URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID87
Thread Number: 415
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Who's to go home next week?"

Posted by BlueLiz on 11-14-07 at 03:39 PM
Would like to know what anyone else thinks...which dancer will get sent home next week and why?

I think Marie and Jonathan will because they just aren't keeping up with the pace that everyone else is. Their choreography and costumes have been terrible and they don't seemed focused although they show a lot of effort. Some of the dances they do are just so plain and average compared to their competition.

Let's hear it!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Who's to go home next week?"
Posted by MKitty on 11-14-07 at 04:25 PM
If it's not Marie and Jonathan I am going to eat my shorts!

Gawd..how many Osmonds are out there??? Thousands? Millions? I love Marie, but puleease....she is nowhere near the calibre of all the other dancers at this point.

Crooning courtesy of Agman

Posted by qwertypie on 11-14-07 at 05:00 PM
I fear she may take out Jennie first.

Posted by prosecutor on 11-14-07 at 08:11 PM
Jennie Garth. Lots of Osmonds out there voting for Marie and not spreading around their votes like you all do. Therefore Osmond votes plus a few here and there from the fans equals Marie sticking around.

Posted by qwertypie on 11-14-07 at 10:05 PM
But will Cameron fans flock to her (since they are both soap related) or to Helio?

Posted by dragonflies on 11-16-07 at 01:19 PM
Marie should have been gone weeks ago. Nearly 0 content, all of it just fluff and acting.

swoon

Enjoy the day God gave you - the late Jessica V

"RE: Favorites vs talent"
Posted by lynkfri13 on 11-17-07 at 05:39 PM
I hope Marie goes home next week. That would be the fairest. She's done pretty well for a 45+ mother of eight, and through her personal problems. However, she's not exciting enough to watch her continue to dance

However. to be honest, I'm going to admit that for the past 3 seasons (I missed the first), I've was voting the "winners" because they became my personal "favorites", not necessarily who the judges told me were doing the best technically.

I voted for Emmett over Mario, but was he really a better dancer? I am no expert, but it occurs to me that he might not have been, but just a more engaging person who was improving so much and trying so hard, and had his own personal style that was attractive and engaging.

Similarly, Was Apollo a better dancer than Joey? I don't know. I just enjoyed his attitude. So his energy and enthusiasm, as well as what looked like good dancing, made me keep voting for him.

This year, I was certainly surprised at Sabrina's exit. But then, I never voted for her. She gave me the feeling she started out with a big prior advantage in dancing,and she never really made me care enough to vote for her.

The judges comments are informative, but the difference in scores between great and "passable" are getting narrow.

So this is , IMO, a contest of viewer favorites. Things like having an established fan base, sympathy, drama, perceived personality, influence the voters.

On SYTYCD, they emphasize that the winner is the "favorite" dancer, not the best.

Everything said, I'll still be furious if Marie stays and sends one of my "favs" Mel and Helio go home.

Posted by Sagebrush Dan on 11-16-07 at 03:15 PM
Marie should have gone home a long time ago. She is getting a lot of mileage out of this, however, and all that publicity may take her to the final two. I noticed that there were lengthy features about her on both Extra and some other clone of that show; they were also using info on her as teasers. Using her as teasers means there is a LOT of interest in her, which could translate into a LOT of votes.

I'm happy for her in that she is re-finding herself and that she is open about her battles with depression. I hope she does well in a comeback (she was the best host for Miss America ever — actually asked them intelligent questions and put them on the spot).
That said, she still should go home. I don't think she'll be next, though. She has too much publicity and the viewer demographics may be behind her.

So, who will go home? Probably Jennie. She doesn't deserve to be next, but probably will be.

Posted by frisky on 11-18-07 at 01:42 AM
Marie's got VFTW, too.

It will be Jennie, which is fine since she's too rigid anyway.

Perpetual *headbutt* compliments of Rolly.

Posted by Sagebrush Dan on 11-19-07 at 11:24 AM
VTFW?

Posted by sharnina on 11-19-07 at 12:55 PM
Vote For The Worst.

Posted by MTW1961 on 11-19-07 at 02:59 PM
I have a huge crush on Marie, so I hope she stays.
I don't care that she's the worst remaining dancer.

Handcrafted by RollDDice!

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 11-19-07 at 03:47 PM
Based on dancing skills, Marie should've gone home second...after Wayne Newton but that is the way these things go. Popularity contests. marie also gets points for her dad dying and this week sympathy because of her son.

So who is next? Well, I think Mel B should. Why? Because she is a profesional dancer.

I think a lot of people are voting for Jennie and Helio because they like the cute brother sister. Don't let that kid you. People vote for the 'dancers' as well.

It can go any way, any of the four who are left could go home because they each have some intangible.

Posted by Dubby on 11-20-07 at 00:44 AM
I agree that Marie should go home next. Her dancing skills are not on par with the rest at all. She's getting sympathy votes and her 100 plus family alone could keep her in with their votes.

Next should be Jennie. She's improved, but is nowhere near the level of Mel or Helio (my favorite to win!). These two are exciting to watch and are tremendous dancers with charisma that Jennie lacks.

Just my opinion.

Posted by mistyrose52 on 11-20-07 at 08:57 AM
I have agreed about Marie since day ONE. BUT, last night, she really came through on that first number. It was really reminicense of the days of Fred Astair and Gene Kelly! She did an amazing job with that number-followed her partner to a T, and, I felt, flowed very smoothly and was quite entertaining.

BUT, sadly, that's about all that I feel will be memorable about her. I don't know a thing about her son's rehab problems-it's bound to happen in a family that size. Look at the Kennedy's and their rehabs, suicides, and murders that they will never cop to. It happens. And I do admire her faith and stamina to go on in any situation. THAT is the entertainer as well as the woman of faith in her (though I am not Mormon, and do not agree with their teachings). Have to admire her for that, though.

Others would have dropped out for similar situations. Who knows, maybe she should, too-maybe that's why the kid is messed up, huh?

"RE: Marie. Also Donny might dance??!!"
Posted by lynkfri13 on 11-20-07 at 09:43 AM
First- I don't want Marie to win. It would be because of her prior "fame" or for sympathy.
But, I agree, I give Marie credit for improving last night in her Quickstep. She is exactly my age, and I couldn't physically do it without 6 months of working out and training. Having kids can be rough on your body.
She IS a performer, and being "on stage" has been her life. I saw a rerun of Jay Leno a few nights ago. It was just before DWTS started. They had a clip of her starting her show business career, on TV at age 3. (she said she's been performing for 44 years, which is how I know her age). Ironically, she was doing a waltz(?) with a TV show host.

What I don't like is the slew of Osmond appearances (as a group, and especially Donny) on TV talk shows, promoting Marie's "amazing" ability to keep dancing thru her hardships. We understand, she's a trooper, we don't need her brothers to sell her.

I don't like that people (read the message boards on the DWTS site) are determined to vote for her whether she dances well or not. Some have said they had "Marie" dolls as children, and have adored her for years. It has been brought up that us baby boomers have "known" her since childhood.

I give her lots of credit as a person.

BUT- I'm NOT voting for her. She's NOT the best dancer. I don't think she's in the same ballpark as Mel and Helio. (My favs)

BTW- on the DWTS message boards, there's a rumor that Donny wants to be on the show next season!!!!!! Please let this be untrue!!!

Posted by Brooklynne on 11-20-07 at 01:02 PM
I definitely think Jennie and Derek - I think too many people will vote for Marie - esp. her family.