URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID20
Thread Number: 4035
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"TAR Lvoe List Volume 18.2"

Posted by ARnutz on 02-28-11 at 08:57 AM
LAST EDITED ON 02-28-11 AT 09:00 AM (EST)

It's the Outback!!!

...but there are no steakhouses.

This week, teams continued racing in Australia. After finding Sydney Town Hall, they flew on charter flights to Broken Hill. Jet & Cord were lucky the flights didn't leave for several hours, as they were still working on the flag clue from last week, plus they still had to do the skiff task.

Once in Broken Hill, teams had to drive to the Living Desert where they were faced with the Detour: Spirit World - copy a ground mosaic, then dance ON top of it - or - Natural World - mix natural paint and using your mouth, spit it to create 4 stencils. Amanda and Kris had to do both, on a count of they came in last on the first task. Everyone else did Spirit World, which seemed like it took way longer than Natural World.

After the detour, teams had to make their way to Central Football Club. There they had to put on kangaroo costumes with boingy feet, then using a clue from a periodic table, they had to figure out the elements were street names where they would bounce to the corner of Mercury & Bismuth to find their next clue. Once they found it, that clue sent them to the next pit stop - Junction Mine.

Want to see how the teams made out on our lists last week? ...then head on over to see kidflash's awesome stats from week 1

On to the list!

rank. names (last week)

01. Zev/Justin (3) - still love them! Awesome job!
02. Flight Time/Big Easy (4) - still love them too!
03. Mel/Mike (6) - I feel so bad for Mel. Like them bunches!
04. Gary/Mallory (1) - shut up, Mallory!!!
05. Kent/Vyxsin (5) - c'mon... hustle!
06. Jet/Cord (7) - default position.
07. LaKisha/Jennifer (8) - still meh.
08. Ron/Christina (9) - shut up, Ron!!!
09. Margie/Luke (10) - still blech!
10. Jaime/Cara (11) - still double blech!
Philiminated: Amanda/Kris (2) - too bad.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 18.2"
Posted by Max Headroom on 02-28-11 at 10:25 AM
So much for the one team I really liked this season.

1. Zev/Justin (3) - Ran a strong leg and seemed to have fun along the way.
2. Mel/Mike (6) - Despite not being a strong team, they have a strong relationship and I'll enjoy watching them until they go.
3. Flight Time/Big Easy (2) - If these two ever have to personally complete a thinking task, they're toast, but I think they're fun to watch.
4. Jet/Cord (4) - Just like their previous season, they made up for a lack of smarts through effort. That was a nice comeback from dead last at the turn.

Meh
5. Kent/Vyxsin (7) - Growing on me; Kent wasn't as shrill this episode.
6. Jaime/Cara (8) - Located here solely for the eye candy factor. As soon as Jaime starts to speak on camera, they're headed down the list.
7. Gary/Mallory (5) - The Perk-O-Meter was on overload this episode. I need a super-strength mute button on my TV remote for every time Mallory shows up on camera.

Don't like
8. Margie/Luke (10) - I'm already tired of hearing "Momma", but overall this team hasn't grated on me quite as much as they did in their previous season.
9. Ron/Christina (9) - Ron's pompous personality is insufferable, but Christina is a sweetheart and that keeps this team out of the cellar.
10. LaKisha/Jennifer (11) - I'm still looking for a redeeming factor for this team. I never found one during their last season either.

Philiminated
Amanda/Kris (1) - By far my favorite team this season, but there's no denying that they caused their own demise. Kudos to Kris for admitting that fact at the mat.

Posted by samboohoo on 02-28-11 at 10:48 AM
1. Zev & Justin: Zev is artistic and autistic! I think they are greatand would love to see them win.

2. Mel & Mike: I love their relationship. I love how they treat others around them. I also give Mike extra points here for fighting through it and coming out strong.

3. Jet & Cord: Just like their previous season, they stumbled at the beginning but came out on top. Extra rank points because they did actually complete the road block.

4. Flight Time & Big Easy: I thought they were really funny last night. I would like to see them complete a task on their own though.

5. Gary & Mallory: She was a little loud this week, but they're still having fun and still working well together.

6. Kent & Vyxsin: The moment with them gathering up children completely entertained me and completely annoyed me. I can't deal with Kent's whining.

