URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID20
Thread Number: 4091
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"TAR Lvoe List Volume 19.1"

Posted by ARnutz on 09-26-11 at 07:39 AM
Welcome to another edition of TAR and the lvoe list!

Sorry, I don't have time right now for commentary. I'll be back this evening to update this post.

Here are your teams:

Amani/Marcus
Andy/Tommy
Bill/Cathi
Ernie/Cindy
Ethan/Jenna
Jeremy/Sandy
Justin/Jennifer
Kaylani/Lisa
Laurence/Zac
Liz/Marie
Ron/Bill

Merci, Pepe for the siggies

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 19.1"
Posted by samboohoo on 09-26-11 at 11:02 AM
At this point I loved no one. I think it will be easier to go from worst to first:

11. Kaylani/Lisa: Damn you supposed Tweeter.

10. Brother & Sister: Brother needs serious eyebrow help, and sister needs to relax.

9. Amani/Marcus: If you're going to plan to lie, come up with a better planned lie.

8. Bill/Cathi: Look up, not travel up.

7. Liz/Marie: Too bad your thoughts were in sync with mine.

6 - 1: Tie for the remaining teams. No favorite.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Posted by emydi on 09-26-11 at 11:24 AM
LAST EDITED ON 09-26-11 AT 11:25 AM (EST)

1. Andy/Tommy-they're a couple of knuckleheads but I think they'll be strong

2. Laurence/Zac-didn't his sister miss out on doing the same thing? They probably have some cash too. I think a lot of teams it is the "adventure" of it. I like these two so far

3. Ernie/Cindy-strong team will I start to not like Cindy? maybe we'll see

4. Ron Bill-they got to the airport first. I think their jobs will help them. Not sure about them yet kinda invisible.

5. Jeremy Sandy-did well. not much screen time. Will they work out on the race or be that Couple? only dating team besides EJ and they won't fight.

6. Amani/Marcus-they're just as "greedy" as Ethan and Jenna but nobody knows him...will someone google him along the way probably not (do they tell them each other's last names probably not but the teams could talk) I like Marcus though

7. Jenna Ethan-yep they are "greedy" DAWs but Ethan is a cool cat Jenna's not that bad any more...and Ethan will give it all away if they win but the lost clue does it eliminate them in double elim next week? I'm just sad of this casting because you know Russhole and his hobbit nephew are next as a team....

8. Bill Cathi-I think they were overthinking the task just a bit. They seem very nice but I think they're not long for the game.

9. Kaylani/Lisa-not a fan but they didn't give up and did well on tasks. how well it worked out for them...hmmmmm

10. Justin/Jennifer-already bickering before race on whether they will bicker on the race...

11. Liz/Marie-I thought twins were supposed to be super supportive of each other...I didn't like them

Posted by MaryKat on 09-26-11 at 02:13 PM
I do have a favorite and a least favorite.

Favorite - Earnie and Cindy - I really liked them
Least favorite - Liz and Marie - She made it even harder for her sister who was trying to remember the proverb.

Posted by TARFAN76 on 09-26-11 at 02:40 PM
I am always so happy when I can enjoy my show again! I didn't instantly dislike any of the teams to a great degree which is not the norm. Uusally, somebody jumps out as annoying immediately.

I'm with everybody else on putting the twins at the bottom. The couples were all fairly likable so far. I was surprised the grandparents got another chance but I doubt they linger long. Was it editing or did two of those teams really get the proverb verbatim on one try?? Well done!

The show girls managing to survive was in itself rather impressive although their tantrum at the airport was not very promising of things to come in their relationship. I can't blame them - how hellish to have problems that soon! I give them points for going to the airport and hoping for the best. I silently ridiculed them for asking if anybody had turned in a passport. What an unlikely scenario. (staged, perhaps?)

I will also give Ernie and Cindy top spot this week. They seem smart and supportive so far.

