URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID87
Thread Number: 410
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Jennie Garth"

Posted by prosecutor on 11-13-07 at 10:28 AM
What's up with this woman. She is so fake, how she have been on a successful show(90210) and act like she is the shyest person on the planet. She acts like she doesn't even know the meaning of the word sexy. When Derek told her he could dance any dance with his sister she said it was weird. What? I'm sure Donny and Marie could do any dance together they are so close.
Jennie is weird she should just go home then.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Jennie Garth"
Posted by Snidget on 11-13-07 at 10:37 AM
A fair number of actors (more than you would think) have shy personalities when not in character. Many even have significant amounts of anxiety issues and stage fright.

Being on a TV show taped in a studio is different from live performance. It is why some actors never do plays on Broadway. Being able to turn it on live without the chance of a do over is different from we can keep shooting it until we get it right.

Posted by mistyrose52 on 11-13-07 at 12:27 PM
I felt the same way the first 1/2 of this season. But now I see her loosening up, and starting to actually have a little fun. She's starting to treat Derek like he's more than just her pool boy, or someone who was hired to cut the grass, and I'm starting to see a different side of her altogether.

I think it just took some time for her to feel comfortable with this whole thing. I remember Kelly Monaco saying that she didn't even want anyone knowing she was on this show at first-she was so embarrassed, and horrified at how awful she'd be! But once she started realizing how much fun it could be, and getting closer to her partner, and respecting the efforts he took, she excelled. I think the same thing is going on with Jenny. I think she didn't really take this too seriously at first, was embarrassed, and a bit shy, and IMHO, felt a bit too good for this whole thing. But now I see her differently, and have actually thrown a few votes her way.

Posted by BlueLiz on 11-14-07 at 03:24 PM
I agree that Jennie has been acting a bit strange for a television actor. I like many of her dances, but she makes the strangest faces and please tell me what's wrong with her jaws moving all the time? Does the producer not tell her to stop jaw jacking and licking her lips all the time in the camera, its not attractive.

It seems to me that Jennie has issue with her confidene and self-esteem to continously put herself down. This is a competition not a counseling session...she needs to act more competitive and sound like a winner. The episode this week topped them all...right before the judges gave the scores she blurts out this unattractive "BOO!" followed by a silly giggle and starts swinging mock punches at the camera....What was that about? That was not appropriate behavior for someone who looks as nice as she does.

Just my opinions...would like to know what you all think about this.