URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID58
Thread Number: 405
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"What will the Average Janes look like?"

Posted by AJ_for_life on 03-03-04 at 02:40 AM
Now I know most will think 'fat' but really what would you think they will look like?

And do you think that we will have more simpathy for them than the Joes cause I get the impression that the people here really hated these average joes than felt sorry for them.

How do you all think we will react to women who are supposed to be ugly being humiliated because they do not fit the ideal?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: What will the Average Janes look like?"
Posted by Icebaby on 03-03-04 at 09:35 AM
I don't think some one has to be fat or overly Geeky to be average. I would consider my self average and i'm not fat at all and far from Geeky. I'm just not super model quality.
I'm hoping that maybe the aj producers will look at the complaints and do a better job of picking the average janes then they did with the average joe's.

Posted by ladro on 03-03-04 at 12:15 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-03-04 AT 12:18 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 03-03-04 AT 12:16 PM (EST)

It isn't absolutely clear to me that there will be 'average janes' on Adam's show. Being skeptical, I am inclined to think that the 'average jane' twist rumor might be just a hook to get people to watch the show. But, if there are average janes, they will be 'average' in the same way that Sara Jessica Parker was the average girl on Square Pegs (sorry for the dated refrerece). I don't think you will see a lot of Mindy Cohn types (FAcTS OF LIFE).

Posted by AJ_for_life on 03-03-04 at 12:25 PM
So they will not be the equivilant of the season two Joes? Below average.

Posted by ladro on 03-03-04 at 12:35 PM
yes, in other words the 'average janes' will be 6-8 on the ten scale.

Posted by pmspml5 on 03-03-04 at 12:58 PM
From what previews I've seen they all look gorgeous

Posted by stone4pi on 03-03-04 at 01:27 PM
I Think they will be just as average and maybe a little less than the first 2 shows.

***Don't forget, All these women already know he is wealthy. How will he know who is the most sincere.

Posted by Big Al on 03-03-04 at 01:34 PM
Think Zelda Gilroy from Dobie Gillis. Think the banking chick from the Beverly Hillbillies.

Posted by ladro on 03-03-04 at 02:12 PM
gee, I thought my Square Pegs reference was dated.

Posted by SilverStar on 03-03-04 at 01:38 PM
I get the impression that the people here really hated these average joes

Did you really? I know we make fun of the AJ's alot on this board, but I know personally I have always rooted for the AJ's and liked them a heck of alot more that the vapid "hunks".
Or did you mean that we hate the selection of them because alot of people thought they were below average and not a good representation of an "average" guy?
SilverStar
Proud Member RBBRTFHLA

Posted by escapedude on 03-06-04 at 04:19 PM
As discussed before Average Janes will only bring in average ratings..After viewing some of the "Adam" previews i noticed these women to look pretty good..

btw-who ever said this was an average jane show anyway?

Posted by ladro on 03-06-04 at 07:15 PM
Someone stated in another thread that they read that the twist was that they were going to start with model types then bring in 'average janes' later on. No, that doesn't make sense to me either. I think some people have such a hard on to see 'average janes' that they are willing to presume that the 'avreage jane' twist story is true.

Posted by darkfalz on 03-16-04 at 11:41 PM
Average/fat/ugly women won't like to go on a show where they have to admit that's what they are, unless it's a makeover show where they're going to come out looking better at the end. Men, who are far more down to earth, honest and self effacing, have no problems doing this.

Most of them are "plain Janes" though, but I think it's just a mistake because Adam is so rich. Women competing for a rich guy is something we've seen before, and it's tainted.