URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID33
Thread Number: 403
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"adjusting the time?"

Posted by MPVLOST on 11-20-08 at 11:22 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-20-08 AT 11:27 PM (EST)

Is there a way to change the time on the board?

Right now when I post, the time shown is always an hour later than it is here.

Like if I posted at 10pm, it would show up at being posted at 11pm.

Is there some way to change that?

I live in Central time, btw.

---
Edit - Just did a search and found a few other topics with people asking the same thing and found my answer.

guess the answer is no.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: adjusting the time?"
Posted by jbug on 11-21-08 at 01:21 PM
You funny MVP.
So I guess you figured out the the board is in Eastern time.

At least it is correct now for ET. Before the recent server issues, we might sometimes be any different number of minutes off. I think most of us just got used to it.

Posted by mysticwolf on 11-22-08 at 00:17 AM
Nope. As a matter of fact, you've stumbled on an on-going "joke" here. (Which, as a "long-time" lurker shouldn't be new. *finger wag*)

Time should be adjusted for Eastern time, which is where webby is, but the servers are located in Texas, which is in Central time, and it sometimes takes on its own time zone, which is none that you will find on any map.

You'll just have to watch your own clock as the rest of us do.

Posted by cahaya on 11-22-08 at 00:24 AM
LAST EDITED ON 11-22-08 AT 00:27 AM (EST)

Yup, yup.

Which is why most forums have an EC (East Coast) spoiler thread which West Coasters avoid until the show airs there. It's all EST here and we all dance the time zones.

(eta - that is, 'edited to add' - I lived in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia for quite some time before returning here to the U.S., and imagine what it's like to follow these boards 12 or 13 hours off the time zone. Rod Serling, revisited.

"Nyah"
Posted by foonermints on 11-23-08 at 05:53 PM
You just went through the Bermuda Triangle once too often.