URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID1
Thread Number: 4020
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"S20 Gufu Award, Part One"

Posted by dabo on 02-12-10 at 01:02 AM

And they're off!

I won't be able to watch this season in real time so I thought I'd try something different this time, ongoing threads. When one gets very long we can start another! That does mean there has to be one hard and fast rule this season, namely...

No posting of Gufus for any episode prior to midnight (Eastern) of the day the episode airs.

Please don't get any of these threads locked before their time, thank you.

So okay! The Gufu Award was established for pointing out the dangdumbest game moves in Survivor. The original intent was simply to pay attention to what the contestants do and say that's dangdumb gameness, but from the outset of The Gufu Award noncontestant stuff had a way of creeping in, so there are actually two categories you may cast your votes on, Contestant and Production.

There won't be designated numbers of votes this season, so don't hold back. However ... you're assignment, should you wish to accept it ... try to single out and designate a Greatest Gufu each and every episode! And if you want to get inventive, great, go ahead, gufu could use some new ideas anyway.

Let's have fun, shall we!

At this point, having not had a chance yet to watch the premiere, I'll just point out the irony that they finally got around to doing a two-hour premiere for a season where we already know all these dumbdumbs!

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: S20 Gufu Award, Part One"
Posted by MattyMax on 02-12-10 at 03:09 AM
Sugar Crying. 3 Other people messed up the puzzle, but her outburst put a huge target on her.

Posted by Snidget on 02-12-10 at 07:46 AM
1. Sugar trying to force a snuggle on someone that was clearly indicating she needed to back off. I think the crying was less damaging than the keeping people up until you got a showmance going. I think if she was just weak, rather than weak AND annoying she might have stuck around long enough to have someone take her under their wing.

2. RussHell's best that's ever been routine. I know most of that is in confessionals, but we saw last time that didn't just stay in the confessional and does eventually bleed over to his relationships. There are some pretty big egos this season. Now they may respect game play more than some other people, but the voting for you at the end means I am also being forced to agree that I am not worthy to be slime on your shoe much less play the game against you? That may set a few people off. Especially if some former winners are on the jury and any "you didn't deserve to win, just me, I should win every season, you should hand all your winnings and titles to me" thing shows up.

3. Coach letting Rob play him with the tree thing. I think it just sets up a dynamic between the two of them that Coach may not be able to easily work around and Rob is likely to take full advantage of.

Posted by Dakota on 02-12-10 at 11:04 AM
1. Villains not getting to work immediately on shelter and water.
2. Randy mouthing off about Rob trying to start fire. Something about it can't be done, shortly before the smoke and flames showed up.
3. Sugar showing her emotionally dysfunctional side with Colby. Maybe she was too young to watch Survivor Outback.
4. Heroes blowing the IC lead with too many puzzlers
5. Courtney yelling "break her shoulder" during the challenge and Courtney's teammate actually doing so. Almost.
6. Heroes not listening to Tom. While I think Sugar was a good First Boot, Cirie does little or nothing at camp, is an UTR manipulator and is of little help in most challenges.

Production:
Kudos to MB for not putting them in suits, dresses and high heels
1. Not throwing someone out of the challenge, out of the game or something for the "break her shoulder" incident. I seem to remember someone being thrown out of a challenge for deliberately tripping Russell.
2. Not putting a roof on TC. At first I thought they were sweating and if the fire goes out due to rain, does the show end?

Agman is the best-2010

Posted by nailbone on 02-12-10 at 12:52 PM
6. Heroes not listening to Tom. While I think Sugar was a good First Boot, Cirie does little or nothing at camp, is an UTR manipulator and is of little help in most challenges.

Agreed. Sugar was OK, but Cirie would have accomplished both objectives - get out a weak link, and get out a strong competitor.

1. Not throwing someone out of the challenge, out of the game or something for the "break her shoulder" incident. I seem to remember someone being thrown out of a challenge for deliberately tripping Russell.

All JP did this time was shout "Play fair! Play fair!"

Posted by Estee on 02-12-10 at 02:08 PM
Peter: But I just want to point out, seeing as you're new to this game and all, that Evil just cheated.

Ray: Full tilt, flat out, no doubt about it!

Egon: Doesn't that call for a forfeiture of the game?

Umpire: You mean declare Evil the losers for cheating?

Peter: That about sums it up, yeah.

Umpire: But Evil cheats. That's its nature. It does whatever unscrupulous or immoral thing it has to in order to win. That's why we call them Evil. Only Good is not allowed to cheat. If Good adopts the ways of Evil, then it becomes Evil. So if Good cheats, Evil automatically wins. Got it? PLAY BALL!

Ray: I wonder if Good is allowed to steal bases.

Peter: Maybe Good just borrows 'em, Ray.

Posted by iltarion on 02-13-10 at 07:38 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-13-10 AT 09:16 PM (EST)

Peter: Ray has gone bye-bye, Egon. What do you got?

Egon: I'm terrified beyond rational thought.

Gufus:

1: Sugarloafer- Haha... Come on! Not the infamous drive everyone crazy in the shelter on the 2nd night. Don't these people WATCH Survivor? Then the cry-fest after the challenge failure shouts loud and clear - "I'm the weakest!"

2. Colby- Double Gufu. Who is Cirie? She was on 2 seasons of Survivor, doorknob. Don't you WATCH Survivor? Hahaha... You got a Survivor celebrity who doesn't even watch the show. Wonderful. What's next? A book where he says he HATES Survivor?
2nd Gufu- Even if Colby were homesexual, which I'm not saying he is, gay guys have been known to cuddle with women just fine. So, an at least somewhat attractive woman wants to cuddle, so what's the problem again? Maybe if you just let her snuggle up next to you she'll stop talking and go to sleep!

3. Production: Isn't Russell supposed to be an unknown? Then how can Danielle and Parvati be talking about him like they know his game? Don't get it.

4. Bonus player gufu- Randall- Yeah, I'm pretty sure you'll have fire by day 39 as well. I'm also pretty sure that you won't be around on Day 20 for that to make any difference one way or the other. And I'm also pretty sure that you'd all be dead by Day 4 if you had no water.

>

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 02-13-10 at 09:36 PM

>3. Production: Isn't Russell supposed to
>be an unknown? Then how
>can Danielle and Parvati be
>talking about him like they
>know his game? Don't get it.

Don't know about Danielle, but one of Parvati's best friends happens to be the casting director for Survivor. She probably filled in Parv all about Russell. Then I'd bet that Parv found Danielle to be an alliance mate so she told her.

