URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID20
Thread Number: 4202
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"TAR Lvoe List 21.7"

Posted by kidflash212 on 11-12-12 at 04:11 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-12-12 AT 04:13 PM (EST)

Passport Wizard, There Has to be a Twist

With six teams left, the racers left Istanbul, Turkey and headed to Moscow, Russia. To get there, teams faced some airport drama with Abby & Ryan and The Beekman Boys getting the worst of it. Their delayed flight missed their connecting flight to Moscow and they wind up far behind the other teams.

Once in Moscow headed to Zurab Tsereteli Sculpture Park which looked like a place I'd like to visit someday. There they picked up a clue directing them to Moskvoretsy Most (no relation to Donny) to find Ivan the Terrible's guards (I suppose if your nickname is The Terrible, you'd need guards) who handed them their next clue.

Detour, Synchronize or Alphabetize. Either learn a synchronized swimming routine well enough for the judge or find four books in a huge library using the Cyrillic Alphabet which looks something like this:

А Б В Г Д Е Ж Ѕ Z З И І К Л М Н О П Р С Т Ȣ Ѹ
Ф Х Ѿ Ц Ч Ш Щ Ъ Ы Ь Ѣ Ꙗ Ѥ Ю Ѧ Ѫ Ѩ Ѭ Ѡ Ѻ Ѯ Ѱ Ѳ Ѵ

The Chippendales and The Twins headed for synchronized swimming while James & Abba and Trey & Lexi headed to the library. The other two teams are stuck in an airport in Germany. That's two episodes in a row that tasks were designed to get the Chippendales out of their clothes. Thank you, Elise Doganieri.

James & Abba give up on the Alphabetize task while Trey & Lexi finish quickly and head to the Luzhkov Most to find the Trees of Love (Trey getting more uncomfortable by the minute as ring hungry Lexi keeps making marriage comments). It's about this time that Abby & Ryan and the Beekman Boys arrive in Moscow. The Chippendales and The Twins finally perform well enough for the judge and head to the Trees of Love. It takes James & Abba a little longer.

After untangling and unlocking a ribbon from the Trees of Love, racers get a ruble which shows the Bolshoi Theatre, the Pit Stop for this leg of the Race won for the second leg in a row by Trey & Lexi.

Check out beau30's stats for last weeks results!

On to this weeks Lvoe List:

1)Jaymes & James - Finally got their act together and placed well coming in second. They seem to enjoy the race and never argue.

2)Trey & Lexi - Good leg, but don't get cocky kids. Team is still owed some bad karma for participating in stealing another teams money last leg.

3)James & Abba - Sleep deprivation and poor nutrition seem to be taking a greater toll on this team than the others. Last week it was losing money, this week losing their bags with their passports.

4)Josh & Brent - Decent people, poor racers.

5)Abby & Ryan - ready to give up because of a bad airport break. We received a break from his arrogance this week. Don't know what to make of their decision to wait at the synchronized swimming task for the Beekman Boys. On the face of it, it seems a nice thing to do but this is a race and you are the last two teams (they couldn't have known about James & Abba passports), waiting for them could cost you the race.

6)Natalie & Nadiya - Just don't like them and with the Express Pass, they are not likely to be going soon.

Philiminated - Nobody yet as this is a to be continued episode.

Capn2patch put me in motion!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: TAR Lvoe List 21.7"
Posted by emydi on 11-12-12 at 05:00 PM
1)Jaymes & James - omh another task with shirtless Ja*y*meses

2)Josh & Brent - I like them but I too think they are not long for this game...

3)Abby & Ryan - they were decent this week

4)Trey & Lexi - meh she's getting annoying

5)James & Abba - They drop bc of the BIG mistake. even though I think they will find their stuff... And how hard could the library task have been if T&L got it UT isn't exactly Ivy league...isn't there a Cyrillic alphabet listed somewhere in the library? maybe even the card catalog itself?

6)Natalie & Nadiya - won't get out of cellar after their stealing last week...why didn't James just stay quiet and let them use their EP on a week they didn't need to

Posted by Max Headroom on 11-12-12 at 05:02 PM
Channeling my inner Estee, I hate all of these teams.

