URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID1
Thread Number: 4061
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"S21 Gufu Award"

Posted by dabo on 09-16-10 at 01:53 AM

And here we go again!

The Gufu Award was established for pointing out the dangdumbest game moves in Survivor. The original intent was simply to pay attention to what the contestants do and say that's dangdumb gameness, but from the outset of The Gufu Award noncontestant stuff had a way of creeping in, so there are actually two categories you may cast your votes on, Contestant and Production. Please keep them separate.

Once again we'll be doing an on-going season-long thread, I don't know why I didn't think of it years and years ago as it is so much easier than trying to do weekly threads. But of course there does have to be this rule...

No posting of Gufus for any episode prior to midnight (Eastern) of the day the episode airs.

Let's have fun, shall we! And you don't have to wait for me to start the gufus rolling each week, jump right in!

Don't hold back, let 'em have it! No holds barred, no limits on how many gufus you may post (you may want to leave some for other peeps to think of if you have a whole tone of 'em), just stay within the site guidelines.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Week #1"
Posted by dabo on 09-16-10 at 01:59 AM
Contestants Gufu, Espada Rickety Elder Tribe: So, let's see, you got rid of a 48 year old misfit in order to keep a sick old man who happens to be a celebrity and admits he's weak.

"RE: Week #1"
Posted by vince3 on 09-16-10 at 03:29 AM
Also: Wendy for her open mouth, stick both feet in performance at the TC to lead to her practically unaminous elimination...

Posted by suzzee on 09-16-10 at 08:03 AM
Hardly a surprise, what.a.blabbermouth.

Have hair will flip

Posted by dabo on 09-17-10 at 09:55 AM
But her feet have no blisters, it was important they know that.

? Gufu (I don't know if this is contestant or production): Hey, Dan, did you really not say a single word the entire first three days? I mean, come on! Or did you tell them, you know, something along the lines like: I don't care what you put on TV that's your business, but you don't make me look bad you know what I mean, I wouldn't like something should have to happen to you.

"Wendy"
Posted by foonermints on 09-16-10 at 03:42 AM
"I'm Trustworthy"

!

*kickboot*
Oh sure, a female Poopert.

"RE: S21 Gufu Award"
Posted by Molaholic on 09-16-10 at 01:40 PM
Contestant - The whole kiddie-corps tribe. What was that Grand Entrance foo-faa for the IC? Gawd help us if we're going to be "treated" to that kind of activity every week.

Production - A Power Necklace? Really? Let's hope they don't get silly about it later on (like maybe take a page from Top Shot and let the Power Necklace Tribe pick who sits out...)

Posted by suzzee on 09-20-10 at 11:17 AM
Took the words right out of my mouth, well said.

Posted by jbug on 09-16-10 at 02:35 PM
Jeff (does he go under production?):
Calling the tribes the younger tribe & the older tribe instead of using their tribe names. It was gettin old (no pun) by the end.

for talking a lot? me? Jan 2010

maybe it wasn't Jeff's decision to use those terms.....

Posted by aliciabbrown on 09-16-10 at 06:57 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-16-10 AT 07:02 PM (EST)

Agree - like the Espadas don't know they're older and have to be constantly reminded, or can Jeff just not remember the tribe names? Also the editors for making episode 1 the Jimmy Johnson show.

Contestants: Wendy for digging her own grave at TC. If there was any doubt she was going, it was erased when she opened her mouth!

Posted by HDTV on 09-16-10 at 07:31 PM
Also agree about the older/younger comments.

At first i thought there would be three tribes, when jeff said 30 and younger over there, and 40 and older over there, i thought there would be a 31-39 tribe...my gufu

Don't know if this belongs here, but when Fabio said to Kelly...how does it know when to move...about her leg.

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 09-16-10 at 09:52 PM
Don't know if this belongs here, but when Fabio said to Kelly...how does it know when to move...about her leg.

Remember, though, that they nicknamed him Fabio, not Einstein, and if they had nicknamed him Einstein, it would have been ironically. Stupidest contestant since Kathleen a.k.a. "I've never seen fake b00bs!"

Biggest Gufu: Wendy does the opposite of what probably got her cast and ends up with the Tina boot. Granted, she may have ended up with the Peter boot, but for every Peter boot, there are multiple Tina boots. I'd take my chances.

Another Gufu: Brenda's getting a little complacent. She's setting herself up for a big fall later. Or she's Parvati. And there is no other Parvati. Also, anti-points for being a Dolphins apostate.

"Week 2"
Posted by dabo on 09-23-10 at 00:58 AM
Production Gufu: CBS! Hey, you cut off the end of Shannon's last words, no fair! I'm hoping it was just my local station but dayum!

Contestant Gufu: Holly! Well, way to dig yourself into a big hole with your tribe! Can you say senior moment?

Contestant Gufu: Shannon! Yeah, deciding you were in charge and got to decide everything and then deciding to target your buddy's girlfriend because people like her, she's like likeable got to get rid of likeable yu-huh grunt grunt, you're an embarrassment to the rest of the Neanderthals.

Contestand Gufu: Na!!!!!! SHUT UP!!!!!! I actually like her competitive spirit but on any other planet besides Shannon's it would have been a no-brainer to target the noisy troublemaking drama queen.

"RE: Week 2"
Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 09-23-10 at 08:35 AM
I got a full slate of Gufus this week.

Shannon: Who appears only to open his mouth in order to change feet. But his final words gave us an important revelation. He's been married for 11 years, which probably means that, given the first sentence in this paragraph, he probably keeps the local florists in business.

Naonka: Three things. First, chill pill. Second, Russell Hantz isn't out there as far as we know, so I doubt anyone stole your socks. Third, the whole crazy-head-movement-without-moving-most-of-the-body is a little kweepy. It's beginning to look like I'll have to mute my TV when she's on and just enjoy looking at her in that bikini. Even with all the above...I'll take it.

Holly: We can forgive making an alliance with Crazy Wendy. We can forgive perceiving yourself as weak. We can even forgive hanging on Jimmy Johnson's every word. Hell, we can even forgive stealing the shoes and filling them with sand, though most people would have just pooped in them and left them there. We can't forgive quitters. And she's looking more like an Osten than a Jaison at this point.

Sash: Not only is it every bit as racist to get an alliance based solely on people being minorities, but it's also probably bad strategy. Let's see...Naonka's a loose cannon. Brenda's a megalomaniac. And...who else do you have? My suggestion: Travel back in time to Fiji, kidnap Earl, take his place, and try it there. Wait - that means Dreamz wins Fiji. **destroys time machine**

CBS: I'm beginning to think this "medallion of power" is a really bad idea. It would be the equivalent of Major League Baseball, at the start of each playoff series, giving the team with home-field advantage the "Don Zimmer Statue of Power" or something, and telling them that, if they use it, they get some random advantage for the game but the other team gets it for the next game. We'd have teams starting off ahead 2-0, or A-Rod getting to throw third base into the stands to keep opposing players from touching it, or visiting teams having to do shots of vodka before running to first base. Plus it's really effing ugly.

Posted by Molaholic on 09-23-10 at 10:42 AM
Contestant #1 - The whole effin' Kiddie Corps tribe. I'm stuck with middle school drama all day, and when I see it in folks that tall I just want to hurl.

Contestant #2 - Who the heck brings $1600 Croc shoes to Survivor?? Have you ever watched the show?? (But then, we've already had plenty of Gufus for clothing choices...)

Production - Way to hide that HII clue!

Posted by dabo on 09-23-10 at 05:34 PM
Oh, yeah, those were some pretty shoes for camping, what was he thinking? "Yeah, just look at them shoes, $1600 and good tough hide, this is Survivor and I'm Brooklyn Dundee."

Posted by LibraRising on 09-24-10 at 10:36 AM
Not only that -- he told the tribe they were $1,600 shoes! Would you want to give a million dollars to a guy so cavalier about money that he not only buys $1,600 shoes but then brings them to a place where they'll undoubtedly be ruined?

Posted by jbug on 09-24-10 at 11:26 AM
eggactly! (my best Cassanova voice)

"The shoes"
Posted by Brownroach on 09-27-10 at 03:36 PM
I was thinking about the $1600 shoes. We've known for quite a while that production makes the final decision on all clothing items the players will bring with them. I can't imagine they'd force Dan to wear those shoes if he'd explained that they were ridiculously expensive and he didn't want to get them messed up.