Posted by PsychoKitty on 02-15-10 at 10:23 PM
I'm in total agreement - especially about Colby - I was shocked when he said he didn't know who Cirie was. Isn't a chance at a million dollars worth watching the past seasons? Doesn't Colby have Netflix? ;)

As for the girls knowing about RussHell - maybe they did have some insider info - I've no idea. But I assumed they must think he's really good/treacherous or he wouldn't have been the one picked for the show out of the last season.

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Signature by tribephyl

Posted by Belle Book on 02-12-10 at 05:02 PM
Greatest Gufu: The Heroes blowing the lead on the puzzle!

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 02-13-10 at 11:05 AM
Ah, where to begin, where to begin...

1. Sandra removed Sugar's top in the challenge. Nudity is nothing new, madame, and she crossed the goal with her boobages flailing out.

2. First challenges: Villains turned into the Broad Street Bullies, seemingly adopting the "if you can't beat 'em, beat 'em" philosophy Courtney, a.k.a. Satan's Top Minion, espoused. The biggest problem with that strategy? It didn't work. A broken toe will heal. As will a dislocated shoulder. Back-to-back losses to the Villains will last for the entire game.

3. Hero hubris: "We're the Heroes, the good guys, we have Rupert and Tom and James and Stephenie and we can't lose." Guess what? Evil won. It happens. The Flyers were successful in the 1970s. The Raiders were, too. The fascists won Spain. Good doesn't mean you win. Being able to solve puzzles does.

4. Rupert, Rupert, Rupert: I'll give him a pass and say he's horribly out of practice and old, but failing to make fire? And standing with his claws in his cloaca during the puzzle instead of possibly helping the three ladies solve it? Pfffft.

5. Sugar: There's no crying in Survivor. Also, there's no throwing yourself at a possibly homosexual guy in Survivor. Even if he's straight and finds you insanely attractive, don't get desperate. Oh yeah, and gabbing at three in the damn morning is not sound Survivor strategy.

Production: "Heroes vs. Villains" fails to acknowledge my favorite type of player, the anti-hero.

Posted by Snidget on 02-13-10 at 11:16 AM
Conga-rats on crossing the 3000 line!

Posted by SpotTheDifference on 02-13-10 at 02:25 PM
Parvati for her confessional about Russell, which almost certainly implies that she has previous knowledge of his actions in Samoa.

Russell for his severely arrogant confessionals about "still" being the king of the hill. Anyone who pretty much has to beg for the title of Sole Survivor is not in any way fit to be called king.

Courtney for yelling out "Break her shoulder" during the RC. Classy.

Sugar for being Sugar: annoying and overemotional.

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 02-14-10 at 05:46 PM
Russell for his severely arrogant confessionals about "still" being the king of the hill. Anyone who pretty much has to beg for the title of Sole Survivor is not in any way fit to be called king.

To be fair, he begged Natalie for the title after this season was filmed, and he probably thought he won - and why shouldn't he? He dominated the game, and most of the big moves were his.

Russell has a Texas-sized ego, and he has to win. I'm reminded of a quote from Cool Runnings, in which John Candy's character says, "I made winning my whole life...and when you make winning your whole life...you have to keep on winning." Russell has probably done the same thing. He does whatever he has to in order to win, and nowhere is that more evident than in Survivor.

Posted by mia rules18 on 02-13-10 at 11:51 PM
Burnett/Casting Crew for casting Danielle and Candice...the rest of the heroes and villans are memorable, couldn't we do ANY better than these two???

Posted by Max Headroom on 02-15-10 at 08:30 AM
I agree.

Posted by samboohoo on 02-15-10 at 09:00 AM
Absolutely agree, although I'm still not sure how Amanda is a hero.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Posted by PsychoKitty on 02-15-10 at 10:25 PM
I agree too - I was shocked. These two women are unmemorable (sp?) And didn't Candice flip on her tribe along with Jonathan? There were a lot more deserving people for a few of these slots.

Signature by tribephyl

Posted by iltarion on 02-16-10 at 00:07 AM
Amanda is MY hero.

Corinne was invited and wouldn't take off work, again, to come. Candice was originally asked to Micronesia, but couldn't make it.

The ideal women would have been Corinne as a villian and Laura as a hero instead of Danielle and Candice.

>

"Week 2"
Posted by dabo on 02-20-10 at 00:20 AM
Production Gufu: Mighty suspicious, I say. Lousy shelter at Camp V, Rob collapses, let's wait and combine the RC and IC and make the reward shelter supplies. Nearly as suspicious were those nonflying chickens wandering into Camp H last week.

Contestant Gufu: James James James. So, okay, you figured out the game is in the hands of the talkers, good for you. Now learn to talk. Actually, the backstabbing about Stephanie being the last Ulong, it was an ultimately meaningless point but it was amusing watching him beat that dead horse around camp. That performance at Tribal, though, way out of control, ugly and unfocussed.

Contestant Gufu: Cirie. Every once in awhile a great player makes a really awful move. Stabbing Amanda in the front like that at Tribal, well maybe it won't backfire like it should just because it is Amanda, we'll see. Really though, right out in front of everybody and Amanda announcing you want to get revenge on Amanda, part of your own alliance, but then voting out someone else!!! That's the sort of thing you do to someone who is getting their torch snuffed, not someone who is going to still be around tomorrow.

"RE: Week 2"
Posted by CTgirl on 02-20-10 at 11:17 AM
Production: I noticed some suspicious chickens in the Villains camp too this week. The ones that spear-hunter Russell chased and caught.

Snowfall by Tribe

Posted by Belle Book on 02-20-10 at 12:32 PM
I agree with the Contestant Gufu which went to James. I can understand his being upset over the loss, but his actions didn't help his tribe and will only hurt it in the end.

I'd give a Gufu of my own to the Heroes tribe during the Immunity Challenge. They should've all worked together. If they had, they'd have won.

On the surface, I could also agree with giving a Gufu to Cirie. However, I'm not so sure that Amanda & Cirie weren't simply putting on an act to make the others think they weren't aligned -- or at least that Cirie wasn't doing so. If that's the case, then it's less of a Gufu than you think. Of course, it most likely won't work but it's still a good try.

Posted by nailbone on 02-22-10 at 02:24 PM
However, I'm not so sure that Amanda & Cirie weren't simply putting on an act to make the others think they weren't aligned -- or at least that Cirie wasn't doing so.

That was my take on it. Just tossing up a little smokescreen.

