URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID75
Thread Number: 413
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Celebrity Apprentice Episode #3 East Coast Spoiler Thread"

Posted by Estee on 01-17-08 at 01:05 PM
Please keep all discussion of The Night Gene Became A Girl on this thread until the West Coast gets to hear him say 'Hey, wait a minute! Now that I'm female, I can wear even more makeup! Plus I finally get to add heels to the costume! -- say, anyone seen my maxipads?'

(Go on. Get that image out of your head.)

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Celebrity Apprentice Episode #3 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Posted by jbug on 01-17-08 at 08:53 PM
Estee, you're a trip girl!
Looking at your DAW count? 25,200?
That's the amount I say will be awarded to the winner's charity tonite.

Posted by Estee on 01-17-08 at 08:59 PM
Early prediction: men lose, either Tito or Lennox leaves.

I'm basing that entirely on the promos and the way Donald's speaking during the presumed-actual firing.

Posted by jbug on 01-17-08 at 09:15 PM
(during commercial)
Do you realize that it was about 20 years ago that Donald was near (or maybe even was) bankrupt? Trying to figure out what he could do with Trump Castle in Palm Beach to make a few bucks?
Quite a comeback, huh?

Posted by Snidget on 01-17-08 at 09:23 PM
Gene has no need for boxes.
CEO's are in the box
Gene has no need for meetings with CEOs.

Why do I want to do Schrödinger's cat thought experiment with Gene for real?

Posted by Estee on 01-17-08 at 09:26 PM
This is Gene.

This is Gene's ego.

This is some more of Gene's ego.

This is still more of Gene's ego.

This is yet...

...we may be here a while.

Posted by jbug on 01-17-08 at 09:28 PM
are you saying this may be a long nite?

Posted by Estee on 01-17-08 at 09:28 PM
Task: in the usual one day, turn an Airstream bus into a rolling print center for Kodak and push the rebranding to a printer company.

Gene PM for the women, Tito PM for the men.

Gene wants the planet to be a Kodak world: welcome.

Tito wants to take secondary focus at best for the whole episode.

Gene wants to ignore the Kodak focus on cheap ink.

We would all like to ignore the show.

Posted by jbug on 01-17-08 at 09:35 PM
Regardless of who is named PM, Baldwin is going to take over.
And? Trace speaks, actually speaks! More than just a voice over! He speaks!

Posted by Estee on 01-17-08 at 09:37 PM
Work delegation: Gene has all the ideas and the women do all the work. (Most of the women: Nely just stands around and giggles a lot.) Voldy would like to kill Gene, but she wants the win more.

The men have split up into an Airstream team and a War Room team. The War Room team is doing most of the work designing Airstream graphics on Piers' Apple. Stephen decides to take a picture with a knocked-out Tito and Lennox. They tilt the table exiting it and spill coffee all over the Apple. Goodbye, graphics.

Gee, could this be a problem?

Posted by Estee on 01-17-08 at 09:47 PM
The women have a means-nothing all-encompassing brand message and Gene's charisma, along with a decent-looking Airstream and some light celebrity draw power.

The men have a very direct focus on the ink price point, Stephen's big brother making an overpriced buy/donation to the cause, half the Airstream decorated, the overall air of a garbage dump on the unfinished side, and Piers throwing bull as if it's about to become the national sport.

Gee. Close one.

Posted by Snidget on 01-17-08 at 09:49 PM
Good thing Baldwin has lots of brothers.

Posted by Snidget on 01-17-08 at 09:54 PM
Only Gene is right.
Kodak has no idea what they want.
The client is wrong.

Yikes!

Posted by jbug on 01-17-08 at 10:01 PM
He's amazing he really is. Do you think he is wanting to get fired?

Posted by Estee on 01-17-08 at 10:01 PM
('Gee' may be the word of the night.)

So who won?

...no, still don't care...

...but for whatever it's worth, Hydra wins (and my prediction goes softball), because Kodak liked the ink focus more than they hated the incomplete outer presentation: the inner work was solid. Plus the men sold more.

And right to the Boardroom we go.

Gene is saying Kodak made the wrong decision: he knows more than they do and their opinion shouldn't count. Ivanka: tough.

The Kodak execs don't like that Nely talked too much during the briefing.

Who would you fire? Carol: herself or Nely. Everyone else but Nely: Gene. Nely: Jen, because I am permanently attached to Gene's rear.

And there's the promo quote.

Gawds, I hate this show.

