URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID1
Thread Number: 4055
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Post Finale Interviews"

Posted by Snidget on 05-17-10 at 09:38 AM
Since there shouldn't be any spoilers in the interviews lets compile them here.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Early Show"
Posted by Snidget on 05-17-10 at 09:39 AM
RussHell: I got player of the game so America doesn't understand why I didn't win, either.

Sandra: um you do know Rupert was neck and neck with you.

Chenbot: What is the first thing you are going to do with your winnings

Sandra: Pay my taxes.

"RE: Early Show"
Posted by HistoryDetective on 05-17-10 at 10:22 AM
RussHell: I got player of the game so America doesn't understand why I didn't win, either

I would love to see Rasshole on Celebrity Apprentice just because it would be fun to see him interact with Trump, somebody who is equally delusional, clueless, and self-promoting.

Rasshole would be so jealous of The Hair.

"The time to break the guidelines is (once again) now."
Posted by Estee on 05-17-10 at 10:33 AM
I would love to see Rasshole on Celebrity Apprentice

Shutupshutupshutup!

"RE: The time to break the guidelines is (once again) now."
Posted by vince3 on 05-17-10 at 05:06 PM
Now you know how I felt with the threat of him inside the Cage in 7 weeks+............

Could be worse....... and we've already thought about it between the two seasons.........poor Phil.....

Posted by CTgirl on 05-17-10 at 04:27 PM
Rasshole would be so jealous of The Hair.

*snort*

Posted by Estee on 05-17-10 at 10:32 AM
What we need here are the total number of voting addresses, his exact count of ballot contributors, and the real percentage he got. Because at my best guess, he may have wound up with about eighteen percent maximum -- and I don't understand what's so special about wrapping up the misogynist vote.

"RussHell's Youtube to Sucks"
Posted by Snidget on 05-17-10 at 03:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyDTCQqjZrQ

"Obvious fake."
Posted by Estee on 05-17-10 at 03:33 PM
Whoever that guy was, he was way too polite.

"RussHell Zap2it."
Posted by Snidget on 05-17-10 at 06:57 PM
link

Does winning the fan-voted Sprint player of season prize twice take the sting out of not winning the game?
Yeah. For sure it does, because if you watched the live show I said how there's a flaw in the system. If you don't get one vote and America gives me 5 million votes, it shows you that something's wrong. Something has to be fixed.

You don't think it's because you got a favorable edit? The viewers love you but the other Survivors who had to live with you don't?
Favorable edit? I looked like a freaking Tasmanian devil out there. I'm not gettin' a good edit, honey. I looked terrible.

Would you do "Survivor" again if they asked?
I don't know. I'd have to think about it. I didn't win. Just think about this. If I played again and I actually won, then is there any argument then that I'm the greatest of all time? If I could go all the way and win, then there's no argument.

Sandra would still be arguing. Sandra's not even in the Top 20 of all time

"Parvati Zap2it.com"
Posted by Snidget on 05-17-10 at 06:59 PM
link

You aligned with Russell, is he not such a bad guy? Or is he just as bad, or worse, as we saw on TV?
He is intense. I don't know what America is smoking but he is a lunatic. He's out of his mind. He is a very aggressive game player and very controlling and very competitive. He has a very large ego, so whenever any kind of move went down, he wanted to take the credit for it. Which is why he's so hard to live with because he's constantly watching everyone and wants to know what's going on. I just tried to calm him down every time I talked to him. I'm like, "Listen dude, you're outplaying yourself right now. You're irritating everybody, just chill out, go do some downward facing dog for a second and then we can talk strategy because you're driving me nuts. Go take a time out and we'll talk about this later." That's what you have to do with him, you have to let him know what's going on and hope he backs off.

Russell does have some redeeming qualities. He's a very loyal player. He also is willing to take huge risks -- he's very bold in his game-play so he was a good guy for me to align with. I don't think anybody else would have given me an Idol. He was ready to go home, he thought his name was being written down too that night and he gave me an Idol.

Would you do Survivor again if they asked?
No. I will never go back. I'm opening a wellness center in Santa Monica and I'm going to focus on building people up, having a healthy lifestyle, doing good, positive things. I'm just ready to leave all the paranoia and mayhem in the past. I'm appreciate the opportunity to have played, but I am finished.