Posted by dabo on 02-24-10 at 00:50 AM
I thought about that, it's possible. But something like that is dangerous, everyone on the inside has to play their part and even then it could easily fall apart at or just after the next time they go to Tribal. We'll see, should be interesting.

Posted by Dakota on 02-20-10 at 12:57 PM
1. James. Day-long rambles about a tribemate's actions several years ago?
2. Heroes for eliminating a strong player. Last season is the only time, other than Men v. Women, when voting out the physically strong early worked in favor of those voting them out.
3. Villains for not having an adequate shelter yet.

Production:
1. Ditto on the chickens.
2. Too much Russhell too early. Just coming off a season of Russhell, we will tire of him soon.

Agman is the best-2010

Posted by iltarion on 02-20-10 at 04:12 PM

Player Gufu: The obvious. Jimbo. He had a point with people refusing to listen to JT, but losing 2 challenges is hardly worth a meltdown, and imploding to that extent only furthered your reputation as a terrible social player, even for a normally pretty liked guy.

Production G: Rob is probably the player we most want to see, but the prolonged focus on Rob's inconsequential faint made every other villian except Russell a complete nonparticipant in the episode. The Heroes had to lose the IC because the editing left no room for anything else.

Notes on already distributed Gufus-
Russell is being shown a lot now because I don't think he lasts long.
The Heroes aren't losing due to a lack of strength. Personally I am surprised they keep voting out women. James and Rupert are all but useless for anything but strength. Get rid of them.

>

"Week 3"
Posted by dabo on 02-26-10 at 01:29 PM
Production Gufu: Again with the nonflying chickens! Pigs and goats on standby for when the chickens are gone?

Contestant Gufu: JT. Okay, you're a liar, that happens in this game quite a bit. But these are savvy players who have done this once or twice, your lies need to have credence in order to not come back on you. Now, the damage control lie to Tom, Tom's wary but he cannot absolutely disprove it. The gossip about Candice, though, was something Candice could directly attack. Bad move.

Contestant Gufu: Villains Tribe. Voting out Parvati should have been a no-brainer! She's weak in challenges, contributes nothing in camp, has ready-made allies in the other tribe, what were you thinking?!?

"RE: Week 3"
Posted by nailbone on 02-26-10 at 04:07 PM
Contestant Gufu: Villians...EVERYONE talked continuously about getting rid of Parvati, for very valid reasons. Yet, not a single vote was cast against her. Not even Randy's throw-away vote.

Contestant Gufu: James...You're a bully. Plain and simple. Keep it up and it will cost you, sooner than later.

Production Gufu: Wow, what a lame reward. Coffee. big f'n deal. And sure the luxury items were cool, but completely ignored for the rest of the episode.

Posted by iltarion on 02-27-10 at 02:33 PM

Player Gufu: Randy, dude, just throw your pillow at James' mug and jump in the mud. Save yourself the indignity and possible pain of being promptly put there. You were obviously set up as a fall guy, with no one being any competition to the mountainous Jimbo, and since your entire tribe had just gotten their A$$es kicked, they could hardly be mad at you for choosing wisdom over courage.

Tribe Gufu: Villians, Coach and Jerri had it right. Randy was no threat to anyone. You are never going to be stronger than the Heroes, physically, no matter who you boot. On top of that, Randy is an inept social player. Parvati or Russell should have been the boot.

Production Gufu: Holy, unfair challenge, Batman. You might just as well had that challenge in the Amazon; the result wouldn't have been more preordained.

>

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 02-27-10 at 05:54 PM
Contestant Gufu: Russell seems a bit too attached to Parvati...but then again, so does everyone else. He's doing the same thing he did in Samoa. Too bad he thinks he won that season.

More Contestants: J.T. seems to be dipping his hand too far into the Villain playbook. Stick with what you know, dude.

Production Gufu: The challenge was more fixed than the football game in The Longest Yard. I was waiting for Boston Rob to toss his mat at Jiffy's jewels and demand, "How 'bout from now on you call a fair challenge?" Rupert let go of the mat repeatedly, but it was overlooked - and Coach's victory was called back for some stupid reason. Not saying it would have made a difference - maybe some more taunting and abuse on part of the Heroes might have made the Villains a bit more likely to rise above the Heroes - but come on; at least call a fair challenge and not try to get these sniveling blue-buff bastards back into the game that they themselves got out of on their own accord.

"Week 4"
Posted by samboohoo on 03-05-10 at 10:04 AM
Production: I know you want the idols found and played, but you could have made them work just a little for them. Why not just drop it right into the middle of camp.

Contestants:

1. Any hero who did not vote Cirie.

2. Russell for so being so blatent about looking for the idol.

3. Coach. Waaahhh. You big baby. STFU.

4. Heroes' strategy in the reward challenge. You're playing to four. If you're going to waste a round, play Cirie first. Then they played both Amanda and Candice. I guess that oil on the girls was distracting.

"RE: Week 4"
Posted by jbug on 03-05-10 at 10:18 AM
They could have just put the HII in with the tools or in the jar of coffee beans instead of a clue

Posted by maroonclowns mom on 03-05-10 at 11:02 AM

Get rid of the girls, get rid of the girls.

Posted by Dakota on 03-05-10 at 11:30 AM
Contestants:

1. Coach for sniffling that no one likes him, followed by one of his most arrogant monologues. Can't you just hear Coldplay singing "I sweep the streets I used to own" in the background here?
2. Russhell for being so obvious
3. Amanda for being so easily swayed by pretty much anyone
4. Rupert for not being much of a strategist
5. Villains for still needing a shelter. They could be called the FEMA tribe.
6. Heroes for not all being on the same page about voting. You have to win challenges. Have you watched this show before?
7. JT for voting out Stephanie and now lecturing the tribe on strength and challenges.

Production:
1. HII - This helped Tom and Colby, so I can't complain too much, but it's time for a new idea, I think.
2. Blue and Red Tribes - Used profusely in US politics. Scratch it on Survivor

Agman is the best-2010

Posted by iltarion on 03-05-10 at 12:58 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-05-10 AT 01:03 PM (EST)

Red and Blue are the best colors.
Stephanie was a challenge disaster.

