URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID1
Thread Number: 4173
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Benji vs. faith."

Posted by Estee on 10-27-11 at 08:10 AM
And lo, there appeared unto the cameras a holy fool. The appearance did not come as a surprise, because the fool had been there before and kept coming back for some unknown reason. (The suspicion was blackmail material.) But the holy part was, for while the fool had been well-established, the holy had been intermittent at best and generally seemed to be directed inward, as the fool frequently worshiped itself as the supreme incarnation of ego. Also, the claimed faith had never really welcomed holy fools, although it did have a tradition of electing them to high office.

Now this holy fool found himself on a tribe with a holy tool, one branded with the scent of someone else's damnation, although the tool seemed eager to claim a few flames of his own. And between the two of them, they ignited a holy fire, as in 'We will burn down everything around us and that's okay, because we've got an excuse.' And so the fool and the tool united and drew the rest of their tribe in, partially because that kind of fire uses up so much oxygen that no one around you can think without effort, but mostly because it was go along with them or be the first to get burned.

And so the holy fool claimed that he was not worthy. And he was right, but no one did anything about it. The holy fool demanded that all drop to their knees around him. And they did, which meant the lightning bolt couldn't get past the human shields. The holy fool worshiped a false idol and lied and cheated and lied some more and went back on his word and gave bad advice and lied and lied and lied, all of which was okay because he was holy and could commit no sin, especially since he wasn't worthy of doing that either: sin requires free will, and he was but a fool. And possibly a tool. Although not the tool, but there were days when he was working on that. And his would be the glory and the win and the lies (oh, the lies!) and the editing-inserted sun manipulation shots forever, or at least until Day Thirty-Nine.

How does this parable end?

I'm hoping 'real soon now'.

It's as if Rolly grew up to become the new CBS programming director.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: so much for Zen"
Posted by caseymagoo on 10-27-11 at 09:05 AM
tai chi in the water followed by putting a bullet in someone's head and screaming at people to get on their knees. fool and the tool is perfect

"RE: Benji vs. faith."
Posted by suzzee on 10-27-11 at 09:17 AM
My question is how did production keep him from looking like such an a$$ all this time?

I miss Lodge Life

Posted by Toban on 10-27-11 at 12:40 PM
Copying and pasting my comment from a similar thread in fanatics (which probably should ben bashers)

All of them, except Sophie are going down in my love list for that ridiculous display of false piety. Even as an atheist and someone who believes religion should be a private matter, if I was out there, I don't know what I do. As much as I'd want to tell them how stupid I thought it was for them to publicly and ostentatiously praise their deity for a challenge win, I'd probably go along with it just so I didn't stand out...and then I'd feel sick about it.

At least Sophie seems aware of the issue.

Benji is an A$$

Posted by kingfish on 10-28-11 at 12:56 PM
The Lord of all Creation saith: Blasphemy, thy name is Benjamin Wade.

Also: Mother Hypocrisy begatteth Brandon Hantz.

Then, an afterthought: Dirty Underwear, thy smell is Russell.

PS, he added: Ozzy, thine actions art as a Lawton unto the soul of the Earth and Heavens.

Finally: GrossOutMan, thy name is John "Herpes" Cochran.

As it shall be. So saith we all.

Posted by suzzee on 10-28-11 at 02:49 PM
Ameneth

A Tribe masterpiece

"New verses"
Posted by cahaya on 10-30-11 at 00:37 AM
Chapter: Survivors

1 And lo, behold ye the tribe of hypocrites
2 Under the spell of one who invokes the Lord's name,
3 He who worships and holds the idols of fame and game.
4 Yea, the Lord doth grant them the victory they sought,
5 To lead them into indolence and gluttony in the movie temple,
6 Feasting upon their ill-gotten spoils of war.
7 Hark! It was not the hand of the Almighty that granted them victory,
8 But the defeat of their foes so that they would become humble
9 Seek their glorious Redemption
10 And exact their revenge on the victorious tribe in duplicity.
11 Amongst the shamed tribe is one branded in name
12 So the good Lord removed his eye's temptations,
13 Banishing her to her home never to return.
14 Lo! The errant tribe persists in its hypocrisies
15 As the angel Camera records their deeds in word and image
16 For all of the other tribes around the world to hear and see.
17 Aye, let this lesson be seen for all to witness,
18 As the great Lord bears witness to all seen and unseen.
19 For the tribe's leader and his errant ways,
20 Retribution shall come just when he senses his victory,
21 Idol in hand, hand in prayer, prayer heard by all yet unheard by his Lord.
22 Upon the very moment of the leader's impending triumph,
23 His Lord will forsake him, as he has forsaken his Lord.
24 Verily, the Lord shall turn from the hypocrite,
25 As the hypocrite has turned from Him.
26 The fire of the hypocrite shall be extinguished
27 As another fire awaits him.

"RE: New verses"
Posted by PsychoKitty on 10-30-11 at 04:49 PM
Fabulous Cahaya! Poor Mikayla, banished because she is attractive and hard working and a temptation to that "very married" man Brandon . . .

"RE: New verses"
Posted by suzzee on 11-01-11 at 12:05 PM
He is so going to h e double hockysticks.

A Tribe masterpiece