Posted by Joools on 09-26-11 at 03:05 PM
Wow, I just realized I haven't done a lvoe list for a couple of seasons now. What the heck is wrong with me?? Anyhoo, I agree with TARFAN76, I don't really dislike any of the teams yet which is odd because even by the end of episode one there is at least one team that's getting on my last nerve or starting to stand out as annoying. So I guess this list is mostly based on who I think I'll like and I'm sure will be subject to change greatly as the season goes on.

1) Ernie & Cindy

2) Andy & Tommy - I kind of get a BJ & Tyler vibe from them and I loved BJ & Tyler

3) Laurence & Zac

4) Ethan & Jenna - I liked Ethan on his season of Survivor but didn't watch Jenna's

5) Ron & Bill

6) Jeremy & Sandy

7) Bill & Cathi

8) Marcus & Amani

9) Justin & Jennifer

10) Kaylani & Lisa

11) Liz & Marie

I kind of can't wait to see how this list will get mixed up in the coming weeks!

Posted by Belle Book on 09-26-11 at 08:33 PM
Here are my rankings:

1. Ernie & Cindy -- I'm really happy that this team won the Express Pass but I hope this doesn't mean that they finish 3rd!

2. Ethan & Jenna -- Ethan was one of my favorite Survivor winners and I felt for Jenna on All-Stars, so I hope they do well here.

Gap --

3. Amani & Marcus -- best of the rest for me.

4. Laurence & Zac -- they did pretty well for me this round.

5. Jeremy & Sandy -- I thought they'd bicker from the start. But they didn't do so. Good for them!

6. Ron & Bill -- middle of the road for me.

7. Andy & Tommy -- a bit too much like B.J. & Tyler for me to really root for them.

8. Bill & Cathi -- I'd like you more but overthinking is a bad idea and it almost ended your Race!

9. Kaylani & Lisa -- you're lucky someone found your passport; otherwise, you'd have been eliminated at the airport!

10. Liz & Marie -- the return of Kami & Karli. Not a good thing for you two.

11. Justin & Jennifer -- this will be the bickering team that I can't stand. Oh dear.

Posted by Max Headroom on 09-27-11 at 10:27 AM
I'm still forming my opinions, but I didn't feel a whole lotta lvoe for most of these teams.

Like:
1. Jeremy/Sandy - After one episode they look like a strong team. Though massive failures and much bickering may be in their future, so far I like them.
2. Andy/Tommy - The odds-on favorites to win; as former Olympic athletes I hope they avoid the slacker pitfalls.

Meh:
3. Ernie/Cindy - Ran a strong leg, but I foresee Cindy getting on my nerves really quickly.
4. Laurence/Zac - Could be good, could be bad, I'm waiting to see which one.
5. Ethan/Jenna - Like Ethan, don't like Jenna, the pairing makes a mid-range team.
6. Ron/Bill - Got an invisible edit, but they seem tolerable.
7. Liz/Marie - Eye candy team #1. Won't be around long.
8. Kaylani/Lisa - Eye candy team #2. Won't be around long.

Don't like:
9. Amani/Marcus - Marcus is very, um, enthusiastic. Enthusiastic, that's it. Enthusiastic!
10. Bill/Cathi - Dumb and dumber. In addition to making them old, 30 years on the farm also atrophied their brains.
11. Justin/Jennifer - A long-time TAR favorite of mine; bickering siblings are superior to bickering dating couples since they've known each other their entire lives and have mastered the ability to get an immediate, explosive rise out of their sibling.

"Please dial..."
Posted by cahaya on 09-27-11 at 11:15 AM
LAST EDITED ON 09-27-11 AT 12:48 PM (EST)

1-800-AMAZING and repeat “In all competitions success depends on following previous instructions, and without following such previous instructions there is sure to be failure.”

Ok, time for a little lvoe for these poor folks who can't seem to see a clue even when it's blinking right at them.

1. Marcus & Amani: They're my first round fantasy football TAR draft pick. He's got a sense of humor and they seem to get along well enough. Previews of next week, though, show signs that they might drop down in this season's fantasy football TAR lvoe list rankings.

