URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID33
Thread Number: 406
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Personal message question"

Posted by MPVLOST on 12-04-08 at 04:19 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-04-08 AT 04:28 PM (EST)

Is there some way to tell if you have new personal messages in your inbox?

I heard someone say something about a red flag that shows up, but the icon I see is the same as it's been since I came here. But I had 7 new messages that I didn't even know I had.

Also, someone sent me a message with no subject, so there's no way to click on it. Is there some way to read that message?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Personal message question"
Posted by jbug on 12-04-08 at 04:37 PM
Hi MVP

This is the way it works for me.
When you are in the OT forums, you won't see your red flag. But if you click on conferences - you'll have one of the Amazing Race forums at the top - and you should see your flag just above that - on the left.

I got a message once without a subject. I was able to read it by opening the one before it, and then clicking on 'next message' at the bottom.

Now go check you red flaggy again!

Agman is definitely on my list (& twin Cyndi too)

Posted by mysticwolf on 12-10-08 at 00:41 AM
Thank you for the tip about using "Next Message" to read one without a subject. I've had one of those for awhile, and had no idea how to read it. I still have no idea how you send one that way. I always get a warning if I forget to fill in a subject. But, it worked! I could finally read it! Thank you.

Together thanks to Glow

Posted by MPVLOST on 12-11-08 at 11:14 AM
Today I logged in and the reg flag thing was saying I had new messages, but when I went to my inbox, there weren't any new messages.

The same thing happened yesterday too.

-----------------------------------------
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Posted by dabo on 12-11-08 at 11:39 AM
When you delete your cookies you will always get a red wavy flag.

Posted by jbug on 12-11-08 at 12:59 PM
Also, if you log in from a different computer. I can read a message at work; then later at home, I'll have another red flaggie - but no new messages.

Posted by Snidget on 12-11-08 at 01:01 PM
The read vs not read is kept on the computer you read from in a cookie.

Not on the server where the messages live.

So each computer doesn't know what you do with other computers behind its back with PM's here.

Posted by jbug on 12-11-08 at 02:49 PM
That has to be some code!

Posted by dabo on 12-11-08 at 04:08 PM
My computer doesn't know what my other computer knows, I should so log in more often!