URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID88
Thread Number: 413
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"9/05 Episode Discussion"

Posted by cycles2k on 09-05-06 at 09:03 PM
Lets keep discussion about the September 5 episode here.

(I really think somebody with a higher DAW level should be creating these, but nobody did).

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Dilana - Behind Blue Eyes (The Who)"
Posted by cycles2k on 09-05-06 at 09:09 PM
She will not be doing the kung fu kick because she ripped a calf muscle and was carried on stage. (Shameless sympathy ploy).

My opinion: She started out just like Limp Bizkit and her voice sounded great. When she broke into the Who only portion she returned to the same old Dilana voice. I enjoyed it anyway.

"Dilan - Supersoul (original)"
Posted by cycles2k on 09-05-06 at 09:13 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-05-06 AT 09:14 PM (EST)

Sounds pretty good to me but she still sounds pretty much the same as she always does.

Apparently the calf healed because she can stand up now, but she is not doing the kick.

Dave falls all over himself congratulating her on singing with a pulled calf muscle, but finally said something that hinted at being semi-critical. Tommy loved it, Gilby criticized the poor lyrics. Jason said something about strong will and effort but he said it in a very slow thoughtful voice.

"RE: Dilan - Supersoul (original)"
Posted by KimD on 09-05-06 at 09:19 PM
Just so you know you're not typing into nothingness...

(thanks for starting the thread)

Posted by cycles2k on 09-05-06 at 09:22 PM
Thank you Kim.

Posted by Tamena on 09-05-06 at 10:03 PM
*chimes in too*
we're here...hubby was sitting on me and I couldn't get to the puter LOL between him and the doberlope o doom I was STUCK!

Dilana did NOT look like a happy camper tonight.
I liked what everyone did pretty much but Storm's stuff was my favorite this evening =)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Karma doesn't come back on people because some universal controller-god pushes buttons. It comes back on people because they dig holes for themselves to fall into.

Posted by nailbone on 09-05-06 at 10:11 PM
Dilana did NOT look like a happy camper tonight.

I am SO over Dilana and her pity party!

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster and OT Fantasy Football Champ! o-

Posted by Glow on 09-05-06 at 10:14 PM
LOL. I *heart* Kim.

Posted by skye on 09-05-06 at 10:13 PM
Good goddess I'm sick of listening to her whine about how hard she's had it. Maybe she should have sung "Nobody knows the trouble I've seen, nobody knows my sorrow."

3 words: Let. It. Go.

For me it pretty much nullifies anything she sings.

"Magni - 2 songs"
Posted by cycles2k on 09-05-06 at 09:23 PM
Back in the USSR (Beatles)

Mr. consistency does it again. He sounded great but nothing original. The house band was incredible.

When the Time Comes (original)

I was a little Meh but Dave loved it. Tommy pointed out that he always sounds the same, but Magni had the perfect comeback. Gilby agreed with Toby.

"RE: Magni - 2 songs"
Posted by nailbone on 09-05-06 at 10:12 PM
"They sounded the same"

"Because I sang both of them".

Loved that!!!

Posted by Glow on 09-05-06 at 10:15 PM
yeah! I loved that too. I love his vein. But, unfortunately, all my bitterness is directed at him this week. For some reason. Poor Magni. I realize that it's not rational, but there it is.

Posted by CattyChat on 09-05-06 at 10:36 PM
Magni is my Ty this season . . . great, consistent vocals, but just doesn't have that something extra that compels you ( and I also think Magni will have a better 'tude when he doesn't win).

Anyway, like Ty, I have no complaints. He is pretty darn good, but I don't see him winning. How can you not like him?

"Storm - 2 songs"
Posted by cycles2k on 09-05-06 at 09:35 PM
Suffragette City (David Bowie), with Dave Navaro

Sounded OK to me. Dave totally hogged the stage.

Ladylike (original)

I think it may actually may be "What the F... is Ladylike" but Storm sang the primetime version: "What the What is Ladylike". I thought it was very good. I probably would not buy the CD for the song, but it would be fun to watch live.

Dave loved it and said it was his favorite original of both seasons. Tommy and Gilby agreed. The camera shot to Dilana looking concerned.

"RE: Storm - 2 songs"
Posted by nailbone on 09-05-06 at 10:13 PM
Actually, I thought they played off each other well.

And it IS "What the F... is Ladylike". And I LOVED IT!!!!!

