URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID1
Thread Number: 4085
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Be The Survivor: S 21 Ep 08: “Merge with Caution”"

Posted by RollDdice on 11-06-10 at 02:16 PM

Company’s Coming - The members of Crawling on La Flor are hanging around camp. Some are making imaginary arts and crafts wallets for their imaginary million dollar winnings, while others are trying to get together a pick-up game of Character Assassination. Creepy “Uncle Fabio” strolls into camp with treemail and a key. The treemail tells them that they’ve been evicted for noise complaints and non-payment of seashells, so they need to pack up and follow the map to their new home. Everyone is excited about the merge; especially Fabio once they explain it to him.

At Expanda, they get the flip side of the treemail, telling them to get ready for company. They’re pretty sure it’s not Jack Tripper or Cousin Balki or Chemistry Graduate Student slash VIP Cocktail Waitress Rachel. After thinking it through, they realize it must be La Flor. Alina pitches everyone on the idea of her being part of the “strong six”. She’s wearing her best buff, her PowerPoint slides really rock and everyone seems to be nodding in agreement. But as NaOnka explains, “Alina is a one woman army, but there’s no one behind her. She’s going to be the first one voted out.”

Merge and Purge – Members of Crawling on La Flor enter the Expanda camp, dragging their histories, their belongings, sand fleas and a huge wooden chest. The chest holds the traditional merge booty; fruit, bread, meat, cookies and rum. With the new red flag and buffs, Marty takes on the responsibility of naming the new tribe. He calls it “Libertad,” which he explains means liberty and freedom.

Perhaps fueled by rum, Marty confessionalizes about his place in the Survivor constellation, seeing that he is a Chess Grandmaster in his own mind and that he has just had the honor of naming the new merged tribe. But the Espada cuts both ways, my friend; Libertad could also refer to your upcoming free time at Loser’s Lodge.

Bondage – During the feast, Brenda and NaOnka take a walk, bond and catch up on strategy. It seems to be a photo-finish on the Cruella DeVille competition so far, good thing there aren’t any adorable Dalmatian puppies in the vicinity. Chase and Jane go to the well and they bond over their shared North Carolina heritage. They both like to hunt and fish, they both mangle the English language on a regular basis and neither one can define the word “locksmith”. As a matter of fact, they discover that neither one of them has a traditional family tree; it’s more like a wreath.

Five Finger Discount – NaOnka dips her toe into the idea of doing something nice for other people by getting up early and frying up some tortillas. When she doesn’t get the praise and admiration she thinks she deserves, her mind snaps in the other direction. She steals the flour canister, fruit, frying pan, bowls, spoons… it’s a one moron crime spree! Alina catches up with NaOnka on the beach and NaOnka reveals that everyone is “gunning for” Alina. While Alina is busy fuming, NaOnka goes all biblical on her ass by offering her a stolen “Garden of Eden” brand orange.

Production Note: During her confessional, NaOnka is sitting on a rock and talking about stealing the tribe’s food. Suddenly, she shifts her weight onto one butt cheek and launches an Air Biscuit in the general direction of the camp. Fortunately the A2 had the boom mic near her posterior and captured the sound of that eruption.
She’s certainly been a classy addition to the cast.

Libertad & Order {dumm dumm} - Holly questions NaOnka about the whereabouts of the flour. Fabio asks about the food. Marty channels Vincent D'Onofrio and asks what she knows about the prostitutes killed in Central Park last night.
NaOnka lies through her teeth and Alina is the very picture of guilt by association because of the orange she took from the serpent. After a sidebar in the squad room… uhh, talk in the woods with Chase and Alina, NaOnka is convinced to confess to the thefts she just denied. Marty’s head is spinning. “She lied and she stole. How easy is that, get rid of her. It should be that simple. But this game is never simple.”

Immunity Isometric - Individual Immunity Challenge. Each competitor has to squeeze two metal handles together so a steel bar doesn’t drop. One man and one woman will win immunity. Jane outlasts all of the women, including Fabio, who looks down constantly to admire his own pecs. Jane and Fabio are safe from Tribal Council.

Doing the pre-Tribal Shuffle – Jane wants Marty out and Alina breathes a sigh of relief. But Sash mentions that he's trying to honor his Idol deal and asks that they not vote for Marty. Dan tells Marty that they’re planning to blindside him. Marty runs around in circles trying to see if he’s in danger, but just ends up annoying Sash.

Sing Around The Campfire - Marty shows his paranoia, pointing to Jane’s popularity and hard-luck story. Alina points out that Marty is a huge threat and a strategic player. Fabio points in two directions at once, like the Scarecrow in The Wizard of Oz. Jiffy makes the point that he earns $150k per episode and doesn’t even have to wear “big boy” pants. Jiffy also reads the votes, snuffs the torch and points Alina Wilson toward the door.

Mark "T-Bone" Burnett

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Be The Survivor: S 21 Ep 08: “Merge with Caution”"
Posted by iltarion on 11-06-10 at 08:43 PM

(waves hand) You guys don't want to vote out Marty. You want to go home and rethink your lives.

Posted by suzzee on 11-08-10 at 05:27 PM
What's a merge? Oh, hi Marty, whachoo doin' here? Hey you seen my sunscreen? If I'm here much longer I'm going to be able to use my own hide for some new shoes..

Let me hook you up

Libertad?!? BWAHAHA. I better get a shout out at the live show........

Who's idea was this anyway?

Jack Tripper or Cousin Balki

Bloody Hell! I know who and what shows these characters are from. I'm either a collector of OLD sitcoms on DVD or I'm gettin' old. Oh Look! The mail's here and I've got MORE old sitcom dvd's. Really. Honest.

NaOnka Launching an Air Biscuit!

I thought it was one of my dogs but it was just one of Burnett's.

neither one of them has a traditional family tree; it’s more like a wreath.

Priceless stuff Roll thanks for the yuks

A Tribe masterpiece

Posted by RollDdice on 11-10-10 at 04:31 PM
Dan, I see what you're up to. You lurk like an aligator and then attack the weak, like Marty, with a well-placed rumor or paranoid thought. I'm also a big fan of your stop. throw ball. leap. technique.

(Too soon on the aligator comment? Are you still in the grieving phase?)

Mark "Tell a friend - help keep BTS alive" Burnett
P.S. Thanks, Suzzee. Glad you appreciate the double fisted application of snark.

Posted by jbug on 11-10-10 at 05:00 PM
I still had lots to contribute; lots to say; lots of drama to add (well, maybe I'm not too much of a drama queen so not a lot to give there - NaOinkee has plenty anyway...

Admit it; ya'll miss me already don't you?