1. Player gufu- James. You want to win so let's vote out Tom. Go figure. Also, good job with referring to yourself in the 3rd person.
2. Player gufu- The Human Gufu- Coachufu. I think we have discovered a new species here- homo erectus gufus. Little old Sandra made him cry and consider quitting, but then he still proclaimed himself the man. Like Rob said, that doesn't sound like much of a Coach to me.
3. Cirie- The swing vote queen allowed JT to swing and knock her right out of the game. Should have sensed her danger or just had 4 vote for Colby in the first place. Also good job calling Amanda "not the sharpest tool in the shed" before getting immediately blindsided.
4. Production gufu- Yes, the whole HII thing was out of control. Maybe we should drop the H from HII since they are hardly hidden anymore. Maybe they should just hang them in plain sight and have a blur cover them.

>

Posted by PsychoKitty on 03-13-10 at 09:30 PM
Too funny! I'm going to have to rewatch this ep and see the timing with Cirie's quote and I love the idea of 'blurring the idol!' Would the blur still be on Amanda?

Signature by tribephyl

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 03-05-10 at 01:50 PM
Coach - shut up. You should have known by now that Tyson would run straight to the others in the tribe to blab about your meltdown. Way to let your guard down and give the others something to use against you.

If you get this easily upset over a little jab from Sandra, buckle up as you haven't seen anything yet - nobody jabs quite like Sandra does and you know she won't back down.

Posted by Tublecane on 03-05-10 at 06:59 PM
"Russell for so being so blatent about looking for the idol."

I'm not sure how he can be subtle about it when Rob is watching his every move and dispatching spies to trail him. He could go at night (and I think I heard he did), but that isn't as easy. What with the darkness and all.

People overemphasize the importance of keeping idols secret. They can be used when everyone knows you have them, too. Just ask Tom.

I nominate Sandra and Boston Rob as dummies for not getting the idol themselves (as even James figured out), rather than bullying other people into not looking. Because you know what? If you have the idol, other people don't.

Posted by Sagebrush Dan on 03-05-10 at 07:17 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Russell doesn't already have it, but just keeps looking so that people won't think that he does.
If he does stop looking once he finds it, then he can be a nominee for the gufu award.

Posted by Tublecane on 03-05-10 at 08:07 PM
"If he does stop looking once he finds it, then he can be a nominee for the gufu award."

Except that's what he did last season, and it didn't hurt him in the least.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 03-06-10 at 06:11 AM
Big difference between a bunch of novices who didn't even realize what Russell was doing even while they stood around as he rooted in the tree to find the first HII and a bunch of savvy game-players who were immediately onto Russell searching for the HII. They'll find a way to pry the HII loose.

Posted by Tublecane on 03-06-10 at 12:13 PM
"They'll find a way to pry the HII loose"

I'm not a betting man, but dollars to doughnuts says they target Russell, Russell or someone close to him somehow uses the idol, and Boston Rob's faction is injured. I have a sense it'll happen this way.

In any case, I think seeking a way to neutralize the idol--the essence of Rob and Sandra's strategy--is wrongheaded. The idol can be a blessing or a curse, it is true, depending on how you use it (or fail to use it, James). I think you must trust in yourself, as you do in other aspects of the game, and go get the dang thing! Do not trust, conversely, on the other person to screw up.

Sandra's threat of putting a "mark" on the idol holder sounds threatening, but it's just as easy to use the idol with a mark as in secret. Go ahead, I'd say, flush it out. Make me play it. And, oh yeah, say goodbye to one of your players if one little thing goes wrong in splitting the vote.

Posted by Belle Book on 03-05-10 at 07:46 PM
I've got to give a Gufu to Cirie for yelling so loudly when it was decided to get rid of Candice. Sure, she probably realized that if Candice was the target, then she was probably next, but why yell and allow J.T. to hear you?

Posted by dabo on 03-06-10 at 04:01 PM
Everyone beat me to all the best ones this week! They may as well give them maps where X marks the spots to find the HIIs, or just go ahead and give everybody one at the beginning of the game.

Coach crying was just too durn funny, made all the more absurd by what made him go boohoohoo. Seriously, he can't take even a little criticism? "Oh, sob, I'm working as hard as anybody, sob," means nothing when virtually nothing is getting done, camp still hasn't come together, you still don't have a decent shelter.

While I'm at it...

Contestant Gufu: Tyson! For coaching Coach. Yeah, he was kind of on the spot having to deal with crybaby Ben, but he actually gave him a lot of good advice! You should not clue in another player about how to play the game.

Fortunately for Tyson ol' Sir Benalot was back to his typical delusional idiocy in almost no time.

"Week 5"
Posted by samboohoo on 03-12-10 at 11:23 AM
Sorry, Dabo, I hope this is okay.

Contestants:

1. Amanda and Rupert for their loyalty to James. JT and Candice will get gufus for last night as well below, but Amanda and Rupert get the biggest ones here. Amanda and her crying, whining, running to James on the beach like a scene out of a soap opera. This one is based on the overall loyalty to this alliance.

2. Amanda, Rupert, JT, James, Candice: For voting out Tom over James. You don't know what tomorrow is going to bring with James' knee. You can't win puzzles. You need to at least give yourself a chance with more physical challenges. Idiots.

3. Coach. WTF are you bowing down to anyone?

4. All of the heroes who did not look for the idol. It's a tool. It's part of the game. Play the game.

Production:

1. The casting of Amanda. She has no business being there.

2. Rules during the Reward Challenge. I don't really have a problem with the actual challenge. One can get hurt in any challenge, and James would have just as easily hurt his leg running, jumping, etc. But there was no reason as to why Colby could not have gone in to replace him.

3. Sit-Out Rules. I appreciate the no sitting out back-to-back challenges, but I think it should either (1) be a carry-over day-to-day, week-to-week or make a team not be able to sit someone out until everyone has sat out. I'm sick of seeing Courtney sitting out challenges. Part of the game is "Outplay," which means to do better than someone, not be "out of play."

"RE: Week 5"
Posted by dabo on 03-12-10 at 12:28 PM
Of course it is okay! I haven't had a chance to watch the entire episode yet, no reason anyone should have to wait for me.

SMILES ARE FREE

Posted by Molaholic on 03-12-10 at 03:56 PM
Production:

1. Yet another kill-or-be-killed physical challenge. When you've got a co-ed rugby/basketball game going on, you've got to expect this kind of thing to happen.

Contestant:
1. Rupert. For shame. You know better.

Posted by nailbone on 03-12-10 at 04:21 PM
4. All of the heroes who did not look for the idol. What a buncha tools. It's part of the game. Play the game.

Fixed it for you....

