URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID75
Thread Number: 409
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Iowa Caucus Celebrity Apprentice Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"

Posted by Estee on 01-03-08 at 08:13 AM
Thus fulfilling my apparently mandatory commitment to:

A. Exercise my futility.
B. Create an empty set thread.
C. Watch Donald go down in flames (again).
D. Battle Voldemort.
E. Avoid the vast majority Manhattan hot dog carts. (Sabrett or Hebrew National. Anything else stands a good chance of being at least 28% otter.)

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Iowa Caucus Celebrity Apprentice Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Posted by Snidget on 01-03-08 at 09:10 PM
Looks like there is good turn out in some locations for voting in Iowa.

And here I am, why do I do this to myself?

Posted by mysticwolf on 01-03-08 at 09:17 PM
Same reason I do, I guess. Just can't stop watching the trainwreck.

On a positive note, I actually think this could be one of the better one's (not that any have been particularly good to this point).

None of them actually need Trump, they don't have any particular reason to be nice to one another, and without any of their people to help them I see some spectacular breakdowns in the making.

Posted by Snidget on 01-03-08 at 09:19 PM
Boys against the girls.

Girls come together for the name Empresario. Happy Shiny People team, how long will that last?

Boys seem less organized, and find out that Hydra is NOT the three headed dog guarding hell.

Guess what, Omarosa wants to be the first project manager for the girls.

Posted by Estee on 01-03-08 at 09:21 PM
Voldy wants to run based on experience. Apparently no one here is aware of just what that experience was.

Is this the first time the show has run a 'coming next' cel? It feels like they don't have that much footage to work with.

Nely has brought the Typical Telemundo Outfit. Well, that's one way to get people remembering her name...

Posted by mysticwolf on 01-03-08 at 09:24 PM
But! Hydra is the 7-headed best (serpent?) that Hercules couldn't vanquish. Cut 1 head off and it grows back. Cannot be killed. (BTW: There are 7 on each team. Good analogy.) Who knew Gene had it in him?

Boys say Gene is their secret weapon. Girls say there's is Voldemort. Voldemort says she's trying to prove she's a new and different woman.

Voldy and Stephen are the first PM's. When introduced Voldy says that "unfortunately" she knows him already. Trump says that's not nice. Stephen says he thinks "she's delightful".

Posted by Snidget on 01-03-08 at 09:28 PM
LAST EDITED ON 01-03-08 AT 09:29 PM (EST)

Omarosa says they won't sell based on celebrity, the boys think that is a sales strategy.

ETA: Gene Simmons calls his friends and asks them to spend huge money per hot dog for charity.

Posted by mysticwolf on 01-03-08 at 09:29 PM
Omarosa is still a condescending beyotch. The others want to use their celebrity to sell hot dogs. Omarosa insists they don't bank on celebrity, but on the product. Sheesh. A hot dog is a hot dog.

Boys are banking on celebrity and Gene starts calling folks in advance asking $5K per dog - money to charity. It's working. They're even getting folks to jet in to do it. Gene is starting to scare me.

Posted by Snidget on 01-03-08 at 09:34 PM
LAST EDITED ON 01-03-08 AT 09:34 PM (EST)

The girls do the All American Girl routine and find they can ask people for a lot more money than they were going to ask by using the for charity angle. Location seems good for them (chosen by a New Yorker by Penn Station).

The boys pretty much hope Gene's fiends show up and aren't getting much action at the start. The boys are at Rockefeller Center.

Posted by mysticwolf on 01-03-08 at 09:38 PM
"Gene's fiends"? Was that a typo? If so, how appropriate.

Posted by Snidget on 01-03-08 at 09:44 PM
It was a deliberate typo, the devil made me do it

Posted by Estee on 01-03-08 at 09:34 PM
But first they have to actually show up -- and the one thing the women are doing is trading celebrity, looks, and hot dogs for cash based on whoever's going by. Should Gene's friends start to show up, the males will pull ahead -- but right now, they're counting on Piers' personality. And Piers couldn't sell refined uranium to Iran.

Posted by mysticwolf on 01-03-08 at 09:34 PM
Piers is refusing to take anything less than premium money - turning down anything under $20 - while insisting they need to sell dogs in case Gene's guys don't show up. So far, Gene's guy's haven't shown up.

Omarosa starts with $5 dogs and eventually they decide to start charging more. They're taking whatever they can get. And, they're getting up to $20 a dog in some cases.

She may pull this off after all. Dayum.

Posted by Estee on 01-03-08 at 09:36 PM
She may pull this off after all. Dayum.

Ah, Imperio. Is there anything it can't do?

Posted by Snidget on 01-03-08 at 09:37 PM
The woman asking for what they can get and settling for what people can give strategy seems to be working.

Gene's fiends better show or they may be in trouble.

Posted by skye on 01-03-08 at 09:39 PM
I still haven't wrapped my head around "the most successful celebrities" bit.

(Mr Skye once had to deal with Carol Alt on the phone. He has nothing positive to say about the experience. In fact, the B word was used while telling me the story.)

Gorgeous, courtesy of Syren.

Posted by Snidget on 01-03-08 at 09:41 PM
Marilu starts calling contacts and sells a couple of $5K waters.

Celebs start showing up at the guys side with some big sales as well.

Posted by Estee on 01-03-08 at 09:47 PM
Wonder who the unnamed donators were?

Jenna Jameson is like every other adult star: a double-edged sword. She will lure people in, and she will drive them away.

And there's the first Stephen Smirk. I could have lived without seeing that again.

Posted by mysticwolf on 01-03-08 at 09:44 PM
Marilu decides "screw Omorosa" and starts calling friends. She's selling $5K hot dogs.

