URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID20
Thread Number: 4059
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"TAR Lvoe List Volume 18.7"

Posted by ARnutz on 04-11-11 at 07:38 AM

Oh Holy Night Men!!!

aka: the anorexic Santas.

This week, teams had to fly from Kolkata, India to Varanasi, India. Once in Varanasi, they had to complete the roadblock – find 6 holy men on a crowded street using their photos, get a different part of a phrase from each one and once all parts are collected, find a final holy man to tell him ‘the meaning of life’.

After the roadblock, teams had to make their way to the detour: feed the fire – make 50 cow patties to dry on a wall, then use a few already dried ones to start a fire and warm some milk – or – feed the buffalo – cross the river, get 2 hay bales, cross back over the river and deliver the hay bales to a certain address.

Once that was done, it was off to the pit stop, Ramnagar Port.

Make sure to check out kidflash's stats from week 6 to see how your favorite team is doing!

On to the list!

rank. names (last week)

1. Zev/Justin (1) – These guys rock! They are so much fun every week and they had a great leg. Zev even overcame that noise factor.

2. Flight Time/Big Easy (2) – I just love them. Having fun, working well with others and leaping to the front of the pack.

3. Gary/Mallory (3) – This week was wonderful. Mallory didn’t screech.

4. LaKisha/Jennifer (5) – Good leg! I would have gagged too, ladies.

5. Jet/Cord (6) – Good job catching up. Too bad you should’ve never been that far behind. Uh huh. Yup.

6. Kent/Vyxsin (4) – I loved them in their original season. This time they are painful to watch.

Philiminated: Ron/Christina (7) – Thank goodness!!! Ron is gone!!!

I've been 2 Patched!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 18.7"
Posted by altpeach on 04-11-11 at 08:48 AM
1. FT/BE- Absolutely lvoe them!!!
2. Zev/Justin- Lvoe Justin!!!
3. (Tie)Kisha/Jen
Jet/Cord
Gary/Mallory
6. Kynt/Vyksin- Sorry but she totally grossed me out the whole episode with that thing hanging from her nose. And he is just so ugh sometimes.

***Yay Ron is gone!!!!!

Posted by samboohoo on 04-11-11 at 09:07 AM
1. Gary & Mallory. Great team. They work so well together. No drama. No backstabbing. They have a good appreciation of everywhere they go, and they treat everyone (other racers included) so well.

2. Zev & Justin. Good leg. Always humerous.

3. Flight Time & Big Easy. In spite of the bunching point, they worked hard and did a good job coming from the back.

4. Jet & Cord. Great job catching up. They are efficient.

5. Kisha & Jen. Agree with Nutzy. I too would have gagged. All in all good leg for them.

6. Kent & Vyxsin. They will likely stay here until they are gone. Every time I think I like them, Kent does something to bring them down. He is so bossy and annoying and whiny. Vyxsin is the true workhorse here.

Philiminated: Ron & Christina. About time.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Posted by kidflash212 on 04-11-11 at 09:17 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-11-11 AT 09:30 AM (EST)

1) Zev & Justin - Justin is awesome. I hope these nice guys finish first.

2) Lakisha & Jennifer - Racing well. Was that another winning quote - "The things you do for a million dollars"?

3) Gary & Mallory - She has quieted down a great deal which makes this team much more appealing.

4) Kent & Vyxsin - Without Vyxsin this team would be at the bottom. Kent was a complete jerk last night.

5) Herbert & Nathaniel - Loud and obnoxious. Exagerrated bragging about going from last to first really annoyed me. There was a bunch point which means all teams started out even - they weren't really last. They need to turn the volume down - they scream more than they talk.

6) Jet & Cord - It's true that Kent was an asshat this leg but Jet didn't see any of it - so what was up with his sneering, disgusted attitude toward Kent while he was waiting at the Roadblock?

Capn2patch put me in motion!
ETF a spelling error

Posted by emydi on 04-11-11 at 11:09 AM
1. Flight Time/Big Easy (4)(4)(2)(2)(1)(1) - great leg from last to first

2. Zev/Justin (2)(2)(1)(4)(3)(2)- I felt for Zev, I hate noise and crowds too. Zev would have broken down if he had to do that road block.