"Thank Dog"
Posted by Karchita on 05-17-10 at 10:49 PM
Would you do Survivor again if they asked?
No. I will never go back.

I just hope she keeps her word.

Bouquet by c2p

"RE: Thank Dog"
Posted by samboohoo on 05-18-10 at 08:31 AM
Me too because, while she is a great player, I'm finished with her too.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

"RE: Thank Dog"
Posted by Karchita on 05-18-10 at 06:32 PM
She earned my respect this time around especially, but she's just a little too phony to like. As a player, kudos. As a person, yuck.

Bouquet by c2p

"Sandra Zap2It"
Posted by Snidget on 05-17-10 at 07:02 PM
link

Is Russell even more obnoxious in person than we were shown on TV or is he not such a bad guy?
He is obnoxious. I'm sure his wife made him take a shower this morning ... I'm glad that I'm not the only one who saw that Russell was nothing but a scumbag.

Would you do "Survivor" again if they asked you?
Maybe down the road. This is still too fresh, but maybe down the road when I start to miss it. I'm always a fan. But I know I'd have to defend my title and then I'd be the target. I have no complaints about my game.

"Sandra RTVW"
Posted by Snidget on 05-17-10 at 07:38 PM
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-sandra-diaz-twine-talks-survivor-heroes-vs-villains-win-10944.php

Reality TV World: Why do you think Russell underestimated your strategic and social game play so much?

Sandra Diaz-Twine: Oh my god, we've been fighting all morning. I'm glad our interviews are separate now because he keeps saying just because I won that means the system is flawed. I tell him, "You know what Russell? I was a fan first before I was a Survivor. I take bits and pieces of everybody's season and every winner's strategy and I have dos and don'ts and I just have a winning combination."

He thinks because he saw Micronesia and he played in Samoa that he's an expert. He's not. He doesn't understand this game. He can play a thousand times and he'll never win.

Reality TV World: Since you were both his enemy and his ally, what do you think prevents Russell from winning the final jury vote once he makes it all the way to the end? Is his abrasive personality and kind of taunting gameplay why don't jury members respect his strategic game play more or is there more to it?

Sandra Diaz-Twine: He doesn't know how to play Survivor.

Reality TV World: Why?

Sandra Diaz-Twine: He's a bully. You can't bully people around and expect them to give you votes. Let me tell you this, when I saw the finale in Samoa I knew he didn't win. I knew -- with everyone's tone -- what was going down. I don't see how he didn't understand that, how he could go back two weeks later and repeat the same game. How is he a strategic player if he didn't change anything -- and that was a crappy game.

"RE: Sandra RTVW"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 05-17-10 at 08:14 PM
Once again, this is why I love Sandra. Just lets it rip with both barrels when the pressure's off, but still manages to know when to tone it down when it's a critical time in the game.

"Jerri Zap2it"
Posted by Snidget on 05-17-10 at 07:42 PM
link

Was he even more obnoxious to live with than was shown on TV or is he not such a bad guy?
You guys have no idea. I did say that last night but no one heard me because Russell wouldn't shut up. He's like, "America should choose who wins." But you guys don't have to live with him 24 hours a day. He's a very difficult person to be around because his whole strategy involves chaos and disillusionment and disorder. He's really, really hard to be around. So until America has to witness what he's like 24 hours a day, I don't think it would even be fair to put the power in America's hands. All he had to do is be a little more humble. He had a great opportunity to get quite a few votes ... He could've even gotten J.T.'s vote if he just wasn't so full of himself.

Were you surprised Parvati didn't win?
You know, I voted for Parvati because she was my biggest competition physically, mentally, socially, I had to give her mad props for that. On the other side of that, I'm actually very happy that Sandra won if for no other reason than for the fact that Russell absolutely despises her. That's what you get for taking Sandra in to the Final 3 and not me. Had I made it to the final 3, I know I would've won. I managed to get through the entire game without making a single person mad at me.

"Colby Zap2it"
Posted by Snidget on 05-17-10 at 07:59 PM
link

Were you surprised to see your taking Tina to the finals make the nominations for Dumbest Move in "Survivor" History? We were surprised, we've always looked at that as a really upstanding move, not on the same level with the other nominees.
I'm not sure I agreed with being nominated, but to tell you the truth, I thought it was a low-class move all together. We're going to have a trophy made up and take time out of the reunion show to point out the dumbest move in "Survivor" history? Really? I thought it was a classless move on CBS' part.

