URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 4110
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"OFG Theory"

Posted by dabo on 09-29-03 at 02:34 AM
LAST EDITED ON 09-29-03 AT 10:41 AM (EST)

Even though she hasn't posted in awhile, and MB changes things up when he can, I think some attention should probably be paid to the old OFG (Outfrontgirl) Theory. OFG Theory held that the probable boot would be prominantly featured in the next episode promo at the end of each episode, usually but not always in a character-softening way.

After examining the next episode promo from episode 2, I find that Sandra and Jon would seem to be the most likely boot candidates. (However, Rupert enters the picture for having his single-person promo appear, which is a rarely unusual event.)

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: OFG Theory"
Posted by Brownroach on 09-29-03 at 12:01 PM
I remember OFG theory as being that the bootee would receive at least one solo shot in the preview, but would not necessarily be featured prominently. Often one very neutral shot of the person just standing around would be shown.

And I don't remember if it had to be in the end-of-episode preview or if it could be in a later preview.

"RE: OFG Theory"
Posted by dabo on 09-29-03 at 03:28 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-29-03 AT 04:37 PM (EST)

Original OFG Theory focussed on the preview at the end of each episode, basically it was really only that someone who wasn't given any promo time was safe from the boot, and in general it worked. Sarah wasn't in that preview the week she was booted, though she was featured prominently (visually) in the teaser that appeared after the Final Words and the start of the show that followed, and she was in other previews that week. OFG Theory kind of mutated quite a bit after awhile and everyone wound up with their own version of it.