Posted by iltarion on 03-12-10 at 06:11 PM

1. Heroes- for being undeserving of the name in nearly every regard, with Amanda being the only one even close.

2. Heroes- for continuing to lose challenges and still not thinking to pick a leader at least for the challenges. The Villians have one, and they are killing you- coincidence?

3. JT- for having guts last episode and then none this. I don't blame Amanda and Rupert for sticking with James. They are players who stick by their word. instead, I blame JT for going to Amanda in the beginning and swearing to her all over again. Once he did, he could hardly betray her again, even when voting out James would have made sense.

4. Russell- for the personal vendetta against Rob. If not for Rob leading you at challenges, you would be long gone.

5. Production- for no consistency in the edit, and for ignoring Courtney, Danielle and Tyson wholesale.

>

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 03-13-10 at 08:02 PM

>Amanda and her
>crying, whining, running to James
>on the beach like a
>scene out of a soap
>opera. This one is
>based on the overall loyalty
>to this alliance.

I'll amend this to give a huge gufu to Amanda for her dry-humping of James in front of everyone on the beach. Way to reveal your alliance in even greater detail. She still hasn't learned a thing from her two previous appearances on Survivor in that you can't allow yourself to get too emotionally attached to anyone lest the others find a way to exploit this for their benefit in a vote.

Posted by PsychoKitty on 03-13-10 at 09:46 PM
I am in COMPLETE AGREEMENT SamBooHoo! And couldn't have said it any better.

I will also add my beloved Rupee - this time around he is really blowing it!!! He's a great guy but this time he is really working that ethical angle and it's not going to work out for him! He's not thinking at all: Why are they voting out a great player for a crippled one with a bad attitude!?

And James - another beloved player from the past - this entire game his attitude has just been terrible. And he now is injured and hurting his team's chances of getting ahead. He is very bullheaded. And I loved someone else bringing up how well he handled his TWO IDOLS a couple of seasons ago. Why is ANYONE letting James call the shots?!

Signature by tribephyl

Posted by Brownroach on 03-16-10 at 03:15 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-16-10 AT 03:15 PM (EST)

2. Rules during the Reward Challenge...there was no reason as to why Colby could not have gone in to replace (James).

Agree -- I thought for sure they would send Colby in when James got injured.

Also agree about the sit-out rules. You could sit the weakest person out of the immunity challenge indefinitely the way the rules work. Everyone should be required to contribute more or less equally in the challenges. I think a rotation with each person sitting out once before anyone can repeat is fairer.

A tribe glows in Brooklyn

Posted by aliciabbrown on 03-12-10 at 07:15 PM
The entire "Heroes" tribe, for not working together as a team, at least in challenges. You are putting the cart before the horse, worrying about who is on which side of the numbers this early in the game. While there is division among the Villians, they at least are able to put all that aside long enough to repeatedly kick your arses in the challenges!

Production: Earth to EPMB - when you have this many injuries this early in the game, maybe your little challenges are just a tad too violent.

Posted by dabo on 03-13-10 at 00:23 AM
Gotta ditto those!

Greatest Production Gufu: Letting James continue in the game. The man can only hobble along with his leg splinted up, knee isn't working. Now, it would be one thing if Medical figured out what was wrong and it was decided he could continue, even a misdiagnosis with a decision to allow him to continue I could understand: BUT THEY COULDN'T FIGURE OUT WHAT WAS WRONG WITH JAMES' KNEE SO IT WAS DECIDED TO LET HIM CONTINUE IN THE GAME!!???? That is totally wrong, either figure it out or send him to a hospital, keeping him in the game was the very definition of dangdumbedness!!!

Contestants Gufu: Heroes Tribe: Voting out James should have been a nobrainer.

Contestants Gufu: Heroes Tribe: The chocolate strike, what was that about?

Contestant Gufu: Coach: Bowing to Russell and all that, too damn funny, and pumping Russell's ego is both funny and smart; but, you know, Coach believes all his own BS.

Contestants Gufu: Villains: The dumbdumbs actually just let Russell find the HII, didn't try and stop him or beat him too it, unbeleavable.

For all the Greek Tragedy playing out in Heroes Camp at least Villains Camp is a Cosmic Farce.

Contestant Gufu: Rupert: Never, I repeat NEVER, apologize for beating up Jerri. Kidding aside: At least she wasn't badly hurt.

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 03-13-10 at 01:00 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-13-10 AT 01:41 PM (EST)

I'm leading with Production this week: James' injury has "TORN ACL" written all over it. Even my MIL, who doesn't watch the show and diagnosed from my description, agrees. To let him continue in the game is irresponsible and insane, and the medical personnel who allowed it should have all their licenses taken away. Dumb, dumb, irresponsible, ridiculous.

Also, tone it down with the violence - maybe establish some rules, like, say, Rupert needed to be 86'd for smashing Jerri's face. Yes, I'm a Jerri hater and a Rupert fan, but that was flat-out not cool.

Also, why the hell did the Heroes have to go a player short? That's weak.

Now to bash the Contestants. Heroes, Heroes, Heroes. Stupid, stupid Heroes, proving the Dark Helmet corollary: Evil will always triumph because good is dumb. Gagging away a big lead in the challenge. Then voting out TOM? James' injury makes him a liability. Sorry, it does. There's no backup-James to put in, like on a sports team.

Also, J.T. making obvious alliances with damn near everyone. Sorry, but Survivor Commandment #217 states: "Thou shalt know thine enemy." Simply put, this is a bunch of whack jobs put together in a self-esteem camp that calls itself the Heroes tribe. I haven't seen this much anti-game since Pagong. To bring out game that is too advanced for the likes of simpletons is to commit Joel Klug's folly, and we all know what happened to him.

Also, another note to the Heroes. You're trying to act like heroes. The Villains are OK being villains. Scoreboard, guys. Scoreboard.

"Week 6"
Posted by samboohoo on 03-25-10 at 08:22 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-25-10 AT 08:30 AM (EST)

Contestants:

Tyson: Idiot. Nuff said.

Rob: Based on Russell specifically pulling Tyson aside, you are smart enough to know that you should have gone back to Tyson and solidified that vote by explaining the situation. Didn't you say earlier that they are morons?

Production:

If you are going to give a reward of letting a team go to TC, let them go to the entire TC, including the vote.

"RE: Week 6"
Posted by dabo on 03-25-10 at 10:50 AM
Without a doubt, Tyson gets the greatest gufu award for this episode. The plan was perfect except for one small thing, it wasn't foolproof. And you have to give Russell his due, he found that fool.