7. Margie & Luke: Speaking of whiners . . .

8. Jamie & Cara: Screeching whiners . . .

9. Kisha & Jen: Still have no redeeming value. Can't wait for them to leave.

10. Ron & Christina: You must be bad if you rank below Jen & Kisha.

Philiminated: Amanda & Kris: I'm probably one of the only ones who won't really miss them. I didn't dislike them, but they just didn't have any "wow" factor with me.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Posted by emydi on 02-28-11 at 11:56 AM
1. Mel/Mike (1) - I love them. Mike was very supportive, even if a bit weepy, when Dad was hurting, but Mel pulled through. Nice leg.

2. Zev/Justin (2)- Boston Rob says Zev is autistic I love Zev's wry humor

3. Kent/Vyxsin (3)- I have to give props to Kent...if I couldn't find someone with a smart phone, I'd still be looking..I hated chemistry. They need to run better legs though...Read the clue. "Vyxsin bring me children!!" You know that in that couple, Kent would be the one to get pregnant!

4. Flight Time/Big Easy (4) - I like them BE likes to have fun. They're lack of "smarts" will slow them up when they're alone though

5. LaKisha/Jennifer (7) - they are running good legs..keep the drama in check and no water and they should be ok

6. Gary/Mallory (5)- meh this leg

7. Jet/Cord (10)- I think Bill? told them what to do...they ran an ok leg after that (have you heard of the internet?)to come in 3rd. The Bunch spot saved them. I still want them to be
bill?iminated sooner rather than later

8. Margie/Luke (9)-meh. but she at least knows to find someone with internet to find the anchor. The constant whining at each other is tiresome

9. Ron/Christina-(8) Ron will be their downfall...he didn't follow G/M and it almost cost them BILL!?! He deserved a big eyebrow for that one

10. Jaime/Cara - (11) Nutzy what animal have you dressed up in...she's a skank

Bill?iminated? Amanda/Kris (6) I was hoping they'd beat R/C to mat..next time pay more attn to Rainman when you watch it

Posted by kidflash212 on 02-28-11 at 12:01 PM
1)Zev & Justin - Will almost certainly remain first on my list for as long as they last.

2)Kent & Vyxsin - Kent knew the elements off the top of his head - have to give him credit for that. And "I need you to get me some children, Vyxsin" was funny.

3)Jaime & Cara - They haven't done anything much yet for me to like or dislike them.

4)Mel & Mike - I don't dislike them but in a season with many bad casting decisions they are the worst in my opinion. Mel barely made it through one leg - what's the point of him continuing? They can't win.

5)Margie & Luke - Luke is 25 years old, yet he acts like he is 16. Margie is way too overprotective and is stunting his maturity.

6)Lakisha & Jennifer - Is it just me or have they become really boring?

7)Gary & Mallory - Someone slap her, she's hysterical.

8)Ron & Christina - He's a piece of work.

9)Herbert & Nathaniel - Full of themselves and they need to figure out their own clues.

10)Jet & Cord - they should have been eliminated and the second part of the leg should have been non-elimination.

Philiminated: Amanda & Kris - bad luck all around. Another fatal U-turn and the best looking guy on the race is gone.

Capn2patch put me in motion!

Posted by Max Headroom on 02-28-11 at 01:37 PM
the best looking guy on the race is gone

Taking the best looking girl on the race with him.

Posted by PsychoKitty on 03-03-11 at 11:24 PM
Yeah - that's an extra bummer! I sure enjoyed it when Kris took his shirt off at the detour ;)

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Signature by tribephyl

Posted by Seana on 02-28-11 at 02:04 PM
1. Zev and Justin: I liked them a lot in their season. They give me no reason not to like them now.

2. Kynt and Vyxsin: I liked them in their season, but Kynt started to wear on me after a while. We'll see.

3. Gary and Mallory: I started to like them last time, and then they were eliminated.

4. Flight Time and Big Easy: I liked them in their season, but not being able to do these things on their own is really annoying.

5. Kisha and Jen: Default.

6. Mel and Mike: Also by default.

7. Jet and Cord: I can see how they might drop a bit lot by the time they get eliminated because they're not actually any good at this.