3. Gary/Mallory (5)(6)(5)(1)(5)(3)-I really like them. She looked great at the dinner.

4. LaKisha/Jennifer (7)(5)(4)(3)(2)(5) - I couldn't believe any of the teams did the feed the fire...but they got thru it, racing much better this time around

5. Kent/Vyxsin (3)(3)(3)(7)(4)(4)- the have to simmer down now
but I was really glad it was them in 6th not RC

6. Jet/Cord (10)(7)(6)(5)(6)(7)- meh, they ran a good leg though but they should have checked for more flights.

Philiminated Ron/Christina-(8)(9)(8)(9)(8)(8) Ron was really clueless in that task Good riddance

Posted by TARFAN76 on 04-11-11 at 05:31 PM
I laughed out loud more in this episode than I can recall in a while. I got me a new expression: "YOU NEED TO GET A GRIP, SIS!" (Thanks Kent)

1. Zev/Justin - I've been such a weeble-wobble this season with my number one favorite but it keeps changing. Justin is consistently endearing but Zev's occasional antics are distracting at times. They played well and I liked the way Justin and Big Easy worked together.
2. Gary/Mallory - They are way nicer (especially Gary) than most would have been after having been "screwed" by Kent - after he specifically promised he wouldn't. (another laugh for me this episode) I was impressed with how astute Mallory was when she slyly/innocently inquired of Kent, "How's my dad? I thought you were working together." And verbalized the probability (which was true) that Kent might have abandoned Gary after he no longer needed him. They are a great team and I would be happy to see them win. In fact, now that Ron's gone I could live with any of these teams winning - maybe not so much Kent after his sneaky, lying behavior to Gary.
3. Cowboys - I think it stinks that they were given wrong information and unfortunate they did not discover it in time. But once again, they came racing back!! BONANZA!
4. Flight Time/Big Easy - I liked the way Big Easy was singing his way through the street with the hay. They do congratulate themselves a lot but they are mostly pretty likable.
5. Kisha/Jen - Can't believe I'm putting them above Kent and Vixsyn but they have shown some pretty good racing instincts and didn't give up on that carpy task. Yuck.
6. Kent/Vixsyn - I used to love them and sometimes I still do but that was so wrong the way Kent lied to Gary and ran off without him. But he made me laugh out loud with his YOU GET OUT OF THAT WATER! (as well as the I won't screw you, I promise!; and You need to get a grip, sis!") They are a team for whom I have fondness even when they mess up. I suspect they will have to get a grip on being eliminated soon.

Goners:
IRONY: When I thought to myself -- Ron will excel at this task since he is super observant. Instead he took himself to a different part of the world from where the race was happening and wandered aimlessly for who knows how long. Poor Christina! He did make a nice little speech on the finish line. Sure was glad to be rid of him.

Posted by PsychoKitty on 04-11-11 at 08:02 PM
Last night was awesome! I don't know why people are saying Kent was such a jerk. It's not the best thing he's done, running ahead of Gary, but it didn't sound premeditated, just a reaction. It is a race! ;)

1. Zev/Justin - These guys are doing great! And Zev could have lost it and didn't. Justin is amazing - his focus and his support for Zev.

2. Gary/Mallory - They are so much fun and just do the job. Mallory's crack about her clothes forshadowing manure tasks was hilarious. She is a trooper and her dad is JUST AWESOME!

3. Flight Time/Big Easy - Love these guys! They are just so affable. Watching Big Easy look over everyone to spot the holy men was hilarious, and they really worked well with Zev & Justin too. Not the smartest guys but nice people.

4. Kent/Vyxsin - I still like this team, and probably always will. They have a sense of fun and try hard and because of their appearance have a underdog problem. I would think people in other countries might really have an issue with that. Anyhow - I really like them, and I don't think Kent was manipulating Gary at the time. And he was genuinely horrified at Vixen's jumping in the Ganges - that was a true reaction. And he was right! Hopefully she has some good antibiotics with her ;) The stridency I think is just the stress of the race.

5. Jet/Cord - It's a shame they didn't doublecheck on their flight arrival time choices, but once they figured it out they made the best of their situation. Their performance this leg was impressive, and their quote about traveling across the world to deliver hay was hilarious. Good job guys!!! And hopefully they will be more assertive re flights in the future! ;)

6. LaKisha/Jennifer - Good job working the tasks. I still don't like them, but this was a good leg. I would have probably gagged too.

Philiminated: Ron/Christina - Thank GOD! I'm SO SICK OF RON! And of watching Christina having to deal with him. I'm happy to see them go. Get some good therapy Christina! So you can have a happy life. And don't forget to make sure your dad eats AT LEAST 10 times a day! ;) (That was a cute scene though, them breaking for lunch.)