Agree totally on the production gufu. Heroes Tribal should have been first with Villains watching and chowing down until Jeff started reading the votes. Then Villains Tribal after Jeff told the Heroes to go back to camp.

Contestant Gufu: Russell. Well, giving the HII to Parvati certainly worked, so no gufu for that. Still though, making an elaborate show of it at Tribal, walking up to Jeff and then switching out to Parvati, yadayadayada, just makes him a DAW!

Contestants Gufu: Heroes. The whole banana thing, laughable. You people kept James around despite his being hurt, he's a big guy with an injured leg, let him eat his bananas and recuperate!

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

Posted by Tublecane on 03-25-10 at 10:48 PM
"Still though, making an elaborate show of it at Tribal, walking up to Jeff and then switching out to Parvati, yadayadayada, just makes him a DAW!"

How could you have missed the fact that the whole show was for the benefit of Coach (oh, and the cameras)? And it worked! Not great in the long-run to resume his grandstanding, but it was absolute genius if there's another vote before the merge. 'Cause he's gonna need flippers without another idol.

Posted by samboohoo on 03-26-10 at 08:13 AM
I forgot to include that part. The Heroes' TC should have been first, and it should have included Tyson. He was part of the challenge. He won and should have shared in the prize.

Posted by Belle Book on 03-25-10 at 08:49 PM
I agree with your Gufu that you gave to Tyson. The guy was an idiot for believing RussHell.

Posted by Tublecane on 03-25-10 at 10:44 PM
"Rob: Based on Russell specifically pulling Tyson aside, you are smart enough to know that you should have gone back to Tyson and solidified that vote by explaining the situation. Didn't you say earlier that they are morons?"

I gotta give Rob a pass on this one. We don't know that he didn't try to shore up Tyson's worries. The split was perfectly conceived, and would've worked. It was a relatively straight-forward tribal, with the exception of Russell's idol transfer, which wouldn't have mattered anyway had Tyson not made his move. Tough to plan against that sort of thing. Forget Russell, Tyson is the real suicide bomber.

Posted by suzzee on 03-26-10 at 07:02 AM
A side gufu to CBS for putting this

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/video/?pid=KKA7zm_Q0jvPnogjPOyGmRZnbIdHG1Jl&vs=homepage&play=true

in their clips.

Coach shares his nicknames for the remaining players in the game, which are based on Arthurian legend.

Enough to establish him as the biggest gufu to play the game.

"Week 7 "
Posted by Dakota on 04-02-10 at 03:10 PM
OMH, get this thing goin'!

1. COACH. You are a GUFU. Wait, I need to bold that. COACH, YOU ARE A GUFU

What happened to your word, your honor, integrity, and all that jazz? WTF!

2. Second place goes to Jeri. You left your marbles in Australia. Or maybe you never had any. JERI, YOU ARE A GUFU

Agman is the best-2010

"RE: Week 7 "
Posted by suzzee on 04-02-10 at 04:30 PM
Truth.

agman makes me hot

Posted by samboohoo on 04-05-10 at 11:46 AM
1. The Villians for sitting out Courtney and Sandra in the RC, forcing both of them to play in the IC. Sandra might be a puzzle queen, but she and Courtney are by far the weakest physical players.

2. Jerri for calling Coach naive and then falling for Russell's BS herself.

3. Coach and Jerri for their votes.

4. Rob for not targeting Parvati again.

5. Russell for his social skills.

Posted by Tublecane on 04-06-10 at 06:02 PM
"Jerri for calling Coach naive and then falling for Russell's BS herself."

Becoming Russell's ally is not "falling for BS." I can understand why people don't like Russell, but wherefore this notion that it's not a good idea to be on his side? Because he's a lying "snake"? Big deal.

For the record, it's obviously a lie that Russell wants Jerri and Coach in the finals (though bringing Coach along would be a great move, in my opinion). And Jerri may well never crack the Russell-Parvati-Danielle alliance. But even if she doesn't, and that alliance dominates the game post-merge, she can still come in 4th. Can anyone honestly tell me Jerri was a shoe-in for 4th with Rob?

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 04-05-10 at 06:49 PM
Contestants:

1. The Dragonslayer tilts his lance at another windmill - WTF was with the vote for Courtney?

2. As much of a Russell fan as I am, anyone who follows him is insane.

3. Sitting out the weak players in the RC is a bad move. Take note, Villains - you just let the Heroes back in this game.

Production:

1. I know we just had the NCAA Tournament, but are the basketball-themed challenges really necessary in such high number?

2. The Heroes get an HII but the Villains don't? Where's the consistency?

Posted by Brownroach on 04-06-10 at 12:38 PM
HII clues only come with a reward win. The tribes got their previous clues on different occasions, each after winning a reward.

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 04-06-10 at 08:06 PM
If I recall, the first HII clues came to both tribes after a Villains win - the Villains got theirs in their toolbox (their reward), and the Heroes got theirs in a previous reward (the coffee beans.) In the name of consistency, I thought they would do the same again.

Posted by udg on 04-13-10 at 08:44 PM
>If I recall, the first HII
>clues came to both tribes
>after a Villains win -
>the Villains got theirs in
>their toolbox (their reward), and
>the Heroes got theirs in
>a previous reward (the coffee
>beans.) In the name of
>consistency, I thought they would
>do the same again.

I actually assumed that the clue had been in the coffee all along, but it was only noticed at that time. Maybe not, though.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 04-13-10 at 09:30 PM
Here's what I think. The clue was put there the previous episode when the Heroes won their reward. Then they found it a day or two later ... and it just makes for a better storyline (through editing) to have them both find it at the same time, so it was edited in to appear to have been found an extra day or two later than when it was actually found.

Nothing of importance happened during the episode when the Heroes found it in the coffee, so might as well save it for the next episode when the Villains found theirs, so they have a dueling HII storyline.

Posted by udg on 04-14-10 at 02:30 PM
I buy that.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

Posted by Tublecane on 04-06-10 at 06:10 PM
"2. As much of a Russell fan as I am, anyone who follows him is insane."

Why? Natalie followed him last season and won.

I remember Probst being all confused during the Thailand reunion, asking everyone why they didn't get rid of the "snake," Brian. As if post-Hatch common sense dictates that all snakes will automatically win, and therefore must be dispatched with extreme prejudice. Whatever. Players have, and will continue to, see right through snakes and use them for their own purposes. Okay, fine, Helen (or whatever her name was) was under Brian's spell, but the others, I figure, counted on Brian being Brian and winning because (or in spite) of it. Surely there were plenty of ways they could have won anyway.

