URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID58
Thread Number: 415
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"The selection process"

Posted by carolina girl on 03-15-04 at 11:12 PM
What did y'all think about the selection process for the show? I thought it was really clever to bring Dennis, Tareq, Craig, Jay, and Joe in to select the girls....I'm assuming that the "hotties" Joe, Jay, and Craig picked are the bikini models to come??

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: The selection process"
Posted by escapedude on 03-16-04 at 00:01 AM
You are correct CG!
I think it was a good idea but i dont know if id want Dennis and Tarek choosing my women for me..lol

Posted by Loree on 03-16-04 at 10:50 AM
I always thought Tarek was so odd. I would be scared to pick the women he picked. And one of them is already gone.

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 03-16-04 at 10:54 AM
Is it just a coincidence that Dennis and Tareq are selecting and both have been confirmed to be actors?

The whole tareq thing especially seemed scripted. With the computer generated dating and him talking about the broccoli.

Also kinda funny how the 'fat' guys are the ones selecting the bikini models.

Posted by ladro on 03-16-04 at 11:25 AM
I thought the same thing. I'm sure it was no coincidence. I remember Adam commenting to Dennis: "thanks for coming all the way out here to help me" (or something like that). Implying that Dennis had come out from MA to help him, when Dennis had already moved to L.A. to try to get an acting job.

Posted by ohiofan15 on 03-23-04 at 04:13 AM
Good point and how did THAT happen? so much for computer profiles and all that stuff...

Tarek is not only cold, but spooky too......agree on being scared to have him pick for me...yeeesh!

(downing 4 or 5 excedrin)
Ohio

Posted by SilverStar on 03-16-04 at 10:59 AM
I thought it was pretty cheesy the way the filmed it, but it was a cool idea for his AJ buddies to help him out.

Proud Member RBBRTFHLA/Greasy Food Division

Posted by Traces on 03-16-04 at 11:20 AM
I couldn't really tell the difference between the bikini girls and the 'average' girls, except the bikini ones were in bikinis. I don't know why they didn't choose more 'Average Joe' types girls, most of these girls are more than average. There was only two chunky girls (which got booted already!) one 35 year old (which is I guess ancient for a female on a dating show because she got booted!) one average girl and ONE strange looking girl. The rest are all pretty hot. And even the ones above that I pointed out were all pretty cute. I was hoping to see Adam more in Melana/Larissa's position. But it looks like this is going to be more like The Bachelor. How boring! I guess this show should be called Hot Girls vs. Really Hot Girls!

"You know, that might be the answer - to act boastfully about something we ought to be ashamed of. That's a trick that never seems to fail." -Lieutenant Colonel Korn

Posted by Icebaby on 03-16-04 at 11:42 AM
Well my husband and i agreed that there was only one or two Hot Hot chicks and a couple ok looking chicks, but for the most part i thought they were below average. I was really sad to see that Jen L and her funky smile/big nose and house shoes (because that's what they looked like) didn't leave, don't think i can stand to watch her next week. She got on my nerves real quick and too many of the janes were overly happy and annoying.

Posted by ladro on 03-16-04 at 11:53 AM
BELOW AVERAGE! Where do you live that these girls look below average in comparision, I want to move there.

ps: I have already tried to move to cyberspace, doesn't work.

Posted by Reeflex7 on 03-16-04 at 12:40 PM
Maybe by TV dating show standards they were below average, but in real life most of these are quite attractive women. These are the sorts of girls you see in everyday life. Comparing them to the girls on "The Bacholor" or something is an unfair standard.

My personal favorite was Anna Merrill, the 8th grade teacher. You'll remember her as the one where they freeze-framed Adam staring at her chest while saying "I can't figure out why I lose my train of thought with you". She sure is purty. I can see those 8th grade boys right now, all sitting in the front row drooling. My teachers that year sure didn't look like that.

Posted by escapedude on 03-16-04 at 03:12 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-16-04 AT 03:12 PM (EST)

Yeah i would say Anna is the hottest.
But im sure she also doesnt dress like a slut for class either!

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 03-16-04 at 03:35 PM
I wish my workplace had girls like the Average Janes here.

I do think that the girls that Adam gets are better than the guys that Melana/Larissa got.

Actually Average Janes is pretty vlose to describing these girls but Average Joes...come on they should've been called below Average Joes.

I guess geeky guys makes for better television that geeky females.

Posted by Gina99 on 03-16-04 at 04:06 PM
'for the most part i thought they were below average.'

