URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID45
Thread Number: 417
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Queer as Folk"

Posted by syren on 04-17-05 at 11:59 AM
I have watched this show from the first season, and I have to say that it just keeps getting better.

Was up late last night, and watched a few rerun episodes from last season. They showed previews from the new season getting ready to start, and I am so excited. Rosie O'donell was in the preview I saw and it kinda looked like her and Debbie were hooking up. The website also says that Cyndi Lauper will guest star.

One bad thing, in the preview and on the site it says that it is the final season. Looks like I am gonna have to get the DVD's.

Go to Showtime and watch the web preview.
Just wish now that May 22 would come a little faster.

So do you like/watch/lvoe Queer as Folk?

Ihated Brian in the begining, but now, I lvoe this character.
Coherent perceptions or reckless rambling

Table of contents
  • RE: Queer as Folk,volsfan, 10:39 PM, 04-17-05
    • RE: Queer as Folk,syren, 04:36 PM, 04-18-05
  • RE: Queer as Folk,SilverStar, 11:01 AM, 04-19-05
    • RE: Queer as Folk,syren, 02:18 PM, 04-19-05
      • RE: Queer as Folk,SilverStar, 04:46 PM, 04-21-05
  • RE: Queer as Folk,Tahj, 11:32 AM, 04-19-05
  • Predictions?,volsfan, 08:46 AM, 04-23-05
  • RE: Queer as Folk,MandyM, 05:05 PM, 04-24-05
    • RE: Queer as Folk,SilverStar, 01:56 PM, 04-27-05
    • RE: Queer as Folk,syren, 07:03 PM, 04-27-05
  • RE: Queer as Folk,NitroChick, 04:28 AM, 04-28-05
    • RE: Queer as Folk,volsfan, 09:20 AM, 04-28-05
  • RE: Queer as Folk,Asrai, 10:06 PM, 04-28-05
  • OH.MY.HECK!,volsfan, 10:41 PM, 05-13-05
  • RE: Queer as Folk,volsfan, 07:21 PM, 05-23-05
    • RE: Queer as Folk,woeisme1, 04:53 AM, 06-01-05
      • RE: Queer as Folk,volsfan, 10:12 PM, 06-05-05
  • Taps foot impatiently......,MandyM, 07:37 PM, 05-23-05
    • RE: Taps foot impatiently......,volsfan, 09:03 PM, 05-23-05
  • RE: Queer as Folk,Fox41, 03:08 PM, 06-29-05
    • RE: Queer as Folk,volsfan, 08:34 AM, 07-03-05
  • RE: Queer as Folk,volsfan, 10:49 PM, 07-03-05
  • RE: Queer as Folk,volsfan, 11:00 PM, 07-10-05
    • RE: Queer as Folk,Fox41, 11:17 AM, 07-11-05
      • RE: Queer as Folk MEGA SPOILER!!,demonofdespair81, 11:21 AM, 07-14-05
  • 07/17 episode,volsfan, 10:45 PM, 07-17-05
  • How many episodes left?,SilverStar, 01:37 PM, 07-20-05
    • RE: How many episodes left?,volsfan, 03:32 PM, 07-20-05
      • RE: How many episodes left?,SilverStar, 04:01 PM, 07-20-05
        • ep 13!!!!,summer time, 00:24 AM, 07-26-05
        • ep13!!!!,summer time, 00:30 AM, 07-26-05
  • RE: Queer as Folk,volsfan, 09:06 AM, 08-01-05
  • Finale,Tahj, 11:37 AM, 08-08-05
    • RE: Finale,volsfan, 04:05 PM, 08-08-05

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Queer as Folk"
Posted by volsfan on 04-17-05 at 10:39 PM
I too have watched QAF since the beginning and I do like it! I wish it wasn't the last season either. I am gonna have get caught up on the previews though! I am looking forward to the final season.

I thought last season was the best so far. They sort of all grew up!

Posted by syren on 04-18-05 at 04:36 PM
It seems like this season they are going to finish growing up.

I really love this show. I feel that I ahve watched these characters grow and develop. So sad to see it come to an end.

I cannot believe that we are the only ones who like this show.