Gene, who are you bringing back? Gene wants to bring in one person: Voldy. Donald can't believe this. Voldy is not the reason the task failed. Given the choice between Voldy and Gene, he's going to fire Gene. Donald is doing everything but pointing a megaphone at Gene's ear and screaming 'BRING BACK NELY, YOU MORON!' Gene is offered a second chance: bring back someone else. Or die.

Commercial.

Posted by Snidget on 01-17-08 at 10:02 PM
Donald: Bring back Voldy and only Voldy and you will be gone. You don't want that I don't want that. Bring Nelly with you. Kodak didn't like Nelly I will gladly fire Nelly and keep you.

Gene: It is about who I trust and the Kodak executives are not me and didn't hand over the reins of the company to me not to mention not giving me the win so they are wrong and I should only bring Voldy back for me because you will fire her for me because I am Gene.

Posted by Snidget on 01-17-08 at 10:04 PM
Well he brings back someone else. Miss Finch.

Cannot see past his own ego.

Posted by Snidget on 01-17-08 at 10:09 PM
Donald: I gave you a roadmap and told you exactly who to bring back so I would not fire you.

Gene: You are wrong.

Donald: You are fired.

Posted by jbug on 01-17-08 at 10:12 PM
He knew that would be the result. I still say Gene was ready to go home. He had played around long enough and wanted to go home.

What was that he said about a popcorn's *art?

Posted by vince3 on 01-17-08 at 10:32 PM
It was something about the women, in their current formation, don't have a popcorn fart's chance against the men's team......

"Will Gene take a hint?"
Posted by Estee on 01-17-08 at 10:12 PM
Because we haven't seen Donald work to save someone from themselves like this since -- actually, we've never seen it. This is kind of disturbing.

Gene will bring back --

-- Jennie.

O-kay...

In short: Donald basically tells Gene the full story. With outline and bookmarks. Donald wanted to fire Nely. Donald was telling Gene to bring in Nely so he could fire her and save Gene. Jennie did nothing wrong. Voldy actually did nothing wrong. He cannot in good conscience fire either one. But Gene is such a contrarian that he has to do the opposite of whatever Donald says, so -- Nely's outside. And Donald's not going to override on this one. Jennie can't go, Voldy can't go, and Gene can go catch his limo: fired.

Gene's last words? 'I was right.'

In a word? Oy.

"gene WAS right"
Posted by Angelfood on 01-17-08 at 10:21 PM
its obvious he committed suicide, maybe bc of pride or disagreement with the system- and he's right. Who leaves should not be decided by an individuals performance (or lack thereof) in THAT one challenge. Omarosa didnt do anything wrong THAt time, but she did in week 1- basically losing it for her team, by doing the same type of thing - not listening to teammates and making final decisions, like a Dictator. Jennie - is a wallflower and won't end up as the Apprentice, unless everyone else messes up.

The problem is that we aren't shown enough of footage. Did Carol and Nelly stress that Ink was the important word for Kodak? Did Gene dismiss that? And why aren't 2 ppl enough to rely what the execs said? In a way, it was irrelevant bc Gene did not want to focus on that - seeing the big picture instead, and no one (that we saw) stood up to him or fought.

Gene was too righteous, but he stood by his convictions - which were his confidence in himself, Nelly and Carol. He's right., imho. Nelly shouldn't be fired bc she was talkative. Its probably not an issue for Latino executives, and perhaps gets her ahead with many people. She tries, she steps up, she takes risks.

And Gene refused to throw her under the bus. Good for him!

"Horribly inappropriate question of the night."
Posted by Estee on 01-17-08 at 10:15 PM
Would you call that Geneicide?

"RE: Horribly inappropriate question of the night."
Posted by mistyrose52 on 01-19-08 at 11:01 AM
>Would you call that Geneicide?
>

I'd say so!! LOL!!!

"Stoopid previews."
Posted by Estee on 01-17-08 at 10:23 PM
'Two weeks from tonight'... Gee, wonder who wasn't fired in the intervening period. Who needs spoilers when NBC will Show It All To You! Out Of Sequence!

"RE: Stoopid previews."
Posted by Snidget on 01-17-08 at 10:35 PM
Well the zap2it guide has it coming on next week, but has the Knights on Broadway up, which looked like the preview?

I mean I've got the next summary, they have to preempt next week for something, right?

"RE: Stoopid previews."
Posted by vince3 on 01-21-08 at 11:09 PM
TV Guide has the title which is A Knight on Broadway, which involves the teams selling tickets for a Broadway show and one of the contestants donning a knight costume........

Board room guest: Vince McMahon!

David Hyde Pierce is also spotted at some time during the episode..... probably as the taskmaster.....