pet out of a poisonous snake?

Posted by mistofleas on 10-16-03 at 09:24 PM
I think that a la the pelican, if in fact the snake were poisonous they would have stopped him from not only handling the snake but bringing it to the IC as well.

But then again, having a morbid fear of snakes, I closed my eyes during all of the snake shots.

--hates snakes more than pelicans

Posted by Drive My Car on 10-16-03 at 10:18 PM
Pelicans hate snakes?

oops, meant to say, I hate Jon

Posted by mistofleas on 10-16-03 at 10:24 PM
You're killin' me bug!

--hates Jon, snakes, Andrew AND pelicans

"Is that"
Posted by Drive My Car on 10-16-03 at 10:44 PM
a Pelican in yer pants or are you just happy to see me?

Posted by I_AM_HE on 10-16-03 at 10:27 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-16-03 AT 10:27 PM (EST)

edit cause buggy beat me

Posted by Drive My Car on 10-16-03 at 10:45 PM
I'll deny it.
Do you have witnesses?

"Me and My Snake"
Posted by rose on 10-16-03 at 08:33 PM
Rupert and his Literal, not figurative Snake..

Does not bode well for next week for Rupie..

"Michelle didn't follow strategy..."
Posted by IceCat on 10-16-03 at 08:35 PM
Michelle was supposed to act all girly and finicky so that they would pick her for the tie breaker. She started off doing that but then forgot and downed her shake in record time. Christa and Jon are shaking their heads at Michelle's loss of concentration.

This will be why Drake loses and why Michelle gets the boot...

Morgan picked Sandra for the tie breaker... stupid move Michelle!

"RE: Michelle didn't follow strategy..."
Posted by MandyM on 10-16-03 at 08:39 PM
YEP! I thought the same thing ICEY! What a dumb chick! To beat out one of the stronger members of the other tribe in sucking that nasty concoction down..........DUH! Paint that target on your back a little brighter, Michelle!

MM Why do we kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?

"RE: Michelle didn't follow strategy..."
Posted by mistofleas on 10-16-03 at 08:41 PM
What the heck was up with Michelle? She acted all girly in the beginning and when Jeff was making the drink but then just slammed the sucker.

Stoopid.

"She deserved every vote"
Posted by moonbaby on 10-16-03 at 09:06 PM
for not going along with the plan.

Wait, that was Jon's plan? Nevermind

"ACK!"
Posted by PhoenixMons on 10-16-03 at 08:41 PM
Morgan wins IC

Sandra battles Darrah in final timed shake showdown and they have to eat some sort of fish (sardine?) as well. Darrah wins, Drake goes to TC.

What is up, Michelle? YOu do realize that unless there is some totally cosmic change of events, you just sealed your fate...why on earth did you down your shake? Bad, bad move.

"RE: ACK!"
Posted by flower on 10-16-03 at 08:52 PM
What on earth made Michelle do that in the reward challenge???Maybe she just forgot about what she was suppossed to do?? I felt bad for her tho.

"Michelle is gone!"
Posted by PhoenixMons on 10-16-03 at 08:52 PM
OMH! Well, I'm done for in LionChow's Anti-Bootee game

"Back to Basics?"
Posted by Mon Cherie on 10-16-03 at 08:59 PM
Did we overspoil this one? We didn't take the vidcaps at face value, assuming misdirection. MB got us again!!!

Mon

Another Fantabulous IceCat Creation

"Jon's Vote"
Posted by Kneezy on 10-16-03 at 09:04 PM
What the heck did that "VT" in the corner of Jon's voting slip mean?

Also, did you notice that once again Jon's vote wasn't shown to the rest of the tribe? Maybe the producers don't want them to see these little messages and ruin the anonymity of it all.

"Yes, what is that?"
Posted by moonbaby on 10-16-03 at 09:08 PM
Wrestler initials? States? Messages to the mother ship?

"RE: Yes, what is that?"
Posted by railfan on 10-16-03 at 09:10 PM
Jon and Michelle both went to Virginia Tech.

Posted by Kneezy on 10-16-03 at 09:15 PM
Oooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Right, I forgot everything in the bios. Thanks!

Posted by rose on 10-16-03 at 09:57 PM
"Messages to the mother ship?" hahahahahahahahah Too funny moonbaby. This man is a pimple on the face of humanity. I can't stand him!!!!!! He needs to call that damned mothership to get him off my TV!! ugh.

would like to join misto in the Jon-hater club. ass. ass. ass.

