URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID88
Thread Number: 420
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"9/6 Result show"

Posted by arkiegrl on 09-06-06 at 08:01 PM
Let's keep discussion of tonight's result show here, please.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: 9/6 Result show"
Posted by arkiegrl on 09-06-06 at 08:10 PM
Magni doing SuperNova song "It's all Love"

Posted by CattyChat on 09-06-06 at 08:13 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-06-06 AT 08:14 PM (EST)

I knew Magni would get the SN song over Storm. It was just meh for me. Not into any of the SN songs so far.

Posted by Snidget on 09-06-06 at 08:14 PM
This is the first of the SN songs I would listen to more than once.

But I seem to have lousy taste in music...so I don't know that means much.

Posted by arkiegrl on 09-06-06 at 08:17 PM
I wasn't overwhelmed by this. I don't know if it was the song or if it was Magni doing the song, but I wasn't digging it.

Posted by cycles2k on 09-06-06 at 11:17 PM
I'm late to the party today. I Forgot to set the DVR to tape the East Coast feed and I was home late. I had to wait for the West coast feed. It was a long wait.

I thought this was a pretty catchy tune and Magni's vocals were just fine. I still cannot put my finger on why his stage presence is not as good as some of the others.

Posted by Glow on 09-07-06 at 07:55 AM
The song was fine. His vocals were great. There was no chemistry there though.

Posted by TanNymph on 09-07-06 at 09:11 AM
My eight year old summed it up nicely. He said " I thought they were rock?". I said yeah, me too. I thought it was very pop, not at all what I'd expect from SN.

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 09-07-06 at 10:23 AM
>My eight year old summed it
>up nicely. He
>said " I thought they
>were rock?". I
>said yeah, me too.
> I thought it was
>very pop, not at all
>what I'd expect from SN.
>

That was rock. There was nothing 'pop' about that song. Just because the song wasn't HARD doesn't mean it is not rock.

Posted by TanNymph on 09-07-06 at 11:19 AM
Guess that makes it soft rock then doesn't it? I stand corrected, but I still didn't like it.

Posted by CattyChat on 09-06-06 at 08:16 PM
Shameless Honda plug. And the anchor & Honda Element goes to ???? *Ryan Sechrest voice* After the break! Tonight is too AI-like for my taste.

Posted by arkiegrl on 09-06-06 at 08:20 PM
And the "anchor" goes to Toby!

Posted by CattyChat on 09-06-06 at 08:23 PM
I'm 2 for 2 with my predictions for tonight . . . To by gets the anchor & acknowledges Croc Hunter (RIP ).

Now, if SN dumps Storm, Magni & Dilana and brings back Ryan for next week, I am buying a lottery ticket

Posted by cycles2k on 09-06-06 at 11:24 PM
Good choice for the Anchor. I thought Lukas' original was a little stronger but Toby's was a very catchy tune and his execution is excellent. I think the lad is getting better and better every week.

Posted by CattyChat on 09-06-06 at 08:21 PM
SN must know they are not getting the reception they expected . . . Dave & Panic Channel are also joining the tour. Now 2 reasons to catch a show . . . House Band & Dave.

Posted by Snidget on 09-06-06 at 08:27 PM
Yep, Dave and the Houseband on the same tour together, that might get me to buy a ticket.

Posted by Glow on 09-07-06 at 07:57 AM
Word. Smart move on their part. After they said that, I told DH I suppose we're going to a Supernova show. He said, "I assumed you'd want to go anyway to see Lukas." heh.

Posted by arkiegrl on 09-06-06 at 08:25 PM
All 5 were in the bottom 3 at some time during the voting.

"Who Was B3 At Some Point??"
Posted by CattyChat on 09-06-06 at 08:26 PM
Toby . . . Storm . . . Magni . . . Ryan . . . AND Dilana. All rockers standing, just a handful of votes determined.

"First one in bottom 3 is..."
Posted by arkiegrl on 09-06-06 at 08:29 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-06-06 AT 08:30 PM (EST)

Storm

Sings "Wish You Were Here" - Pink Floyd

"1st Rocker in Bottom 3 . . . "
Posted by CattyChat on 09-06-06 at 08:33 PM
Storm! She sings "Wish You Were Here" by Pink Floyd.