Brian happened to play better, but then again there are loads of counter-examples, where the wily ones were out-wiled in the end. See, for example, Russell last year. I remember people pleading with the players to vote him out. Come on, they pleaded, don't let the snake make F6, F5, F4, etc. But they didn't budge. no moves were made. Why? Because it made perfect sense not to make a move. Because snakes can be wrangled.

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 04-06-10 at 08:08 PM
Not saying Natalie didn't ride her way to victory - but I would argue that there was a healthy degree of insanity in doing so. Also, Natalie won because she made the move of the season - that way, seven jurors could justify voting against the snake because someone else played a solid game.

However, anyone else who made deals with Russell was shafted. Shambo was a victim of tribe loyalty. John was a victim of Russell's mouth. Mick was a victim of his own feckless gameplay. The only real players were Laura, Natalie, and Russell, and only two made the end.

Posted by Tublecane on 04-08-10 at 02:59 PM
"However, anyone else who made deals with Russell was shafted. Shambo was a victim of tribe loyalty. John was a victim of Russell's mouth. Mick was a victim of his own feckless gameplay."

John is not really applicable, since he met the fate of many a fence-sitting flipper. Players in his position are traditionally different than normal alliance-mates. Okay, it made a difference that he was dealing with Russell in that had Russell not changed his mind on a dime, John probably would've stuck around for at least another tribal. I'll give you that much. Still, his time was short.

As for Shambo, Jaison, and Mick, there's a reason most Survivor deals are F4/F3/F2, then every man for himself. Once you get to a certain point, you're in a position where no matter who you vote for, it has to be an ally. Nothing about turning on Shambo makes Russell a particularly bad alliance-mate, in my opinion. Bad vis-a-vis Shambo, yes, but not toward the others (and it has to be one or the others).

"Week 8"
Posted by dabo on 04-09-10 at 12:33 PM
Contestants Gufu: Villains. What is this, Amazing Race? Read the treemail! Breaking down the camp was just dumb, a waste of energy. In game terms: You're starving and low on energy, don't waste your energy!

Contestants Gufu: Heroes. Convincing the Villains you think you know what alliance is in control of their tribe, smart. Convincing yourselves of it, totally dumb.

Contestant Gufu: Jerri. Actually, she was right about the sitouts at the RC. Big mistakes letting those sitouts get po'd because she brought it up.

"RE: Week 8"
Posted by samboohoo on 04-09-10 at 02:38 PM
Contestants:

Coach: STFU

Coach Voters: Jeff told you point blank that Courtney is useless, and you kept her.

JT: Are you sure that was only your tooth knocked out in Tocantins and not your brain?

Posted by dabo on 04-09-10 at 03:14 PM
I tried to think of exactly what to say about JT. It's becoming painfully obvious that Stephen got custody of the brain.

Posted by samboohoo on 04-09-10 at 03:37 PM
I know. He was just one big giant gufu last night.

Posted by Belle Book on 04-09-10 at 09:03 PM
I'd give J.T. and maybe Rupert the Heroes Gufu -- unless Amanda & Candice also believe it, in which case they are dumb as well.

I'd give Coach his own personal Gufu for suggesting that Courtney and Sandra sit out Reward. That's what cost the Villains both challenges since Courtney and Sandra had to play for Immunity.

Maybe RussHell should get a Gufu for believing Sandra, but then again I'm not complaining.

Posted by Tublecane on 04-14-10 at 04:52 PM
"Maybe RussHell should get a Gufu for believing Sandra"

But she was telling the truth, sorta, even if she didn't realize it. It's not like she made him doubt Parvati, or something. Plus, he had his own reasons to target Coach (namely, maintaining the charade of the Black Widow Alliance, Part 2). Oh, and he didn't vote for Coach anyway.

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 04-14-10 at 05:41 PM
Maybe RussHell should get a Gufu for believing Sandra, but then again I'm not complaining.

Part of me thinks this works out perfectly for Russell. His ploy seems to be to make the Heroes think of the two scariest words to any male Survivor player: "women's alliance." (Never mind that women's alliances have about a 14% success rate.)

As such, the Heroes, who are a united tribe, target a female, and all Russell has to do is steer it toward Courtney or Sandra, and he's an automatic sixth vote. Game over. This is, of course, assuming they merge soon...and if they don't, Russell has Parvati and Danielle in his corner along with Jerri, who'd probably rather eat a live snake than face a tiebreaker...ipso facto, they finally Shanghai Courtney, at long last.

If the Heroes ditch Courtney and Sandra, Russell can weasel his way into the Heroes' inner workings the way he did with Galu on Samoa. Sure, he's down 5-4 at this point, but there has to be a weak point somewhere - alliances of five rarely stand together. Colby would be reluctant to work with Jerri, but after All-Stars, they may consider their score settled; I don't know. Nothing has come up regarding that dynamic. I do know that Colby might be forced to work with Russell out of necessity.

Also, Russell can truthfully say he didn't vote for Coach, as if a women's alliance really does exist. So long, Courtney.

Posted by MissMyth on 04-16-10 at 00:02 AM
Nooooo, noooooo!!!

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 04-16-10 at 06:27 AM
Gonna give the gufu to the entire Heroes tribe for thinking this was such a brilliant idea, not just JT.

Posted by dabo on 04-20-10 at 00:51 AM
Have to agree with that. JT certainly is the lead Gufu, but Colby, Rupert, Amanda and Candice have been living with the guy all this time, if they don't know better by now they deserve equal shares of the Gufu.

" Week 9"
Posted by jbug on 04-16-10 at 10:12 AM
Vote now to give the Gufu Crown to.....
yes, JT. King of the Gufu's.

what an idiot.....poor poor guy

for talking a lot? me? Jan 2010

"RE: Week 9"
Posted by jbug on 04-16-10 at 12:55 PM
Parvarti:
Could have had a true 5 strong female alliance.
Could have blindsided Russell - and had a great laugh at him with his freebie HII in his pocket - and went into the merge 5 women strong. Keep Sandra & Courtney and go with 5.

As it is, she can not count on Sandra; so they go into the merge with 4 in the alliance - & who knows where Scerri will fall.

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 04-20-10 at 08:45 PM
Could have blindsided Russell - and had a great laugh at him with his freebie HII in his pocket - and went into the merge 5 women strong. Keep Sandra & Courtney and go with 5.

