URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 4054
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"I might have found a spoiler in the weirdest of places"

Posted by bergdogg on 09-19-03 at 01:57 AM
As most of you know, I am not only a fan of Survivor, but a huge fan of professional wrestling as well. Little did I know (Since I hadn't paid much attention to pre-season news) that Jon Dalton was a pro wrestler. Then I find this on a wrestling gossip site:

The new season of Survivor opens today and one of the guys on the show is indy wrestler Jon Dalton. He is one of the most obnoxious of the bunch and is voted off very quickly in the game.

Just to prove that this isn't BS, here is a link: http://www.wrestlezone.com/articles/65919620.php

This is either BS or good insider news. I will say as far as pro wrestling goes, these guys get their info from guys who are right 90% of the time, so hopefully I found something here.

Minnesota sports: Proving the underdogs can truly succeed!!!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: I might have found a spoiler in the weirdest of places"
Posted by Krautboy on 09-19-03 at 02:15 AM
>The new season of Survivor opens
>today and one of the
>guys on the show is
>indy wrestler Jon Dalton. He
>is one of the most
>obnoxious of the bunch and
>is voted off very quickly
>in the game.

>
Based on his debut tonight I'd have to agree. I'd say he is the first to go when Drake finally goes to TC...

Krautboy

"Agreed"
Posted by Breezy on 09-19-03 at 08:48 AM
As soon as Drake goes to TC Jon is gone.

*Breezy ... keeping OT satisfied since 2003*

Posted by wendyp on 09-19-03 at 09:49 AM
After tonight I was saying WOW no wonder he is rumored to be voted off early!! And i thought Sandra would be the outspoken one.

Posted by Draco Malfoy on 09-19-03 at 08:52 AM
I KNEW I had seen Jonny boy before! Nice to see another rasslin' fan too!

Start Weight:339 Last Weigh-in:321 Loss To Date:-18
I guess one person can make a difference, but most of the time, they probably shouldn't. - Marge Simpson

Posted by SurvivorBlows on 09-19-03 at 09:21 AM
LAST EDITED ON 09-19-03 AT 09:23 AM (EST)

I think the fact that Jiffy has been openly commenting on his dislike for Jon in press interviews also points to an early Jon boot. And I think the fact that for some reason his footage during the intro is of an apparent challenge win (like maybe they didn't have much else to work with) is also telling.

And besides, any fool wearing a wool hat in Panama deserves to have his art consultant punk ass booted ASAP

-SB

"Not sure about Jon being first"
Posted by Brownroach on 09-19-03 at 11:12 AM
Jon might go early from Drake, but I'm not yet convinced he'll be their first boot. Actually I didn't get too bad an impression of him last night. We know Sandra doesn't care for his shtick, but everyone else seemed to be relating well to him so far.

I think Rupert may be Drake's first boot. He got noticeably tuckered out from catching all those fish, and people were looking at him askance, notably Burton. We saw that Burton can catch fish.

And Rupert didn't take kindly to Shawn and Burton trying to be leaders, and he's going to have a tiff with Shawn coming up, so he may try to target one of them.

Rupert also didn't seem particularly interested in bonding with anyone. He seems to think people will just be amused by his outsize personality and respect him as a provider. That may not work out for him.

"RE: Not sure about Jon being first"
Posted by tamarama on 09-19-03 at 11:27 AM
>>I think Rupert may be Drake's first boot. He got noticeably tuckered out from catching all those fish, and people were looking at him askance, notably Burton. We saw that Burton can catch fish<<

Tuckerd out yes, but spear fishing like that is a whole lots harder than conventional fishing --

I noticed Burton looking askance, and he also commented that Rup was going to hurt himself...BUT...

Burton & Shawn have ticked off more than just Rupert -- Sandra, Christa & Trish were ticked too.

And as for Burton catching fish -- ONE fish for EIGHT people...and then he stopped? I thought that was pretty pathetic.

I kinda think Burton & Shawn are gonna get into trouble doin the leadership thing.

"RE: Not sure about Jon being first"
Posted by Brownroach on 09-19-03 at 11:37 AM
Yes I know Burton only caught one pathetic fish, but my point is he can catch fish, so it's not like Rupert is the only one who can do it, though Rupert was obviously working much harder at it. As long as someone else can catch fish, even if they're not doing much of it now, Rupert is less indispensable.

I'd be more worried about Rupert from a social standpoint. I suspect Burton, Shawn and Jon will start hanging together and gravitate away from Rupert. Not sure where the women will fall in.

"Agreed"
Posted by Jims02 on 09-19-03 at 12:10 PM
I agree, BR.

We saw some foreshadowing when Rupert took the spear gun, as we noticed a very annoyed Shawn/Burton (I confuse them).

So, it's fairly obvious that Shawn and Burton have a beef with Rupert. Jon said he wanted to vote out the old people. He'd vote out Rupert too.

It would make sense for the younger women, such as Michelle and Christa, to allign with S/B as well. Look at it the right way. It firmly puts them in an alliance, and THEY won't be the targets. This is how some of the women make it farther than the men.

That reasoning would also point to a Drake Pagonging someone, with Christa being one of the last one to go, if not the last (see Snewsers Scorecard).

A 2003 IceCat original

"RE: Agreed"
Posted by Brownroach on 09-19-03 at 05:50 PM
It would make sense for the younger women, such as Michelle and Christa, to allign with S/B as well. Look at it the right way. It firmly puts them in an alliance, and THEY won't be the targets.

I totally agree. But think Sandra would side with Rupert -- see MarkoPolo's Insider post, she's not at all fond of Burton or Jon -- thereby putting herself next on Drake's sh**list. Trish seems like the type that would watch and listen, and go whichever the way the wind is blowing.

Posted by jsanb on 09-19-03 at 06:13 PM
I could not disagree more. Remember Trish and Michelle during Jon's antics? They also were not pleased with alpha's Shawn & Burton drinking coconut milk and not sharing? They were peeved too. I see the women and Rupert taking out John then Shawn then if they get to it Burton.

The only question I have is when Drake finally goes to TC, where will Christa be? Will it be a 5-3 or 4-4 vote????

Jon is gone.

Posted by Brownroach on 09-19-03 at 06:37 PM
They did offer the coconut milk to Michelle. It was Sandra who complained about not getting any, and asked Christa if they had offered her any, to which Christa said no.

However, while I can picture Sandra refusing to forget this little incident, I think Christa would probably just blow it off. And most of the time we see people carping about annoying things their tribemates do early on in the game. It doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Posted by Krautboy on 09-19-03 at 07:47 PM
The nature of the confessionals is much like the TC (or anything filmed for the show, for that matter) There's lots of footage to make most any point or paint any picture MB asks the editors to paint.

In the early confessionals the contestants are probabl;y asked for their first impressions, both positive and negative. We only see those that the editors want us too. The "insider clips" give us a small glimpse at the fact that we just see the tip of the available footage iceberg...

Krautboy

"Big Lie?"
Posted by mavsfan on 09-20-03 at 00:28 AM
Looking at the preview for next week, I get the impression Rupert is ticked off because Shawn lost the spear to the spear gun.

But... What if Shawn didn't lose the spear?
What if he just said he did to undercut Rupert's strategy?

Maybe somewhere down the line, after Rupert's flame gets snuffed, Shawn suddenly "finds" the spear, but regrets his deception when someone gets wise to his deception.