Posted by SilverStar on 04-19-05 at 11:01 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-19-05 AT 11:09 AM (EST)

*jumps up and down* Me me!! I love this show. I have had to watch them all on dvd's because I don't have Showtime. I was hooked from the first episode. I just finished watching season 4 a couple days ago (watched each episode twice). I love seasons 1 & 2 the best, season 3 was a bit of a disappointment but season 4 was pretty good. I can't believe it's ending. And that I'm going to have to wait like a whole year before I get to see season 5. *pout*

ETA- Am I a moron or is there something wrong with the Showtime website? It says "See the new season teaser" but there is nothing to click on to take you to it. I confused. LOL.

Same here Syren, hated him in the beginning, but now that I understand him he makes me *swoon*

Posted by syren on 04-19-05 at 02:18 PM
Hi SS

In the pic of Brian and Justin there should be a play button. It is in the bottom right corner.

I am gonna get the DVD's just to have my fix.
Coherent perceptions or reckless rambling

Posted by SilverStar on 04-21-05 at 04:46 PM
Thanks! It wasn't showing up, so I had to move my mouse around until the little hand clicky thing came up.

Syren? she awesome.
I have Seasons 1-3 on dvd. Once 5 is released I will probably buy 4-5. I can't believe it's ending. *sniff*

Posted by Tahj on 04-19-05 at 11:32 AM
Oh yes, I watch it. I never liked it as much as I thought I would, but I still like to watch it.

Moves courtesy of Syren

"Predictions?"
Posted by volsfan on 04-23-05 at 08:46 AM
Anyone wanna make prediction as to what happens in the end? Who does Brian end up with? Does Emmitt make it as an actor? I rewatched the preview lastnight and was just curious if others have predictions.

Posted by MandyM on 04-24-05 at 05:05 PM
SYREN!!! I sooooooooooooooo LOVE this show! It (along with the L Word) is one of my fave shows!!! Brian Kinney is sooooooo dreamy! Have you read any of the books? Go to Amazon and check them out...I have 3 of them and they detail Brian and Michaels life in hs and college before the series starts. They are really easy, fast and fun reads....I adored them!

Can't wait for May 22! There is a gay bar right outside of town that has QAF parties each Sunday during the season...I may have to go for the premiere! I am sad this is the last season, but my hope is that they will make a reunion movie or something...kind of catch us up on where everyone is.

Do you guys watch L Word too? This season has been kicking ##### so far! I soooo want Bette and Tina to get back together (I HATE Helena!!!!!) And I am loving Alice and Dana together! Those with Showtime, L Word is on tonight at 10 EST. If you haven't seen it before, check it out!

MM I'm convinced this country is another planet’s hell

Posted by SilverStar on 04-27-05 at 01:56 PM
I watched Season 1 of L Word (with Asrai, actually) and I wasn't impressed with it. Bored might be the word. I guess the pace is just too slow and I didn't really connect with any of the characters.

I.Heart.Syren

Posted by syren on 04-27-05 at 07:03 PM
I watch the L word too. I like it, and usually try not to miss it, but for me it is not like my QAF obsession. I cannot miss it.

I had no idea there was books. You know I am gonna have to buy em.

Brian makes my heart putter. I think though this season I am gonna end up pissed at him, from what the previews are showing. Is he gonna walk away from Justin? Is Justin gonna leave him? UGH May 22 needs to get here a little faster.

May 19th past Survivors are coming to my town, on a United Way promotion. Have no idea which ones, and really do not care because I will still go, so May is looking to be full of goodness for me so far.

Posted by NitroChick on 04-28-05 at 04:28 AM
I adore QAF! I feel like I am a part of their world. Seeing it all end this season makes me sad.

I also love The L Word. Well, season 2 much better than season one, anyway. This season they've pumped up the pace and it's gotten pretty hot. Last season was kind of a bummer, but being a dyke, I HAVE to watch!

May 22nd, please hurry!

Posted by volsfan on 04-28-05 at 09:20 AM
but being a dyke, I HAVE to watch!

I understand what you are saying here! However, in the gay male community I find it so strange...there are some who absolutely hate QAF because they say it doesn't represent their lifestyle. I say...have you looked in the friggen mirror! Don't you just lvoe glass houses?