What is the hosting gig you mentioned? We hadn't heard anything about that.
It's called "Top Shot" and premieres on June 6 on the History Channel. We just north in L.A. at a beautiful ranch in the mountains. We took 16 of the countries top marksmen and pitted them against each other in historical challenges using old fashioned weapons. History's had to be quiet about it because I was on "Survivor." Contractually we weren't allowed to promtoe me as host until "Survivor" concluded.

"RE: Colby Zap2it"
Posted by iltarion on 05-17-10 at 10:41 PM

Hahaha... this is awesome. Too bad Colby didn't show this kind of fire during the season.

I agree with him completely. He shouldn't have been nominated and CBS was very weak to play that card. BTW, JT's move isn't NEAR as dumb as Erik's was. JT won because it just happened this season.

>

"Jeff's EW.com blog"
Posted by Snidget on 05-18-10 at 08:55 AM
Shouldn't be any spoilers so I'll discuss it here rather than over on the spoiler thread.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/05/18/jeff-probst-survivor-heroes-villains-finale/

I’m not going to argue whether Sandra should have won or not. I’ve learned from last season that it’s a bit pointless. The jury is in charge and the jury made their decision.

Thank dog.

All I could do last night was to try to keep him {RussHell} seated in his chair long enough for us to get a shot of him on-camera. In fact the entire night it felt a bit like a fight might break out at anytime. In case you’re wondering what I would have done…? I would have just let it happen. I wouldn’t have gone to commercial but instead would have launched right into good ole fashioned Survivor play-by-play.

Now that would have been great TV.

And maybe the Jiffy-lurve affair with Russ is over!!!!

But my opinion of Russell changed when he admitted to Boston Rob that he did not play to win. You can’t be the best if you’re not playing to win. He can hoop and holler all he wants about “America choosing” but that’s not this game. This game is about convincing a jury of your peers that you are the most deserving person. He didn’t do that. But my problem is not that he didn’t accomplish that goal, it’s that it wasn’t his goal in the first place.

"RE: Jeff's EW.com blog"
Posted by Brownroach on 05-18-10 at 12:11 PM
Boston Rob and Amber – who knew they’d make such a cute baby

Huh? They're both attractive people, it's not surprising that they would have a cute baby.

"RE: Jeff's EW.com blog"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 05-18-10 at 09:52 PM
Uh oh. Oh, hell no.

Russell, if you’re reading this and I know you are – I hope, I truly hope you will give yourself a break and let the game go… at least for a while. Come back and revisit it with a fresh mind and see if you can find ways to improve your game. Otherwise you are doomed to be frustrated by this game and continue to make silly suggestions like “let America vote.”

Sure sounds like he's coming back for a third season based on this snippet.

"RussHell RTVW"
Posted by Snidget on 05-18-10 at 02:20 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-18-10 AT 02:21 PM (EST)

Reality TV World: You discussed how America should have a final Tribal vote and called the fact that they don't a "flaw" in the game. However seeing as how you got zero percent of the jury votes and Sandra got two-thirds of them, that really wouldn't have changed the result, right?

Russell Hantz: I think it's something they need to talk about. I think it's something they need to discuss. I still probably wouldn't have won... I wouldn't have won because I didn't get any votes from the jury. I don't know how they could do it, but at least it holds them accountable and they don't want to look stupid and America gives me 100% of the vote and the jury only gives me nothing! It holds them accountable for their actions.

{EDITOR'S NOTE: Despite Russell's comment, he didn't receive 100% of the Player of the Season home viewer votes. During the reunion show, Jeff stated it "came down to a two-person race between" Russell and Rupert, and "less than 2,000 votes separated the two," according to Probst's post-finale blog.}

"Parvati RTVW"
Posted by Snidget on 05-18-10 at 02:23 PM
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-parvati-shallow-talks-about-survivor-heroes-vs-villains-10953.php

Reality TV World: Why do you think Russell had such a hard time seeing Sandra as a threat?

Parvati Shallow: Because Russell has a hard time seeing past his ego. It's extremely large. (laughing)

Reality TV World: It's as simple as that?