House Band is GREAT (as usual) . . . Storm is good, but not great IMO. Much better than last week's B3 performance, but she didn't bring it this week.

"RE: 1st Rocker in Bottom 3 . . . "
Posted by alwaysintruble1 on 09-06-06 at 08:36 PM
Did she have a tear in her eye at the end of her song?

I think she knows she is going and was saying goodbye to everyone tonight.

Posted by arkiegrl on 09-06-06 at 08:38 PM
Yes, she did have tears. Said that was for her mom.

Looked like Jason was a little tore up by that song, too.

Posted by cheesybread on 09-06-06 at 08:39 PM

The question is: Is Jason sad because he really wanted Storm and he knows she is gone? Or does it have some other meaning to him?

Conspiracy theorists unite!

Posted by cycles2k on 09-06-06 at 11:33 PM
I love that song and I loved Storm's performance. It is difficult for me not to love any performance of that song.

"2nd one is"
Posted by arkiegrl on 09-06-06 at 08:33 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-06-06 AT 08:34 PM (EST)

Dilana

Sings "I Want You to Want Me" - Cheap Trick

"RE: 2nd one is"
Posted by arkiegrl on 09-06-06 at 08:36 PM
I don't want you.

"RE: 2nd one is"
Posted by Snidget on 09-06-06 at 08:36 PM
Um. I used to really like Dilana's perfomances, now I want you to grant me a restraining order.

"2nd Rocker in Bottom 3 . . . "
Posted by CattyChat on 09-06-06 at 08:38 PM
Dilana (not a shocker). She hops to the stage . . . Gilby tells her she had one of the gutsiest performances last night *boggle* (I guess he's setting her up for the Tommyhawk).

Dilana sings "I Want You to Want Me" by Cheap Trick . . . another mess of a performance, IMO. Better than Psycho Killer, but inconsistent. Without the weird dramatics, it would have been much better. I think Dilana is telling us something with her last 2 bottom 3 performances, she's a insecure psycho DAW. Buh-Bye!!

The guys give her a standing O.

"RE: 2nd Rocker in Bottom 3 . . . "
Posted by cheesybread on 09-06-06 at 08:41 PM

another mess of a performance

I second that notion. It was totally choppy and seemed like the timing was off the entire time. I understand she was trying to punk it up, but she just f'd it up instead.

But judging by the reaction she is here to stay.

Posted by nailbone on 09-07-06 at 09:12 AM
It was totally choppy and seemed like the timing was off the entire time. I understand she was trying to punk it up, but she just f'd it up instead.

THANK YOU!!! DW kept telling me she was just changing up the song, but at the beginning and after one of the "scream breaks", she was singing as if the off-beats were the beats, completely opposite how the rhythm of the song actually goes.

And yet, the idiots gave her a standing O. Tommy just lost MAJOR drummer points with me.

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster and OT Fantasy Football Champ! o-

Posted by cycles2k on 09-06-06 at 11:39 PM
DW and I enjoyed that performance very much. We thought the dramatic breaks added drama and her screams were right on key. That was, IMO, one of her strongest performances in recent weeks.

Posted by nailbone on 09-07-06 at 09:14 AM
On key, but WAY off beat.

Sorry, dude, but that was a total mess.

Posted by MKitty on 09-07-06 at 12:39 PM
I totally agree Nailbone. I was wincing when I watched that one. I love that song but don't consider it a "punk" song...hello??? (as she introduced it as a punk song and I was getting all excited that she was maybe going to sing a Ramones or Sex Pistols or something like that!!)

Yup, me and DH thought it was quite the trainwreck..

Posted by cycles2k on 09-07-06 at 07:27 PM
No need to apologize. You are welcome to disagree with me, even when I am right and you are wrong. .

Posted by nailbone on 09-08-06 at 09:48 AM
*I* am never wrong. I'm not always right, but I'm not ever wrong!!

"And the final bottom 3 rocker is"
Posted by arkiegrl on 09-06-06 at 08:42 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-06-06 AT 08:43 PM (EST)

Lukas

He sings "Headspin" again.