Posted by Asrai on 04-28-05 at 10:06 PM
Yay, there are others who love QAF, too!!! I watched off and on, never really getting that too into it since I didn't have showtime at home and only caught it at friend's houses.

When I went to visit Silver Star, she had them on DVD and I absolutely fell in love with the characters. Of course, it could've also been the fact that I was drunk as hell and LAMO with my friend, but it's all good anyway!!

The L Word, OTOH, was a bore the first season. This season is much hotter, thankfully. I think SS will never want to watch the 2nd season cause she hated the first one so bad!! Sorry, hon!

I Will Arrive...

"OH.MY.HECK!"
Posted by volsfan on 05-13-05 at 10:41 PM
I can't believe we are down to one week until a new episode!

Anyone know of spoiler sites for this show?

Posted by volsfan on 05-23-05 at 07:21 PM
Did anyone watch?

I thought it was a pretty good start to the season. I am looking forward to it.

Posted by woeisme1 on 06-01-05 at 04:53 AM
Carp! I missed it. I hate when I have to work and miss stuff. But I am going to pull it up on demand tomorrow. Love this show, always have and am sad to see it end but all my favorite shows cable shows seem to be ending this season (6 Feet Under is another). I haven't even had time to check in here at SB or I woulda been more up to date

Fish and Game Officer of G.A.W.K.U.R's of OT

Handcrafted by RollDdice, who rocks my world as much as IceCat.

remember to say only things that, if it were the last words another person were to hear, would not have caused harm

Posted by volsfan on 06-05-05 at 10:12 PM
OH.MY.HECK! Is QAF on demand? Good because I am watching the Next Food Network Star right now and am not watching QAF. KEWLIO...I will get it on demand tomorrow.

"Taps foot impatiently......"
Posted by MandyM on 05-23-05 at 07:37 PM
So, did anyone watch last night? What did you think?

What do you think of Bri buying Babylon? Or about Michael going after custody of his daughter? I thought it was interesting that Debbie stood up for Mel.

I nearly peed my pants when Debbie and the cop guy she is dating (I can never remember his name) walked in on Emmett and his "friend". LOLOL! The look on his face was priceless! I love Debbie and Em's relationship, so I'm bummed that he's going to move out, yet I understand it's probably time. The two of them eating ice cream out of the container scenes will be missed though.

And poor, "fat" Ted........geeze, I didn't think he looked that big...that kid was giving him a complex with the bear comments!

I was thrilled at getting the 2 episodes in one night, but in a way now I wish they wouldn't have because this is the last season and now we've been robbed of an extra week.

*LOVE* this show!

MM I just wish that there was a way that I could choose for others not to be bigots. - HD

"RE: Taps foot impatiently......"
Posted by volsfan on 05-23-05 at 09:03 PM
The whole Debbie and Horvathe (sp?) coming in and Debbie says...welcome home! BWAHAHAHAHA!

Well, we know this will be the Ted loses weight season. I don't much like this route but oh well...

Doesn't surprise me at all about Brian buying the bar but how will he turn it around? Also, Do you think Brian will use his money to make the Rage movie a reality?

Posted by Fox41 on 06-29-05 at 03:08 PM
QAF is okay. I've been watching it off & on. I can't take too much of it. I'll watch every episode this season only because it's the last season & I want to see what will happen with every one.

The L Word sucks! I can't believe that show was renewed for a second season.

Posted by volsfan on 07-03-05 at 08:34 AM
I haven't been too pleased with this season so far. It sorta seems to me like every episode goes by but nothing is happening. I am glad Justin left Brian let's see what happens from here.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Posted by volsfan on 07-03-05 at 10:49 PM
Don't quote my last post! This week was the best episode in a while. I was so happy to see Drew and he is falling for Emmitt! I love it.

This is shaping up to end happily ever after isn't it? I think we have 4 more shows...BRING.IT.ON!

Posted by volsfan on 07-10-05 at 11:00 PM
So, has everyone stopped watching? Does Michael die next week?

