URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID87
Thread Number: 417
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"The Osmand PR machine is at full tilt"

Posted by ultrabrite smile on 11-18-07 at 02:27 PM
Marie has a HUGE advantage over the other contestants -- as she has a much bigger fan base.

Look at it this way... I am over 40, and I remember watching Marie as a teenager. I had the Marie doll and watched her ice skating on tv. My parents generation also watched her grow up on television from a teenage girl to a mother of eight. Considering that this show is rated highest among those 40+, these are the people that are voting now, not the 20 year olds.

She's a positive role model, as she's losing weight, she's beginning to look like the teenager we remember, and she has a very likable personality. Frankly, I hadn't given Marie a thought for 30 years, but I like to watch her dance even though she is not as good as the others.

The Osmond PR machine is also the strongest. Over the past week, she's been on Larry King celebratinghte Osmond's 50th year performing, People Magazine, the local news and the rest of the celeb rags. They're all showing clips of her growing up in the spotlight. Donnie is even the DWTS reporter on one of the celebrity news show.
I predict she is going to win this.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: The Osmand PR machine is at full tilt"
Posted by Sagebrush Dan on 11-19-07 at 11:27 AM
Hmmm..... Your username is "Ultrabrite Smile." Are you sure you aren't Marie?

Posted by Brooklynne on 11-20-07 at 01:07 PM
I agree completely!

And the fact that Entertainment tonight constantly has Donnie guest appearing to tlak about the show...is that fair?

If I didn't know better, I'd think Donnie was working in the PR department for ET.

Posted by talker17 on 11-20-07 at 04:39 PM
I have seen Donny on the Insider, ET, Access Hollywood, and Extra. Talk about PR overkill. I will be glad when this whole season is over so that we don't have to watch the daily Marie reports. I am on Osmond burnout...