URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID20
Thread Number: 4214
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Okay Canadian peeps, no more excuses"

Posted by byoffer on 12-05-12 at 09:47 AM
No more saying "I could be great on that show if it ever came to Canada."

Time to get those audition tapes ready.

Interesting that the first version of the race will stay within Canada, though they have hinted that if that version is successful future races will be international.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Okay Canadian peeps, no more excuses"
Posted by Max Headroom on 12-05-12 at 09:56 AM
Maybe they can skywalk at the top of the CN Tower? Or have a poutine-eating challenge? Or run the luge course at Olympic Park in Calgary? This is a show I'll watch if it's available in the US.

Posted by byoffer on 12-05-12 at 06:19 PM
My guess is it will cover all parts of Canada, from east to west and certainly to the north (I note they said coast to coast to coast in the blurb). East coast will involve kissing a cod and hopefully trying to understand a Newfoundlander without subtitles. North will likely involve sled dogs at a minimum. West coast has the mountains, so maybe something in the snow?

I wonder how much flying vs trains vs driving they will do. And being Canadians traveling at home there will have to be some controls to prevent teams from getting help from family/friends. (even a payphone call to a loved one on the computer could really help).

Should be interesting though!

Posted by Earl Colby Pottinger on 12-06-12 at 04:15 AM
Yep, for ten years I have been asking for this, and they only bring it out after the only girlfriend I ever had who loved TAR broke up with me.

Will they except an ex-couple who only want to run the race.

What am I saying, Leonie was scared of too many things, Sonya has a bad back and my niece Kathy promised to race with her father if the race came to Canada.

WHY DID THEY NOT DO THIS FIVE YEARS AGO?????

Posted by featherfish81 on 12-08-12 at 02:47 AM
I'm sure they'd accept an ex-couple. You're considering getting back together again and want to use the race as a test to see if you really are a good match. Practically sells itself.

Posted by Earl Colby Pottinger on 12-09-12 at 07:51 PM
No, we know we are a bad match.

Ex-ex-girlfriend loves to travel and will try anything that will not hurt her bad back, but within a week of each other's presence we start snapping at each other. I give her 5-7 legs before one of us kills the other.

Ex-girlfriend is the one I am still in love with but she is scared of everything - frog, lizards, snakes, bugs, heights, things fall towards her, strange sounds, strange people. She will quit before leg 4.

Niece, lovely girl with all the right skills but her heart belongs to running the race with Daddy (my brother). Ugh.

Posted by featherfish81 on 12-09-12 at 09:46 PM
Oh, I didn't mean you actually had to be thinking about getting back together, just long enough for the race. But if you would only last 7 legs that might not be a good idea after all.

Posted by qwertypie on 12-12-12 at 12:16 PM
If you sell it as a train wreck waiting to happen, you will be cast for sure!

Posted by Earl Colby Pottinger on 12-14-12 at 01:40 PM
Now I only have to convince one of the EXes to agree.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 12-09-12 at 02:23 PM
I've already talked to my brother about doing this! He's the perfect partner with the right skill set to complement my own skill set. Too bad it isn't international where my brother's strengths would be amplified even more with his years spent living in Slovakia and frequent travels around the world (he spent a year on 'Semester At Sea').

Posted by qwertypie on 12-12-12 at 12:16 PM
OOOOOH Please apply -- that would be so cool!

Posted by Starshine on 12-12-12 at 12:22 PM
Yay! Le Pews vs The Qwertys!