8. Jaime and Cara: Cara is the saving grace of this team.

9. Margie and Luke: Didn't like them in their season. Not sure if they've done anything worth liking them for yet.

10. Ron and Christina: Doesn't look like the dynamic is any different now than it was then.

Eliminated: Kris and Amanda - I found them dull in their season. I think they might have been allowed more personality this time around, but we won't see it.

Posted by beau_30 on 02-28-11 at 07:55 PM
1 Zev/Justin - For the win
2 FT/BE - Alright for them
3 Jet/Cord - Good speed on catching up, 8th to the Detour, 7th to Roadblock to 3rd, Good RACING!!!!!!!
4 Mel/Mike - Not bad for Mike
5 Gary/Mallory - Quit Screammin
6 Kent/Vysxin - Stop whining
7 Kisha/Jen - Blah
8 Jamie/Cara - Eye Candy
9 Margie/Luke - Luke annoy mes
10 Ron/Christina - I really like Christina
11 Bye Bye Amanda/Kris - Blah

Posted by KwietOne on 02-28-11 at 11:56 PM
#1 Zev/Justin (1)
#2 Jet/Cord (2)
#3 Herb/Nate (5)
#4 Gary/Mallory (3)
#5 Mel/Mike (6)
#6 Kent/Vyxsin (9)
#7 Lakisha/Jen (11)
#8 Jaime/Cara (8)
#9 Ron/Christina (7)
#10 Margie/Luke (10)

Phlm'd: Amanda/Kris (4)

Posted by sittem on 03-01-11 at 01:49 PM
Hmmm...I think I'll try doing this once...seems like fun as my battery keeps me online for a few more minutes while dealing with our 181st power outage of the school year.

01. Zev/Justin - Love me some Zev
02. Flight Time/Big Easy - glad they could step it up a bit, but would've like to see more of them get down dancing
03. Jet/Cord - really wanted to see them do well but they seem to be racing without a clue of what they're doing - hope they get better or they'll be gone soon
04. Kent/Vyxsin - gotta love a guy who gets an A in Chem
05. LaKisha/Jennifer - not going far I fear
06. Gary/Mallory - she actually seems more shrill this time around
07. Mel/Mike - One wonders if this was a good idea for Mel, but maybe things'll get better
08. Ron/Christina - shut up, Ron!!!
09. Margie/Luke - no love here
10. Jaime/Cara - nor here

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

Posted by milkachulina on 03-01-11 at 01:59 PM
01. Zev/Justin – I didn’t care for them during their first season, but now I love them. Life changes, and so do we.

02. Flight Time/Big Easy – I like this team, but I have a few problems with them. Sorry to be so critical, but Big Easy is too “Louisiana” for me. I would explain, but it would be highly offensive to some. I’m also concerned that they are incapable of accomplishing any task requiring the use of their brains. The fact is that if these two were not over 6 feet tall and exceptional athletes, their lives would be so different (really different for Big Easy). Despite all of this, I have a “thing” for Flight Time. On the other hand, Big Easy could make me consider lifetime abstinence.

03. Mel/Mike – I like them and I'm glad they are doing well. But, could they stop making-out on camera? That’s just too much affection for me. I find it creepy. And, how is it that the Dad is the good looking one?

04. LaKisha/Jennifer – I like these two. I wish them well.

05. Jet/Cord – They’re okay.

06. Kent/Vyxsin – Which one is the man?

07. Ron/Christina – Ron’s a pain, but they are bearable.

08. Jaime/Cara – Skank alert!

09. Margie/Luke – I hate Luke. Jamie and Cara are his girlfriends on the Race? OoooKay then.

10. Gary/Mallory – I wanted them to be eliminated. I can’t stand her incessant whining.

Philiminated: Amanda/Kris – I’m not crazy about them as they were rather boring. But, he made my day when he took his shirt off. What a great going away present that was.

Posted by Toban on 03-01-11 at 03:03 PM
>09. Margie/Luke – I hate Luke.
> Jamie and Cara are
>his girlfriends on the Race?
> OoooKay then.
>
>

Yeah, I had the same reaction.

I think by "girlfriends" he means "girls he can shopping with and maybe style their hair from time to time."