Posted by CattyChat on 09-05-06 at 10:44 PM
Storm has been on a roller coaster for me this season. She started off high, then hit the low the last couple three weeks. Storm is hot, but she is nothing unforgettable and must see for me as a rock star.

She did a better than average job on both her songs & I enjoyed her original more than the cover & I'm sure it really rocks with the "real" lyrics. However, for Dave to say it was the best original from both seasons??? I don't think so, that's a bit much.

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 09-05-06 at 11:26 PM
So over with Storm. I am sick of her. Acts like a wanta be wrapper that don't know how to wrap. Thought she looked like Kid Rock with that white tank and her hat off. I hope she goes home, but get the feeling it is Magni's turn.

Posted by nailbone on 09-06-06 at 02:58 PM
When did she try to "wrap"?

"Lukas - 2 songs for Glow. "
Posted by cycles2k on 09-05-06 at 09:45 PM
Livin’ On a Prayer (Bon Jovi)

I was not a big Lukas fan, but that was absolutely incredible. I think Lukas just proved that he really is the man to beat.

Headspin (original)

Oh my, that was great too.

Dave was as impressed as I. Tommy and Gilby liked it too.

"RE: Lukas - 2 songs for Glow. "
Posted by nailbone on 09-05-06 at 10:15 PM
I HATED "LOAP"!!! Despised it!! Couldn't understand a word of it, and I know the song. And I would have hated to be whomever had to sing into that mic after he swallowed it for his whole set.

"Headspin", OTOH, was OK.

Posted by skye on 09-05-06 at 10:53 PM
Aw honey. You're just annoyed because you're not getting your weekly unitard fix anymore.

Posted by nailbone on 09-05-06 at 10:57 PM
LOL!! Ah, but there's always sweet hot Storm.

Posted by skye on 09-05-06 at 11:00 PM
Yes but now she's covering up her oobies.

You're now forced to actually listen to the music because there's nothing left to ogle. This applies in my case as well sice Mr. Star is gone.

Posted by dragonflies on 09-06-06 at 00:10 AM
covering up her oobies??? Looked like she was about to have a wardrobe malfunction!

Go Pack!

Posted by nailbone on 09-06-06 at 03:06 PM
I heard that. I may have to go back and watch again!

As for having to listen, I have no problem with that either, cuz I think she's AWESOME!!

Posted by Glow on 09-05-06 at 10:41 PM
I just noticed your subject line. Yes, since Ryan's not there, I'm glad baby got to sing for me twice.

I liked the smile on Dilana's face when he was doing LOAP. Might have given me a little soft spot for her again.

Posted by mememi on 09-06-06 at 02:56 PM
Livin on a Prayer - I was a Bon Jovi fan back in those days(*hangs head in embarrassment*), and even though it was totally changed I was really impressed! If he had kept it the same he would have sounded totally ridiculous, it's just so not Lukas. I felt like he stayed true to the song & lyrics but made it his

Headspin - I liked it, again it was totally him(I know -- duh, it's his song) but his style really came out well. I think the originals are the make-or-break to see if they are right for SN.

"Lukas - Prayer & Head Spin"
Posted by CattyChat on 09-05-06 at 09:49 PM
Late to the show today (but on DVR so I can rewind later). At least my 2 faves AFTER Ryan are the last 2 tonight.

Okay, I heart Lukas, but I also am a Jon Bon fan and I really hated Lukas' performance of Livin' on a Prayer. I didn't like the arrangement, BUT I loved the sound of Lukas' vocals. It was a love-hate for me -- yin-yang.

Now, for the original, I loved it. This is Lukas and I'm glad he was able to do his thing. That was perfect. Lukas has so much charisma, he is truly amazing.

"RE: Lukas - Prayer & Head Spin"
Posted by Glow on 09-05-06 at 10:17 PM
you gotta give him props though because that sounded absolutely nothing like Bon Jovi. LOL. Course, I'm a bigger Lukas fan than a BJ fan. er, Bon Jovi, I mean.

"Toby - 2 songs"
Posted by cycles2k on 09-05-06 at 09:56 PM
Mr. Brightside (The Killers)

Sang an angry version that was closer to the Killer's version than Marty's version. The house band and the audience seemed to really enjoy it.

Throw It Away (original)

It was a bit juvenile but it was a very catchy tune and I found it very enjoyable. Toby really worked the audience throughout the song.

Dave loved the original. Tommy and Gilby loved it and thought it was a lot of fun. Jason said he was magical.