2. Ernie & Cindy: They are both smart, energetic racers who get along nicely together. Besides, they remind me of Asian-born DW & I in our younger days when we did some globetrotting of our own.

3. Ethan & Jenna: Normally I wouldn't put reality TV show crossovers so high on any list, but I like them in this Race. Competitors that they are, they're probably one of the favorites to win.

4. Bill & Cathi: Very likeable folks who are almost sure to make an early exit, reading too much into clues. Cathi was sharp as a whistle memorizing that Confucian proverb. They also remind me of DW & I, but in our age.

5. Andy & Tommy: Can't find your way to LAX and you live in California? These guys are mildly humorous, but apparently sometimes clueless too.

6. Ron & Bill: These guys are sure to find airports and get flight tickets every time, not to mention on-board amenities. They get along nicely and are fun to watch.

7. Laurence & Zac: Get these guys in a boat! We find out Laurence has a British accent at time when he tells us that he was formerly a coxswain in England. These guys seem likeable enough.

8. Jeremy & Sandy: She kind of grates on my nerves a little bit. I can't put my finger on it, but it seems she takes everything a little bit too seriously. He seems nice enough.

9. Liz & Marie: The Doublemint sisters are at a disadvantage without the variety the other teams have. I still can't tell them apart and probably never will. One of them claims to be "soul searching" as her occupation, but if it takes her 100 times to recite a simple Confucian proverb, it's going to be a lifetime job for her.

10. Kaylani & Lisa: Oh, yes, our dear spacey, bumbling Vegas showgirls who almost couldn't find their way out of L.A. Their bickering wasn't pleasant to watch, but they were in pretty dire straits. Think they'll hook up with those two guys who found the passport after the Race is over?

11. Justin & Jennifer: They should stick to fishing in a pond in Mississippi. Trust me, it's less stresssing.

My premiere bumper edition weekly recap here!

Posted by shimane22 on 09-27-11 at 07:57 PM
Based on the premiere, I think this is the dullest/worst TAR cast ever assembled... tuned in to the premiere since I was recently in Taipei, but nothing I saw this week makes me want to return for another episode... maybe I'll come back later in the season :p

1. Amani/Marcus - They seemed likable enough but still didn't make a big impression.

2. Ernie/Cindy - Cindy seems nice. Ernie was a non-entity.

3. Ethan/Jenna - Ethan and Jenna are both deadly dull. Would rather have seen some fresh faces. That they are ranked this high is a testament to just how poorly this season was cast.

4. Laurence/Zac - First TAR contestant with a British accent!

5. Andy/Tommy - Yeah, dude... this team is just, like, whoa...

6. Ron/Bill - Were invisible for most of the episode, although I wasn't impressed with how quickly panic mode set in when they were at the roadblock.

7. Kaylani/Lisa - Team Brains did well to recover from their passport mishap and the Hazard, but they're definitely not long for the race. Sad that there are no good all-female teams on this edition of the race

8. Jeremy/Sandy - Who are these people? Three days later and I have absolutely no memory of them.

9. Justin/Jennifer - She seems like a pill... like the second coming of Karlyn from TAR 10. I expect them to be a less competent version of Azaria/Hendekea from whatever season Azaria/Hendekea were on.

10. Bill/Cathi - Yawn. Complete waste of a casting slot.

11. Liz/Marie - Nasty AND stupid. That's an unattractive combination!

Posted by milkachulina on 09-28-11 at 09:44 AM
Hmm, interesting start. I am glad this show is back. I go through AR withdrawal during the breaks. WARNING: Most of you probably shouldn't read my lists (ever). It seems many of you dislike Teams who don't get along in perfect harmony. I appreciate seeing the normal conflict, stresses, and human emotion involved in this competition. Meltdowns make this show real. If I wanted to see an uneventful harmonious gathering of people, I would watch the Mormon Tabernacle Choir sing. On to my list...

1) Ernie & Cindy: Good race, so far.

