URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID77
Thread Number: 413
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Raise Your Hand"

Posted by Canada Girl on 01-19-06 at 10:47 AM
If you wanna smack Jack around a little.

*Raises Hand*

He's starting to drive me crazy. Aside from medical crap, he's becoming the worst leader candidate of the lot. Even Sawyer has more control.

Jack heads gun fire, yells out "Michael!". Geezes.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Raise Your Hand"
Posted by dragonflies on 01-19-06 at 10:49 AM
Ooo,Ooo,Ooo. *raises hand Horshack style* Pick me, Pick me!

Posted by maroonclowns mom on 01-19-06 at 10:57 AM
If you are talking about how he treated Katie, well she deserved it. Just couldn`t stay away so she had to be protected.

Posted by CattyChat on 01-19-06 at 11:07 AM
*Raises hand & gets out of chair*.

Yes, Jacko has been on my nerves for awhile. His attitude gets on my nerves, his passive-aggressive thing with Kate gets on my nerves, his need to give Locke 'tude gets on my nerves, his "I- think-rationally-yet-run-into-gun-fire-like-an-idiot" gets on my nerves.

I better stop now, because I'm getting aggravated.

A PhoenixMons Production

"Can I raise both hands?"
Posted by J I M B O on 01-19-06 at 11:38 AM

I thought it was a rather important moment when his wife said “you’ll always need something to fix”. Jack bugs the heck outta me, and his issues are very much based on compulsive need for control. Seems to shed light on our cultural acceptance/approval of workaholics, when there are some that need psychological help. (Some meaning not all.)

Maybe we’re seeing the beginnings of the long prognosticated ‘division’ of islanders…

Posted by Pretty_Kitty on 01-19-06 at 12:55 PM
my paw is raised

Jack=Boooring

more Sawyer! less Jack!!!

Posted by Elaine0 on 01-19-06 at 01:00 PM
I don't find anything wrong with Jack. It's Charlie I want to smack.

Posted by AugustGirl on 01-19-06 at 06:20 PM
Amen to that! I like Jack. Charlie annoys the spit out of me.

It's an Arkie.

Posted by 1derfool on 01-25-06 at 10:38 AM
Maybe they can arrange a hostage swap - Charlie goes to The Others in exchange for Walt?

Posted by Das Mole on 01-19-06 at 04:52 PM
There are quite a few characters I can't stand.

Jack is definitely getting on my nerves and he has been for a while, I definitely think the way he acts is rather disagreeable most of the time.

Michael is a doofus and shouldn't have used the computer anyway. Good God.

Yes, Kate was an idiot with her "curiosity" this episode, but I'd be pissed too if that a-hole Jack talked down to me. Of course, I wouldn't go out in the jungle, lol, but I still love Kate :-P

And someone mentioned Charlie...Charlie is just plain irritating. I don't really like the character, and Dominic Monaghan isn't really too great either, IMO. I like Claire and think Emilie de Ravin does a good job at playing the part, but I just wish she wasn't involved with Charlie b/c it really makes her less enjoyable...every time she's on the screen, Charlie shows up as well.

Posted by emydi on 01-19-06 at 09:14 PM
Sorry das...I was screaming "shoot her! shoot her!" to Zeke even after they gave up their weapons..

oh and Jack...enuf of his back story...we get it!!

Posted by Das Mole on 01-21-06 at 02:31 PM
*Gasp*

I actually thought it wasn't Kate, but a decoy of some sort at first...the dim lighting made her look really weird.

Posted by J Slice on 01-19-06 at 06:21 PM
In my defense, I never liked him.

Does he just arbitrarily fight with everyone?

Posted by Canada Girl on 01-20-06 at 10:51 PM
I freaking love that sig pic.

Just saying.

Freaking love it.

Posted by batts on 01-21-06 at 04:42 PM
JSlice DOES have a great siggy, huh?

Jack isn't getting on my nerves. Charlie and his drug addiction are getting on my nerves. I wish the 'others' would take care of that problem. Claire and her 'bay-bee' are getting on my nerves. Sawyer and his fake, and useless, TOUGH-GUY image, are getting on my nerves. Whats the use of having a 'Bad-@§§' around if he can't save the day?
Hurley is quickly becoming my favorite character.

Posted by Elaine0 on 01-22-06 at 09:15 AM
During the long break I started rewatching the first season and was reminding of how much I liked Charlie in the beginning. I don't think I was alone on that. It got me wondering when the Charlie hate started. Was it when he shot Ethan or was it that people just got fed up of his whining?

I still enjoy Sawyer. Him and Hurley provide a lot of the laughs on the show.

I get tired of Locke. Can he ever just answer a question instead of him asking one back? He constantly corrects people. Many people think Jack acts superior, but Locke seems to always be trying to teach people lessons. He hits Boone over the head, ties him up and leaves him in the jungle. Then lies to others about not seeing Boone. If Sawyer or anyone else would have done that, they'd be strung up. But Locke does it and Boone keeps his mouth shut. Then there is when he hit Sayid over the head and broke his equipment. It didn't seem like Sayid told anyone about that. I won't even go into Boone's accident.