So the only conclusion I can come to is... he wanted to wear them! He volunteered to wear them! He said, "I'm going to be on TV so I must wear my incredibly pricey shoes so everyone will see how good I look in them! Please let me wear them!" And production said, "Fine with us, wear them."

Posted by Belle Book on 09-23-10 at 04:50 PM
Contestant Gufu: Shannon. It might've been better to talk Alina & Kelly B. into going along with a Na'Onka boot and saving Brenda for later. But your actions at Tribal Council were the real thing that took the cake! Idiot!

Contestant Gufu: Na'Onka. Your behavior was abominable and could've easily gotten you out of the game. Luckily for you, Alina & Kelly B. had a bigger target in mind.

Contestant Gufu: Holly. You really dug a big hole with your tribe. Luckily you have some time to repair the damage -- I hope.

Posted by Dakota on 09-26-10 at 11:23 AM
Uh boy. Where to begin.

Holly. I recommend a little meditation. Calm the little voices in your head that are messing with you.

Naonke. Leave the drama at home and save the paranoia for later, if you make it to later.

Sash. A minority alliance won't get you far if the minorities are on mind-altering drugs or already tight with an Anglo.

Shannon. Don't target the BFF of a member of your alliance. Bring her in if you have to, but don't target her if you want to keep the alliance. Go after the drama queen on psychotropics. At TC, if you find yourself in a hole, stop talking. Sing the Barney song if you have to do something with your mouth, but Shut.Up.

Tribe's Creativity Overflowing

"Week 3"
Posted by dabo on 09-30-10 at 00:57 AM
LAST EDITED ON 09-30-10 AT 00:58 AM (EST)

Plenty to go around this week so I'll just throw out a couple to get things started.

Production Gufu: Hey, Mr. Whoever Edits the Main Titles, week 1 he's Jud, week 2 he's Fabio, week 3 he's nothing! Make up your mind!

Contestant Gufu: NoOnka. That's right, get one Tribal win under your belt, you go on ahead and get even worse, even more obnoxious, even more hateful. Sooner or later even your alliance will get sick of putting up with it and knock you out of the game. I don't know what the difference is between hood and ghetto but right now ghetto is looking way better than hood. (That said, next time you want to wrestle with Kelly B., give the camera operator a heads up, we barely got to see any of that chick fight.)

"RE: Week 3"
Posted by iltarion on 09-30-10 at 02:15 AM

Player Gufu: Marty, you never explained how losing Coach would help the tribe, only how it would help YOU. You are up against a younger tribe that still has the Medallion, causing chaos in your own tribe is unwise. Why would other people starting to play the game help you? Shouldn't they blindside you now? Wouldn't that be playing the game?

Non-player Gufu: Naonka's parents for burdening us with her existence.

Production Gufu: For casting an insufferable byotch like Naonka and then giving her substantial TV time

>

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 09-30-10 at 08:10 AM
Contestant Gufu: Espada for going with the "team loses, fire the coach" strategy. Jimmy works around camp and actually did stuff in the challenges. Dan did...what exactly? And Holly...almost quit? And Jimmy gets voted out because Marty is a turd.

Contestant Gufu: La Flor minority alliance. If I were you, I'd swing a fifth, now that there's no immunity idol to get. The apparently bilingual NaOnka's a lost cause, since she doesn't actually like anyone, but someone might bite.

Deferred Gufu: NaOnka. OK, fine, getting the immunity clue was a necessity. No gufu there, even if it did involve getting a little physical with Kelly B. And not in a Howard Stern way. But check that reward they won and see if any chill pills were included. She needs about half a bottle a day of them.

Production Gufu: When Brenda reached for the immunity clue, it looked for a moment like she and NaOnka were about to get physical. And I do mean in a Howard Stern kind of way.

Production Gufu: The hot chick had to be psycho. Damn. Damn. Damn.

Posted by Molaholic on 09-30-10 at 09:57 AM
LAST EDITED ON 09-30-10 AT 09:58 AM (EST)

Contestant Gufu NoOnka. "Ghetto" vs "Hood"? Give us a break. It was just plane wrong.

Production Gufu Fabio and his diving-mask face. The guy is having enough of a problem convincing us that he's an actual adult. Making him look like six-year-old isn't helping.

Off-the-Board Gufu The Flora and Fauna of Nicaragua - help us out and drop something (or better yet, several somethings) noxious on NoOnka's noggin.

Posted by Belle Book on 09-30-10 at 06:18 PM
Maybe I should send some of my fine-feathered friends to pay Na'Onka a visit, huh?

Posted by jbug on 10-01-10 at 09:43 PM
Marty: there is a green tinge around him - a green aura?
oh, the jealousy! You could've worked with Coach at least for a bit; but you were jealous of him from day 1.

Posted by aliciabbrown on 09-30-10 at 06:19 PM
Plenty of Gufus to go around:

Jimmy J: Not smart to announce your physical weakness (however obvious) at TC, unless this was your way of saying you were ready to go without looking like a quitter.

Espada: You've dethroned your leader without a clear heir apparent. Prepare for anarchy in the form of a power struggle between the crabby fisherman and Russell 2.0.

Jimmy T: I'm sure you can bring a lot to the table, but your tribemates are just not that into you. Do something to make your stock go up before trying to take over as their leader.

Marty: Why tell everyone you have the idol if you don't plan on sharing it? If I were in your tribe, I'd be figuring out how to blindside you.

Tyrone: When you start consistently missing shots in the challenge, it's time to let someone else play.

Na'Onka: I don't care if you're hood or ghetto, you're annoying either way. This is a SOCIAL game. If you somehow accidentally make it to the finals, attacking a handicapped person in front of your tribe will definitely come back to bite you!

Brenda/Sash/Chase/Kelly S: Wake up!! Na'Onka has shown that she will do anything to anyone at any time to advance in the game. Is this the person you really want to align yourself with and trust to take you to the end?

Production: Why bother naming the tribes if you're just going to keep calling them "younger tribe" and "older tribe"?

That's all I can think of right now.

Posted by Brownroach on 10-04-10 at 03:48 PM
Production: Why bother naming the tribes if you're just going to keep calling them "younger tribe" and "older tribe"?

This really irritates me too. Even when Probst does use the correct name he just has to add the subtitle ("Espada, the Older Tribe, went to Tribal..."; "La Flor, the Younger Tribe took the lead...").

He didn't refer to the tribes as "The White Tribe", "The Black Tribe", "The Asian Tribe", and "The Latino Tribe" in S13.

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 10-05-10 at 12:24 PM
He didn't refer to the tribes as "The White Tribe", "The Black Tribe", "The Asian Tribe", and "The Latino Tribe" in S13.

He did, however, refer to the mini-tribes at the start of S12 as "Older Men," "Older Women," "Younger Men," and "Younger Women." He also abbreviated the S13 tribe names, started out S16 by calling the tribes "Fans" and "Favorites"...all while all of these tribes had proper names.

Jiffy is nothing if not lazy in this regard, and he must have loved Heroes vs. Villains, since the proper tribe names were "Heroes" and "Villains."

Posted by qwertypie on 10-06-10 at 11:48 AM
I just assumed Jiffy was having some sort of midlife crisis and continued to call Espada the "older tribe" while being in denial that he would be lumped in with them.

"Week 4"
Posted by dabo on 10-07-10 at 01:16 AM
I'll be back with more tomorrow, but hey what a show!

Contestants Gufu: Marty, Jill, Tyrone, Yve. You big dummies! Yeah, Jimmy T. didn't do himself any favors with his bad singing and irritating jabber, but c'mon! Voting him out in order to carry Deadweight Dan? Do you want to lose?!

ARRRRRRR!!!!

"RE: Week 4"
Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 10-07-10 at 09:16 AM
To the Young'uns: Yes, it was an important reward. But you guys are kicking the tar out of the older tribe, so using the Medallion of Power is forgoing a future challenge in order to run up the score in this one.

Also, to the Love Boat crowd: Dan and Holly are still there. Yet no one named Jimmy is. Stupid, stupid people.