Parvati Shallow: Yeah. It's completely straight forward. I spelled it out for him. I told him exactly what was going on and he believed that he could win against anyone. He was like, "I'm going to take Sandra because I've been dragging her this whole time. She ain't done nothing." I'm like, "You're ridiculous. Do you not see how the jury starts smiling every time Sandra talks? You don't see them start laughing every time she says something? They love her. You're crazy."

Whenever would say something they would roll their eyes and groan. I'm like, "I want to take Jerri."

"RE: Parvati RTVW"
Posted by samboohoo on 05-19-10 at 11:19 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-19-10 AT 11:20 AM (EST)

"Parvati Shallow: Yeah. It's completely straight forward. I spelled it out for him. I told him exactly what was going on and he believed that he could win against anyone. He was like, "I'm going to take Sandra because I've been dragging her this whole time. She ain't done nothing." I'm like, "You're ridiculous. Do you not see how the jury starts smiling every time Sandra talks? You don't see them start laughing every time she says something? They love her. You're crazy.""

This is where I think Sandra really got the edge over Parv for the win - her handling of Russell. Everyone hated Russell, and they wanted someone to stand up to him and take him out. I think Candice's analysis was somewhat spot on with Parv/Russell being compared to an abusive relationship. And I think they also saw Parv as evil and as a flirt, who thought she could charm her way into another win. Maybe they saw her more as using Russell almost as a shield. With Sandra, she really wanted him gone and tried to get rid of him. In the end she was stuck with him. And while Parv claimed herself to be a hero inside, it was really Sandra who ended up being the hero.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

"Jerri RTVW"
Posted by Snidget on 05-18-10 at 04:24 PM
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-jerri-manthey-dishes-on-survivor-heroes-vs-villains-10957.php

Reality TV World: Why do you think Russell was so certain that Sandra wouldn't receive any jury votes and had you also felt the same way?

Jerri Manthey: (laughing) I would never assume that somebody would get no votes. Again, that's Russell's arrogance getting in the way of his game and that's why he'll never win.

But if I had gotten to the Final 3, I know I would have won. I know I would have won because somehow I managed -- me, Jerri (laughing) -- to get through this entire game without making a single person mad at me.

"RE: Jerri RTVW"
Posted by Brownroach on 05-18-10 at 05:42 PM
Well, the NY Times today thought Jerri won -- they put her picture in the paper identified as Sandra Diaz-Twine.

"EW: Russell and Parvati"
Posted by Puffy on 05-19-10 at 09:05 PM
http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/05/17/survivor-talk-russell-parvati-heroes-vs-villains/

Courtesy of the Cap'n

"EW video: Sandra"
Posted by Puffy on 05-19-10 at 09:08 PM
http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/05/17/survivor-talk-sandra-russell/

Courtesy of the Cap'n

"Survivor Fans Podcast"
Posted by CTgirl on 05-21-10 at 08:14 AM
I've been listening to the Survivor Fans Podcasts since Tom was booted. They have been doing podcasts for years and are big fans and very knowledgeable. They're 15 minutes long and have some fun info that isn't covered in the print interviews. I haven't had time to summarize them this season but Colby's interview was very interesting.

He discusses why he went UTR this season (he felt he had to when his alliance was voted out). He also discussed further the quarantine he mentioned at the reunion show. He said that the beach was almost entirely coral and the seas were very rough. They couldn't go more than 30 feet out and only had about a 6 foot area where they could go in deep enough to bathe. He also said that the area was roped off just beyond camp and they had no space to go adventuring or even to get away to think. Whenever he tried to walk up the coast to get some alone time, a producer would tell him to go back to camp. It's not surprising that the conditions combined with the seeing his alliance dismantled caused him to be rather despondent. He also said he came home with E coli and elephantitis!!

His interview is definitely worth listening too. Courtney's was good too - very entertaining (And in case anyone had any wonderings if Sandra would really win, Courtney said that she was surprised that Parv and Russell didn't get more credit from the editing for taking out Tyson. She thought that was a huge move for them.) Jerri's interview is also very good. Rupert's and the F3 weren't up yet.

They have a web site but I find it easier to get the podcasts from itunes and listen to them when I'm in the car or out for a walk.