Posted by Starshine on 03-01-11 at 05:35 PM
Last time they were on the race Luke whined that the editors focussed on his lack of hearing instead of his homosexuality.

Luke, try to define yourself as Luke and not as a bunch of labels

Posted by Toban on 03-01-11 at 02:58 PM
1. Mel/Mike: I love watching their dynamic. I'm glad Mel pulled through and they finished in the middle of the pack. I'm a little worried about Mel's health but it would make a great story if they somehow came out on top. (But I doubt that will happen).

2. Kent/Vyxsin: I knew Kent was good for something besides having fierce draq-queen eyebrows. I loved how the camera kep panning in on his plumber's butt peering out of his low-rise jeans-type whatevers he was wearing.

3. Zev/Justin: They move up on my ranking for running a great leg and continuing to have an upbeat attitude.

4. Lakisha/Jen: Jen's whininess started to show in the cab but so far, good racing and no drama.

5. Cara/Jaime: No apparent attitude problems this leg (re Jaime) and they ran a decent leg.

6. Globetrotters: Nothing really stood out for me this leg, either positive or negative.

7. Margie/Luke: They were fine. Whatevs.

8. Jet/Cord: Ugh, I hate moving them up but they did run a great second half of the leg so I'll give them credit.

9. Ron/Christina: As is the case with just about everyone else, I really like Christina but Ron should just STFU. I can't imagine being on the race for him.

10. Gary/Mallory: As is the case with just about everyone else, I really like Gary but Mallory...UGH.

Philiminated:

Kris/Amanda: Dammit, I was really hoping they would beat R/C or G/M to the mat. At least we got to see Kris (drool) shirtless before they were sent home.

Posted by cahaya on 03-01-11 at 04:15 PM
1. Zev & Justin: These guys are just cruising along and seem to enjoy every moment of it.

2. The 'Trotters: It's easy to like these guys. What seems to be missing is the competitiveness you'd expect from basketball players. Oh, wait, they're the 'Trotters, they always win!

3. Mel & Mike: Way to hang in there. Kudos for not quitting out even if hurting.

4. Jet & Cord: Definitely out of their element anytime a task involves water, except when crossing it with horses.

5. Kent & Vyxsin: Liking them better, even when the Goth novelty factor has worn off.

6. Gary & Mallory: Gary's a great dad. His daughter should learn a thing or two through his example.

7. Ron & Christina: On the other hand, Christina's a great daughter and her dad should learn a thing or two through her example!

8. LaKisha & Jennifer: I like these gals, but I question if they'll hold up in the Race for long.

9. Margie & Luke: Mama mia, get outa heia.

10. Jaime & Cara: Good for a 'Cheerleaders of the Week' appearance, but beyond that, they're due for a Race disappearance.

Philiminated. Amanda/Kris: Didn't care for them that much to begin with, but hey, they've got a life ahead of them.

Hey, Nutzy, do you need a statistican this season?

Posted by TARFAN76 on 03-02-11 at 03:26 PM
Cahaya - Your Mama mia, get outa heia was priceless!

Posted by ARnutz on 03-03-11 at 05:47 PM
Thanks for the offer, cahaya! I think kidflash has it covered, but of course, we can keep you on our substitute list, just in case.

Posted by Belle Book on 03-01-11 at 05:47 PM
Here are my rankings:

1. Zev & Justin -- they ran a really smart leg! Great job!
2. Flight Time & Big Easy -- have to give them props for coming in second after being on the second flight.
3. Jet & Cord -- also have to give them props for going from last to near the front of the pack.
4. LaKisha & Jennifer -- did better this round.
5. Gary & Mallory -- had to drop them after what happened this round. They need to improve in terms of navigation.
6. Kent & Vyksin -- I wouldn't have known the symbol for bismuth. But maybe I would've known the one for mercury -- I've played too many Nancy Drew games.
7. Mel & Mike -- I like them but Mel's too weak. They'll be going home soon. Too bad.
8. Ron & Christina -- I like Christina, but Ron? Oh dear.
9. Margie & Luke -- Luke's too whiny. But at least he did well in the tasks.
10. Jaime & Cara -- weren't too bad this round, but if you get them in China? Oh dear.