Production: Are we ever going to have a reward challenge separate from immunity this season?

Posted by TanNymph on 10-07-10 at 10:33 AM
Contestants: Brenda.... figures out the clue and tells Naonka. Sorry, but in a game for a million dollars, I'm keeping the idol for myself. Marty....voting out an annoying person instead of a useless person. Jimmy T.... being the most annoying survivor EVER!

Posted by Molaholic on 10-07-10 at 10:39 AM
Contestant (Double Gufu) - Brenda. Sure, help NoNoKaKa find the HII, pledge your troth to her, then spill the beans in your first opportunity. You're cruisin' for a bruisin', girl.

Production - FABIO! Where was FABIO! We want our FABIO!!

Posted by jbug on 10-07-10 at 10:56 AM
Nay - the nastiest contestant e.v.e.r without a doubt.
She's giving LA a bad rep.

Posted by Dakota on 10-07-10 at 11:58 AM
Jimmy T: You learned nothing from Wendy?

Espada: You screwed up last week due to the male ego. JT or Dan should have gone last week. I'm just plain done with this tribe until they prove themselves. You have two or three players that don't seem to have lost their marbles enroute, so there is hope.

Brenda: You trust Naonke, the loose cannon, who might get eliminated for assault and battery before the 39 days are over. Smart.

Production: Combining Reward and Immunity each week.

Posted by aliciabbrown on 10-07-10 at 07:45 PM
Production: Giving knives to a tribe with NaOnka in it is just BEGGING for trouble!!

Posted by Dakota on 10-08-10 at 04:06 PM
Why didn't I think of that?

Posted by CTgirl on 10-08-10 at 02:51 PM
1. Production - for casting 20 people in the first place. It takes too long to get to know all the players and too many are ignored.

2. Production - 4 weeks and we are still having combined reward/immunity challenges. That's lame.

Posted by jbug on 10-08-10 at 03:11 PM
Production: not hiding a 2nd HII on for each tribe. It would have been great to watch Chase & Brenda not even bother to look - then for the cameras to show us where the next was was hidden...

Posted by jbug on 10-08-10 at 04:14 PM
Jimmy T: from his interview - everyone's painting me as the egotist who wants to be the leader

& you can't admit that is exactly spot-on!

"Week 5"
Posted by dabo on 10-14-10 at 04:38 PM
Contestants Gufu: New Espada. Roosters don't lay eggs! Granted, even if hen #2 started laying one egg a day, it's only two eggs a day, but that's one more than one egg a day, they didn't need the rooster. Better yet, kill a chicken before each challenge and try to be strong for challenges, when the chickens are gone you have the leftover feed for Outback Popcorn!

Contestant Gufu: Marty! Dude, get over yourself. La Flor was whipping Espada right and left, they don't need you to come along and fix how they do things.

Contestant Gufu: Tyrone. See previous.

"RE: Week 5"
Posted by jbug on 10-14-10 at 04:59 PM
LOL I said the same thing to DH - eat the rooster! He's not necessary - you're not going to be there long enough for any fertilized eggs to hatch.

Posted by TeamJoisey on 10-14-10 at 07:45 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-14-10 AT 07:45 PM (EST)

The rooster had a hidden immunity idol.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

Posted by qwertypie on 10-15-10 at 01:43 PM
Hey there! It's been awhile since I ran into any of your posts. How's life?

Maybe they kept the rooster because they wanted an alarm clock? Everyone knows how easy it is to sleep in when you are in the great outdoors. *rolls eyes*

Posted by Molaholic on 10-15-10 at 04:56 PM
Production - Jobbing us once again with the tribe set-ups. You promote the season as "old vs young" then switch it early in the game.

Production - Medallion of Power. What.a.waste.

Contestant - NoNoKaKa. Be a b!tch or be a crybaby -- not both.

Posted by iltarion on 10-15-10 at 05:19 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-15-10 AT 05:20 PM (EST)

Production: Agreed, we could have used another week or two of "immature and lazy v. old and crazy."

All Cast: For everyone not knowing a tribal switch up was in the works, every time tribes have started split for demographic reasons, there has ALWAYS been a tribal switch. Every time. Again, DO THESE PEOPLE WATCH SURVIVOR?

Editing: For making half the show, again, about Nay. Must be nothing else worth showing.

Contestant: Nay, a PE teacher?? Psychotic and wimpy? Whuh?

>

"Week 6"
Posted by dabo on 10-21-10 at 00:54 AM
head
wall
repeat!

Contestants Gufu: New La Flor! You dumdums had a clear shot to knock out both Marty and his HII on the revote, but you're scared of a one-legged woman!!!

BWWWAAAAAA-HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Got to admit, though, making Marty sweat at Tribal, brilliant! Shame they didn't follow through and send him to play chess with Guillermo Vilas. I'd like to see that, actually, Guillermo was known for rushing the net, that would be a really entertaining chess match.

"RE: Week 6"
Posted by jbug on 10-21-10 at 09:11 AM
Dan: Make up your mind; either stay or quit. And? don't lie about it. There's a lot of lying in this game, but to lie & say you didn't say you were ready to quit when you had clearly said it? Was just lying for the sake of lying. Own up.

Posted by suzzee on 10-21-10 at 10:24 AM
Ditto on Dan. If he skates his way through the merge with his flip flopping I'll barf.

Posted by samboohoo on 10-21-10 at 09:23 AM
Going with Production for now:

1. La Flor going to tribal first. If Jill won the feats for the tribe, the entire tribe should get to enjoy it. Espada should have gone to TC first, with all of La Flor there to watch. Then Espada should have left and La Flor should have had their TC.

2. Why didn't Jeff ask Marty if he wanted to play the Idol after the revote? Was it edited out? Was he allowed to play it? We need to know.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Posted by dabo on 10-21-10 at 12:46 PM
I don't know what the rules exactly say, but it doesn't make sense in game terms to allow the HIIs to be played in a tie-breaker votes between two people. Why even have the tie-breaker vote then? Just say the other person caught in the tie is the loser and snuff his/her torch.

Posted by michel on 10-21-10 at 06:58 PM
The HII has to be played before the votes are read. The revote happened after votes had been read the first time so, since Marty had chosen to sit on the idol, he couldn't play it on the revote.

Posted by suzzee on 10-21-10 at 10:38 AM
Seared into my brain was a microsecond shot of Dan in the Immunity challenge. The view was from behind and the inside of the ring toss butt bag looked for a second like his bare a$$ with a thong.

Production: do not use flesh colored material for the inside of bags thank you in advance.

A Tribe masterpiece

Posted by CTgirl on 10-21-10 at 11:14 AM
>Seared into my brain was a
>microsecond shot of Dan in
>the Immunity challenge. The view
>was from behind and the
>inside of the ring toss
>butt bag looked for a
>second like his bare a$$
>with a thong.
>
I noticed that too! I did a double take and thought ewww!

Posted by PsychoKitty on 10-21-10 at 09:40 PM
Me too! That was nasty ;) I did a double take until I figured it out - too similar for MY taste!

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Signature by tribephyl

Posted by michel on 10-21-10 at 07:24 PM
Jeff's Gufu during the recap:

"...Their hierarchy was clearly established: Brenda, Chase, Na’Onka and Sash were on top."

Not opnly does't she get airtime but poor Purple Kelly gets forgotten even by the host!

Ils sont fous, ces Romains!
Thanks Tribe!

Posted by Molaholic on 10-23-10 at 10:17 PM
Production 1-3 - Yet another lame-a$$ "challenge". This one had several flaws: Jiffy told us Espada (or was it La Flor?) won a rock-paper-scissors to see who went first -- but where was the advantage? Were the rings buried in the same spots? Was the sand softer? Were they serving tea & crumpets in the on-deck lounge??
Next - Who designed those porta-potty butt packs?
Third - NOT ENOUGH FABIO!!!

Contestant - Marty??????

Things could be worse. They could be forcing us to watch LOST

Posted by dabo on 10-25-10 at 04:40 PM
I have to agree with that, there should have been two separate course for the challenge, one for yellow and one for blue, and neither tribe should have gotten to watch the other. Would have complicated the shoot, but they have plenty of money, not a budget buster there. If they had two JIffies they should even have had the tribes compete concurrently.

