URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID48
Thread Number: 420
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Now what for the guests?"

Posted by shaggy on 10-03-03 at 08:08 PM
Wellllllllllllllllllllllllll? Now that everyone, including Charla, can actually see what really was shown on tv and have gotten reactions from the people of America, now what? I haven't seen enough or read enough to know how they reacted. DID THE ORIGINALS EVER ADMIT TO BEING MEAN OR STUPID? After all this, do they realize they were acting like jerks?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Now what for the guests?"
Posted by So_Opinionated on 10-04-03 at 05:14 AM
It would be great if they were mature enough to admit they were wrong but that chance is slim to none. I would love to see them watching themselves with their parents. I would also love to see a follow up on all of them to see how they are milking their 15 minutes.

As I am So-Opinionated

"I need a P-HO followup fix!"
Posted by RollDdice on 10-17-03 at 12:27 PM
Great ideas, So_O. The only problem is that the wacky parents raised these drunken lunatics and probably turn a blind eye toward their twisted children.

Have you ever seen "Family Feud" where the question is something like, "Name something found in a car" and Mom says, "Uhhhmm, a rabid warthog?" After a moment of stunned silence the whole family jumps up and down shouting, "Good answer! Good answer!"?

It's sort of like that.

But Toni MC'ing local wrestling matches or Zack applying for law school have real potential.

Take your chances at the Pair-Of-Dice Hotel (bulletin board)

"RE: I need a P-HO followup fix!"
Posted by Leona on 11-11-03 at 03:50 PM
I came back to these postings to find out the exact thing....I want some follow up....let us kjnow if you were able to track any down.

"Where's our update?"
Posted by RollDdice on 11-12-03 at 12:13 PM
Leona has issued a call to action people! Did anyone ever see that Maxim issue with Charla/Tara? I was looking for it, but never did run across the magazine.

Any P-Ho sightings out there?

Flying my Pair-Of-Dice Hotel flag at half-mast

"Barbie's in December"
Posted by superstepmom1 on 11-12-03 at 04:40 PM
December issue of Maxim you'll see the Barbie's.

"RE: Barbie's in December"
Posted by oddglass2 on 12-18-03 at 01:12 PM
Here is a link to the pics...not all, but some pics and some of the article: http://www.maximonline.com/girls_of_maxim/html/girl_1024.html

"RE: Barbie's in December"
Posted by RollDdice on 12-18-03 at 02:21 PM
I saw the magazine and was a little disappointed (only one page), but that's what happens when your reality tv glow fades.
Thanks for the update.

Your Official Croupier at the Pair-Of-Dice Hotel

"RE: I need a P-HO followup fix!"
Posted by Freud on 03-20-04 at 06:04 PM
Hahaha,that was a good one.

Greetings from Holland

"Boring Charla Follow-ups"
Posted by PogoSchtick on 11-12-03 at 01:52 PM
She really isn't any more interesting now than she was on the show:

(From the Minneapolis Star Tribune "Gossip" Columnist)

October 12

It's hell after 'Paradise'

Reality is biting for the $250,000 winner of FOX's "Paradise Hotel." A very wary Charla said, "Who is this?" when reached Thursday. "I'm sorry. I'm really about people who call me. A radio station, some jokers in Utah, just gave out my phone number over the air," said the Twin Cities model. Charla is the only name she's giving out these days, whether it's "Entertainment Tonight" or Maxim magazine, in which she's scheduled to be featured in December. Charla believes a fellow "cast member" gave her number to the radio station. Well, I didn't watch "Paradise Hotel" -- "Good for you," said Charla -- but my show tutor, financial adviser Dan Rutman, did after his wife, Andrea, got him hooked on it. When I told Dan how jumpy Charla is, he said, "She was real jittery on the show." Perhaps that carried over into the post-reality life because of how she treated a fellow cast mate named Dave? "Oh yeah," Charla said. "He lost. I won, and I decided not to give him half of my winnings." If Charla feels badly about cutting out Dave, she's not saying so. She said she needs the cheese "to help out my family." Charla said she couldn't wait to get back to Minnesota. "A lot of people move to L.A." after a little TV exposure, "I brought my bag right back to Minnesota and continued my life."

AND

Nov 4

Miss January is hot

Charla Philstrom, the Twin Cities model who won FOX's "Paradise Hotel," is on a hot streak. She's Miss January 2005 in a calender for VanBuren Foundation, a nonprofit that raises money for children with autism. Model/actor Lanore VanBuren obviously tapped a lot of her modeling world friends for this calendar. Charla made it kind of a challenge for us to figure out her last name. But when you've got tipsters and a unique first name, it's almost too easy to track down a ski bunny's full name.

"RE: Boring Charla Follow-ups"
Posted by RollDdice on 11-12-03 at 09:05 PM
Thanks for the info. You guys are the best!

Reading the "Take That Charla" Newsletter at the Pair-Of-Dice Hotel

"RE: Boring Charla Follow-ups"
Posted by TheWanderer on 11-13-03 at 11:09 PM
Although I really liked and was rooting for Charla, hoping she would turn around and be nice to Dave, her decision not to give Dave a cut reallu s*cked and I lost all respect for her.

That being said, isn't it interesting that she is now considered a "model"? when she was cast on the show, the occupation they always listed under her name was "Waitress"

Now, she does have the body for a model, but not the height; she is milikingher 15 minutes of fame. Let her.
Payback is a b*tch and I'm sure she'll find out soon enough.
After taxes, her $250k winds up being about $150k. She'll soon find out that it won't go very far.

"Boring Charla a new one"
Posted by RollDdice on 11-14-03 at 04:36 AM
I think she was always a model - someone had a link to her agency and a headshot/listing. But what kind of career could she have had -- she was always hiding in her P-Ho room or sulking behind the toilet.

Let's see what karma brings.

So exactly what is the line on "stalking"...