Like:
1. James & Abba - Soldiering on despite setbacks, some of which are self-inflicted, but at least they haven't offended me.

Meh:
2. Josh & Brent - Nice guys with a good relationship, but they can't race worth a darn.
3. Trey & Lexi - Too much following, plus they're tainted by taking half of the stolen cash.
4. Abbie & Ryan - Not as arrogant after their massive airport failure; we'll see how long they wait for Josh & Brent.
5. Jaymes & James - Did a little better this leg but these two are surprisingly incompetent.

Don't like:
6. Team Earbleeder Twinnie - Please shut up and go home.

Posted by Belle Book on 11-12-12 at 08:11 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-13-12 AT 01:27 PM (EST)

Here is my ranking of them:

1. Trey & Lexie -- really coming on strong. Just don't get too cocky, guys!

2. Jaymes & James -- much more competent this time!

3. Josh & Brent -- that was a risk they shouldn't have taken, although I doubt they could have anticipated a delayed flight.

4. James & Abba -- have to slap them for not having their passports in their fanny packs! However, they're still nice.

5. Abbie & Ryan -- I'm giving them a break only because they were nice enough to stay with Josh & Brent.

6. Natalie & Nadiya -- have to put them in last this time.

Posted by altpeach on 11-13-12 at 01:53 PM
1.Jaymes/James- Enjoying the race, no griping or whining. Just incompetent.

2. James/Abba- Get it together guys. Always keep your passport taped no super-glued (industrial strength) to your hearts, or at least in your fanny packs.

3. Josh/Brent- Likeable but not good racers at all. By now we should all know before coming on the race, take swimming lessons and learn how to drive a stick shift.

4. Trey/Lexi- He is tolerable, she's...whatever...And you still participated in the thievery (if that's even a word).

5. tie Abby/Ryan- Yes, you stayed with the boys but you know you can take them in a foot race so that nullifies everything.

5. tie Nat/Nad- You are still thieves. That alone ruined you.

Posted by TARFAN76 on 11-13-12 at 03:28 PM
1. Jaymes/James - Jaymes' infectious joy is really winning me over. I just wish he had not been nice enough (and foolish enough) to encourage the twins to hang onto that stinking express pass.
2. James/Abba - I really like them but they are careless! Money and passports are kind of important.
3. Josh/Brent - Why would you choose a flight by flipping a coin?
4. Trey/Lexi - Hey, way to rock the library! Still wish you hadn't been associated with the evil deed perpetrated by the evil twins.
5. Ryan/Abby - Something must have led them to suggest "doing the rest of the leg together" but I bet it was KILLING Ryan to sit and wait for the boys to finish swimming. ;o)
6. Twinnies - what goes around comes around.

Posted by beau_30 on 11-14-12 at 07:36 PM
1) James/Abba - Even though they lost their stuff, they are still staying calm about it. That's how it should be done.

2) James/Jaymes - Getting their stride now

3) Trey/Lexie - Get away from Twinnies and run your own race

4) Josh/Brent - Not so good racers, but really nice people

5) Ryan/Abby - Really nice of Ryan to race with the other team

6) The Twinnies - Something about them just irks me now.

Posted by louislam on 11-18-12 at 02:33 PM
1. Abbie/Ryan (1)
2. Jaymes/James (2)
3. Josh/Brent (4)
4. James/Abba (3)
5. Trey/Lexi (5)
6. Nadiya & Natalie (6)

The Amazing Race Fan from Hong Kong!

Posted by beau_30 on 11-18-12 at 09:03 PM
So Now James/Jaymes has taken a lead with James/Abba taking a second with Josh/Brent sneaking up to Third...

Trey/Lexie drop to 4th of the Money Incident and Well The other two are pretty much stuck in 5th and Sixth with Ryan/Abby and Natalie/Nadiya but a margin of 2 points so let's see how this weeks turns out.

Posted by fredchirsty on 11-19-12 at 08:10 AM
In The Amazing Race this is a wonderful chart by all the users in this thread...

A nice estimation about all the races...