Posted by agman on 10-21-10 at 09:37 AM
duh, like I'm totally glad they didn't vote Marty out dude cause he's a really smart guy and you can just tell he's a grandmaster chess champion....duh like he's always scheming and stuff talkin bout numbers(OH wait, isn't that what he's suppose to do?). He's just a good guy to be aligned with! He may even help me get my tube socks back!.....

I pumped iron at LL12

Posted by suzzee on 10-21-10 at 10:25 AM
Dude! Marty is so righteous.

Charter member of the Sarcasm Society

Posted by iltarion on 10-21-10 at 11:13 AM

Contestant: Marty - For being a non-player at a critical time and not taking advantage of a 3-3 split vote, and also for not playing the HII and skating by only because of fear of the sympathy vote.

Contestant: Brenda - For getting more arrogant and bitchy by the minute. Jane was already solid on your side. Calling out Marty did nothing but get two votes thrown your way.

Cast: For allowing Holly and Jill to win II.

>

Posted by Brownroach on 10-21-10 at 06:32 PM
Jane was already solid on your side. Calling out Marty did nothing but get two votes thrown your way.

True, but if I remember correctly, Jeff asked Brenda if Jane had anything to worry about tonight. That put Brenda in a spot because answering either "yes" or "no" on her own behalf would have been problematic. So I thought what she did was rather ingenious: she put Marty in the hotseat instead, knowing that he was slated to vote against Jane.

Posted by iltarion on 10-21-10 at 07:07 PM

Good point, but the result was two votes cast against her that would have been cast for Jane. A 3-3 split vote is a tricky thing. If one other person, like Kelly B, decides to take a shot at Brenda, she could have been on the hot seat instead of Marty.

>

Posted by michel on 10-21-10 at 10:36 PM
You are right, a 3-3 vote is risky. They should have split them 4-2-2. Much more effective.

Posted by Brownroach on 10-22-10 at 12:41 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-22-10 AT 12:42 PM (EST)

I suppose Brenda could have given an evasive answer like, "well Jill is the only one wearing an immunity necklace so I guess everyone else has some reason to be worried."

But I think that would have sounded lame. I agree with michel that it was crucial for Brenda to say something that would ensure Jane's allegiance at that moment, while not giving away TMI. It was a gamble but Brenda had no reason to believe anyone other than Marty or Jill might turn against her, and no one did.

Posted by michel on 10-21-10 at 07:11 PM
I agree with BR: TC is where you find out who you can trust. Anyone can say anything in camp but the vote reveals everything. Brenda needed Jane so she had to give her something. That put Marty on the hot seat and Brenda still has 4 solid votes and Jud against Marty and Jill. You better believe those 2 will play twice as hard in the next IC. But, if laFlor wins immunity, Marty loses Dan. Maybe he thinks he's a chess Grand Master but it was Brenda who put Marty in zugzwang.

Posted by iltarion on 10-21-10 at 09:46 PM

By that logic, Marty and Jill proved they weren't after Jane since they cast ZERO votes against her. Brenda proved that when given the perfect opportunity to take out Jane's "enemy from Day 1" she still preferred to take out someone who thought they could trust her.

Jane cooking a fish in the jungle by herself? Yeah, she's not exactly in love with her new tribemates is she?

>

Posted by michel on 10-21-10 at 10:31 PM
It was Candice who smartly said: "If you come talk to me after losing immunity, it doesn't mean much because now you need me."

Imagine how Jane must have felt when the first time Marty ever talked to her about a vote was DURING the last tribal council!! Since he had never talked to her before, that had to tell her Brenda was right, they were voting against her.

We'll see about next week when next week comes.

Posted by dabo on 10-28-10 at 01:10 AM
LAST EDITED ON 10-28-10 AT 01:12 AM (EST)

ETA: Week 7. I may need a box of Krispy Kremes in the morning.

This one just gets weirder and weirder.

Contestants Gufu: La Flor. Sitting out Jane on the RC.

Contestants Gufu: La Flor. Putting Purple Kelly in a position requiring you know thinking type stuff in the IC.

Contestant Gufu: Dan. Oh, for goodness sakes, can't he even fall in the water right?

Production Gufu: Casting. How in the world did Dan get on this show?

Contestant Gufu: Jill. Guess what. If you had voted for Marty the vote would have been tied and you might still be there.

ARRRRRRR!!!!

Posted by Dakota on 10-28-10 at 10:53 AM
C: Naonke. Still paranoid, angry and showing it.
C: Dan. Jump. Throw. Splash.
C: Jane. Not spotting the sign with the boot order on it.
C: Marty. Shoulda kept/played the idol. Jill's gone either way.

P: Having to milk a cow? That's a reward? I want it pasteurized, cold and from Wisconsin or Harvard, IL.

Special GUFU to the school district that lets Naonke near children.

Posted by agman on 10-28-10 at 01:26 PM
Fabio admitting to peeing in the pool! an example of TMI

Posted by Molaholic on 10-28-10 at 01:33 PM
Fabio admitting to peeing in the pool! an example of TMI

Did he actually admit to peeing or was it "using the restroom" (because there may be a difference).

How's that for TMI?

Posted by agman on 10-28-10 at 03:44 PM
You sayin that he could have been floating on a log???

I misplaced myself!

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 10-28-10 at 07:58 PM
Number One: Marty has officially pulled a Homer.

Number Two: Dan. Just for being on the show.

Number Three: Fabio. How effing stupid can you be?

Future Gufu: NaOnka channeling the spirit of Russell. Enjoy your hundred grand, gorgeous.

Production: Are they really borrowing their rewards from Hell's Kitchen? And by that, I mean Hell's Kitchen punishments?

"Week 8"
Posted by dabo on 11-04-10 at 01:13 AM
Plenty to go around this time so I'll just throw out a couple to start with.

Contestant Gufu: Marty. For goodness sakes what was all that bunk about Jane at TC for? She had individual immunity, no one could vote for her!

Contestant Gufu: Benry. Dirt squirrel? I don't even want to know what that's supposed to mean. Overlook the fact that Nay stole everything that wasn't nailed down if you want, but turning around and having attitude about Alina is just hypocritical.

"RE: Week 8"
Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 11-04-10 at 07:58 AM
OK, let's see...

To start: Na'Onka. One word, beautiful - "subtlety." Still nice to look at, though. And so deliciously evil.

Also: Marty. Jane just won a challenge you couldn't hack - and hung on just for the hell of it. Also, she's well-liked. Clearly you need to do two things: Shut. Up.

Continuing: The nine of you who voted out Alina - Marty notwithstanding. Alina is of no value to anyone. She's actually less valuable than a dirt squirrel, whatever the hell that is. So why keep her around? Why not get rid of Marty, who's switched from digging his grave with a backhoe to using a giant earth-mover.

Production: Merge at 12, jury at 12. If Na'Onka's catching on to that, and she hasn't caught on to the idea that stealing food is a really bad idea, you're getting predictable.

Posted by Estee on 11-04-10 at 08:34 AM
One word, beautiful - "subtlety." Still nice to look at, though.

The whole 'and then she opened her mouth' thing really doesn't apply to you, does it?

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 11-06-10 at 12:57 PM
I look with my eyes, not my ears. Factor out her crazy personality and kleptomania and she's actually very nice to look at.

Factor in her crazy personality and her kleptomania and she's still endlessly entertaining.

Posted by jbug on 11-04-10 at 09:32 AM
Jane: at this point in the game you really want to show everyone how strong you are? what a challenge threat you are?

Alina: unless I missed something, you weren't in on the stealing with Nay; sure you ate some of the food she gave you, but why didn't you explain it that way to everyone? Why take a complete fall for something you didn't do?

Holly: Why didn't you call Nay out when you saw her taking the flour? It's easy; like this: "Hey Nay, where you goin with that flour?" see?

Marty: Did you ask Sash for the HII back? It's possible they didn't show us so GUFU to production on this one too.

PRODUCTION: There has to have been some discussion on the whereabouts of the second HII. We know Nay has it; but when the tribes mixed up weeks ago, there should have been at least some talk of it...... Did you just forget that we'd remember?