Are you kidding? Do you know what average is in this country with the overweight population climbing everyday? Go to your local mall and check out the average women there ;)

Maybe they were below average for reality dating shows.

Posted by darkfalz on 03-16-04 at 11:33 PM
>Bachelor. How boring!
>I guess this show should
>be called Hot Girls vs.
>Really Hot Girls!

I've seen pictures of the girls and most of them are average. At least as avarage as Adam, who is far from ugly. He's also RICH. And despite the fact he doesn't have a perfect body, he's in decent shape and he works hard to keep himself that way. So there's no reason he should be dating an obese woman.

You seem to forget what a difference makeup can make. You see, average women spend billions every year on makeup in the hopes they won't have to settle for an average man, that they can "make themselves up" to the level of a hunk (who is a hunk thanks to lucky genetics, not thanks to cosmetics).

If women were like men and had to just "come as you are", things would be a lot more even and fair. And none of those women would look "hot".

Posted by Traces on 03-17-04 at 01:47 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-17-04 AT 01:48 PM (EST)

"You seem to forget what a difference makeup can make. You see, average women spend billions every year on makeup in the hopes they won't have to settle for an average man, that they can "make themselves up" to the level of a hunk (who is a hunk thanks to lucky genetics, not thanks to cosmetics)."

If that is true then how come the producers picked women with such good make-up skills, when they picked the dorkiest dressed men for the previous Average Joe? I know they could have found tackier women. I just think that it is a little one-sided to screw Melana/Larissa over with a bunch of dorks and then make Adam look like a nice guy by choosing higher quality females. And by the way most Beauty Queens don't look so hot without make-up either. I should know I used to be one!

"You know, that might be the answer - to act boastfully about something we ought to be ashamed of. That's a trick that never seems to fail." -Lieutenant Colonel Korn

Posted by Oscirus on 03-16-04 at 03:21 PM
I would say that Tareq dropped the ball with his picks and he's weird and this show proves what a sham these average joes are.

Bring back the spice rack
Congragulations to the apprentice Mr Kwame Jackson

Posted by Rock_Lockster on 03-16-04 at 03:42 PM
Adam is Jewish and all the contestants are Jewish, so its obvious to me he is looking for a serious (marriage) relationship.

That leads me to believe that the bikini girls (who probably aren't Jewish) won't interest Adam...that's why he will throw them away and get on with the real game - he might have some fun in the mean time.

As for my pick, I think it will be Brittany Ducker...only set back is she is from out west.

Posted by Rock_Lockster on 03-16-04 at 04:01 PM
....more....

I noticed he liked this Courtney Butter more than I thought he would, maybe she turns Adam's crank.

As for 'Jenn L', she does have bug-eyes and she does look like the SNL character....I can't believe she is still there...I was surprised she was still there after the first pick!!!

Here are some other late-exit picks:

Stephanie Cahn
Samantha Trenk
Amy Worth
Christine Morell - I think she's the shifty one

Posted by Gina99 on 03-16-04 at 04:08 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-16-04 AT 04:28 PM (EST)

I agree with you RL about Adam being marriage minded which is why I am hoping for Rachel but I think in the end he may choose someone more like Melena like Amy or Anna.

Posted by escapedude on 03-16-04 at 10:23 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-16-04 AT 10:24 PM (EST)

<<Adam is Jewish and all the contestants are Jewish, so its obvious to me he is looking for a serious (marriage) relationship>>

That is false..He is and a good amount of the women are , but i dont think he discriminates.

Posted by Rock_Lockster on 03-17-04 at 00:28 AM
I don't think he discriminates, it just takes away a lot of the issues...don't you think its hard enough without those obstacles...I think Adam would...I would...nothing discriminatory about it.

I think he must have told someone about his preference.

Posted by ValleyGirl on 03-17-04 at 03:47 PM
The guys did a great job.
I think it looks like 'love at first sight' for Adam and Jenn L.
Did you see the way Adam did the gentlemanly thing and put his arm around her to keep her warm?
I think Adam really fell for her the moment she got off the bus wearing those pink flip-flops.
Survivor All*Stars F2 favorites
Ambamudda and the Robfadda

Posted by escapedude on 03-17-04 at 09:30 PM
you are kidding right Valley Girl?????

Posted by ValleyGirl on 03-18-04 at 03:00 PM
Big time kidding, hence the wink
Survivor All*Stars F2 favorites
Ambahmudda and the Robfadda