URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 4144
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Coincidence that Lil's torth DID NOT go out???"

Posted by AntFitz4 on 10-04-03 at 11:52 AM
Lil's torch was not put out on the first try! Now if my math is correct Jeff has put out a total of 90 torches in his days! He has put the cap on torches that were already out (once the rain was so hard it put out all the torches) but what I am saying is Jeff is quite experienced and... do you see where I am going w/ this? Maybe this is some FORESHADOWING????

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Coincidence that Lil's torth DID NOT go out???"
Posted by Fast Eddie on 10-04-03 at 12:42 PM
This issue is not so much that it didn't go out, but that the incident was shown. I watched carefully. It would have been trivial to edit it out. Perhaps the same thing has happened in the past and we just haven't seen it.

But whether it's actually foreshadow or just something of interest they chose to leave in, we'll have to wait and see.

Posted by strid333 on 10-04-03 at 03:01 PM
I think the actual mentioning is important. I remember in S1, when it was one of those trivia of the island type individual ICs, that Jiffy mentioned that each of the people being voted out, their torch would go out on its own before Jiffy had a chance to snuff it out, so they would re-light it, and he could properly snuff the torch. Don't ask me what this significance is, because I don't know. (I know theories are floating that she returns.)

Three is the perfect number.

Posted by joannie on 10-04-03 at 05:35 PM
Earlier this season, Jeff told the tribes during Tribal Council, "You are not out of this until your torch is put out. Remember, you can always save yourself. Don't give up." Now, that's not an exact quote, but words to that effect. His wording sounded really strange at the time.

I think Lil's torch not going out is indeed a premonition of things to come. It would have been simple to edit the shot. Why leave it in for no reason?

Posted by LadyT on 10-04-03 at 07:39 PM
It totally looked to me that Jeff knew it wouldn't go out. He had the smirk going on. I am thinking that after S2 when whoever was being sent home and the ousted players torch always went out beforehand they wanted to do something to prevent them. I have no idea how, but it probably could be done. Maybe gas torches with a switch? Ok, probably not but something. I just feel in my gut that Jeff knew it was coming.

"Duplicate thread..."
Posted by IceCat on 10-04-03 at 07:44 PM
Discussion on this topic is already underway here:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/4134.shtml