Posted by samboohoo on 11-04-10 at 09:53 AM
Agree.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Posted by Dakota on 11-04-10 at 06:04 PM
1. Marty: Jane's liked by the tribe and valuable to them. Shut up.
2. Nay: Stealing food like the brat you are.
3. Alina: Not realizing that your tribe wasn't a tight group and rambling on with your strategy
4. Alina: Accepting partial blame for what NaNa did, although I don't think it mattered.
5. Holly: Not calling NaNa out for stealing the flour.
6. Libertad: Not voting NaNa out for stealing food.
7. Benry: Dirt squirrel. Tell us she's a liar, a thief, a lazy worthless tribemate. Give us something to go on.
8. Sash: Telling NaNa to act apologetic. Yea, no problem about the food. We've got plenty and besides, we're minorities.
9. Libertad: Addendum to 6 above: How can anyone like this immature, angry, lying, stealing brat?

Production: 1. Hiding Dan and Kelly. 2. Giving us a rather boring and predictable episode. I find myself wanting RussHell or Rawb to show up next week.

Posted by foonermints on 11-04-10 at 11:48 PM
1. JANE .. hold on to that immunity challenge as long as you can to prove how strong you are!*

"Ahm not breakin' mah tahl!"

*..Oh! Except your brain.

Posted by Molaholic on 11-05-10 at 09:51 AM
Contestant - NoNoKaKa, for once again showing that acting like four-year-old is just plain old annoying.

Contestant - Everyone who didn't vote for NoNoKaKa at TC.

Production - Dead sea tortoise opening? Really?

Posted by jbug on 11-05-10 at 10:35 AM
four-year-old

Jeff calls her a 7 year old in his blog.

Posted by Belle Book on 11-05-10 at 06:56 PM
Yeah, I saw that. I wonder if that's her shoe size -- she certainly acts her shoe size, not her age.

Posted by qwertypie on 11-09-10 at 03:22 PM
Jiffy should apologize to the 7 year olds he has insulted.

Posted by realworld10 on 11-05-10 at 03:27 PM
Watching those birds gorging on that dead turtle was seriously disgusting.

"Week 9"
Posted by dabo on 11-11-10 at 03:17 AM
World Gufu: Whoever decided NaOnka could be a teacher.

"RE: Week 9"
Posted by kiki_k on 11-11-10 at 03:53 AM
She's not a teacher, she's a PE teacher -- you know the saying:

Those who can, do.
Those who can't, teach.
Those who can't teach, teach PE.*

Plus, I think she teaches at the YMCA, not an actual school -- so at least she hasn't passed any kind of state certification. Nonetheless, I wouldn't let her anywhere near my kid -- at the Y or otherwise.

*I keed! I keed! I mean no disrespect to teachers -- My mom & sister are both teachers & I know what an important and under-recognized job it is!!

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 11-11-10 at 08:43 AM
Bigger World Gufu: Whoever decided Marty should be an executive of anything.

Super Contestant Gufu: Marty for his holy war against Jane. Picking on Jane is like picking on Betty White. It's a really bad idea.

Addendum: Marty made Na'Onka look completely sane by comparison.

Also: Fabio. "Stupid" for you isn't an act.

Next up: Chase. "Hmm...shouldn't aggravate Brenda. I know! I'll aggravate Brenda! YAY!"

Production: The whole "five-on-five with one sitting out" is played out and, above all, dumb. Just accept that 11 is a prime number and have them all play for themselves for a change. The whole men vs. women thing ended up falling on its face anyway.

Also: Those of us who are seriously acrophobic wouldn't consider a zipline a "reward" so much as "torture."

Posted by dabo on 11-11-10 at 12:24 PM
Oh yeah, totally. Ziplining through a rain forest canopy? For fun? I don't have to except to get to a BBQ? Hm. I'd rather go fishing, give Jane an afternoon off. Shame someone didn't make that decision, Jane and Marty on the same reward picnic would have been great TV.

Posted by jbug on 11-11-10 at 11:47 AM
GUFU Jane: Seems to have a lot of anger at Marty and lots to say about his scrambling. Does she not realize that scrambling is what one is expected to do when they might be on the chopping block?

Jane again: big braggart about strength and challenge skills; but fell flat out during the reward challenge. Was it really that hard? Jane - you are a weakling - get used to it - admit it.

Posted by moonbaby on 11-11-10 at 03:07 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-11-10 AT 03:14 PM (EST)

Jeff Probst was so right when he wrote in his blog comparing Na to a bratty seven year old. I laughed my head off when she started going on and on at TC last night.

Posted by iltarion on 11-12-10 at 00:08 AM

All Players Gufu: Voting out Marty and that pimp walk. For shame.

Brenda and Sash: for protecting their loudmouth goat.

Jane: For winning one challenge, talking a huge game, and then looking like an old lady in the next two challenges.

All Players but Brenda: Holy, easy memory game, batman. What is wrong with you people?

Chase: Hey, momma's boy. Grab your nuts.

Production: Letting the men go against the women was idiotic. There were two brick walls to run through for godsakes. No contest.

Casting: Now that Marty is gone, now what?

>

"OTOH"
Posted by dabo on 11-15-10 at 01:56 AM
Yeah, there were a couple of times there I wish I had a 5-yr-old sitting next to me providing Na to English translation. Still...

Contestant Gufu: FabiYoyo. I like Jud but now that the jury is forming he needs to quit letting Na shut him up at TC. Or at least start doing the Chevy Chase mock talk while he makes faces behind her.

Posted by Molaholic on 11-14-10 at 01:16 AM
Contestant - NoNoKaKa is not only still in the game, she hasn't had a nice little blanket party during the night.

Production - Yea, zip line to get to the BBQ (and why not toss in a hot shower while you're at it?)

"The Tribe Has Spoken", p.c. talk for "You Svck"

"Marty's hair"
Posted by Chez on 11-14-10 at 11:46 AM
LAST EDITED ON 11-14-10 AT 12:23 PM (EST)

I debated starting a new thread for this subject, but I think it will fit here very nicely.

Contestant personal grooming gufu.

Marty's hair. I've been looking at it for weeks, trying to figure out what it reminds me of. I finally figured it out.

Two things.

1. Another Castaway - Wilson

2. A Troll (the personality fits as well for this one)

Too bad, I guess now that Marty's has had the chance to shower and preen himself at Ponderosa, that's the last we have seen of this unique hairstyle.

"RE: Marty's hair"
Posted by qwertypie on 11-15-10 at 01:32 AM

"RE: Marty's hair"
Posted by dabo on 11-15-10 at 01:50 AM
ROFL! Honestly, after two seasons of Russell, now a season of Marty and Nay, aren't we all ready for the big budget big screen Tim Burton Survivor production?

"Week 10"
Posted by kiki_k on 11-18-10 at 06:02 AM
The entire tribe for thinking that protecting a fire with flammable things and then leaving said fire unattended is a good idea.

I thought nothing could top killing the chicken before the rooster but this group excels in one thing - finding a new level of dumb.

"RE: Week 10"
Posted by suzzee on 11-18-10 at 09:01 AM
>snort< true dat kiki.

Purple Kelly for her 20 years of wisdom at TC. No wonder she has had only a handful of confessionals. She has the dumb.

Charter member of the Sarcasm Society

Posted by jbug on 11-18-10 at 12:57 PM
~~looks for *like* button~~

Posted by dabo on 11-18-10 at 12:12 PM
Absolutely. Honestly, some common sense, they could have stored some dry firewood in the shelter, some in the crates, and if the fire went out so what, Fabio still has his firestarted goggles.

Contestant Gufu: HRH Brenda. Don't wear the crown if you don't want to do the work. She let her ego go to her head. Putting on a show of confidence is fine but it does you no good if you have let things get out of control around you.

Posted by jbug on 11-18-10 at 02:08 PM
Brenda realized a week too late that Marty actually had a good plan to blindside NayOinka. She might still be playing the game if she had listened to him.

Posted by iltarion on 11-18-10 at 03:16 PM

Contestant Gufu: Brenda, for her ego writing checks that her pretty butt couldn't cash, and for writing her own death warrant by trusting the least trustworthy person on the show.

UGH- to the entire tribe for pulling an Amazon and letting the fire burn out of control. For the 100th time, don't these people watch Survivor?!

Chase - Number of people who trust you- 0. Good work.