But the more I watch the show, the more I like Jack. My take is that all of his life he has tried to do his best and continues trying on the island. But I do agree that maybe sometimes people don't need his help. I also feel that people on the show like to find fault with him, especially his father. Jack tries to do good and his father has a way of making it sound like it is a flaw.

Posted by batts on 01-22-06 at 03:47 PM
Yaaa, I still like Jack. He isn't getting on my nerves. I really don't understand the 'lets smack Jack' feelings going around. He's the most useful person on the island as far as I'm concerned. He's a DOCTOR!
..... I think I started 'not really caring for' Charlie when his heroin addiction was revealed. My dislike for him peaked when he belittled Rouseaus' claim of 'Whispers', and called her a 'Loon' for "hearing things". To me, he reminds me of a big RAT, that follows people around, annoying everyone with his "You all, everybody" song, which I never liked (sorry)...... and found myself wishing that, on that last episode, Eko would've
Smacked him down with his Jesus Stick!

You make me think twice about Locke, though. You're right. He has gotten away with a lot of stuff. I still wonder why he didn't share the discovery of the 'hatch' with everyone when he, and Boone, first found it. I still like him, but am starting to get very suspicious.

illusion:face looking at Dharma container during Locke/Michael shooting practice

Posted by Das Mole on 01-22-06 at 04:14 PM
In regards to Charlie, I have to agree w/that stupid "You all everybody" thing...or like when he was talking to Jin at the shore in this last episode, before Eko walked up...WTF was that? Oh wait, I know what it was...pointless and not funny, lol.

In regards to Locke, I have a strange, haunting suspicion that he's actually one of the Others. Not sure, though.

Posted by AugustGirl on 01-23-06 at 07:32 AM
I'm with you, Elaine. Charlie bugs me big time, and Locke is creepy. At least Jack is looking out for the good of the group. Locke, on the other hand, seems to have some secret agenda. Up to this point, he has kept more secrets from the group than anyone else.

Agree completely with your assessment of Jack.

It's an Arkie.

Posted by strid333 on 01-21-06 at 09:21 AM
I can't say I've ever been a huge fan of Jack. I loved the way that Locke said to the effect, "Are you going to force Michael to stop looking for his son."

Three is the perfect number.

Posted by DRONES on 01-23-06 at 04:49 AM
I don't really understand all the Jack hate going on. He's the glue that holds everyone together. Without him there would have been a complete division amoung the front side of the plane.

DRONES

Posted by Misty Twist on 01-26-06 at 10:07 AM
His character was cool in the beginning but the need to fix EVERYTHING is so old. People are saying they liked his compassion for Charlie in last nights epi. Well I just think it was his control disorder that made him do that.
And what the heck is with him wanting to fight the others? wouldn't you try to find out as much as you could about the enemy before attacking? No he wants to go in there all willy nilly. He's and idoit.

Posted by volsfan on 01-26-06 at 10:11 AM
His character was cool in the beginning but the need to fix EVERYTHING is so old

And Locke trying to control every situation is getting old for me. I read your response on the other thread and have to say that I don't think violence (Locke beating the crap out of Charlie) is the answer to the problem.

We all like/dislike characters for different reasons and you have every right to like Locke but I am more over his controlling issued than Jack trying to fix everything. IMHO.

Posted by Misty Twist on 01-26-06 at 10:20 AM
So do you not think Jack is trying to control every situation?
Having the key to the gun case around his neck? His demanding Kate to stay like a little dog? Those are just a couple I can think of right now.
I think Jack is just as guilty of trying to control situations as Locke is. If the sides are going to divided like people think maybe then these two characters being controlling is for reason.

Also, if you don't think violence is the answer then do you agree with Jack forming an army? (I can see both sides of the coin here just interested in your thoughts)
Shouldn't he have tried or try to figure out the Others a bit more first? Like when he saw them in the jungle instead of being so resistant I think he should of tried to communicate with them a bit more. I think Locke wanted to but Jack told him to pipe down(another example).

Posted by volsfan on 01-26-06 at 10:50 AM
I am not taking sides of either (Jack or Locke) because they are not one of my favorite.

So do you not think Jack is trying to control every situation?

Not as much this season as last. At least this season we are getting information on many of the other peeps and not concentrating on him.

I think Fester put it best on the East Coast Thread and explains how I feel about the Charlie situation from last night's show.

As far as building an army...we will see if it pans out. However, I do see protecting yourself as a group a bigger issue than turning on your own (especially because someone is SUSPECTED of using drugs).

Posted by mollymc on 01-29-06 at 07:08 PM
LAST EDITED ON 01-29-06 AT 07:09 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 01-29-06 AT 07:08 PM (EST)

i would like to see ana lucia smack jack.

Posted by Bmw4mom on 01-30-06 at 02:42 PM
I am raising my hand....I am getting sick of Jack, too.

Right now I think he would be better off if he just said nothing and just came into the scene when somebody needed a fixin'.

Posted by AnaNg3 on 01-31-06 at 10:44 AM
I've hated Jack from the beginning. I wish that he could be killed off but they need a doctor on the show. maybe they'll find another survivor in the jungle and that person could be a doctor. Besides, who died and left him in charge???