URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID4
Thread Number: 4130
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"The SurvivorBlows Showdown"

Posted by southpaw on 05-15-06 at 00:05 AM
Hey everyone, now that this survivor season is done with I would like to start a survivor game to fill up the summer with. I'm interested in doing a SurvivorBlows series where members of this board would be the survivors. There would be tribes, immunity challenges, rewards, twist and turns.

I would use this site's message boards and chat rooms to post the challenges and important information. If would be up to the players to communicate thur email, yahoo messanger, or other ways with teammates to form alliances and such. The game would run eight weeks beginning of June thur July. I would like to have at least 16 people to play but more would be cool. If there is alot of interest I would some how select the final players.

I know I'm still rather new to this site, but I promise to host a fun game for all to play. So if you're interested please let me know by posting in this thread. Any questions can be sent to me via this site. I will have signup until Wed 24. At that time if there is enough interested players I will start the selection of the players and posting rules and such.

Thanks for your time.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: The SurvivorBlows Showdown"
Posted by electropoprebel on 05-15-06 at 02:04 AM
figure it out, and im in

"The SurvivorBlows Showdown"
Posted by tribephyl on 05-15-06 at 05:50 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-15-06 AT 05:51 AM (EST)

I'm so in...
Specially if someone else besides me hosts!

Better be good.

Bring It On!
Where's emydi and Nemo? I'll take 'em both down. And Vix too if she'll have me.

""
Posted by Kermit the Vixen on 05-15-06 at 08:23 AM
That sounds like a CHALLENGE to me, Tribe! I'm here, I'm in, and I am READY TO GO!

I was so not looking forward to a survivorless summer!

Posted by emydi on 05-15-06 at 09:52 AM
um, I have to think about this...what is the time commitment?

Posted by southpaw on 05-15-06 at 10:13 AM
If I get 16 players, I'm looking at two challenges a week. So we are looking at a schedule that may look something like this

Monday- Challenge would be posted in the morning
Tuesday- Challenge need to be finished around midnight
Wednesday- Results posted with losing tribe/tribes having
24 hours to send me their TC vote
Thursday- Results of TC posted alone with next Challenge

Most Challenges will NOT be long should only take about an hour or less for the challenges. Of course the challenges will be harder as the game goes. Also in the Tribal challenges if may be possible that you fellow teammates could have the challenge completed without you.

So I guess time wise you are looking at about two maybe three hours a week.

Posted by emydi on 05-15-06 at 01:01 PM
The game I think Estee is talking about was in OT...

KT also hosted an online Survivor game in 2004 (where I got my WWW moniker thx jerrethan) in which I played (came in 6th--the Rat "won" ) and it really took a lot of time bc of all the "alliances" that were formed/broken, etc.

Sorry, but I cannot commit to this game bc I wouldn't play halfa$$ and I don't have time to go full out..sorry

Posted by coolbluepig on 05-15-06 at 06:02 AM
I wanna be a survivor...

Co0L 3luE P1g: OINK OINK...

Posted by CattyChat on 05-15-06 at 07:21 AM
Count me in. Sounds like fun.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

"Ummm..."
Posted by Estee on 05-15-06 at 10:01 AM
While I wasn't around for it, I heard there was a game like this a few years back, and it wound up with a lot of hurt feelings all around and more than a few harsh words. (I think it was under the title 'Blowsvivor') A second round might not go over that well with management.

"RE: Ummm..."
Posted by southpaw on 05-15-06 at 10:16 AM
oh I didn't realize that was the case. I've sent one of the mods a message and hopefully I'll know more about if I can host this game or not...thanks for the heads up

Posted by JohnMc on 05-15-06 at 10:44 AM
If Tribe, Vix, etal are in, then I'm in, too!

Posted by Wallflower66 on 05-15-06 at 12:13 PM
I'd love to play if you are able to get it going.

Posted by Manzana on 05-15-06 at 12:25 PM
been lurking around here for since the beginning of S12, mostly in the spoilers area, but would love to play in a game

Posted by Fishercat on 05-15-06 at 01:53 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-15-06 AT 01:57 PM (EST)

Considering I pulled an Osten in the last one due to the level of feelings that were involved in a similar game, it's not a good idea for me to get involved (FWIW, I don't regret that move for a second). This is just more of a confirmation message of what was said by Emy about another game like this. I only got to a few of the game's more anger filled moments, and the best thing it did for me is that it increased my respect for the people who actually do this, along with an understanding of why people are bitter.