>

Posted by Dakota on 11-18-10 at 05:39 PM
1. They put all the food, furniture and accessories in the fire to keep it going and it still went out. Hmmmm
2. Brenda. You have an alliance with Sash. Everyone else is a loose cannon in case you didn't notice. The Empress Has No Clothes should have been the title.
3. Naonke for being on the show. Now millions know what you're really like.

Posted by qwertypie on 11-18-10 at 07:47 PM
Yeah, after that the fire still went out *snicker*

Posted by Belle Book on 11-18-10 at 08:36 PM
I totally agree! That was really dumb!

I'd give an additional Gufu to Brenda for getting too comfortable with her position in the tribe, but the fire is the major one.

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 11-18-10 at 10:11 PM
King Gufu to Chase: Seriously, dude - chill pill. YOu're starting to make NaOnka seem completely sane. That's effing scary.

Brenda: Whether you're the king or the queen, it doesn't matter - the peasants revolted, and it's off with your head. Ha ha.

Fabio: Please tell me you're not really that stupid in real life.

Next Week Gufu: NaOnka. What the hell did you do this time?

Tribe Gufu: Using things that are made of wood to block in a fire. Please, please tell me that the people who thought this wasn't a good idea were on reward or something.

Another Tribe Gufu: You people are getting your collective hineys handed to you by Jane. For us it's comical. For you guys, it should be embarrassing.

Production Gufu: Jiffy had to talk people out of quitting a challenge? Really?

Posted by Dakota on 11-18-10 at 10:56 PM
>
>
>Production Gufu: Jiffy had to talk
>people out of quitting a
>challenge? Really?

Good point. I thought he would have learned with Colby back in Australia that he needs to be somewhat neutral or rumors will start.

Posted by dabo on 11-19-10 at 01:38 AM
Jeff and Jane? Well, he could do worse.

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 11-19-10 at 09:14 AM
I didn't really take it so much as pro-Jane as anti-quitting, as if so many people have considered quitting this season that Jiffy has to take an active role in doing so. It's as if so many of the "peasants" are going to revolt that, pretty soon, it won't just be a torch-snuffing for Brenda if it keeps up.

THat said, Jiffy's motivation may be the reason Jane won it instead of Chase. Not sure if it would have mattered, though Chase could afford to be a total loose cannon until the cows come home with immunity.

Posted by realworld10 on 11-19-10 at 12:21 PM
For one week - but his days are definitely numbered - it would not have surprised me if his name popped out of that basket.

Posted by dabo on 11-19-10 at 01:13 PM
Should have happened before now, that might have woke him up. Or made him even more paranoid, even better.

Posted by Molaholic on 11-20-10 at 06:20 PM
Tribe Gufu - I'll make it easy on you:

Contestant Gufu - NoNoKaKa: "Pissitivity" ? Really?

Jiffy Gufu - Cheerleaders should be on the football field, bro.

"quit week"
Posted by dabo on 12-02-10 at 11:31 AM
Congrats all around, we all survived the worst episode ever of Survivor. I'm still POed at what I saw last night.

NaOnka Gufu: Whatever slim chance she had in the game should she have changed her mind and decided not to quit, she totally blew it when she didn't take the tarp/rice deal Jeff offered. Insanely selfish.

Purple Gufu: Suck it up.

Jury Gufu: Actually, I feel sorry for them, let's call it a production gufu that the jury members have to put up with the quitters at the Ponderosa, that's probably the worst torture of all.

"RE: quit week"
Posted by HDTV on 12-02-10 at 12:04 PM
Production-
They have to fine a place that
A- does not rain
B- Not too hot
C- Not too cold
So we don't have quitters club.

Oh, thats the Big Brother house.

Posted by Dakota on 12-05-10 at 08:13 PM
>Production-
>They have to fine a place
>that
>A- does not rain
>B- Not too hot
>C- Not too cold
>So we don't have quitters club.
>
>
>Oh, thats the Big Brother house.
>

clicks *like*

"Shun the quitters!"
Posted by moonbaby on 12-02-10 at 12:42 PM
I view the jury thing and the last words for quitters as major gufu.

Posted by Belle Book on 12-02-10 at 01:35 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-05-10 AT 02:03 PM (EST)

I totally agree with the Gufus for Na'Onka and Purple Kelly. But I'd give Production a Gufu for keeping those two on the jury.

Posted by Molaholic on 12-02-10 at 03:19 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-02-10 AT 03:22 PM (EST)

I ditto many of the above gufus -- but there's one other;

Production GUFU - Gulliver's Travels product placement. Com'on, this isn't TAR with the obligatory weekly appearance of the Roaming Gnome. (thou putting NoKneesDan in the Big Boy chair was cute...)

Posted by Dakota on 12-05-10 at 08:23 PM
I'm very late. Not because life is exciting, but because I didn't know what to say. Two quits?

1. Naonke
2. Kelly
3. Everyone who spent more than 120 seconds trying to convince them to stay.

Production: Giving them exit words. Jury? Sure. What else are they doing to do, bring in Rawb and RussHell to pinch hit? How are the quitters going to display the usual self-righteousness at the final TC? Naonke will fer sher; it should be interesting.

"week 12"
Posted by dabo on 12-09-10 at 02:31 AM
Production Gufu: One shot of Na and Kelly walking into Tribal was necessary I suppose, but we really didn't need to be reminded after that that they were there, I'd much rather have seen more of Alina and Brenda.

Libertad Gufu: Why would any of those dumdums be trusting Sash?

Jane Gufu: For goodness sakes, it was a chicken, had a better life than most chickens these days, pay attention.

Sash Gufu: So, with four votes stacked against Benry, the danger of cluing in Jud and Dan to the vote would have been exactly what? For that matter why even blindside Benry? These sort of unnecessary games are not going to play well with the jury.

"RE: week 12"
Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 12-09-10 at 09:37 AM
Chase Gufu: As stupid as you were in taking Jane, and as stupid as you were in acknowledging your stupidity, just give your idol to Holly and join the quitters already.

Production Gufu: Acknowledging NaOnka and Kelly's existence is more than they deserve. Showing gratuitous shots of them on the jury is more than we can stand.

Posted by agman on 12-09-10 at 11:01 AM
agreed, but i loved the way Jiffy introduced them as the two quitters!

I misplaced myself!

Posted by HDTV on 12-09-10 at 11:14 AM
LAST EDITED ON 12-09-10 AT 11:16 AM (EST)

At least Kelly, appeared not to happy, BUT that NA, with that cheshire smile thruout tribal......gag!

Posted by Molaholic on 12-09-10 at 11:30 AM
Jane Gufu - Come on now -- a grave for the chicken? With a cute little heart of stones? And a cross?? What if the chicken was a Driud? or a Buddhist?? or maybe even an Atheist????

NoKneesDan Gufu - Where you there?

Production Gufu - Way to use the Spoiler Option during the opening credits non-cast call.

"fixing this for ya"
Posted by jbug on 12-09-10 at 11:33 AM
a grave for the chicken's bones

"fixing the fixing this for ya"
Posted by Molaholic on 12-09-10 at 03:26 PM
a grave for the chicken's bones

Yes, since the other parts of the chicken went "elsewhere"...

Posted by Dakota on 12-09-10 at 03:48 PM
Sash - He's this season's "Jury? What jury?" player.

Chase - Taking Jane instead of Sash.

Libertad - Not voting off Sash.

Jane - Sting--If You Love Someone Set Them Free

Posted by HDTV on 12-09-10 at 04:01 PM
Well i'm going to give some slack to Jane on the chicken thang, she does take care of animals as a living and more importantly, she said she would have taken the chicken out in the forest and eaten it alone.

Dan looked like Al Pacino last night, now i understand why hes still there...connections!

Production- I don't understand why they did not blur out the quitters at tribal. they have blurred lesser before.

Posted by dabo on 12-09-10 at 06:01 PM
Yes to jury blursa! That would have been wonderful. Let's face it, they only blur things that people want to see, dammit.

I'm going to give them a break on not voting Sash, since he was wearing the Immunity Jewelry. But everyone (including JIffy) seemed to forget there was a fifth member of the Brenda alliance, Lady Chase.

Posted by Brownroach on 12-09-10 at 07:04 PM
Quitter Blurs! What an excellent idea!