Posted by Fox41 on 07-11-05 at 11:17 AM
I didn't watch it last night. I couldn't miss the first episode of Celebrity Fit Club. All of my friends have stopped watching. There is nothing really going on with the show. It's very slow and boring. I hope that someone will die next week. QAF needs all the spice it can get ... It's so OVER!

"RE: Queer as Folk MEGA SPOILER!!"
Posted by demonofdespair81 on 07-14-05 at 11:21 AM
Just to emphasize again, this is like a HUGE MEGA MEGA SPOILER!!!
SO IF YOU DON'T LIKE SURPRISES RUINED FOR YOU THAN DISCONTINUE READING!

However, if your dying to know what happens in the next 2 coming episodes i'll be happy to tell you right now.

Ok guys i'm sure y'all are dying to find out what happens with the whole explosion thing and who gets hurt and what not. Well what happens is that someone places a bomb at Babylon and blows it up!! A lot of people are hurt and 4 people get killed. No one major dies, Mel and Lind's babysitter Dusty dies, but no one really cares about that. However Michael gets really severely injured from the explosion!! Theres then drama at the hospital because michael needs a blood transfusion, and they refuse to allow brian to give, because gays are apparently "high-risk" blood doners. But don't worry eventually, of course, michael gets better and is expected to make a full recovery. However at the same time everyone's lives are changing!!! Mel and Lindsey are back together again and Hunter comes back to stay. In one crazy emotional scene Ben totally kicks this straight guy's butt after the guy said that michael and all gays deserved to die, harsh right? And then the episode comes to a conclusion with Brian telling Justin that he sold his loft and he sold Babylon, to buy a huge huge house in the country so he and justin can live there together, after getting married first though!!!! Yeah brian proposes to justin!!!!! Sigh such a good series of events huh?

"07/17 episode"
Posted by volsfan on 07-17-05 at 10:45 PM
BEST.EPISODE.EVER!

Handcrafted by RollDdice

"How many episodes left?"
Posted by SilverStar on 07-20-05 at 01:37 PM
Anyone know what episode number the most recent show was? And how many there are this season? 14, I'm assuming.

I don't have Showtime, so I've been watching them on my computer. I'm only up to 507 so far, and having a hard time getting 508. I would love to chat about the show, but I like to be surprised, so I haven't read any of these posts yet.

Sigs by Bob! Fear and chemistry keep everyone happy!

"RE: How many episodes left?"
Posted by volsfan on 07-20-05 at 03:32 PM
I originally thought there were 14 episodes this season and if I am not mistaken they mentioned 3 more episodes left after the show Sunday. Last Sunday's episode was 510 (I am not going to give anything away) and I have to admit I think it was the best episode ever!

"RE: How many episodes left?"
Posted by SilverStar on 07-20-05 at 04:01 PM
Thanks Vols! I hope I can get caught up so I can join in the discussion. I can't wait to see what happens.

Sigs by Bob! Fear and chemistry keep everyone happy!
*smooch*

"ep 13!!!!"
Posted by summer time on 07-26-05 at 00:24 AM
OMG please say that there are 14 episodes in Season 5!! I just watched the 13th episodes and they can’t end it how they did, I was crying because of what they did to Brian and Justin. Does anyone know if there is another episode after 13? Is their any chance they could bring the show back. Like did the writers not want to make another series or would not tv company pick it up?

"ep13!!!!"
Posted by summer time on 07-26-05 at 00:30 AM
OMG please say that there are 14 episodes in Season 5!! I just watched the 13th episodes and they can’t end it how they did, I was crying because of what they did to Brian and Justin. Does anyone know if there is another episode after 13? Is their any chance they could bring the show back. Like did the writers not want to make another series or would not tv company pick it up?

Posted by volsfan on 08-01-05 at 09:06 AM
Great episode lastnight! I can't wait to see how the characters end up.

"Finale"
Posted by Tahj on 08-08-05 at 11:37 AM
I thought the finale was really well done. I like what happened to everyone and the ending scene was great.

Moves courtesy of Syren

"RE: Finale"
Posted by volsfan on 08-08-05 at 04:05 PM
Yeah, I agree and they pulled that song out of the first season...it was one of my fav on that soundtrack.