"Final Rocker in Bottom 3 . . ."
Posted by CattyChat on 09-06-06 at 08:44 PM
Magni, don't go anywhere!! (Psych) Toby . . . you'll be joining Magni.

Lukas in the bottom 3. Jason is surprised. Lukas says it's his night to make a comeback. Lukas is going to play HeadSpin again . . . "This is for my mother."

"RE: Final Rocker in Bottom 3 . . ."
Posted by cycles2k on 09-06-06 at 11:47 PM
"Headspin" again but he did pretty well but I thought he was a little over the top tonight. It is a very powerful and dramatic song and I think he could acheive the drama without shaking like that. I would love to watch him sing it while firmly planted in front of the microphone.

"Predictions, Anyone??"
Posted by CattyChat on 09-06-06 at 08:49 PM
Who's it going to be? IMO, Lukas should be sent back to join the boys and both Dilana & Storm should be axed . . . HOWEVER, I worry that Lukas will be Ryanized this week. I can see SN dumping him and Storm (only because of the standing O they gave Dilana for some reason)

"Gilby's Comments"
Posted by CattyChat on 09-06-06 at 08:55 PM
Gilby tells Storm they like how she changes things up. They asked her to bring something different & she did . . . that's great, but multiple trips to bottom 3.

"Dilana, you've been the one to watch, but once again you are in the bottom 3."

"Lukas, this is your first time in the bottom 3, but tonight is your night . . . you can go sit down (SAFE!)"

Tommy can't do it & hands off the ax job to Jason. Jason tells Storm she is going to go home & sleep in her own bed. (How lame was THAT????)

"Question"
Posted by michel on 09-06-06 at 09:03 PM
Is there a car curse on Rockstar like there is in Survivor?!

"RE: Question"
Posted by CattyChat on 09-06-06 at 09:06 PM
LOL, good question. I'm just glad they didn't do a lame video with the Honda Element clip.

Posted by Bravehart on 09-06-06 at 09:41 PM
Is it that Supernova needs to keep the guys in or am I mistaken? Lukas's and Storm's originals truly rocked and had great melody. Magni's voice is great but not on the level of Storm or Lukas or Delana's. If anyone should have gone tonight it should have been Magni or Tobi. Granted they weren't in the bottom 3 but all the same.......Just a thought from Canada, and NO, I don't vote compulsively.

The final 3 IMHO should have been Lukas, Storm and Dilana. Dilana reminds a little of Rush. Storm should not have been the one to go. Methinks Supernova kept the women in to get the ratings. The editing points to Toby as a win but it was Storm and Lukas that I rewinded and wanted to hear again.

Posted by Lex Icon on 09-07-06 at 04:45 AM
quote "Magni's voice is great but not on the level of Storm or Lukas or Delana's" unquote.

Which just goes to show, you can't please all the people all the time. When the general consensus is Magni having perhaps the best voice yet the least charisma, this gem comes out.

What seems most apparent when looking at voting patterns is that the women favour guys they think are cute (hence the pictures, the swoons, the *hearts* and all that bollocks) and the men opt for performers with a decent voice rather than 'stage presence'.

If the tracks were heard 'blind' (i.e. without visuals) Lukas would have been taking the bus home yonks ago and Josh would have been in his place.

As for 'Headspin'..."for his mother"...what the f...? Check the lyrics. One doesn't dedicate the same song twice to the same person unless there's a message in there.

Looks weird, sings weird, and moves like Ian Dury on stage!

"Storm's final words"
Posted by djandy on 09-06-06 at 11:22 PM
During Storm's final words, Dave said he wanted to play guitar with Storm, then Tommy said he wanted to play drums, then Jason said he wanted to play bass. It wasn't real clear what they were talking about, but I assumed it was for when Storm recorded "Ladylike"???

djandy

"RE: Storm's final words"
Posted by cheesybread on 09-07-06 at 06:24 AM

Something about this stunk. And Storm even made the comment "Rock Star: StromNova". If I were her I would be a little irritated with these comments. Not so much Dave, but from the other guys. If you want to play with her so much and want to record with her, then why are you getting rid of her?!

I'm sure I, and others, can explain this logically, but with the emotions of the moment it was hard not to be a little insulted.