They should activate the blur the minute the quitter gets up to leave Tribal Council, and then use the blur without exception, including during the final jury questioning and at the reunion show.

It would be hilarious!

Posted by dabo on 12-09-10 at 07:51 PM
While they're at it they should borrow the Miss Othmar trumpet from the Peanuts cartoons, just blare out whatever they say.

Wah Wah-wahWah?

I don't want your vote, NaOnka, go sit down.

Wah! WahWah!! Wah wahwah Wah?

What he said.

Posted by Dakota on 12-10-10 at 01:03 PM
>Well i'm going to give some
>slack to Jane on the
>chicken thang, she does take
>care of animals as a
>living and more importantly, she
>said she would have taken
>the chicken out in the
>forest and eaten it alone.
>

For the record, I'm a vegetarian who buys 'cage free' eggs and hates that these people get live animals.

Posted by Belle Book on 12-09-10 at 09:11 PM
Here are my gufus:

Benry & Dan get a Gufu for trusting Sash -- especially Benry.

Chase gets a Gufu for taking Jane and not Sash along. Luckily for him, Sash stays true to him, Holly and Jane.

Sash gets a Gufu for the fact that he's behaving like the Troll -- stacking the jury with people who'll never vote for him.

And Jane gets a Gufu for behaving like Jan from Thailand.

Posted by RollDdice on 12-15-10 at 06:59 PM
I'm not usually a Gufu person, so please be gentle.

Sash: Whenever anyone approaches him and asks him a direct question about strategy, Sash starts stuttering and sweating like Porky Pig riding a jackhammer. He's got nothing to do all day but strategize-- why can't he get his lies together?

Production: Dan and his knocked knees. On most Challenges it seems that he has placed the highest bid at the Survivor Charity Auction and won the right to hang around the set and observe.

Bounce or Die by IceCat

Posted by dabo on 12-16-10 at 01:34 AM
Agree and agree. Sash and Chase seem to have entered a contest of which of them can become the bigger goat. Which is kind of unfortunate for Dan as being the goat was his strong suit. On the other hand, if he gets to final with Chase and Sash it turns into

GOAT WARS

Dan is one of those rare players that even EPMB is ashamed they cast. Considering all the wannabes they keep coming up with I think it is time, not kidding, to sack the whole casting department.

Chase Gufu: Well, upsetting Fabio kind of backfired because it didn't demoralize him, it fired him up. Still, if he'd really wanted to Chase could have made a case for sticking to the plan and voting out Dan, instead he caved and sent a riled up Jane to the jury.

Libertad Gufu: Who, o who, made it a law, a commandment, a whatever, that Jane absolutely had to win if she got to final? You guys playing the game did that, you big dummies! Not that she wouldn't have been a deserving winner, but the absolute conviction that she would win should be written up as a study in mass hysteria.

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 12-16-10 at 10:47 AM
King Goat Gufu: Chase. Let's see. How many people have you PO'd on the jury? Marty probably won't vote for you. Neither will Brenda. NaOnka will, but having her vote is hardly an achievement. Fabio hates you. So does Jane. At least Chase will have a new career after this - as LeBron James' publicist.

Queen Goat Gufu: Jane. A smart person, upon hearing that she would be voted out, would have pulled Chase, who wasn't exactly cool with voting Jane out, and said, "You wanna make a big move? Gimme the idol at Tribal. Say nothing about this until then. Just go along with it. Hell, vote for me; I don't care. Just play that idol for me. We'll vote Dan out." Pouring usable water on the fire and acting like a sore loser with a faster self-destruction than anyone in Survivor history - this may even cost her the $100,000 Sprint prize - is about as far away from what a smart person does as what a Survivor is capable of. Maybe she should have completed the trifecta and pooped in the rice.

Production Gufu: Under normal circumstances, NaOnka's shocked expressions from the jury would border on hilarious. Yes, she's an expressive person. But given that she spit in the face of the game, she should be given the Purple Kelly treatment and made invisible.

Posted by HDTV on 12-16-10 at 12:03 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-16-10 AT 04:24 PM (EST)

Jeff/Production for allowing this edit- do not mimic any ones mom anymore at tribal. although i did chuckle

and Dan's son calling Chase...a Scumbag. may well be, but how does he know after only a couple of hours?
i'm telling ya, theres is a mob connection here, with this family.

Also forgot to add, found it amusing and odd, none of the family members sat at table for the food reward. they sat aside and watch as they, chase, holly, sash ate. afraid to get chomped on?
only joined in for the alcohol.

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 12-17-10 at 01:19 PM
One more Production Gufu: Since when is "douchebag" a bleepable word? Two chefs on Hell's Kitchen used it without getting bleeped, but Dan used it and gets bleeped.

Posted by dabo on 12-17-10 at 02:02 PM
LOL! Summer's Eve wants some advertisement on Survivor they can just pay up and provide reward treats like other sponsors.

Posted by michel on 12-19-10 at 12:24 PM

>Queen Goat Gufu: Jane. A smart
>person, upon hearing that she
>would be voted out, would
>have pulled Chase, who wasn't
>exactly cool with voting Jane
>out, and said, "You wanna
>make a big move? Gimme
>the idol at Tribal. Say
>nothing about this until then.
>Just go along with it.
>Hell, vote for me; I
>don't care. Just play that
>idol for me. We'll vote
>Dan out."

She said that she actually didjust that but Chase would not give it to her. Chase told that, if he did, he'd lose Sash and Holly's trust and they would vote him out next.

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 12-20-10 at 08:25 AM
She said that she actually didjust that but Chase would not give it to her. Chase told that, if he did, he'd lose Sash and Holly's trust and they would vote him out next.

Then this Gufu needs to be re-classified as Production, for not taking 30 seconds out of their footage of crap and showing us this attempt by Jane to get back in Chase's good graces.

Posted by Dakota on 12-16-10 at 12:40 PM
1. Chase. You did it again. Promises are not made to be broken. Not even in Survivor. The Jury has a long harsh memory, no matter the season or the number of quitters.
2. Dan. For being on the show when he's not physically up to it.
3. Jane. First, for not washing. You looked like the spooky character from a horror flick. Get in that ocean and scrub, girl. Second, for not trying something other than playinng the morally superior angry card.

Production: 1. Casting. Replace them. Two quitters, one man without knees who may have mob connections (according to HDTV) and we didn't have anyone to love or hate this season.

Rolly, you're a natural for GUFU. Show up more often, k?

Posted by RollDdice on 12-21-10 at 03:31 AM
Rolly, you're a natural for GUFU. Show up more often, k?

You're very sweet. The truth of the matter is that I don't have the memory that most of you guys have. You all see everything and even remember multiple seasons. I've been watching this season through my fingers while rocking back and forth, horror movie victim style.

Bounce or Die by IceCat

Posted by jbug on 12-17-10 at 09:46 PM
Jeff - for trying everything you could at TC to talk Fab, Dan & Jane into voting Holly & setting up a tie. You told them what to do - yet they didn't listen - not even Jane.
It's not your place to give them strategy.

Posted by qwertypie on 12-18-10 at 04:16 AM
Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Posted by Molaholic on 12-18-10 at 01:05 PM
Production Gufu - Well, that "introduce them as quitters" bit lasted all of 30 seconds. And what about the torches, supposedly hung in shame somewhere at the TC hut? Did we see them??

Contestant Gufu - Chase. Do the right thing, dude. Fabio deserved better.

Jiffy Gufu - So tell us, when was there a season without broken alliances, lies, deception, and the like?

Posted by michel on 12-19-10 at 12:43 PM
Production Gufu #1: Jeff telling them to force a tie but not telling them (and us) what would happen in case of a tie. As far as we know, it would have gone to the rock and maybe Dan would have been the automatic boot. A game is nothing if not a set of rules but Survivor hides its rules. Dumb.

Production Gufu #2: What day is it? The players returned from reward on day 33:

And, immediately after that, we went to a challenge on Day 36:

What happened to days 34 and 35?

Casting Gufu: Why wasn't she part of the cast?

Maybe there should be a season where the cast is made up of the family members we've seen over the years.

