URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID77
Thread Number: 418
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"F.A.T.E."

Posted by Maroonclown on 01-26-06 at 09:15 AM
LAST EDITED ON 01-26-06 AT 11:00 AM (EST)

During Charlie's dream they showed a closeup of his hand. His knuckles were bandaged and he had F.A.T.E. written across.

I checked his hands when he was awake and the bandage wasn't there.

What did Eco say - "don't confuse fate with coincidence" or something like that?

Rolly Sig Shop

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: F.A.T.E."
Posted by SenecaTurtle on 01-26-06 at 11:00 AM
It wasn't on his hand when he set the fire either. Just a ring on his right hand. No letters. For a second I questioned whether it was Charlie because of that.

*ST*

Posted by maroonclowns mom on 01-26-06 at 11:20 AM
Because of that, I was sure it wasn`t Charlie and surprised that it was.

Posted by Q on 01-26-06 at 03:17 PM
Did Charlie not drop the bandages with the letters off his hand while he was gone with Claire and Ethan? Was that not how Jack, etc. who was following them pick up their trail, ala Hansel and Gretel and the breadcrumbs?

I do not recall Charlie having the bandages on his hand after that point of the show.

It is astonishing how foolish humans can be in groups, especially when they follow their leaders without question - States: The Bene Gesserit View. All States Are an Abstraction.

Posted by PackMan on 01-26-06 at 03:58 PM
You are correct about Charlie leaving them as a trail marker in Season 1. I think the re-appearance in this ep was only in his dream/hallucination.

I think there is some significance to the re-appearance of the taped fingers as it pertains to the Locke v. Eko storyline (Eko's comment on fate and coincidence). Although Locke is a man of faith, that does not necessarily mean faith in the traditional sense. You can have faith in Hell just as much as you can have faith in Heaven.

Did Locke trade his soul for the ability to walk? Did Eko's brother trade his life so Eko's soul could be saved? Are these two souls, headed in opposite directions, brought together on this island for a conflict between good and evil?

Or am I just throwing more food in the pot, so we can have something to talk about?

If you don't have time to do it right the first time, when are you going to find time to do it again? - Anonymous

Posted by Das Mole on 01-26-06 at 06:53 PM
Probably the food in the pot, although what you said sounded really good, lol.

PQM. Join or die!