But at this point in the competition a large (no pun intended) contingent of fans is going to be upset every week. I'm sure Wacko Jacko is exctatic.

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 09-07-06 at 10:30 AM
>
>Something about this stunk. And
>Storm even made the comment
>"Rock Star: StromNova". If
>I were her I would
>be a little irritated with
>these comments. Not so
>much Dave, but from the
>other guys. If you
>want to play with her
>so much and want to
>record with her, then why
>are you getting rid of
>her?!
>
>I'm sure I, and others, can
>explain this logically, but with
>the emotions of the moment
>it was hard not to
>be a little insulted.
>
>But at this point in the
>competition a large (no pun
>intended) contingent of fans is
>going to be upset every
>week. I'm sure Wacko
>Jacko is exctatic.

I am. My prayers were answered. Storm was easily the worst of the 5 remaining...should've gone before Ryan too.

I did enjoy her Pink Floyd song though. Too late to save me....personally I thought all three were great today. Can't get 'Headspin' out of my mind. It is a great original.

SM wants to play with Storm they just don't want their success to be stamped with her. The comments make perfect sense. Storm was a goner no matter how she performed last night....at this point the decision is already made.

Posted by geekboy on 09-07-06 at 11:06 AM
Hi Wacko -

Could you please try to explain to me what is so 'great' about "Headspin"? And while your at it, explain to me the LukasLuv. I don't get it.

I'm not trying to be sarcastic, nor am I trying to start any flame war. I honestly want to know what it is about Lukas that people love.

I have a VERY diverse taste in music, but i can't see any Lukas Rossi in my collection. I just don't get the guy. Please enlighten me.

thanks,

geekboy

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 09-07-06 at 05:01 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-07-06 AT 05:03 PM (EST)

>Hi Wacko -
>
>Could you please try to explain
>to me what is so
>'great' about "Headspin"? And
>while your at it, explain
>to me the LukasLuv.
>I don't get it.
>
>I'm not trying to be sarcastic,
>nor am I trying to
>start any flame war.
>I honestly want to know
>what it is about Lukas
>that people love.
>
>I have a VERY diverse taste
>in music, but i can't
>see any Lukas Rossi in
>my collection. I just
>don't get the guy.
>Please enlighten me.
>
>thanks,
>
>geekboy

I don't have Lukas love. In fact, I defintely want Toby to win. I think Dilana is the second best. And Lukas third, but I think Lukas may be a better fit for SN than Dilana.

I will talk about all 5 originals. What was so special about Headspin? Well, after the show I found myself humming his song....and singing it out loud...not a pleasant site. It was the song that stuck in my head after the show. I liked the rif/guitar on Magni's song. Toby's song was a great crowd pleaser. I thought Dilana's song was good. I HATED Storm's song.....probably because I HATE rap.

Posted by nailbone on 09-07-06 at 11:40 AM
at this point the decision is already made.

On this we agree. It's between Toby and Lukas, as far as I can tell. Just depends on which style they want to go with, the fun rock or the darker "emo" thing.

Posted by ginger on 09-07-06 at 12:36 PM
I like dark, gothy rock. NIN. MM. Alice in Chains.

"Headspin" still leaves me completely flat. Hate the faux "Yes" bridge. Hate the Hallmark "I'm not perfect, remember when we made time stand still" Terry Jacks lyrics. I am this guy's target audience and I always end up switching in the middle of this ditty. I keep wondering if there is something wrong with my set if you guys like this song.

My set and Geekboy's, that is.

Posted by geekboy on 09-07-06 at 04:45 PM
Well, unlike Ginger, I do NOT like NIN/MM/goth in general. I think that is part of my uninterest in Lukas, but not the major reason. What i simply can't get past is his vocals/enunciation. Its obvious that the boy can sing, but his bizarro-land enunciation loses me. I end up trying to figure out what he is saying, and not taking in the performance.

I don't think i'm the only one here with this issue re: Lukas.

You can sing, Lukas. So just sing.

geekboy

Posted by cycles2k on 09-07-06 at 07:01 PM
Being unable to understand the words does not bother me in the least, but it really irritates DW so she does not care for Lukas.