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Signature by tribephyl

Posted by Nume on 04-11-11 at 08:53 PM
>I don't
>know why people are saying
>Kent was such a jerk.
>It's not the best thing
>he's done, running ahead of
>Gary, but it didn't sound
>premeditated, just a reaction. It
>is a race! ;)
To me it wasn't necessarily just that he did it, but rather the fact that he literally told Gary when they met up that they should work together "Because I know where the last guy is! And I'll show you! I wont screw you!" Or something to that effect, then as soon as they got the last clue he just bolted and TH'd that "Their mutual dependence" was over or something when he was the only one that benefitted . Still it wasn't a huge deal, just a stupid and slightly underhanded move that gained little to nothing while potentially pissing other teams off.

Posted by MaryKat on 04-11-11 at 09:25 PM
I didn't like the way he pulled that guy out of the cab.

Posted by Nume on 04-11-11 at 11:34 PM
Yeah, also blamed the cab driver for bumping his head, and bitched about the bag being heavy making Viksen carry both... just a really bad overall leg for Kent heh.

Posted by PsychoKitty on 04-12-11 at 02:22 PM
Hahaha! Well you guys are right - The show sure wasn't showing him at his best light! That was awful when the guy wouldn't get out of the cab fast enough. And Poor Vixen! I hope she owns a gym or something - she does do all the heavy lifting for that couple!

Posted by cahaya on 04-11-11 at 08:13 PM
Well, I'm over the hill, so let's pick up speed and be quick about it!

1. Gary/Mallory - Liking these two more and more each week to the point I'd like to see them win it. Gary's a great dad, especially after you compare him to the recently departed Ron.

2. LaKisha/Jennifer - Under the radar all season, they're actually pleasant to watch even without the drama.

3. The Trotters - Any more encouragement to the taxi driver to go even faster may have led to departure of a few cow's (not to mention a few motorcyclist's) souls to the next world.

4. Zev/Justin - Sort of a comedy act with some good one-liners, and back to good racing form.

5. Jet/Cord - Well, cowboys, you missed getting out the rodeo gate in time, but still managed to stay on the bull this week.

6. Kent/Vyxsin - Looks like the Race is beginning to wear thin on both of them.

Posted by MaryKat on 04-11-11 at 09:18 PM
1. Gary and Mallory - Poor Mallory is in the poop again.
2. Flight Time and Big Easy - I didn't like them them first race they were in but I have changed my mind.
3. Zev and Justin - I liked them better the first time.
4. Jet and Cord - I liked them the first time and they are still ok.
5. LaKisha and Jen - A little bit of sisterly spatting.
6. Kent and Vyxsin - Good heavens! What has happened to Kent? I don't remember him being a jerk.

Posted by featherfish81 on 04-11-11 at 11:19 PM
1. Jet/Cord (2,2,skipped,2,s,1) - Good job catching up. You were really relaxed about it, too, just doing what you had to do. Next time, check the board to make sure yours is the earliest flight.
2. Gary/Mallory (5,5,s,3,s,2) - Much less screeching this season. Now that I can hear you speak normally, I'm impressed.
3. Zev/Justin (3,1,s,1,s,3) - Getting along and doing well. And good job overcoming the noise thing. I can see how that much noise would be stressful.
4. Flight Time/Big Easy (11,8,s,8,s,5) - They're getting on my nerves less than last season. But I'm waiting for someone to not help them on a mental task, because then they'll be in trouble.
5. Lakisha/Jennifer (9,7,s,5,s,6) - Wow, the editors actually managed to find a little fight to put on the air. Otherwise, they're getting along well and having a good time. (And for the record, I have no problem with her separating from the Globetrotters during the Roadblock, because they hadn't agreed to work together, and were both still searching for clues.)
6. Kent/Vyxsin (6,4,s,4,s,4) - Yikes. Way to throw a hissy fit when you bumped your head, and then you completely ditched Gary after he helped you find the rest of the clues. And I almost forgot making that guy get out of his taxi.

Philiminated: Ron/Christina (7,10,s,9,s) - Yeah, the guys that they gave you a picture of decided to take a bath and make it impossible for you to find them. He wasn't that objectionable this week, just a little bumbling.

Posted by KwietOne on 04-12-11 at 02:25 AM
#1 Zev/Justin
#2 FT/BE
#3 Jet/Cord

CAN THERE BE A TIE?
#4 Gary/Mallory
#4 Jen/Kisha

JUST GO
#6 Kent/Vyxsin - If Kent did that to me in a taxi, I'd kick his a$$. What a jerk!

Phlm'd - so glad Ron is gone. Wished it was Ron and Kent.