Wouldn't have worked - Sandra and Courtney don't trust Parvati...well, at least Sandra doesn't, and there didn't seem to be a lot of reciprocation of trust on Courtney's part toward Parvati. Her only chance was to hang onto Russell and his second idol - assuming Sandra flips, they're down 6-4, and, worst case, two well-played idols bring them even and force a Hero to flip.

JT's gambit falls under the guise of "calculated risk," albeit it's verging on "what the hell was he thinking?" I would count this move as alongside James' failure to use two idols - it passes as a calculated risk, but it's not a risk most people would take. It's not half as crazy as Erik passing immunity to Natalie - that move deserved an Eric Cartman-style "The fvck?!"

That said, JT's move has about a 1% chance of coming off as genius, a 5% chance of not mattering, and a 94% chance of backfiring. But if it works, JT will undoubtedly be the greatest Survivor who ever played. I can't make that claim about Erik's move - had he survived, that would have been pulling a Homer. If this works, JT's a bold strategist. The problem? It probably won't work.

Posted by Belle Book on 04-16-10 at 08:24 PM
Yeah -- J. T. gets the crown this season!

"Week 10"
Posted by dabo on 04-23-10 at 11:59 AM
Congrats, JT, you managed to lead your tribe straight to ruin!

Contestant Gufu: Rupert. He should have stuck to his guns after Sandra gave him the lowdown about Russell. Instead he got distracted by bananas and let JT lead him by the nose.

Contestand Gufu: Parvati. For the most part she played this episode excellently. Wasting two idols when only one was needed, minigufu, she should have saved one in secret if she could have.

Contestant Gufu: Russell. Okay, so what was all that stuff last week about how stupid it is to give away the HII to another player? Dumb just to hand it over to Parvati until it became necessary.

"RE: Week 10"
Posted by Brownroach on 04-23-10 at 04:52 PM
Contestant Gufu: Russell. Okay, so what was all that stuff last week about how stupid it is to give away the HII to another player? Dumb just to hand it over to Parvati until it became necessary.

She did need his idol though, or so RussHell thought, since he didn't know she had another one. He knew the Heroes wanted her out.

I think Parv absolutely needed to play both of the idols because it was imperative that the votes for the Villain be nullified, and she didn't know who was going to receive them. So I don't consider it a waste.

Biggest gufu to me: Amanda's inability to lie believably.

"RE: Week 10"
Posted by Belle Book on 04-23-10 at 07:50 PM
I agree with you -- although I would add that Amanda is able to lie believably. Look at the time she fooled Alexis, Natalie and Erik in Micronesia. But I think she has a hard time lying to people she considers friends. So Amanda gets a gufu for failing to separate a friendship outside (and inside) the game from the game itself.

"Week 11"
Posted by dabo on 04-30-10 at 11:39 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-30-10 AT 05:01 PM (EST)

Contestant Gufu: Colby. Sharing a bed with two women must have gone to his head. Should not have sided with Danielle about the HII clue. Amanda had the clue dead to rights! Yeah, Danielle found it, but she threw it on the floor, it was not taken from her unfairly. Besides, Man Rule #6 is quite clear: Never break up a chick fight!

Contestant Gufu: Amanda. Should have stood her ground and kept the clue.

Contestant Gufu: Candice. Way to channel Coach.

"RE: Week 11"
Posted by jbug on 04-30-10 at 12:17 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-30-10 AT 12:21 PM (EST)

Colby - WAKE UP! You've slept a whole season away!

Amanda - Such a wimp; learn to stand up for what you want!

Danielle - RussHell's got you wrapped around his little finger. Why did you think you were obligated to share the clue with him? Parvarti showed you that it was okay to keep secrets from him. Well?
And? not to keep your eyes on him while looking for the HII? really?

Candice - I have a bridge I want to sell you - it's in the dessert, but you know you can believe anything I say. It'll be a better deal for you than the one you have now; trust me.

ETA:
Production: You could only come up with 1 bed? and 1 measley bowl of popcorn? Movie time - candy bars, sodas, beer, hot dogs, surely you could think of more than popcorn!
And BTW, were they allowed to shower before getting on that beautiful bed? eeeeeewwwww

Posted by jbug on 04-30-10 at 09:24 PM

Jeff said the same thing about Amanda in his blog:
Amanda gave the clue back because she wasn’t strong enough to stand up for herself. It continues to be Amanda’s Achilles heel in life. Standing up for her self.

Posted by Belle Book on 04-30-10 at 04:49 PM
I agree with your Gufus. Amanda gets one for backing down, Colby gets one for siding with a Villain and Candice gets one for believing RussHell.

Posted by iltarion on 04-30-10 at 05:35 PM

Production Gufu: Let's put the idol clue in the popcorn and hope for a fight. Lame.

Production Gufu: Why even bother giving a clue? Why not just tell them outright where the idol is or have the clue be the idol? Obviously, the word "clue" is a misnomer. What happened to the players actually needing a couple clues or a brain to find an idol?

Candice- It is likely all 5 Heroes make the jury. Amanda and JT didn't care for you much before this. Now, they all have a reason to not vote for you.

Colby- The only straight man in the world that could make lying between Amanda and Danielle look uncomfortable.

Danielle- Once you set it down, Amanda had just as much right to the clue as you. Fight for it made you look bad, especially after Russell got the idol instead of you.

>

Posted by jbug on 04-30-10 at 09:22 PM
From Jeff's blog:
INSIGHT: From a rules point of view, there is no rule that covers something this unique. Neither Danielle nor Amanda had a clear-cut case of possession, so it was up in the air.

Posted by iltarion on 04-30-10 at 10:56 PM

Proving what I just said, "Amanda had just as much right to it as" Danielle. Thank you.

>

"The teasers were right, but mis-timed..."
Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 05-01-10 at 06:17 PM
The stupidest move in the history of Survivor wasn't J.T. giving the idol clue to Russell. Careless, sure, but not the worst of all time.

Far worse? Amanda failing to channel her inner second-grader in saying, "Finders keepers, losers weepers."

Amanda coughs up the clue, and Danielle sends her wild dogs to look for it. Predictably, they find it, which is significant because it could have been used to save Amanda and bounce Parvati. Now? Amanda chokes away a season of Survivor for a third time. The last time this much choke-itis was seen on national TV, it inspired the new ending to the movie "Fever Pitch."

I hesitate to give Russell a Gufu for playing the idol, since idols to Russell are like $1 bills to a stripper, but playing it without telling Parvati was a bit of an unnecessary "up yours" gesture.