2) Andy & Tommy: It’s like we have seen them before in the form of another team. Blah for that. Still, a good race.

3) Kaylani & Lisa: So disappointed they didn’t go home for losing that passport. That would have been great television. By the way, who takes a passport to the airport for someone they don’t even know???? That was a WTF moment for me. And, in Los Angeles no less. C’mon. That was ARRANGED. Still, I loved their drama! Especially the “communication” scene in the airport. That was real. Loved it.

4) Justin & Jennifer: These two could make for some exciting television. A true brother and sister relationship. They will irk most people watching. Still, I love conflict. And, these lunatics may BRING IT.

5) Liz & Marie: I can totally understand why the one sister was upset at the other during the memory challenge. I mean, come on. Dumb blonde much?

6) Ron & Bill: Even though they were not shown much, I get the feeling that they are supreme jerks. They certainly enforce the “gay men are hot” theme. Wait a minute. They probably think they’re hot. That’s all that’s necessary.

7) Laurence & Zac: I though Laurence was going into cardiac arrest at one point during the show. He is in terrible shape for a young 48. How pathetic. I thought he was in his late 50’s.

8) Jeremy & Sandy: Who?

9) Ethan & Jenna: I don’t care for Ethan and I absolutely hate Jenna. But, I’m glad he is dealing with cancer like a true fighter. Alas, I still want them out.

10) Bill & Cathi: I recently watched the movie Waiting for Superman. That documentary should have mentioned these two idiots when highlighting the problems of the America’s educational system. Any parents and/or students who ever hated these two received absolute vindication last Sunday night.

11) Armani & Marcus: I really hate him. His over-the-top cheerleader/drill sergeant antics are too much to handle. Also, he is screwed when he has to do a challenge that requires using his mind. He seems dumb as a Georgia rock.

Posted by altpeach on 09-29-11 at 10:16 AM
1. Marcus/Amani
2. Ethan/Jenna

(I really have no opinion of the following so in order that I remember them without having to look at the list above)
3. Cindy/Ernie
4. Andy/Tommy
5. Kaylani/Lisa
6. Bill/Cathy
7. Ron/Bill
8. Laurence/Zac
9. *I know I am forgetting someone but who? Put that team here.

Really irritating are...
10. Justin/Jennifer
11. The Twin Terrors

Posted by kidflash212 on 09-30-11 at 05:16 AM
Been trying to get to this all week:

1)Ernie & Cindy - They seem really nice and they won the leg.

2)Andy & Tommy - Not bad in this first leg. I'm worried the snowboarder lingo could get old really fast though.

3)Laurence & Zac - Something I liked about them, hope to see more of them in the coming weeks.

4)Justin & Jennifer - Bickering could be a problem but I liked them otherwise.

5)Ron & Bill - Barely noticed them.

6)Jeremy & Sandy - Noticed them even less. Winner of Most Invisible team award.

7)Kaylani & Lisa - Not too bright and the save was suspicious. The bungee jump inside a mall was pretty cool.

8)Ethan & Jenna - Sure, nobody will recognize you. What exactly is a "Change Maker" as his occupation is listed?

9)Liz & Marie - Really bad first leg and really bad first impression.

10)Bill & Cathi - Worst casting. There must be an older team out there that could actually be competitive.

11)Amani & Marcus - The loudmouth jock with the overinflated ego. Isn't that stereotype getting a little old?

Capn2patch put me in motion!

"So Sorry!"
Posted by ARnutz on 10-01-11 at 01:35 PM
I am so busy right now that I have found I have no time to devote to this. Is anyone willing to take over or pitch in? All you would have to do is start the thread some time between midnight and 9 am after the broadcast.

Even if you could just do it for a week or two until I catch up with all my work things... I would be forever grateful!

I have completely forgotten what even happened on the episode! Off to try and watch it again online.

"RE: So Sorry!"
Posted by kidflash212 on 10-02-11 at 09:32 AM
I'll pitch in and get the lvoe list started

"*smoooooches*"
Posted by ARnutz on 10-02-11 at 12:40 PM
OMG! Thank you! You are the best sidekick ever!