Posted by cahaya on 04-12-11 at 02:10 PM
Wished it was Ron and Kent.

Which would leave Christina and Vyxsin as partners! Now that would be interesting!

Posted by Starshine on 04-12-11 at 02:45 PM
1. Gallory and Mallory - They keep running well and enjoying themselves, I really like both of them.

2. Kisha and Jen - Racing well, and getting on well.

3. Flight Time and Big Easy - Still don't care for them that much, but they are doing reasonably well this time round.

4. Kent and Vyksin - Here for Vyxsin mainly, doing down Gary drops them down my rankings.

5. Jet and Cord - Racing well, but they aren't getting the loveable edit they did in their last race.

6. Zev and Justin - Just go home now you whining little prat, do you know how many people would kill for a chance to be in a race like this and all you can do is complain because things are different from home.

Lovely cheese Mooney

Just another Sleeperbloke

Posted by Belle Book on 04-12-11 at 04:39 PM
Here are my rankings:

1. Gary & Mallory -- they're doing well as always -- and they beat the team that screwed them during the Roadblock!

2. Zev & Justin -- nice recovery! I can understand Zev's problems with the noise, too.

3. Flight Time & Big Easy -- great job in coming from first to last -- on the race, that is.

4. Kisha & Jen -- I just like the other teams more than you. But I like you more than I did last season.

5. Jet & Cord -- I have to drop you for getting on the wrong flight. Next time, double-check!

6. Kent & Vyksin -- why couldn't you have been eliminated instead of Ron & Christina?

Gonzo: Ron & Christina. Maybe you should've taken a land taxi. And maybe Christina should've done the Roadblock.

Posted by TARFAN76 on 04-13-11 at 10:47 AM
...and, oh yeah, Mallory - thoughtful as always - providing ear plugs to Zev. And did he call her Mal-Mal?? (a little crush maybe?)

Posted by Belle Book on 04-13-11 at 04:24 PM
At the least, we know that Zev & Justin and Gary & Mallory are good friends, since Mallory probably knows that Zev is sensitive to loud noises -- presumably because he has Asperger's.

Posted by Max Headroom on 04-13-11 at 08:03 AM
Like:
1. Flight Time/Big Easy (1)
2. Gary/Mallory (2)

Meh:
3. Jet/Cord (4)
4. Zev/Justin (5)
5. Kent/Vyxsin (3)
6. LaKisha/Jennifer (6)

Don't like:
*blank look* I think this is a first

Philiminated: Ron/Christina (7) - And America rejoiced again. Was I the only one hoping this wasn't an NEL?

Posted by TARFAN76 on 04-13-11 at 10:43 AM
No, Max, you were most certainly NOT the only one hoping it wasn't an NEL. I held my breath - and then rejoiced!

Posted by Scuba Steve on 04-14-11 at 09:45 AM
1. Zev/Justin
2. Flight Time/Big Easy
3. Gary/Mallory
4. LaKisha/Jennifer
5. Jet/Cord
6. Kent/Vyxsin

Posted by beau_30 on 04-15-11 at 08:17 PM
Zev/Justin
Globetrotters
Cowboys
Gary/Mallory
Kisha/Jen
Kent/Vysxin

Posted by louislam on 04-17-11 at 02:28 PM
1. Gary/Mallory (2)
2. LaKisha/Jennifer (3)
3. Jet/Cord (5)
4. Flight Time/Big Easy (6)
5. Zev/Justin (7)
6. Kent/Vyxsin (4)
Philiminated - Ron/Christina (1) - Wrong choice of people doing RB this time

The Amazing Race Fan from Hong Kong!

"Week 7 Results!"
Posted by kidflash212 on 04-17-11 at 07:16 PM
Gary & Mallory continue to rule the lvoe list, taking first place again this week. They seem to be more lvoed this time around than they were in their first Race (of course they don't have the belvoed Nat & Kat keeping them out of first place). Rebounding slightly from last week, Zev & Justin move up to second place just missing first place by 0.058 and earn the most first place votes of any team. Starshine's last place vote just pulled their average down enough to deny them the top spot. Herbert & Nathaniel round out the top three.

Kent & Vyxsin take a huge tumble down to the cellar of the lvoe list taking 12 out of 17 last place votes. Last week's tie between Lakisha & Jennifer and Jet & Cord was broken with the sisters besting the cowboys by the slightest of margins.

­
Rank
Team
First Place Votes
Last Place Votes
AverageRank
Direction
Gary & Mallory
Zev & Justin
Herbert & Nathaniel
Lakisha & Jennifer
Jet & Cord