"RE: Toby - 2 songs"
Posted by nailbone on 09-05-06 at 10:17 PM
Toby is my #1 fave, and he didn't disappoint. I especially liked the original song. VERY fun!

Posted by skye on 09-05-06 at 10:56 PM
Mr. Skye says he sounds like he should be starring at a soccer riot.

Now with 50% less hotness thanks to Arkie.

Posted by mememi on 09-06-06 at 03:02 PM
Toby hasn't generally been my fave so far... I just couldn't see him with the band (did he perform with SN? I moved and they messed up my cable so I missed last week and result show week before). In any case, last night I could totally see it. He did a great job with both songs, plus he had a great rapport with the audience and built on it w/ his original which was really catchy.

"Initial voting results"
Posted by cycles2k on 09-05-06 at 10:02 PM
After the first few minutes of voting from highest to lowest are:

1) Toby
2) Lukas
3) Magni
4) Storm
5) Dilana

Sounds about right to me with the exception of the fact that Toby and Lukas both deserve #1.

"RE: Initial voting results"
Posted by nailbone on 09-05-06 at 10:18 PM
No way that Lukas should be above Storm.

'Cept that they've already anointed him.

Posted by Glow on 09-05-06 at 10:25 PM
eh. No way Toby should be above either of them. *shrug*

Posted by michel on 09-05-06 at 10:38 PM
"Backstreet-gimmick Boy" knows how to have fun and he is popular.

Posted by seahorse on 09-06-06 at 09:11 AM
I thought it was great that Dilana started off in last place, even though I don't think Super Nova will vote her out at this time.

Slice & Dice Sigpic Chop Shop 2005

"Bottom three?"
Posted by Cathy the Canadian on 09-05-06 at 10:02 PM
What was the listing for the final five? It didn't show up on my tv for some reason.

Thanks.

"RE: Bottom three?"
Posted by Cathy the Canadian on 09-05-06 at 10:04 PM
We must have been typing at the same time. Thanks!

"Toby Wins"
Posted by CattyChat on 09-05-06 at 10:06 PM
I further my final 2 of Dilana/Toby to Toby as the winner.

I loved his Mr. Brightsides mostly for the energy and performance. Toby just has so much life on stage.

Toby's original was a great, fun song. Toby has great vocals and a lively energetic personality on stage. He is a fun, good guy. For all these reasons, I see him fronting this band.

With Ryan out of the mix, the next most-talented person remaining is Lukas, BUT I have said before he is too good for SN and his style is not right for THIS band.

I personally like Toby so much more than any of the SN members, but I see Toby as the perfect fit. He is just good old rock and roll & a fun person. They will ride out the short term with a great guy who can fit with their personalities the best.

Unfortunately, if Toby wins I may very well buy a ticket to see them on their tour. Damn! Now I have Ryan (who I am seeing without a doubt & now will be in Philly soon), Lukas (hoing he'll come to Philly) & SN with Toby. If SN doesn't choose Toby, Evs, I save some cash and enjoy my Toby performances from the show.

Okay, now to watch the earlier performances, though I know I won't enjoy them like I did Lukas & Toby. Plus, I will miss Ryan even more. Hopefully, next week Ryan will be back!

"House band on tour"
Posted by michel on 09-05-06 at 10:18 PM
Brooke said the house band will be opening up during SN's tour and will have the singers doing the best songs of the season.

"RE: House band on tour"
Posted by Cathy the Canadian on 09-05-06 at 10:23 PM
She didn't say who would be participating in that. I can't imagine everyone would be coming back.

Ryan for sure.
Zayra probably.
Maybe Josh.
Maybe Dana.

Do the fans even care about anyone else? Do we really need to see Jill Gioia? Or Jenny? Or *yawn* Patrice?

Posted by Glow on 09-05-06 at 10:26 PM
If Ryan's touring, I'm buying.

Posted by dragonflies on 09-06-06 at 00:14 AM
I'd go see the House Band before seeing SN

Posted by mememi on 09-06-06 at 03:13 PM
My best guess is that it would be different singers in different cities, likely they would try to get as much of the final 5-6 as possible. depending who's on near me I might be more inclined to aim for tickets...

"RE: Toby Wins"
Posted by Glow on 09-05-06 at 10:23 PM
Brooke said at the top of the show that Ryan has the top 3 MSN downloads. Yay baby! I love him. LOVE him.

"RE: Toby Wins"
Posted by MKitty on 09-06-06 at 12:43 PM
I totally thought of you when they announced how well Ryan is doing

"Oh, Dilana"
Posted by CattyChat on 09-05-06 at 10:28 PM
I'm watching what I missed before I start voting for Toby & Lukas (unless something miraculous happens to make me vote for anyone else).