"RE: Jon's Vote"
Posted by Oscirus on 10-16-03 at 09:54 PM
Hey at least we learned what the fingers stand for now

"VT"
Posted by bobstew617 on 10-16-03 at 10:13 PM
I believe it has been discussed that both Jon (EWWWW!!) and Michelle went to VIRGINIA TECH, which is also MY alma mater. It really SUCKS that I share this with a sleazebag like Jon!!

GO HOKIES!

"RE: S7 - EP4 East Coast Update Thread "
Posted by Oscirus on 10-16-03 at 09:06 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-16-03 AT 09:10 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 10-16-03 AT 09:08 PM (EST)

that makes 3 out of 5 people who pretty much worked themselves into getting booted off with drake batting 1.000. way to go michelle thats the way to act squeamish.

edited to add looks like we know who the episode 6 title is referring to

"Pelican week in Ep 6"
Posted by railfan on 10-16-03 at 09:08 PM
I foresee lots of pelican in the vidcaps!

"RE: Pelican week in Ep 6"
Posted by Nash on 10-16-03 at 09:09 PM
Help please can any one tell me who had Last Confessional.

Posted by Oscirus on 10-16-03 at 09:12 PM
Im pretty sure it was rupert.

Posted by Nash on 10-16-03 at 09:14 PM
Thank you

"I missed the preview"
Posted by moonbaby on 10-16-03 at 09:09 PM
trying to watch baseball at the same time. I saw Sandra and Jon mouthing off again, that was about it.

"RE: I missed the preview"
Posted by mistofleas on 10-16-03 at 09:12 PM
Morgan gets attacked by a pelican (or many pelicans, they're sneaky like weasels that way...). Osten the nature lover *NOT* is getting chased around by one too.

Too funny, I hope it bites him in the ass. Have I mentioned I hate pelicans?

--hates pelicans

Posted by I_AM_HE on 10-16-03 at 10:30 PM
but do you hate Osten more than pelicans?

Posted by mistofleas on 10-16-03 at 10:34 PM
That's a tough one He. Hmmm...

Can I think on it?

--now must decide between Osten, pelicans, Andrew and Jon as to which to focus her hate (since she's not a hater in the first place)

Posted by mistofleas on 10-16-03 at 09:10 PM
Burnet is doing a pelican episode just to spite me. I just know it.

Bastard.

--can just imagine all the pelican talk this week and isn't looking forward to it

"Xtreme Blonde's Post..."
Posted by IceCat on 10-16-03 at 09:24 PM
Obviously, after having viewed tonight's ep- "me and my snake" must refer to Rupert and the "new edition to the Drake tribe".
I am now wondering about Rupert's standing after merge. After tonight's ep, his standing after merge looks great. He seems to have both the Morgan and Drake tribe's in his pocket. Is this warmth he seems to have with both tribe's enough to overcome the physical advantage he obviously has over all those involved? I understand why he wanted to show the Drake tribe how valuable he was to them by helping Morgan win a reward- but doesn't this also prove that he is by far the most physically threatening player in the game?

I also wonder what his amount of air-time means?? He seems to be the central character of nearly every ep. Does this mean he is definitely not the sole survivor? Or has Survivor learned after disappointing finale's such as Vecepia's win. Vecepia who?? I mean, is it just me, or has Rupert garnered the most time per ep? Maybe he is the only character that is truly interesting.

Anyways....
Just waiting around for another Big Tom (Africa). Never has there been a Survivor that made me laugh so hard or really want to tune in so I would know what he was up to next. Just my two cents.

Xtreme Blonde

"RE: Xtreme Blonde's Post..."
Posted by mistofleas on 10-16-03 at 09:26 PM
You read my mind! I was just emailing you to ask you to do that.

You're so good.

But then again, you knew that didn't cha? *smooch*

--is having an IceCat crush moment

"RE: Xtreme Blonde's Post..."
Posted by Xtremeblonde on 10-16-03 at 09:31 PM
My apologies. Do not post often enough to realize the protocol for post-ep. Will post on East Coast spoiler thread for now on post-ep. Thanks for correctly posting my comment.

Xtremeblonde

Posted by Oscirus on 10-16-03 at 09:26 PM
you know tempers were really flaring about that shower too
what kind of nonsense are they posting over there at cbs

Posted by zzz on 10-16-03 at 09:31 PM
>you know tempers were really flaring
>about that shower too
>what kind of nonsense are they
>posting over there at cbs
>

This is far from the first time the previews from CBS were completely erroneous. Why do you think so many call it SeeBS?

Posted by zzz on 10-16-03 at 09:30 PM
I'm not sure if this really means much, but during the previews for next episode we saw NOTHING of any challenge. Is this because the challenges starting next episode are with the "ghost tribe" and showing previews would give that away? We will know more as the week goes on if they never have any previews showing challenges (or if they do), but it seemed to me that it might be notable.