Someone earlier asked about the fascination with Lukas. I have definitely not been a Lukas fan throughout the series, I thought he was aloof and the "cool" act was shallow. As the weeks progressed I found myself becoming more and more impressed because his emotional intensity can be very moving. That is what I look for in music, to be moved.

Storm's "Wish You Were Here" was like that too. I have listened to it at least 20 times now and it still brings a tear to my eye.

Posted by mememi on 09-07-06 at 02:11 PM
If you
>want to play with her
>so much and want to
>record with her, then why
>are you getting rid of
>her?!
>
>I'm sure I, and others, can
>explain this logically, but with
>the emotions of the moment
>it was hard not to
>be a little insulted.
>

I was confused at first too, but after a bit of thought, here's my best guess -- They don't think she's right for their band, to sing their music the way they have written it. However, they really do like/respect her talent and would back her when she sings her own stuff. That way it's not being labelled as their music.

This may be giving the guys too much credit, but I'll try to give them the benefit of the doubt... If I were her I'd take them all up on the offer asap and get in the studio to capitalize on the opportunity!

Posted by byoffer on 09-07-06 at 08:29 AM
That comment bugged me too. They all wanted to play with her, but never gave her the honour of doing a SN song. Only Dave played with her, and as he said it was great. I think they wanted to give Storm the SN song, and have Magni bottom 3, but with Magni top 2, they had to change things around.

I still don't like the SN songs, and think that Storm will be more successful than SN in the long run. And when SN tours with the non-winners, the House Band, and Dave's band? IMO it will be a stretch for SN to be the headliners!

Thank you Storm, for some great performances and entertainment.

Posted by HistoryDetective on 09-07-06 at 10:41 AM
And when SN tours with the non-winners, the House Band, and Dave's band? IMO it will be a stretch for SN to be the headliners!

Yup. I have absolutely no interest in seeing SuperNova perform, especially not with any of the remaining rockers (with the possible exception of Toby).

Can I buy tickets and leave once the "non-winners" and House Band are done performing?

Posted by Lex Icon on 09-07-06 at 11:07 AM
On which basis I assume you'll no longer be watching the show then?

You will...? Oh, so you DO enjoy it after all.

Posted by HistoryDetective on 09-07-06 at 11:15 AM
I don't know where I ever said I would never watch the show again. I simply find the members of SuperNova to be rather wretched and I have no interest in their music. If I recall correctly, lots of peeps around here have consistently slammed the SuperNova original songs as being the weakest part of the program. That doesn't mean that I (or they) don't enjoy seeing the individual rockers perform with the House Band. Those are usually some damn fine performances.

Plus, the last couple of episodes have some "extras" of interest, including the return of an ousted rocker chosen by the fans for an encore performance. That alone is reason enough to tune in to see who received the most votes and what s/he performs.

All of that aside, I have invested several weeks in this program and I have a natural curiosity to see how it all turns out (just like I would tune in to see a Booger/Erika finale on Big Brother even though I cannot stand either of them), in what order the eliminations take place, and the rationale given for the decisions.

Please explain to me how that obligates me to like the guys in SuperNova or their music.

Posted by Lex Icon on 09-07-06 at 11:45 AM
You seem to have obligated yourself rather than by virtue of anything I've said.

quote "All of that aside, I have invested several weeks in this program" unquote.

I was merely curious why you'd go on wasting your time watching performers and a group for whom you've little or no passion.

Now I'm all the wiser

Posted by HistoryDetective on 09-07-06 at 12:17 PM
Except that I never said that I don't have passion for the performers, only the group that one of them will ultimately join. Like many reality television viewers, I like watching the train wrecks that take place along the way --- and given the nature of this program, those moments are not usually during the performances.

I still don't see how that obligates me to like SuperNova's music. *shrug*

"Goodbye Goodbye "
Posted by cycles2k on 09-06-06 at 11:59 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-07-06 AT 02:26 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 09-07-06 AT 00:23 AM (EST)

Storm Large. We will miss you hon.

She was not the most consistent of the Rawkers and she had a bad couple of weeks but she went out with a bang. I'm am going to rewind and listen to Storm's "Wish You Were Here" a few times. I'll probably be sobbing.