Gonzo: Amanda & Kris. If only they hadn't panicked they wouldn't have gotten the Automatic U-Turn. Oh well.

Posted by Starshine on 03-01-11 at 05:54 PM
1 Zev & Justin - Running a good race, no friction yet, all we need now are ducks!

2 Gary & Mallory - Not enough superman Gary yet, still working (quite) well together, and Mallory is not irritating me.

3 Kent/Vyxsin - Having fun, we didn't see if Vyxsin had any more fitness issues, however they are racing well.

4 Lakisha & Jen - Well there's a shocker! No drama and racing well, I could get to like them, but as other teams leave and they get more camera time...

5 Mel & Mike - Seem to be racing well (if A&K had their nous they would still be in the race) but I hope they leave soon.

6 Ron & Christina - She is still soooooooo cute, and he is still irritating, let's see how this goes.

7 Jet & Cord - Bad at tasks requiring brains, but excel at the rest of the race, still cannot tell them apart, but the dark haired one irritates me.

8 Flight Time & Big Easy - Get a clue guys! Having fun and racing well because everyone else is helping them, it's as if the Globetrotters didn't really have to compete when they play

9 Margie & Luke - Whine and whinge, Margie seems a lot more abrasive this season and Lukes whining is very irksome.

10 Jaime & Cara - One of them is OK, the other one drops them to the bottom of the pile

Lovely cheese Mooney

Just another Sleeperbloke

Posted by TARFAN76 on 03-02-11 at 03:36 PM
1. Mel/Mike - I still love these guys but I don't see how Mel can last much longer in the race at this rate. And I fully empathize with Mike for having to watch his dad suffer but yet insist on continuing. And was it Mel who was nice enough to pick up "the foot thing" and save Margie the trouble of backtracking all the way? Very cool.
2. Cowboys - Still the comeback kids! And still seem to smile through it all. I just really like them.
3. Zev/Justin - Great team. Might be moving to #1 before long.
4. Kent/Vyxsin - They always amuse and entertain me.
5. Trotters - Still trotting!
6. Gary/Mallory - Still love Gary; still tolerate Mallory - barely. Although I will say everybody should have listened to her more than they wanted to. And I hope Gary kicks Ron's but for speaking so rudely about his daughter.
7. Margie/Luke - I appreciated the concern that Margie showed for Mel. Luke is not tolerable in my book. Whine-pot deluxe.
8. Ron/Christina - As always Christina is great and her dad was meaner than ever. Now he's not content to just bash his own daughter but he has to bash Gary's, too.
9. Jen/Lakisha - They probably deserve to be higher and certainly higher than Ron.
10. Jaime/Cara - I'm anticipating the "race changing setback" Phil has dangled for next week.

What class Kris and Amanda displayed on the Elimination Mat. I wish they could have stayed in a lot longer.

Posted by CTgirl on 03-02-11 at 06:46 PM
1. Zev/Justin - I like their friendship and Zev's sense of humor makes me laugh.

2. Globetrotters - They aren't good racers but they have fun and I like watching them. I still have some residual good will from their being concerned about the heart attack victim on the plane.

3. Jen/Kisha - I am pretending that I don't remember how much I disliked them last time. They are racing well and so far we haven't seen the ugliness we saw last time.

4. Mallory and Gary - Normally they are higher on my list because I love Mallory's joie de vivre but she totally panicked instead of asking for directions. She redeemed herself though by buying a map and using it later on in the race.

5. Mike/Mel - I absolutely loved them and their attitude last time around but I'm afraid neither of them is really up to the race this time.

6. Jaime/Cara - Haven't done anything to annoy me yet except pick matching horrendous shades of red hair dye.

7. Kent/Vixyn - I've seen way too much of Kent's shrill side and not enough of Vix's personality,

8. Jet/Cord - I don't understand why the puzzle was so difficult for Jet. They got really lucky with that bunching point. They should have been eliminated instead of Kris/Amanda.

9. Margie/Luke - They didn't bother me in their first season but this time I don't think they've smiled once. Luke loves the show - let's see some of the joy for being on the race again!