First of all, I think she's playing up her "torn calf muscle." Evs.

The clinic ... way back when SN saw that Dilana's song writing left a lot to be desired. Juvenile? Yes. Literal? Yes. Unimaginative? Yes. They kept her over Ryan, so that's that on the song writing.

My summation of Dilana is this . . . I love her sound & vocals (not my fave, but top 4 of my list for sound). However, Dilana's lack of creativity, poetry, lyric writing is her Achilles. If this show was American Idol Rock Star, Dilana would be my fave to win. She is a great vocalist with a unique sound and stage presence, but she needs someone else to do the writing for her. Dilana is not a true rock star.

That is all I have to say about her.

P.S. She also needs to work on her insecurity/lack of confidence. That is what lead her down from the top to the bottom. I was shocked in the last week, talking to a lot of people who were Dilana fans until what they saw last week. It's a shame she lost so much of her following for her mistake.

"RE: Oh, Dilana"
Posted by queenbee on 09-06-06 at 02:18 AM
It was also pretty weird to say that whole thing about "if I'm not chosen as the lead singer for this band, I promises to keep going..."

What was that about? Is she giving up? That pretty much told me that she doesn't think she can win anymore and is not even expecting anyone's votes. Not such a great message to be sending to SN at this point. What do you guys think?

"RE: Oh, Dilana"
Posted by cheesybread on 09-06-06 at 09:05 AM
LAST EDITED ON 09-06-06 AT 09:09 AM (EST)

P.S. She also needs to work on her insecurity/lack of confidence. That is what lead her down from the top to the bottom. I was shocked in the last week, talking to a lot of people who were Dilana fans until what they saw last week. It's a shame she lost so much of her following for her mistake.

It is a shame, but basically she deserved it. When you make a mistake people will forgive you. Even more then one. However, if you make a mistake, roll in it like a pig in mud, play the victim, and then do the pull a hammy (I know it was a calf) routine it comes across as desparite and pathetic. I think that is what people are reacting to. For a woman her age, there is a maturity that is severly lacking.

BTW, I don't doubt the authenticity of her injury. It just seems as though it was played up to maximize the sympathy vote.

"Writing session with Gilby"
Posted by queenbee on 09-06-06 at 02:25 AM
Did anyone notice that they didn't even bother to show Magni or Storm's sessions with Gilby? Just Lukas, Dilana and Toby. Think that might be foreshadowing the final three?

"RE: 9/05 Episode Discussion"
Posted by MKitty on 09-06-06 at 12:51 PM
My thoughts of last night:

Magni: was good - Mr. Consistency all the way... Liked his original. Could see Panic Channel totally doing that song (was that Dave madly scribbing down chords?? - LOL

Storm: LOVE Bowie and thought she did a decent job...felt bad for her in a way because of Dave getting some spotlight...but was really glad to see DAve rock out as I LOVE him... REally liked her original

Lukas: REally liked what he did with LOAP. Love his voice. No, I cannot always tell what he is singing..but hey...I do love his voice. Liked his original...but not my fav.

Dilana: Hate her. Hated the way she got carried on stage. LIke the first part of her song..and then hated it when she went back to her usual Dilana growl. So over her. And, loved the way the camera kept panning to show her look of annoyance or disturbance during all the others' performances. She really seems to have thrown in the towel.

Toby: He's kinda boring and his voice doesn't inspire me....but he's fun. Did like his fun catchy original.

I have no idea what is going to happen tonight.

"RE: 9/05 Episode Discussion"
Posted by Lahela on 09-06-06 at 03:17 PM
I seriously hope they just put Dilana out of her misery (and ours) tonight. I'm so over her and her attitude.(as well as her voice, not really a fan) Her original was disappointing at best and lacking in anything remotely involving creativity. She's just beating a dead horse. She needs to let it go already.

I really enjoyed Toby, Magni and Storm's performances.

I was severely disappointed with Lukas' rendition of LOAP. While creative in a sense that it was completely different from the original, I just don't like his voice. It sounds so forced and fake, IMHO, most of the time. His original was 'ok', but that's it. My husband thought it was good though, so what do I know!?!

I thought Toby's original was fun and energetic! Really enjoyed it. Magni's was awesome. I loved the magnitude and strength of his voice on his original. Brilliant.
Storm was good, liked both of her performances, again, the original was great!