I think we have a pretty solid final 4 and I am looking forward to the final episode.

"RE: Goodbye Goodbye "
Posted by singer on 09-07-06 at 07:53 AM
To me, this final 5 crowd of singers is consistently stronger than the American Idol singers at this stage.

I am very impressed with this show and with the level of talent that people have. I liked Storm a lot, and I was surprised that she got booted off.

--Singer

Posted by Glow on 09-07-06 at 07:51 AM
{{{Stormy}}}

"DAMN THEM!!"
Posted by nailbone on 09-07-06 at 08:51 AM
Damn them all to aging, has-been rocker hell!!!!

Oh, wait...

So long, sweet hot Storm! Off to vote for her return!!

Posted by Magnolia_Rocker on 09-07-06 at 09:34 AM
Grrrrr, poor Stormy. When she teared up during her song last so did I (it's a trait of mine, I never let anyone cry alone) and I cried when she got the boot. The last two weeks have really, really gotten under my skin. The only saving grace is that Toby and Lukas are still there.

A Tribe Original!

Posted by nailbone on 09-07-06 at 09:37 AM
And what hurts the worst is that Dilana, for all her drama and screw-ups, is still there.

Posted by mememi on 09-07-06 at 02:18 PM
And what hurts the worst
>is that Dilana, for all
>her drama and screw-ups, is
>still there.
>

AARGH I'm with you! I really had her pegged to go. If anything she's shown that she can't handle the stress of the audition, what's she going to be like in the band? Whether because of the drama or not, her performances have been going downhill too IMHO. Meanwhile, Storm was consistently classy, cool and kept getting better the last few weeks.

My feeling is they've long since chosen who they want, whatever happens now is just for ratings sake and to give the illusion that there is still a "competition" happening.

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 09-07-06 at 05:11 PM
>And what hurts the worst
>is that Dilana, for all
>her drama and screw-ups, is
>still there.
>
>

>>color="maroon" size=1] Holey carp! >My blog!> MySpace!
>Official OT Tassel Adjuster and OT
>Fantasy Football Champ!

>
> o-

>

The screws DO NOT matter. Look you are talking 3 guys from Motley Crue, Guns and Roses, and Metallica. These guys make screwups too....in fact....because Dilana makes screw ups I think that makes her a better fit for this band. Believe me the winner of this show will make future screw ups too. SN knows and understands that. Dilana's behavior is way over-rated. Personally I think they were presented so that the band could get rid of her...even though they have been mostly positive about her performances.

Posted by cycles2k on 09-07-06 at 07:08 PM
Why the Dilana hatred? She is my least favorite performer at this point, but she has not done anything inherently evil and I still think she is an incredible entertainer.

The order of booting is not meaningful at this point. The F6 were all capable of the job but only one person will get it (perhaps two but probably one).

Posted by Glow on 09-07-06 at 09:49 AM
Jason shed a tear or two.
That performance was memorable. Beautiful. Classy. Powerful. As is she.

"Honestly Surprised"
Posted by geekboy on 09-07-06 at 10:28 AM
I went into this results show pretty much conditioned for a Dilana boot. I love Dilana, and i think she's best suited for this band....but over teh past couple weeks, the tide has turned. Whether you think its justly turned or not, its turned. That has all be rehashed in other threads.

So, to see Lukas in the bottom three, along with Storm, leaving Magni and Toby at the top is a major 180 for this show.

I'm sad Storm is gone. I'm glad Dilana is still around. Lukas' voice still bugs the #$%@ out of me. Magni and Toby have somehow turned things around, so bravo to them.

I have no idea what is going to happen next week.

geekboy

"RE: Honestly Surprised"
Posted by Lex Icon on 09-07-06 at 11:03 AM
"I have no idea what is going to happen next week"

Lukas & Dilana will screech a duet with special guest rotters Marty Casey & Cryin' Star doing backing croakals, summoning Beelzebub and his minions to rise from the fiery depths of hell.

Bad for the eardrums but it'll make for great TV!

"RE: Honestly Surprised"
Posted by sharnina on 09-07-06 at 08:40 PM
LOL - ROTFLMHO

A Tribe Original
God is good all the time and all the time, God is good.