URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID1
Thread Number: 4100
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Official RTVW Episode #13 Summary: "As Long As It’s Not Me!”"

Posted by MissMyth on 12-11-10 at 06:52 PM
Previously on Survivor: We recap Sash’s sad sojourn from rich and powerful to poor and scrambling for a place, any place, with the two remaining alliances of three. And we’re reminded that Neigh and Purple Kelly became big, ol’ quitters with only 11 days left in the game.

Night 28: Fabio finally figures out that there are now seven survivors left while Holly's rants about the quitters and Benry decides the Kelly-Nay is a great name for the remaining camp chicken. Incidentally, MB’s love of symbolism is working overtime on this episode as we are treated to snakes (did anyone else remember “red and yellow kill a fellow” when that first one slithered by), vultures, and rats. Oh my.

Day 29: Sash begins to scramble to find how he can regain some standing. He promises to use his II at the next TC to get the target off his back, while acknowledging that he’ll be a swing vote for either the Benry, Fabio, Dan group or the Chase, Holly, Jane trio. While Chase and Sash are collecting water Chase makes one of the patented Survivor mistakes - promising something absolutely. He promises Sash that if he wins a reward challenge he ABSOLUTELY will take Holly and Sash.

Reward Challenge is a redux of earlier challenges and will end in the winner being flown to a resort for a shower, massage, meal, and a bed.
1. Crawl through a mud pit under ropes
2. Dig a ball out of a haystack
3. Bounce said ball off a shield on the ground into a barrel

Chase, Jane, Benry, and Holly are the first four through and move on to Part 2:
4. Retrieve a key from a corkscrew using a stick
5. Use the key to open a chest with four sandbags
6. Toss all four bags on top of a barrel

Chase and Benry finish first and move on to Part 3:
7. Use a paddle to dig up three rope rings
8. Toss the rings onto pegs on a shield

And the winner is .... Chase! In a stunning non-surprise, Jeff tells Chase he can pick two more people to accompany him on his reward. Chase, of course, chooses Holly and Jane??? as Sash looks on in disbelief.
Back at camp the four guys don’t even bother to wash up before jumping into the scheming. They all promise to trust one another.

At the resort, Holly, Jane, and Chase don’t even bother to wash up before jumping into the fruit and cocktails. They discover a mirror where they can see how much weight they’ve lost and an outdoor shower. Holly is first up for a shower, but then, while Jane showers, she and Chase discuss how badly Chase screwed up by leaving a pissed off Sash to the tender mercies of the Testosterone Trio.

Speaking of which, back at camp the guys decide to take their revenge by killing and eating the last of the chickens. Everyone continues to talk about how they need Sash, all the while bemoaning the fact that Sash can’t be trusted.

Day 31: The resort trio return to camp to find the foul murder of the fowl. We are treated to horrific deja vu as Jane channels Crazy Jan from Thailand and creates a memorial to the dead chicken, complete with a cross and heart shaped monument out of hermit crab shells, as she sobs out her love. And, even more disturbingly, her plan to run away with the chicken. Ah, wuv, twu wuv.

Chase tries to smooth things over with Sash by telling him that NOT taking him on the reward was a testament to the trust Chase has in Sash. Really?? Did you really think he’d buy that? Ah, stupidity, twu stupidity.

Sash tries to play on Chase’s guilt to seal the deal that Chase will take him to the final three. Sash plays the ‘swear on your mother and late father’ card, but Chase shows some guts by refusing to use his love for his parents as currency in a TV game show. But he does give Sash a nod that he’ll take him to the final three and final two.

In one of those foreshadowing moments that MB loves so much Benry explains that with Chase being his boy from day 1, and his in with Mama Holly he is sure he is safe. Ben also promises that he has no trouble stabbing Fabio in the back as long as he saves himself.

Immunity challenge: Each survivor is attached to a rope wrapped over and around a hitching rail. When they think they have unwound enough rope they can run down the course and grab a bag of gold coins. Benry, Sash, and Fabio easily beat out the others to move on to part two of the challenge - arranging stacks of gold coins into a rectangular puzzle inside a chest.

Benry gives up right away while Fabio finally exhibits enough brain power to cheat off Sash long enough to stay in it, but in the end Sash walks away wearing the Immunity Necklace.

During the scramble part of the afternoon we do get to see Dan doing some actual camp work - o.k. he picked up two sticks - while finding out how he’s expected to vote in order to remain camp pet.

Dan and Benry are told that Fabio is on the chopping block, while Fabio is told his alliance is voting for Holly.

At TC Jeff introduces the jury and reminds us again that Neigh and Kelly are Quitty McQuitters from Quitterville. And there’s that symbolism again when the two alliances are seated on opposite sides of the bench with Sash perched prettily in the center. Jeff spends time picking on the guys that are physical threats while Holly tells us that communication is important and Fabio points out that he is likable, honest, and trustworthy. (hmm, maybe I’ll name my next dog Fabio)

When “it’s time to vote”, you’re up Dan” we are not shown any of the votes or ballot booth confessionals. As Jeff reads the votes we see Holly - Fabio - Fabio - Benry - Benry - Benry - Benry, proving that everyone dutifully followed orders. Benry is standing even before Jeff reads the last vote, and mutters “unbelievable” as he toddles off to Loser Lodge. In his last confessional Benry says he was extremely surprised, completely blind sided and really interested in finding out who masterminded his ousting.

Next time, on Survivor, reward challenge winners get tons of food and booze and the losers will be executed. Yes!!! Finally. Burnett has been listening to the viewers.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Official RTVW Episode #13 Summary: "As Long As It’s Not Me!”"
Posted by Belle Book on 12-11-10 at 08:36 PM
Nice, MissMyth!

Posted by Aruba on 12-12-10 at 09:57 AM

>Next time, on Survivor, reward challenge
>winners get tons of food
>and booze and the losers
>will be executed. Yes!!! Finally.
>Burnett has been listening to
>the viewers.

Here, Here!!! Unfortunately MB came to his senses 30 days too late.

Nice job summarizing an episode from a disappointing season.

Posted by suzzee on 12-12-10 at 11:43 AM
Awesome, finally the execution episode! Maybe they'll do the quitters on a spit.

Thanks for the summary MissMyth good job on a less then good episode.

Let it snow

Posted by RollDdice on 12-14-10 at 02:54 AM
Alright, MissMyth! Nice job summing up the un-summable.
I never thought I'd miss NaOnka, but she really did spice up some of those episodes.

Bounce or Die by IceCat

Posted by PsychoKitty on 12-14-10 at 07:41 PM
Thank you Miss Myth! As Mr. Burns would say, "Excellent!" . . .

<<Day 31: The resort trio return to camp to find the foul murder of the fowl. We are treated to horrific deja vu as Jane channels Crazy Jan from Thailand and creates a memorial to the dead chicken, complete with a cross and heart shaped monument out of hermit crab shells, as she sobs out her love. And, even more disturbingly, her plan to run away with the chicken. Ah, wuv, twu wuv.>>

OMG Jane - get it together! She is risking anyone's sympathy with that move ;)

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Signature by tribephyl