Oops. Gene's ringers are showing up now. He's just sold one for $10K. Another for $5K. Another $5K. Piers is worried the girls will sell a $100K dog. Dunno. They might. A Mets player David Wright (sp?), buys out the cart and starts giving them away with 10 min. to go. We're not told what his donation is.

Posted by Estee on 01-03-08 at 09:45 PM
As much as I lvoe David Wright, he's not one of the world's richest ballplayers. I'm sure he tried to do the right thing, but he may not have had a hundred thousand to spare, and the odds that he had that kind of cash on him were low. Note they didn't say how much he bought the cart out for.

Celebrity connections are going to be an asset for the minicorps and it'll really help the charities -- but there are times when it'll make the tasks a lot harder to judge. If we're judging them on a pure business standpoint.

Yeah, right. Say, can we get the Ron Jeremy Name Drop-O-Meter out of storage?

Posted by Snidget on 01-03-08 at 09:52 PM
Project manager that wins gets all the money raised by both teams in each round.

The guys raised like 4-5 times more than the girls.

The guys think Oh-ld Voldy is the weak link.

"Results."
Posted by Estee on 01-03-08 at 09:52 PM
Men: 52k
Women: 17k.

Oops...

And now Voldy and Piers are going at it. Gee, Piers is going to make a lot of friends on his own team once that tongue starts seeking out a more local target...

Piers claims to have never heard of Voldy, then admits to seeing her work in the first season. Voldy claims no one's heard of Piers, and he brings up his AGT ratings in defense and dismisses everything else.

Such good friends.

As the winning PM, Stephen gets the raised money donated to his charity: breast cancer research. (This will continue throughout the season: winning PM has their charity benefit.) The men get to watch the Boardroom session from afar and see how their competition argues: this will be the standard winner's reward.

Posted by mysticwolf on 01-03-08 at 09:52 PM
Women sold $17K, men sold $50K worth. Better location. Better use of celebrity.

Piers, asked who was weakest on the women's team names Omarosa. The two of them trade insults. Omarosa tries to say Trump taught her not to use sex to sell.

Money - from both teams - go to Baldwin's charity as PM for the winning team. That's what will happen throughout. His charity is a foundation he started in his mother's name for Breast Cancer research.

Guys get to go back to their suite, but they also get to watch the firing. They definitely want to watch.

Posted by Estee on 01-03-08 at 09:54 PM
Gee, I can't imagine men who'd want to watch women fight...

Posted by mysticwolf on 01-03-08 at 09:58 PM
LAST EDITED ON 01-03-08 AT 09:58 PM (EST)

Lisstening to the guys talk about the boardroom is better than the actual boardroom.

Gene: "Omorosa is a survivor like a cock-a-roach. She will do anything to survive. She cannot be killed."

EB That is Not a bad word in this context.

Posted by Estee on 01-03-08 at 10:03 PM
Just like reading the update thread is often better than watching the show...

The men's feed cuts out as Voldy picks her two: Carol and Tiffany, for providing a bad location and not doing enough to sell (Dark Lord rationale.)

The claws are really out here, aren't they? The desire to present nothing but a positive, public-friendly image went out the window in about three seconds for some of the contestants, replaced by that ever-popular wish to tear someone down.

And I think we have to watch out for Jennie. With a few well-chosen words, she swung the focus in the direction she wanted it to go -- and took no visible penalty for it.

Posted by mysticwolf on 01-03-08 at 10:03 PM
In her attempt to prove her chops and win this competition, I think Voldy has lost all sight of the fact that she's toasting herself in the eye's of any of these people or their friends. Most of whom have at least some actual chops of their own.

Posted by mysticwolf on 01-03-08 at 10:05 PM
BTW: Where did she buy that Gawd awful outfit she's wearing? And, who told her it looked good? *gag*

Posted by Snidget on 01-03-08 at 10:10 PM
Well you know those evil spells screw up your appearance. It could have been gorgeous before she got her talons into it.

Posted by mysticwolf on 01-03-08 at 10:09 PM
Gene's right. Tiffany isn't arguing for herself effectively. Omarosa made the decision to not use celebrity and she's insisting it was a group decision. She's fired. For not having called Hef for a donation. She'd have survived, imo, if she'd just told the truth and blamed Voldy for that decision.

Posted by Loree on 01-04-08 at 01:43 AM
It drove me crazy that the women never spoke up and stated that Oma was the one that refused to let them use their celebrity. She made it sound like it was not her fault. But then I doubt anything would have made Donald fire her this early in the series. He needs her for ratings. She is the one we all hate. Instead he got rid of the quiet one that didn't cause controversy. It is all about ratings to Trump.

Posted by Estee on 01-03-08 at 10:11 PM
How the (censored) did Voldy manage to keep from having the blame placed on her for the non-use of contacts?

Oh, right. Imperio. And Tiffany goes out.

Posted by Estee on 01-03-08 at 10:11 PM
I'm going to the Bar.

Gene may beat me there.

Posted by prosecutor on 01-03-08 at 11:27 PM
Why is Omarosa being called Voldy? can I get a clue please.

And I said it before anyone with the name Omarosa would easily make it onto the show. she is a ratings magnet for Trump and Burnett and they know it. I am only watching because Omarosa and Piers are on the frickin show this season. Watched only a few episodes last time out, but I am definitely here to watch this out. Gene had me laughing so hard.

Posted by vince3 on 01-03-08 at 11:47 PM
During season one, (and the other RTV things she did....) she became known as She-who-must-not-be-named or Voldemort (like the villian in Harry Potter)

Posted by Snidget on 01-04-08 at 06:56 AM
I think it started as
"She Who Must Not Be Hired"