I do have time on Sundays (because I insist I must have one day of no work each week). If you want, I will do the stats for the next two weeks. I should be caught up with work carp by the 15th and then we can resume our normal tandem... unless you like the new arrangement.

Posted by featherfish81 on 10-01-11 at 10:10 PM
Always difficult to do this after week one.

Like:
1)Ernie/Cindy - the control freak hasn't come out yet, and they did well
2)Andy/Tommy - Not sure what took them so long getting to the airport, but otherwise did well and seemed to have fun
3)Laurence/Zac - Not a lot of screen time, but they got along well and did fine
4)Ron/Bill - Also doing well and got along

Neutral:
5)Amani/Marcus - I can't blame you for not wanting to admit you were a pro athlete, because that would probably put a target on your back. Though the way you're dodging the question sounds a little suspicious.
6)Ethan/Jenna - Oh, good, more Survivor crossover. Because there aren't enough people who want to be on the Amazing Race, so we have to get them from another show.
7)Bill/Cathi - I wonder how far away from the square they had to go to get to the building
8)Jeremy/Sandy - Another couple testing their relationship on the show
9)Justin/Jennifer - So far so good
10)Kaylani/Lisa - REALLY lucky with the passport thing, and that the guy who found it was on Twitter, though he should have turned it in at the gas station. But they came back from it, so good for them
11)Liz/Marie - Yeah, because yelling at her to remember the phrase will help a lot

Posted by beau_30 on 10-01-11 at 10:17 PM
welcome back lvoe list.

Here is my list
Ernie/Cindy
Andy/Tommy
Laurence/Zac
Amani/Marcus
Ethan/Jenna
Ron/Bill
Jeremy/Sandy
Justin/Jennifer
Kaylani/Lisa
Bill/Cathi
Liz/Marie

still need a while to get some more teams. Thanks for bringing it back.

Posted by ARnutz on 10-02-11 at 01:59 PM
01. Ernie/Cindy - Great 1st leg!
02. Laurence/Zac - Like them! Love dad's accent.
03. Andy/Tommy - These guys could be fun!
04. Justin/Jennifer - Good job in the 1st leg. Leg 2 may be a different story!
05. Ethan/Jenna - Never watched Survivor. I hate reality show retreads, but Ethan gets big props from me. Jenna? Meh.
06. Amani/Marcus - He's hiding the fact that he was an NFL player, if talking about Peyton Manning all the time means hiding!
07. Ron/Bill - They know LAX, but will they be familiar with all of the other airports they will encounter?
08. Jeremy/Sandy - He's test driving the car!
09. Bill/Cathi - Um... Look! Up!
10. Kaylani/Lisa - We're smart! Really... we are! Uh... teams cannot see you from "here"-up if you're in last place!
11. Liz/Marie - We're twins! We don't have to speak to each other! ...WE'LL JUST SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by louislam on 10-02-11 at 02:55 PM
1. Jeremy/Sandy
2. Andy/Tommy
3. Justin/Jennifer
4. Ernie/Cindy
5. Laurence/Zac
6. Bill/Cathi
7. Ethan/Jenna
8. Amani/Marcus
9. Ron/Bill
10. Liz/Marie
11. Kaylani/Lisa

The Amazing Race Fan from Hong Kong!

"Week 1 Rankings!"
Posted by ARnutz on 10-02-11 at 08:49 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-02-11 AT 08:50 PM (EST)

16 lists this week! Come people! You can do better!

In the lead, we have Ernie & Cindy with 10 first place votes. Bringing up the rear are the screeching twins!

Next week is a double Philimination! Let's see how that shakes up the rankings!

­]]
Rank Team First Place VotesLast Place Votes
AverageRank
Ernie & Cindy
Andy & Tommy
Laurence & Zac
Jenna & Ethan
Ron & Bill
Amani & Marcus
Jeremy & Sandy
T-8
Bill & Cathi