As far as that pelican is concerned, they should just bash its head like rumor has it Rupert (and I think Christa) did, although we never saw it. Morgan is just too squimish. Take an oar from the boat and crack that bird (even if they cannot eat it).

"Me and my snake" seems now to refer to Rupert and Balboa (as well as perhaps Jon and Shawn--MB likes double meanings). You sometimes wonder if there is anyone else playing Survivor other than Rupert. He gets most of the screen time. When he is eventually voted off (as I assume he will be soon), the show will seem rather empty without him.

By the way--Andrew saying after the reward that the tribe proved it could win challenges, he is really dillusional. They won immunity because Drake threw it, and they won reward because they had Rupert. With Rupert playing for Drake, Morgan probably would have lost big time (although Jon's lack of understanding of the purpose of a rudder may have hurt Drake even with Rupert). They won the second immunity because it essentially became a one-on-one competition rather than group. Morgan still looks pathetic to me.

"I'm Lost"
Posted by Drive My Car on 10-16-03 at 10:38 PM
Forgive me if I seem dense, I am not doing the Spoiler thing this season ( having more fun watching blind, but I know how much fun the Spoiling Board can be)
This " Ghost Tribe" is that anything like the 3rd Tribe theorys we had for every Survivor from 3 to 6?

Just asking, because these wild things never seem to mkae sense to " Average Viewer" ( which is how I have been trying to watch) and isn't that the target audience?

Like I said, I have limited myself to the East Coast Thread on this board, and you guys may know more, but seems like a pretty out there twist

"Rupert gives Andrew rice"
Posted by zorrosurvives on 10-16-03 at 09:32 PM
When Rupert comes back, he tells the tribe that Morgan has only a little rice and beans, enough for about 2 days. After the Moron tribe wins the Reward Challenge, Andrew Savage (they are calling him "Savage" now) comes over to loot the Drake tribe. Drake has a large container (looks like a big, plastic water container) half full of rice. Rupert gives Andrew more rice than he asked for. Andrew is grateful. Rupert keeps hugging Andrew in front of the other Drake members, which doesn't look good for Rupe.

One of the Drake girl's asks Rupert incredulously, "you showed them how to use a spear?" This didn't look good for Rupert either.

Before Rupert returns, Sandra and another girl (Trish?) are talking about food, and mention that they still have a can of spam. The girls decide to wait until Rupert comes back to eat it.

"next time on survivor"
Posted by cqvenus on 10-16-03 at 09:56 PM
the pelican attacks the morgan tribe, so they kill it! yes! finally, we make use of good spoiler info we've had since day one!!!

- *waves* to misto and brownroach

"RE: next time on survivor"
Posted by mistofleas on 10-16-03 at 10:30 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-16-03 AT 10:30 PM (EST)

the pelican attacks the morgan tribe, so they kill it! yes! finally, we make use of good spoiler info we've had since day one!!!

Oh, I'll get you for that CQ!

- *waves* to misto and brownroach

*waves back* Hija sweetie!

--will die a thousand deaths if Morgan kills and tries to eat the pelican

edited because she swooped #69 in an OT kinda way

"YAY"
Posted by Drive My Car on 10-16-03 at 10:41 PM
*applauds Misto *
( in an OT kinda way)

who is going to chat?

Posted by Laurieish on 10-16-03 at 09:59 PM
I can see how Rupert may be alienating himself from the tribe.

For one thing, there was his irritated tirade at TC. I think he is becoming too full of himself. He is in the 'in' crowd the same way Burton thought he was.

Also at TC when the camera panned between Shawn and Michelle as the two people up for chopping Trish and Shawn exchanged a glance. When did they become a possible alliance item?

-Laurie

"Missed the show....can I get an overview"
Posted by bergdogg on 10-16-03 at 10:26 PM
I would greatly appreciate if you gave me what happened ie vote totals, who voted for who, and other information that wasn't covered in this thread.

Thanks,
bergdogg.

Minnesota sports: Proving the underdogs can truly succeed!!!

"RE: Missed the show....can I get an overview"
Posted by Kokoro on 10-16-03 at 10:50 PM
Michelle votes for Shawn.
Everyone else votes for Michelle.

Posted by Kokoro on 10-16-03 at 10:47 PM
So is anyone else thinking because of that long blatant scene between Rupert and Michelle that the merge isn't coming when they think it is?

Posted by Loree on 10-17-03 at 11:37 AM
Yes, and Andrew (or Savage) mentioned being part of their team in a handful of days. Everyone keeps referring to the merge. Makes you wonder...

And Rupert proclaiming that everyone knows the winner will come from the Drake tribe. Or really?