10. Christina/Ron - I have nothing against Christina but Ron's domineering and nagging is already getting old.

Philiminated - I really liked Kris and Amanda during their first season (and the associated eye candy ). They made a small goof in the beginning and were penalized big time for it. Too bad.

Posted by featherfish81 on 03-03-11 at 02:24 AM
1. Zev/Justin (3)- Did well this leg, with little drama.
2. Jet/Cord (2) - Way to come from behind
3. Mel/Mike (1) - Doing well after overdoing it the first leg. I'm not sure they'll make it through a really physical task, though.
4. Kent/Vyxsin (6) - Kent seems to be stepping it up a little from last race, even though he was wrong.
5. Gary/Mallory (5) - They're doing well with little drama, but man she can get shrill.
6. Margie/Luke (8) - Not as irritating this time around, at least so far.
7. LaKisha/Jennifer (9) - Doing better this time around, though way to not know there were two locker rooms. I mean, why would there be two locker rooms?
8. Jaime/Cara (10) - Don't hate them, but don't love them either.
9. Flight Time/Big Easy (11) - Having fun, but really riding the other teams' coattails.
10. Ron/Christina (7) - He hasn't really learned his lesson, has he?

Philiminated - Amanda/Kris (4) - I was starting to like them. They got along well, even with the stress of being last. And there are a lot of teams I would have rather seen leave.

Posted by altpeach on 03-03-11 at 11:20 AM
1. F. Time/B. Easy- Love that they are having fun. They make me smile.
2. Gary/Mallory- Love that they are having fun. She's too loud sometimes, but I would rather go thru that than whining(see below).
3. Zev/Justin- Really like them. Please don't lose the passports.
4. Kent/Vyksin- Give him some children Vyksin!!
5. LaKisha/Jen- Sweet of her to ask Mel if he was feeling better.
6. Mel/Mike- Cute that he kinda flirted with Kisha when she asked him how he felt.
7. Jet/Cord- Um, I don't know how I feel about them anymore. I really liked them the 1st time around, but this time not nearly as much.

BIG DROP
8. Ron/Christina- He ruins this team for me.
9. Jaime/Cara- She ruins this team for me. You know the one. This is their 2nd season and I still don't know which is "witch".
10. Luke/Margie- Both of them ruin this team for me. Ugh!!!

Posted by louislam on 03-06-11 at 03:06 PM
1. Zev/Justin (7) - Run a good leg
2. Kent/Vyxsin (8) - For Kent knowing the chemical elements quickly!
3. Ron/Christina (3) - Still like to see their dynamics
4. LaKisha/Jennifer (4) - Looks more competent than last time
5. Margie/Luke (9) - Luke should know Race rules, if Margie checked in without that clothing you would probably be eliminated by Amanda/Kris
6. Gary/Mallory (1) - Mallory needs to tune down her voice a little bit
7. Mel/Mike (5) - Sad to see Mel suffering that early, but it means they should not come back
8. Jaime/Cara (10) - By default
9. Jet/Cord (6) - Disappointed, they were much worse this time, last on first leg because of the riddle and could not find the anchor till after midnight? They should be eliminated
10. Flight Time/Big Easy (11) - Don't like their attitude of following people all the time, hope some mental challenge coming soon

Philiminated - Amanda/Kris (2) - Too bad there's no RB this leg for them to recover, but if I have to choose between R/C and you I would want R/C to stay longer. To be honest I think the last team on the 1st leg deserved an automatic U-turn than the last to find Qantas...

The Amazing Race Fan from Hong Kong!

"Week Two Results!"
Posted by kidflash212 on 03-06-11 at 08:39 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-06-11 AT 08:41 PM (EST)

As we head into the second week, a clear favorite has emerged - Zev & Justin dominate the Lvoe list this week, taking 15 out of 19 first place votes. Mel & Mike get three first place votes and grab second place. And getting a single first place vote and taking third place are Nathaniel & Herbert, otherwise known as Flight Time & Big Easy.

Falling to the bottom of the list this week are Ron & Christina, although judging from the comments, Ron is more to blame than Christina. Jaime & Cara take second to last.

­]
Rank
Team
First Place Votes
Last Place Votes
AverageRank
Direction
Zev & Justin
Mel & Mike
Nathaniel & Herbert
Kent & Vyxsin
Jet & Cord