Posted by emydi on 05-15-06 at 03:37 PM
another game?

Let's play some DOTS

Posted by Fishercat on 05-15-06 at 06:23 PM
No...not dots. EYARGH. What an evil, twisted game that was. Massive board, time limit. Slow load times too.

Posted by Das Mole on 05-15-06 at 07:31 PM
Haha, I used to play sooo many of these. I think I've done at least 15, but I finally kicked the habit.

I'd say yes, but I'm afraid I'll get addicted again...or voted off first Maybe if I change my mind I'll join. But yeah, these are fun so don't be afraid to sign up, people

"The sign up list"
Posted by southpaw on 05-15-06 at 10:23 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-28-06 AT 03:14 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-25-06 AT 01:08 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-17-06 AT 11:00 PM (EST)

I haven't heard one way or another if I'm gonna be allowed to host this game from the mods yet but until then I'm gonna keep a list of players here.

1. Electropoprebel
2. Tribephyl
3. Kermit the Vixen
4. Coolbluepig
5. CattyChat
6. JohnMc
7. Wallflower66
8. Manzana
9. livinlarge1226
10. Quiddity99
11. mll1717
12. mimo
13. agressionx

"challenge"
Posted by livinlarge1226 on 05-16-06 at 07:02 PM
i guess ill try it it seems fun

"RE: survivorblows challange"
Posted by livinlarge1226 on 05-16-06 at 07:04 PM
add me to the list please

Posted by livinlarge1226 on 05-16-06 at 07:44 PM
i have a question, will you put the challenges on the forum

Posted by southpaw on 05-17-06 at 10:59 PM
I will post alot of information in the forum, but I'm thinking that challenges will be sent to your survivorblows inbox. That way only the players involed know what the challenges are, but until I get an okay from the mods about this game and enough players I haven't finalized anything for sure..

Posted by livinlarge1226 on 05-17-06 at 05:35 PM
hello soyth paw i want to sign up please

Posted by tribephyl on 05-17-06 at 06:13 PM
Welcome to Blows, livinlarge.
Just soes you know, there is an edit feature built into these forums. If you choose to do so you can go back and edit your posts so you don't end up with 4 messages in a row.

Posted by livinlarge1226 on 05-17-06 at 07:00 PM
thamks,where is southpaw

Posted by mll1717 on 05-18-06 at 08:39 AM
Molli shouts out "I'm game!!"

A Tribe Original

Posted by Manzana on 05-22-06 at 01:10 PM
I was just replying to keep this thread up near the top...is there anyway to postmark it to stay near the top so people see it, just hoping it will fill out soon. Anxious to play

Posted by Quiddity99 on 05-22-06 at 06:44 PM
Count me in!
---
...Great Moments in Survivor History...
Lex: Clarence, we're voting you off.
Lex: Ethan, you were my biggest ally in Africa, but I've decided that we're gonna vote you off.
Lex: Jerri, you're my most loyal ally right now, but I've decided that we're voting you off.
Boston Rob: Lex, we're voting you off.
Lex: WAAAAAAHHH!

Posted by Manzana on 05-24-06 at 09:24 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-24-06 AT 09:26 AM (EST)

I don't claim to be no math wizard, but if Molli and Quiddy are added that gives us eleven. Southpaw would you object having a game with just 12? Just asking. I will see if I can coax someone to join our game.

Posted by southpaw on 05-25-06 at 01:10 PM
I have no problems starting the game with 12 players..However if by Monday there isn't at least 12 players then the game will be cancelled...

I'll start reworking the game with fewer players just in case thou

Posted by mimo on 05-25-06 at 08:28 PM
Hey Southpaw,

I've been meaning to post, but I'm not able to from work. If you're still looking for someone to complete the game I'd be interested. (Hopefully things won't get too crazy and force me to Osten!!) Sounds like it could be fun!!

Posted by Manzana on 05-26-06 at 01:04 PM
Good on ya mimo.... you saved this game's life.

Posted by agressionx on 05-26-06 at 06:12 PM
I'm interested too..