"Finale"
Posted by dabo on 12-20-10 at 11:34 AM
Sash Gufu: Realizes too late it is time to tell the truth. Telling Jud "what he wanted to hear" was way off base, because Jud wanted the truth really. Sash may have bought himself a ticket to F3 with that, because he couldn't stop playing BS games when he should, but he was still telling people what they "wanted to hear" at Final Tribal no matter how he tries to spin it as telling the truth.

Gufu Of All The Season! Hey, folks, what did everyone think was GOATS! Love to hear what everyone thinks. For me, I'd have to say Marty and Jane being at loggerheads. It would have been a great ploy if they were really together but making it appear they were deadset against each other, but no they were serious about it and it cost them both the game in the end.

"RE: Finale"
Posted by Dakota on 12-20-10 at 01:25 PM
For the final week I have only one:
Sash. Smart guy, but such an obvious fraud. Have you watched this show? People catch on to it and don't vote for you even if you make F3.

GOATS: (I agree with Dabo's take on Marty and Jane, but the same could be said for Sash and Brenda. Instead of keeping themselves strong, they targeted each other and become the failed alliance.)
I'm going out on a limb here: The Oldsters voting out Jimmy Johnson instead of Dan. Jimmy was physically capable of doing something. Dan, not so much. Marty and Jimmy T were both showing a streak of jealous insecurity at the sight of a popular, accomplished, famous tribemate and voted their emotions. They should have rallied around him, setting up a strong "older" alliance that might have survived any eliminations even after the switch. As Jiffy pointed out, all three finalists were from the younger tribe.

Posted by michel on 12-21-10 at 00:44 AM
LAST EDITED ON 12-21-10 AT 00:45 AM (EST)

Marty's biggest mistake was making it clear to Holly and Jane that they were next. That was inviting them to flip.

Sash's biggest mistake was keeping Marty for four extra rounds. He should have been voted out instead of Kelly B. Then, Sash would have been seen as a strategist, not a disloyal player.

Posted by dabo on 12-21-10 at 02:16 AM
Marty made a lot of mistakes in Espada trying to get everyone to conform to Marty's game, though I admit it was fun watching him do it.

Sash's biggest mistake, strategically anyway, was he played games when he didn't need to. It isn't necessary to make deals with everyone, for example, you're just setting yourself up to lose. Had Jane, Holly and Dan been smart they would have joined forces after Marty was voted out, agreed to try to get to F3 together but wait for their chance to strike (because obviously they just didn't have the numbers). Sash created a beautiful opening for them when he won II and misdirected Benry, Fabio and Dan in the voting, Sash lucked out that they weren't waiting for their chance to strike. Think about it, though, Benry votes Fabio, Fabio votes Holly, Chase and Sash vote Benry... Dan, Holly and Jane as a voting blok have control of the game, thank you Sash. Chase would not have seen it coming and he and his HII would be out of the game.

And then Production would probably screw up a brilliant game by throwing another HII in just for yucks.

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 12-21-10 at 10:09 AM
Let's Gufu from the beginning, shall we?

Wendy Jo: I didn't realize that you thought Survivor was casting your husband and you were just filling in for him. Next time, think for yourself.

Shannon: Next time if you're going into a game like this, take some pills for your mouth-diarrhea first.

Jimmy Johnson: Maybe you'd have lasted longer if you hadn't talked the shoe-thief into staying. That and thanks a lot for failing to turn the Dolphins around. We had to put up with Nick Saban because you couldn't get it together in Miami. Jerk.

Jimmy T.: What the hell was your game plan, anyway?

Tyrone: You got voted out over someone who wanted to quit. Next time, just work harder for a food reward and get over it.

Kelly B.: Looks to me like you were a victim of the thoughts of stupid people. Maybe take a page out of Fabio's book and play to your audience.

Yve: I vaguely remember an Yve on the show. But if her name were spelled normally, I doubt I would.

Jill: Your worst decision was to buddy up to Marty. Too bad you got voted off instead - we might be able to see your brain work independently of Captain Troll.

Alina: Yes, you were having fun. My old football coach said the only reason to play a game was to have fun. 'Course, he also said the only way to have fun was to win. Maybe you were so happy because you found whatever NaOnka got into that made her crazy.

Marty: I assume you are a self-appointed executive, because no right-thinking person would ever make you an executive of anything. I've met anti-social tech people. You are far worse than tham. Also, say hi to your buddy Guillermo Vilas for me. And Fabio schooled you.

Brenda: You had it all together and had to blow it by trusting the biggest loose cannon in Survivor history. WTF?

NaOnka: Let's see...you're Kimmi, Shii Ann, Osten, Crazy Sue Hawk, Janu, Judd, Billy, Dreamz, Courtney circa China, Kathleen, Corinne, and every foul-tempered athlete of the last 20 years rolled into one. You are a total waste of talent and potential. The only possible conclusion for why you did what you did was that you are totally and completely insane. Also, eyeshadow is not for hair.

Purple Kelly: What did you do, head to Loser Lodge for the first 27 days, show up on Day 28, decide Loser Lodge was nicer, and quit? Because it sure looked like it.

Benry: Big, physical threat. And not much else, as far as gameplay goes.

Jane: I'd like to award you with this honorary doctorate from the Judd Sergeant School of Being a Good Sportsmanship.

Dan: Maybe you should have just quit back on Day 16. Also, try spending a little less time in the tanning booth, unless you're going out for Jersey Shore next season.

Holly: Winners never quit, and quitters never win. People who ultimately succeed at neither are insane.

Sash: Jeff told you that you would be the first out of your tribe. You sure showed him. Why, look at all the people who respected you enough to give you their votes. Seriously. Four fewer than Chase? WTF?

Chase: I think a fifth person was going to give you their vote to win, but they just couldn't make up their mind. They hemmed and hawed for a few hours in the voting booth, and I guess they asked Rob's Magic 8-ball to decide. Then someone showed up and said, "Just vote for Chase. That's spelled F-A-B..."

Fabio: Congratulations! You just joined the ranks of people like Vecepia, Jenna, Amber, Aras, and all those other people no one remembers!

"Ditto"
Posted by suzzee on 12-21-10 at 12:39 PM
Exactly. Bulls-eye. Thank you for the season summary.

Here's one two for production: COIN STACKING???? For final II? Hey how about tire changing?

NOW?? Now you decide that quitters are losers? I think Jiffy had it right. Execution. Right there, right then, no waiting or time to think. No cash, no interviews, nothing.

A Tribe masterpiece

"RE: Ditto"
Posted by michel on 12-21-10 at 07:47 PM

>Here's one two for production: COIN
>STACKING???? For final II? Hey
>how about tire changing?

Isn't changing tires Chase's actual job?!

Posted by suzzee on 12-22-10 at 12:38 PM
Exactly my point. Although if he changes tires as well as he writes music it would have been close.

agman makes me hot

Posted by dabo on 12-22-10 at 05:45 PM
I thought he just did the jacking...

Posted by Estee on 12-24-10 at 09:32 AM
Y'know, the more seasons that pass, the more the members of our casts start to look like 'the normal ones'.

All of them.

That's scary.

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 12-29-10 at 08:42 AM
Even scarier, the way I wrote some real Survivors doing things that are probably completely and totally out of character, those people seem more sane than most of the hacks that were on this season.

Frankly, if I were to sentence some of the villains from our seasons to something too horrible to imagine, an eternity on the Nicaragua beach with NaOnka and Company would probably be sufficient.

"Finale"
Posted by Molaholic on 12-21-10 at 11:23 PM
Production - Yea, coin stacking. And why didn't we hear Jiffy tell the players to add a "small" coin???

Production - Redemption Island. Boring, stupid, and shark-jumping. (And why didn't they announce the location? What is it? Staten Island or something??)

Contestant - Marty. The lady was apologizing. Grow a pair and say "thank you".

Production - Letting the quitters sit with the real players.

now I'm wondering -- what was it called before Fonzie jumped that shark?

Posted by qwertypie on 12-22-10 at 00:16 AM
I don' think there was a name, just a lot of eye rolling and heavy sighing.

Posted by dabo on 12-22-10 at 02:19 AM
From what I read awhile back, last year with back to back Samoa games is the way they plan to do it from now on, same location fall and spring. Different beaches/islands maybe, but what the heck they don't have to haul their equipment around as much or as far.